Comments: I have an odd history w/Head....played the TiRadical OS (loved it) and the Liquidmetal Radical MidPlus (hated it). I was hesitant to try the YouTek Speed MP but hit w/it anyways because I needed a racquet. My Dunlop Aerogel cracked...(yes frustrated). All I can say is that this is the best stick I've ever hit w/and it feels like an extension of my body. Serves have more pop, GS's are deep and nice spin. I'm not hesitant on the baseline w/this. Buy this....it's cheap so you wont be out too much green.
From: Filipo, 1/12

Comments: Excellent racquet, not too stiff, perfect for my all court game, great price too.
From: J. 1/12

Comments: This is a great racquet for heavy hitters however it lacks power.
From: Zoooz, 12/11

Comments: I've been using this racquet for about 2 years now. This is definitely a racquet you want to buy. I put Babolat RPM Blast 16 strings and I play with a western forehand grip. You can really push your opponents all over the court. The string pattern with the strings that I use produce perfect for top spin (I also have a windshield wiper forehand) and produces great strokes. If you want to bring up your game, this racquet is a must. With the price of under 100 bucks, this is perfect!

Comments: I switched to this from my trusted Yonex RDS 001 Mid. They have about the same swing weight so it didn't take long to adjust. the racquet feels superb, especially when volleying. The amount of spin I can produce with this racquet shouldn't be normal, I can hit all these angles even during fast paced rallies. This racquet also has a great flat shot. I still haven't completely adjusted to serving. My kick serve has more spin but my flat serve hasn't adjusted. I play with a long, full swing with an eastern to semi western grip. I use a one handed backhand with an eastern backhand grip.
From: Jayjay, 10/11
String type and tension: Solinco Revolution at 58 lbs

Comments: I found this racquet to be extremely light and unstable until I took some advice from a user below and implemented some lead tape. 4 grams at 9 o'clock and 4 grams at 3 o'clock did the trick. I can play without fear of the ball sailing out or wide now. A little bit of tape and this racquet is unbeatable.
From: Joseph, 9/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2

Comments: If you're wanting to mix your shots up with slice, topspin, and flat, this racquet can do the job. It has great power and spin on serve. A flexible frame that provides great control of depth on shots. The Youtek technology works well for me.
From: Josh, 7/11
String type and tension: Hybrid - Prince Problend 16/ Solinco Outlast 16, 59 lbs. tension
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I thought I'd share my 2 cents on this racquet. I'm in my early 20s, with a very athletic all court attacking game of 4.0+ level. I have a full, fast swing and aggressive playing style that really seems to suit this racquet. I changed the standard Hydrosorb grip to the Skin-feel Babolat with Tournagrip over grip + Babolat RVS vibration dampener and 17 gauge RPM Blast string strung at 57lbs. It had great stability, plow through, control, amazing spin and just a great stick in every single way. Then again, I may have just been lucky in hitting the jackpot with this racquet, as it seems perfect for my game. Very comfortable too, compared to my old EXO3 White.
From: Zi. 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17 @ 57 lbs

Comments: When I first hit with it I hated it. Like someone else noted, I thought that it lacked mass and when the sweet spot was struck it didn't feel all that great. However, that all changed when I turned to the beauty of lead tape. Lead tape at 1, 2, 10, and 11 o'clock positions led to this racquet being my main girl (tennis racquet of choice). This racquet comes at a customizable weight and it SHOULD BE CUSTOMIZED. So, out of the box, for me it was terrible. After customization it's excellent. This racquet should come with a package of lead tape.
From: Donald. 7/11
String type and tension: Kevlar and poly at around 63 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet after reading the reviews (without demoing it), and wanted to go a different way than the Babolat Pure Drive Standard Cortex. This racquet gives me a much better feel and pop than the Pure Drive. I also changed my stringing from a synthetic gut to the Babolat Revenge. This combination for me is perfect. I have much better direction and control than I had with the Pure Drive, and I don't have to swing as hard for the ball to fly. I strung it at 57 lbs, and would not string it any other way. Some others have commented about pain from this racquet/stringing and I can see how if you string it any tighter. I liked this racquet so much I bought a second one.
From: Jeff. 07/11
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge at 57lbs

Comments: Tennis elbow warning!!! It hurts my elbow so bad!

