Comments: This racquet from the get go has a lack of power, spin and control. I'm a 5.5 level male tennis player and was disappointed with this racquet from Head.
From: Bob, 1/13

Comments: The racquet is very powerful and it's also still because of Innegra. It is extremely good for spin, much better than Head Radical series.
From: George, 10/12
String type: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 17g

Comments: I have always played with Babolat, from the Pure Drive up until recently when I played with the Pure Storm Tour. One day at practice my friend and I switched racquets just for fun and I ended up falling head over heels for this frame. So much spin and so much pop off of everything. Unfortunately this racquet starts to feel like a trampoline once my strings got lose, but thankfully around that time they pop. Great frame.
From: Nathaniel, 9/12
String type and tension: Tourna Big Hitter Blue Rough @ 68lbs

Comments: My current racket is Head Prestige YT Pro and I never played with wide beam racket before (everything above 22 mm looks like wide beam to me). I did not have high expectations, but I am writing this after testing another dozen rackets, so I could see the market, so to speak. This racket had the best spin, I have ever experienced in a tennis racket, better then Head Microgel Pro I have and Babolat Aero Drive I tested few days ago. I could hit with power and balls I thought would sail long were landing in consistently. What was amazing was the kick up from the court (better than BAD), although ball was not as heavy as from Babolat Storm Tour. Serves were very good, especially 2nd serves and very consistent, although speed on first serves did not match my HPP. Downsides were twofold: 1) I could feel the racket stiffness which resulted in numbness in my arm (albeit after 2 hrs play). 2) For some reason I just could not get my one handed backhand working at all. Most balls were landing barely past the service line even when I set up properly. This was really weird. I usually can hit deep backhands when set up properly even with heavy (and swingweight heavy) rackets like old Prince Rebel and Volkl PB 325 and I could do it the same day with Pacific Feel Pro which was one of the least powerful rackets I ever played with. Still, if stiff rackets are your thing and you always played with thin beam rackets, this one is worth a demo. It might remove your prejudices against wide beam rackets at a stroke...
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I am pleased with this stick. The weight seemed lighter than the 2009 MicroGEL model. The demo I had was strung with NXT which produced a good feel on groundstrokes and volleys. Slices were crazy as I was slicing deli meats and cheeses on the changeovers. I have owned all of the models in this line and this one is the best. I have ordered two and can't wait to see how they feel with the Prince synthetic gut 18 gauge that I usually play with.
From: Darryl, 5/12
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, 55 lbs

Comments: Really really powerful frame. You really need to impart a lot of spin to the ball to keep it in play. Unfortunately, I have very flat strokes, and was having trouble keeping the ball from going long. As for weight, it was not all that heavy, felt pretty nice actually. The response of this stick is very stiff and crisp, personally not my cup of tea. But for the player who has a really fast swing speed and likes to swipe up on the ball, this is their stick, as for everyone else, stay clear of it.
From: Ben, 2/12

Comments: It is one of the most underestimated stick out there. I was skeptic about it after reading all negative reviews but decided to demo it. All I can say is WOW. The control, spin and power are amazing. Ground strokes are solid, spin is crazy and control is top notch. I also have Babolat PD Roddick plus and I thought that was a pure dynamite...not anymore. BTW a lot of people say this stick is heavy - well it is lighter than Wilson 6.1 BLX and does not kill your elbow as BLX or PD plus - maybe Innegra really works... The bottom line is - try it out if you are looking to improve your game and looking for spin , control and power. Youtek Extreme IG is worth a demo. AND it is cheaper than its counterparts! :)
From: Lana P, 1/12

Comments: I have just tried this awesome Head Youtek IG Extreme Pro this past week. It is amazing. I don't under stand when people say it is heavy. Maybe a little heavier but not by much. Spin is crazy and control is out the roof good. But over all its great should try it out.
From: Jacob, 12/11
String type and tension: Pacific X Force, 60 lbs

Comments: I have played this racquet for a month now. It is very stable, ample top spin, and good for angles. The only downside is its pretty hefty and you have to keep your swing speed up for all shots. On serves, top spin is the natural trajectory because of the roundish head shape and 100 square inch size. I use a one handed backhand and thus timing is vital. I have had no problems with my backhand using this stick.
From: Roy, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Speed, 60lbs

Comments: I agree with the previous comment from Jeff, the racquet seems much head heavier than my actual Head Speed IG 315, which by the way I added lead at 3 and 9 o'clock to stabilize the head. This heaviness made it awkward on groundstrokes, since I had to work more to bring it from back to front efficiently. Also, the head is rounder than other Head models, which bothered me. Not a nice test overall!
From: Mess, 8/11
String type and tension: Black Mono, 24 kgs

Comments: One word to describe this racquet is heavy. I normally don't mind racquets weighing in at 12 plus ounces, but this is heavy and cumbersome without the feel or plow of heavy sticks. I just couldn't harness the power and weight. They have nice graphics though.
String type and tension: Black Tonic Natural Gut 60 lbs

