Head YOUTEK Speed Lite Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I had a wrist injury and needed to go to a lighter frame. Tested several and this stick is allowing me to hit again. The lightweight frame took a bit to adjust on serves but I have my kick and flat serves back after a few practice sessions. Frame provides huge spin from forehand and I can easily flatten out the backhand with this stick. I had to string up to take some power away and that left it feeling a little more dead than the demo I hit with, but it allows me to take a bigger cut at the ball. For me this is doing the trick. Switched from AeroPro Drive. This felt similar to the Aero Pro Lite, but I needed the little extra pop this provided.
From: Rich. 5/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast @ 62 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: I've been playing with Babolat AeroPro Drive Corxtex since late 2008 with great success. I decided to begin looking at options in case the APDC failed. First batch were those with a lighter swingweight and more head heavy than the Babolat. The Head Youtek Speed Lite OS was one of 4 demo racquets from TW. This Speed Lite OS was amazing. I naturally hit with a lot of topspin, but the ease of swing allowed me to hit with even more topspin + pace and to confidently go for winners, especially hitting short-angled shots to the middle-side court. Serves produced nearly as much pace as the Babolat, but more easily landed shorter in the box producing a big kick that forced many returns to be taken at shoulder height. My opponent was more often than usual quickly put in a defensive position due to how aggressively the Head allowed me to play. This is a light racquet, but being even balance it doesn't have either the trampoline effect from similarly weighted head-heavy sticks nor the weak and twisting head of a very head-light racquet. Because of that, too, I didn't notice any elbow or shoulder issues. Racquet also feels much more dampened than the other 3 demos, but in a way that reduces vibration yet still allows for great feel. Give it a shot.
From: YzPlayr. 5/11
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Blue 17L/Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17

Comments: I tried the demo and the racket is not complicated to use. The power is perfect. You can't go wrong with your hit. You will get used to it easily. I'm looking for my replacement to my head intelligence s2. Every time I'm planning to buy, I can't avoid comparing it to my racket and eventually not buying one at all until this Racket. Definitely, this is my new racket now. Love it!
From: Allan, Manila, Philippines, 03/11
String type and tension: Prince Tour 55

Comments: Pros: very light, descent feel for being so light Cons: Initially lost MPH on serve, but have gained back after adjustment.
I am having some mild shoulder issues and have lost some foot quickness and racquet head speed due to age. Therefore, I had to give up the only racquet I have ever played with, The Prestige. I have enjoyed the transition to this racquet. My shoulder would fatigue (particularly when in tourney and playing second match of the day) and this racquet has helped tremendously with that. Occasionally a ball does fly, but perhaps that is just me. If you are an aging player who is still hitting with the better local juniors and division 2/3 college kids I can recommend this racquet heartily. My biggest weapon is my serve and initially my server lost some MPH, however, I have gained the MPHs back as I have adjusted to this racquet.
Age: 39
NTRP: 4.5 Benchmark
Height: 6 foot 1 inch
Weight: 173 lbs
Hits/Week: 3-4 times
Style: Aggressive baseliner
Previous Racquet: Head YouTek Prestige MP

Comments: Bought this racquet three weeks ago. It has excellent feel and maneuverability. I am not a tall person so the racquet weight suits me perfectly. It gives good power and spin at the same time; feels good while serving the ball...Got a good headsize too...
From: Namgyel, Thimphu, Bhutan, 11/10
String type and tension: Gosen strings/55 lbs
Headsize: 102 sq inch

Comments: This is the best racquet ever! Very nice feel and comfort. Since I am a shorter player the weight suits me fine.
From: James, Garden Grove, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 60lbs.

Comments: This racquet is awesome, every ball is very accurate, enormous spin, nice at the serve, can hit forehand like a Nadal, really something different and totally better on market, I am definitely a fan of this racket.
From: Marko, Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, 11/10
String type and tension: tension 26/24
Headsize: 102 sq.in

Comments: All I can say is "Wow"! Great racquet, light enough when you're not 100% sure about your technique (that means except from Rafa and Roger, lol)! Sweetspot is large enough to be tolerant, great power that gives you confidence to hit hard without sacrificing control! Surprisingly, I preferred low tension to high one, unlike what I read from this section! Try both before deciding! If you're on the progression side, this weapon is definitely your new partner in crime!!
From: Mess, France, 09/10
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut, 22 kgs

Comments: What a racquet! I had it strung at 55 lbs the first week I played with it and got a tremendous amount of spin. It didn't feel quite right on power shots though. I read a post on this site that it feels better at a high tension so I took the racquet back and had it re-strung at 60lbs and what a difference. Power, spin, control all in one. Not for everyone being so light but it fits my game perfectly. I'm going to order another one now.
From: Rick, Missouri City, Texas, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 16L, 60lbs

Comments: Cool racquet. I've been using the Head Metallix 2 for a few years, and I thought I'd see what the Youtek thing was all about. The Speed Lite has about the same specs as the M2, so I ordered a Speed Lite. Definitely has great feel, better than the M2, and I had very little adjustment in my strokes to get the Speed Lite zoned in. The first day on the courts after 6 months of skiing, and the Speed Lite played like a winner, so I just ordered another one.
From: Richard, Berthoud, CO, USA 04/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 17, 62 lbs