Comments: This racquet feels pretty much the same as Wilson K Pro K tour that I used. The difference is that there are less points HL, thus more power. It has a very nice feeling on volleys and on groundstrokes. It could use some more mass, but it feels OK if you hit it on center. It's very good for the quality/price ratio.
From: George, Romania. 06/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline, 55lbs

Comments: I play with high tension (Strung @ 62-64lbs). I have the same high tension with full poly setup on my Wilson Six One 95s setup, which I have no problem (possibly due to its extra weight.) But when I use the same setup on this racquet, I had serious pain after hard hitting for 5 days straight, this is the first time that I suffer with serious elbow pain. I healed in about a week, and put some weight on the 9, 3, 12 o'clock and the handle (inside the butt-cap) (I guessing its weight should bump up to about 11.9-12 ounces.) Plus using hybrid setup now, natural gut on the main and soft poly at the cross @ 62lbs. Now, I don't feel any more pain, and it becomes one of my favor racquet. I think the stiffness and weight combination of the Youtek Speed MP line is kind of a easy injury type (light+stiff=arm killer), highly recommend with extra weight put on the racquet if you're a high tension player who like to play hard.
From: J. 6/11
String type and tension: Tonic+ 16g/Luxilon Ace @62 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racket lacks mass. The lack of mass makes it a little unstable. I think the 16 x 19 version should come in a slightly longer length of 27.5 inches. The racket swings very fast, and requires the player to run pretty fast to match the speed of this racket. No problem hitting top spin, but lacks stability to crush the ball for a heavy penetrating flat shot. Great for spin loving players. Very inconsistent and powerful for flattening out. Control is not bad for such a light racket. This racket may be very suitable for players who use western grips.
From: Stan. 5/11
String type and tension: Toalson Ultimate 110 @ 53 / 50 lbs

Comments: I've used Wilson racquets all the way up until now, used the Kfactor bold and N code Tour 2. With the Youtek Speed, serves are nice. Felt very confident that I wasn't going to double fault since the racquet and open string pattern really help spin the ball in. I've strung my racquet with the Kirschbaum Pro Line 2 black strings at higher tension and on groundstrokes, I've noticed I'm getting more topspin compared to the Wilson racquets if I use the right technique. My forehands sometimes sail up to my opponents shoulders and my 1handed backhands are landing in much more because of the added topspin. A difference I do notice is that I haven't been able to hit the flat, fast put-away shots like I'm used to with my nCode for example. I use a semi-western grip and my forehands have tons of spin, but I need to figure a way to flatten it out from time to time. Slices are ridiculous with this racquet off both wings. Took a while to get used to slicing with this racquet because at first they kept sailing up and long. Volleys are odd. I'm not getting the "d3o feel" that everyone else is raving about. I mean I feel exactly the same volley with this racquet as with others so maybe I'll have to give it some time. Overall great stick, nice specs that I like, definitely feel better hitting with the racquet overall than the ones I've had previously.

Comments: Best racquet so far. Serves were amazing but I did have some stroke issues on my second serves. Not something big, just a concern. My second serve would fly a tad long, probably due to the strings. Groundies had plenty of plow through and racquet had tons and tons of stability. Off center hits were a bit unforgiving, but they went where you generally wanted them to go. Touch was EPIC. The best part of this racquet would be the touch. Just today I hit 5 drop shots off the first serve.They couldn't even react fast enough. Even if they knew it was coming.The d3o actually works! I just wish they had put some more toward 3 and 9 o'clock. The only d3o that was noticable was in the throat. But still I think they should have add some more into the frame. Volleys were lighting fast and accurate. I bought this racquet just on the specs and good reviews, and I'm glad to say that I will never regret buying this racquet.
From: Gary, Miami, Fl. 4/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 17, 59 lbs

Comments: For a player like me in his early 20's with long, powerful strokes and aggressive playing style this racquet is PERFECT. From the moment I blasted my first forehand to my last dropshot volley, I loved this stick. This racquet is downright phenomenal, if you can't make it do what you want, then the racquet is hardly to blame.
From: David, Boulder, Co. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction @ 59lbs