Comments: This is my new weapon of choice. I agree with others when they say it is powerful and stiff but I had to give it a chance after looking at the racquet specs. After a few different string jobs, I was able to tame this beast with a full soft poly at 45 lbs. No arm or shoulder problems as I have had with my Babolat AeroPro Drive GT. Try this stick out and play around with tensions. It's worth the try.
From: M, 7/11
String type and tension: RPM 45lbs

Comments: Honestly speaking, I didn't like it at beginning, it was overpowered for me, so I cut the string out and restrung two more lbs tighter. After about three weeks playing with it I now am so loving it, I cannot play any games without it. I have to say it is a dream racquet. I used to play with BLX 6.1 90 Tour, but somehow I just couldn't feel the ball clearly like with K90 so I started demoing racquets(Babolat, Wilson, prince and some Head racquets.) I finally found this one. I love the groundstrokes of it, very stable and powerful( because of the Innegra?), huge sweetspot, and much fewer unforced errors than before. If I swing out, the ball goes deep and fast. Volleys are solid and precise. I could put the ball to where I aim and it's very easy to pick up low half volley balls. Serve is excellent and still as precise as volley and groundies, I gain some extra mph with it when flat 1st. The kick serve is natural. This is a very unique racquet.
From: Matt. 6/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Blackcode 1.24 @ 54 lbs

Comments: I just playtested this racquet and here are the results. Pros: Groundstrokes. Goodness, the groundstrokes on this racquet are a dream. There's a ton of spin to be had, and the power is just waiting for you to let fly. I won quite a few rallies on this one (notice I didn't say points, hint hint). I didn't get many opportunities to volley off of this one, but when I did I found it was well suited for it. The solid weight isn't pushed around at all, and it's really forgiving when your shot is a little off. Cons: I'm a big connection guy. I need to feel like I know what the ball is going to do even if I don't get to see it after the shot. There was none of that. When I hit, I watched the ball with just as much interest in what might happen as my opponent. When my form was good, I witnessed some of the most beautiful shots I ever hit without feeling confident in them. Also, I'm no weakling, but I think this racquet just need a stronger player to get a good serve. I couldn't generate the racquet speed that I like, and it really restricted my options. The only serves I could get with this were topspin, and those weren't well placed at that. I didn't win many points because of it. This racquet, while I can tell is high quality, just isn't for me.
From: Russell. 5/11

Comments: I just got done demoing this and was not very happy. After about 10 minutes it was clear this was not the racquet for me. It seemed overpowered to me and I just couldn't find enough spin to compensate. The one thing I will give this racquet are serves. I was blasting serves with little effort but it all fell apart when my opponent got them back.

Comments: This racquet is very stable. I could drive the ball on my backhand and forehand really well. Volleys are also solid. Best of all, my arm has no pain, so I think Innegra works. It does have better feedback on a 17 gauge string.
From: EJ, McAllen, TX, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Hybrid: Head FXP & Sonic Pro (17g) @ 57lbs

Comments: This racquet is incredible! I just upgraded from the Head Microgel Radical OS. I love the feel and sound at the net. It has great feel and spin from the baseline. This one came on top over all the other YouTek Head racquets I demoed. Very happy with the purchase!
From: Joe, Columbia, SC, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Mains: Gamma Zo Twist @ 58lbs Crosses: Gamma Professional Spin @ 58lbs

Comments: I made a switch to this new Extreme just recently and I've been pleased with the performance. Coming from a softer players stick (Volkl PB Mid 10) this is definitely a different feel and took a bit of hitting to realize I don't need to work so hard. No doubt I can do things with this racquet that I can't with others. I'm still dialing in strings and I think strings may really make the difference with these types of rackets. 17g full bed mono-filaments and co-poly strings lasted me a couple of hours. The hybrid set up with 16g is way better for my game and doesn't sacrifice feel. Explosive groundies, solid volleys, and very noticeable pop in my serve make this a super all around racquet. It's also so maneuverable; much more than I thought It'd be. My one-hand back hand cruises right through it and I'm enjoying the extra head size for improved mis-hits. I hit the ball hard with plenty of spin. The issues I have is when I just half hit it and they fly on me. Not a bad problem to have at my level really for all you pick up in performance. I think you have to hit this if you're a 4.0 or above. The MP version is a bit lighter and more forgiving but not as solid a feel for strong players.
From: Steve, Muncie, IN, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour mains, Gut-type crosses

Comments: Any idea for the date for this racket for a tennis warehouse review?
From: Michael, Chicago, IL, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast,16 57#
(Michael, we will try to get to this racquet eventually, however we have so many new frames on the block right now the review will be a while out.--TW Staff)

Comments: This racquet plays remarkable, stiff, but extremely playable. For a racquet that comes in at 75 in stiffness it amazingly easy on the arm. My biggest surprise is how they shaved 16 units off the swingweight from last years model, and still kept it at the same static weight.
From: John, Sheffield Village, OH, USA, 03/11