Comments: What I would say about this racquet is that IT HAS REALLY GOOD FEEL. Gives a lot of head acceleration with its lightness, and also comes with a lot of spin. Quite nice.
From: Harri, CA, US 03/10
String type and tension: 60, Babolat Xcel Power

Comments: I have been using this racquet for two weeks. It is very good in volley, service and little spin. Maneuverability is excellent but I think it is too light for me. However I was shocked when found the racquet has a tiny crack 3 in length inner side of side frame at the centre horizontal string extending in about 4 holes.
From: Rusdi, Sorowako, Indonesia, 02/10
String type and tension: Head
Headsize: 102 in

Comments: Great racquet with both power and control. This is the most solid one I've tried among the light weight ones (under 10 oz.). Normally light racquets perform well when I swing with it but not stable enough when receiving powerful strokes. Surprisingly this one does have the power to return in a solid way which is exactly what I've been looking for in the market. However, I find it perform much better when stringing with higher tension.
From: YY, Hong Kong 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro-Hurricane 17 + Gamma Asterisk 16 at 58/60

Comments: I was looking to get into tennis lessons since I had never taken them before. A good friend of mine allowed me to demo this racquet at the country club he is a pro at. He recommended this racquet for me because I am female and would like the lighter weight racquet, as well as for many other reasons. Since taking lessons and playing with this racquet I have fallen even more in love with it. A fairly small sweet spot feels like heaven when you hit it generating great power despite my slower beginner swing. If I miss the sweet spot I definitely know; the ball reacts accordingly and the racquet feels "ugly". I don't really know many other technical things about this racquet only that when I hit good form shots the YouTek Speed Lite will perform well helping me to generate tons of power and pop in my groundstrokes. My serves are a lot faster and powerful compared to when I use similar weighted racquets. Even as an inexperienced beginner I'm able to generate accurate serves with little spin. Volleys feel really solid with lots of response from this racquet. My coach and I switched racquets for a lesson so he could "demo" this racquet himself and the next day he went to buy one. I bought this racquet to challenge me as a beginner and I look forward to the many years I have with it as I learn and develop more into intermediate levels. I would recommend this racquet to anyone to try, I simply LOVE my Head YouTek Speed Lite.
From: Erin, Ontario, CAN 10/09
String type and tension: Head FiberGel Power 16, 57
Headsize: 102in.

Comments: Very nice racquet. I'm a 4.5 baseliner with heavy topspin and compact swing. Racquet feels very predictable and shots are crisp, including volleys. Mine are strung with Luxilon Big Banger 16L.
From: Mike, Virginia Beach, VA, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 16L at 55lbs.

Comments: A very easy racquet to play with, and it has helped me a great deal. I had been playing with a Head Liquidmetal Instinct for the past few years. The more open string pattern is giving me a bit more spin, and the lighter weight gives me more margin for error. I would certainly give this one a try.
From: Kevin, Lausanne, Switzerland 09/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Ace 112, 58 lbs

Comments: Great stick. After almost ten years off, I started playing with my old Prince Precision Titanium Approach. With serious issues; the store pro recommended this one. Its the first time I played head and believe me, it's amazing. Give it a try. You'll love it.
From: Manuel, Guadalajara, Mexico 08/09

Comments:Fantastic racquet, full control, great precision, the best of the best.
From: Gaston, San Jose, Costa Rica, 07/09
String type and tension: Head FXP Power 16 String / 58lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet and really enjoyed it. It is incredibly easy to generate racquet head speed but still have great control and good touch & feel. Usually lighter weight racquets for me are to stiff and lack control. This racquet had a nice flex and I was really able to take a cut at the ball with confidence. Spin was very nice as well. Try it you'll like it.
From: MCR, MA, USA. 6/09
String type and tension: Head ETS Mid Range

Comments: I bought this racquet intending to get more power plus control in a more lightweight racquet. I'm using Prince Speedport Red currently. I added some weight to the Speed Lite to get more power and stability. It's really good for people with S2 swing style (as described by Head). I think the volley and serve are very good. The stiffness of the racquet really changes throughout your gameplay-exactly as described in YouTek technology. I think these people just tried this racquet without considering it's swing style, which doesn't suit their game play. If you swing a lot faster, you definitely need Speed MP or Pro (L5 swing style), not Lite (S2 swing style). I think that the racquet is good with some added weight (customize yourself), and the YouTek technology really give a massive impact! Well done, Head!!
From: Ariff, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane, Australia. 6/09
String type and tension: Unsure, prestrung by Head I guess.

Comments: Bad bad bad! I intended to find a lightweight racket to replace my Radical MG. I bought it because of the spec and paint job. However, after playing it for 2 hours, it is totally disappointing, I will stick on my Radical.
From: Karen, Australia, 05/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 at 58 lbs

Comments: Go with the heavier versions of this frame-I had demoed it at my shop last month and this one isn't that great.
From: Steven, Oklahoma City, OK, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Head ets unknown tension, loose though

Comments: I just hit with this racquet at my local club and it is a super nice model; I could be mistaken and if so I apologize! Both of the new YOUTEK racquets (except Djovavic one) felt solid on groundies and very solid on volley's, also spin was good, but the serve was a challenge to hit hard flat. Racquets feel similar to Rafa's frame and look similar too.
From: Joplin, Longview, WA, USA. 05/09