Comments: I LOVE this racquet. It is strongly weighted in the handle like advertised, but that is good because it helps me lag the racquet behind my arm and forces my wrist to stay a bit looser. The weight also helps with stability. I have also used the 18x20 version and I find that the 16x19 is much more stable. Of course there is more topspin available due to the open string pattern, and it is wonderful. I can totally unleash passing shots and easy winners. I find that the control on this racquet is equal or possibly even better than the 18x20, surprisingly. Overall this is a great racquet and my new preference.
From: Chris, Limerick, PA, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: MSV Hex 17 @ 57lbs

Comments: This racket gets great spin I can swing hard at the ball without being afraid of hitting it out. But beware the racket will put a lot oh hurt on your elbow if you mishit a lot. I recommend you demo the racket before you purchase it.
From: Masen, Dallas, TX, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT@58

Comments: It's a good racket but it's lacking power and is not so good at net. But I had no problem with the backhand at all. Overall it is a decent frame but not if you are hitting with pace and power served.
From: Lilibeth, Las Vegas, NV, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Luxilon XP 125 57lbs

Comments: I've bought this racquet back in November and been actively using it since then. And felt it was about time to post a review.
First I will start by saying that I switched racquets because I developed an elbow tendonitis, better known as golfer's elbow, by then I was using the Babolat Pure Drive GT, don't get me wrong it is indeed a great racquet but it mixed with bad technique got me to the point I couldn't even hit serve or smash, any ball I'd hit out of timing and elbow would start to bother me. So I decided to give it a try to the Head Youtek after reading several reviews that it was easier on the hand, elbow, shoulder...
And it's been a couple months but I can tell that at lest every time I hit it does not hurt as much as it used to and it actually decreased a lot, I almost don't feel it know and I believe that I might be recovering.
It is true that due the construction and handling of the racquet I've had to make lots of adjustments in my technique, timing, etc. And I do believe it has improved my game, better shots, more consistent. Lots of spin, though it is kind of complicated to get the kick serves, again technique improvement.
But overall it is a great racquet, it has proven easier on the elbow to me.. So hope you find this review helpful.
From: E.N, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, 02/11
String type and tension: Hybrid, Poly and Synth 57

Comments: It swings heavy so beware if you're used to light rackets. I added over grip to balance it up a little. Comfort is really good though due to smooth weight of frame plowing the ball back. It has good touch and feel if the ball is pushed back smoothly but can also hit hard if swung hard. I was using APDC and this Head frame has way more control and actually the same topspin potential, but you can also hit flat with this one. If the stroke is good the shot is good. If you don't swing at the ball it doesn't do what you want. Be aggressive and it rewards, that's if you can handle the swing weight. I prefer it over the APDC due to more control and more power if swung fast. Kick serves, flat serves all there. Slice is better than APDC by a mile and really grips the ball. Only gripe is that bloody swing weight. If your not use to it it may be an issue. I like it though as the swing is less tiring than my APDC due to me having to have more of a loopy stroke and less racket speed.
From: Dean, UK, 12/10
String type and tension: Signum poly and soft crosses

Comments: Look I read all the feedback. Demoed all the rackets except this one. I bought this racket just because of the feedback. It was the best purchase that I've made! I play 3-4 times a week. I love this Racket!!! Thanks for reading.
From: Trey, Staunton, VA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X Code 59lbs.
NTRP Rating: Around 4.0

Comments: I love this racquet, and I own 4 of them. I had won many tournaments with it. My ground strokes and serves got so much harder, nobody can handle my shot anymore. Need to find better players!
From: Sean, Pasadena, CA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Solinco tour bite 16 with 62lbs
NTRP Rating: 2.5-4.2

Comments: I have used these racquets for about a year now. Could be a little stiffer and could have a higher swingweight, only solid when you hit it clean, otherwise too much vibration..just too much. It was all right, but just not for me. I played with the Prince EXO3 Graphite 100 today and I am switching. The only part of my game this racquet really helped with was my server and volleys...could add a lot more spin on my second server and control the volleys. I felt I did not get as much control as the graphite 100, even the power was less..I don't know why, but I am done with these..it does not feel pure enough compared to the Graphite 100.
From: Shash, Reston, VA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Signum PPP @ 57 vs Prince Synthetic @ 60

Comments: I am not using this racquet in stock form yet I love it. Added 5 grams to 3-9 and leather grip w/overgrip. This racquet helps me hit a solid ball and a few comments by my friends included, awesome for serving, like butter, and just plain good. The control this stick gives me has allowed me to raise my game to an entirely new level.
From: Hayden, Allentown, PA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Gosen Polylon SP 17 @ 62lb

Comments: I demo'd this stick and I love it. After demo'ing many racquets, I've learned a lot about what I do and don't like. This stick has several attributes that I've learned are right for me: moderate weight (330 gms strung), light head (7.8 pts HL strung), fairly flexible (flex rating of 63), roundish head shape for more torsional stability, and a friendly 16x19 string pattern. After 3 sessions, I felt that I had been playing with this frame my whole life. I later learned that it was 27.2 inches long, .2" longer than standard. I'm wondering to what extent this might be one of the reasons I like this racquet. My question to anyone who knows, what is the purpose of the Head Speed MP 16x19 being .2" longer than standard? Thanks!
From: Limpinhitter, USA. 6/10

Comments: Truly a power frame. I was getting huge first serves in. Plays like a battle ax is the best way to describe it. A bit sluggish on the net, but on the baseline it plays very powerful. You definitely need a long and fast swing to get the most out of this one. I would recommend to power baseliners at the 4.5+ level.
From: Ben, Baltimore, MD, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 @ 65lbs
Headsize: 100"

Comments: For years I've been stuck in the middle ground between 4.0 and 4.5 (able to beat most 4.0s/struggle against reasonable 4.5s), but since I switched to this racquet about a year ago, my game has finally gone over that hump. The racquet is a little heavier than what I'm used to and it's been difficult to adjust my serve to the extra weight (still trying), but the racquet itself has stabilized my volleys, groundstrokes, and return of serve. My shots are far more crisp and my consistency has gone through the roof. It works well in combination with my black code strings to give me tons of additional spin without sacrificing power or changing my swing. This racquet would be an excellent choice for anyone with high racquet head speed looking for added stability in their game.
From: Ryan, New York, NY. 5/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 16

Comments: Purchased 2 of these and they felt completely different from one another, and neither felt like the racquet I demo'd. Racquets had bad vibrations, especially on off center shots. (and I mean only slightly off center). Racquets also had a noticeable ping and seemed very "tinny" when striking the ball. I have used Head for many years and think the trisys line in the '90s are some of the best racquets ever made, but their quality is now awful. I have sold both of these frames for half of what I paid and have moved on to better quality companies.
From: Shawn, Baltimore, MD. 5/10
String type and tension: Gamma ZO Tour

Comments: Very nice. I got the Head Youtek Speed 16X19 as a more user friendly alternative after a lifetime of hitting with Wilson Prostaff 6.1 frames. I hit 2 handed off both sides and am getting slower with age so I felt that a 100 square inch frame would help. Had some apprehension with Head racquets as they tend to play "smaller" than their specs but happy to say that the 16X19 string pattern (similar to my K Prostaff 6.1) with the 100 sq inch frame gives the extra reach I was looking for. The racquet swings heavier than say the Babolat Pure Drive but I took it as a plus point, it is still very mobile and head light (what I like) with good ability to generate power from the baseline. Serves were great, again the extra head size and user friendly open string pattern made a clear improvement to power/ease of use. Was serving consistently as well after a bit of practice. Volleys were not at precise as on the Pro Staff, a bit of spraying of balls (it could be the string tension or the larger head). Overall I am very happy and may be getting another stick. It does what I needed it to do. Well done, Head!
From: D, Singapore. 5/10
String type and tension: Ashaway Hybrid
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4

Comments: ad a really hard time getting comfortable with this frame. It seems like unless you hit the low-center sweetspot, your shots will feel "funky." Although it has a large head and open pattern, the stick seemed really underpowered. I'm a hard hitter and I couldn't believe how weak many of my shots felt, even when blasting the crap out the ball. My shots seemed to either go short or two feet past the baseline. On the flip side, my serves seemed to have a good amount of spin and kick - but that will come with any 100in head.
From: Taylor, SoCal CA. 4/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 16g Big Banger Original, 56 lbs.

Comments: Picked up game again after 20 years-- demo'd five racquets and found control, spin and power with the Speed MP. I'm an Intermediate/Advanced player in my early 40s and have had no shoulder, arm or wrist issues/soreness since starting to play again in Nov '09. What a change from my Prince Pro from 1987! One question-- how do you drop serious money for a stick and not get a cover? Can't even find one online.
From: JD, Los Angeles, CA USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro, ?

Comments: I got two of these racquets for Christmas and I really like them. You can really swing at the ball with this stick. I really like it at net and on my serve. It's an all around great racket for me. I would recommend it for everyone!
From: Cameron, Phoenix, Arizona, US 03/10
String type and tension: Dunlop syn gut crosses, head sonic pro mains58\59

Comments: An excellent racquet, I used to play with the Head Liquidmetal Radical MP. After demoing 6 different racquets, I liked the light head and the D30 technology of this racquet. I am an offensive counterpuncher with a semi western forehand and a western one handed backhand. I give it 5 stars
From: Lakshay, Herndon, VA, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 16L, 63lbs
Headsize: 100sq. in
NTRP Rating: 4.5, High school player

Comments: Proud to say this is my racket. Was looking for something a little easier to swing than players stick like the Prestiges, yet still retain the control and heft over tweeners. This is it. Swings very light, adds sweet spin to your strokes, and volleys great. It has a lot of feel, and somewhat "raw" power, in the sense that it has more power than the Prestige but less predictable. I have no reservation hitting balls off the rise, because on top of the ease to swing, it can create plenty of spin to keep it in the court. Kick serve materialized with this racket. I play a lot of doubles and the Speed is highly dependable at net. The downside of the 16x19 version is it lacks a little torsional stability. If you really need that, then go for the 18x20. Otherwise I think this is a stick that can be liked by any type of player, whether you muscle the ball or let the racket do the work, baseline or SV...
From: B, 03/10

Comments: This racquet is awesome!! I feel the ball very good and it's very fun to hit I think this is a perfect racquet at least for me it's also so a very pretty racquet :)
From: Nitzan Israel 02/10
String type and tension: gamma synthetic gut 57

Comments: I got this racquet for Christmas. It beats radical mp and pro for sure. This helped me get huge flat forehands and by 1-handed backhand improved a LOT. The serve is my biggest weapon and I sorta felt the serve is kinda lacking with this one. Biggest pet peeve is that the racquet feels like a 3/4 grip even though I use 5/8.
From: Jeffrey Lee, Houston Tx 02/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 60 lbs.

Comments: This is a great stick. I'm actually using MG RAD PRO, the YT Speed feels heavier but my one backhand and my serve improves a lot with the change. I think I need 2 more months of training to get the arm more strong and therefore this is a complete weapon for me on tournaments. Very stable, comfortable, and the control is great. The d30 thing is not joke! Give it a try. Give it time and then you'll love it.
From: Gaston, Buenos Aires, Argentina 01/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic pro 54lbs

Comments: I own 2 of this racquet and can't see ever switching away. I was using a Tecnifibre tfight 320, I haven't touched them since I picked this up. Try it out! I am a larger built guy at 5'10 with a 2 hander. The swingweight lends itself to a 2. Give it a shot
From: Jeff, Jacksonville, FL, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre black code-59/58

Comments: I love this racket nice power and control from the baseline and at the net. The light head weight is perfect for players with long strokes. I love everything about this racket. I demoed it today and fell in love. I am very glad I bought this racket.
From: Ian, Forney, Texas, United States 12/09
String type and tension: Gamma Poly Zo Black 58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: The main attribute to the racquet would have to be the maneuverability due to the thin frame. This frame is thinner than the Prestiges or radicals. It's one of the thinnest 100 sq in out there. The racquet maneuvers like a 98 or 95 sq in racquet but has the power and comfort of a 100 sq in. The open string patterns provides lots of comfort and power. Even though the frame is thin, it still has enough stiffness. It is a great racquet to try if you like 98-95 sq in frames because of their maneuverability but want more power.
From: Tim, WA 12/09
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro gold 16 (for this racquet)
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: I have been using a Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet MP for the last 2 years. Being a net rusher, I wasn't satisfied with its performance at the net because it was such a light racquet. I set out to find something better, and demoed the following 18 racquets: Babolat Aero Pro Drive w/ cortex, Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT, Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500 Tour, Gamma T- 7, Head Microgel Extreme Pro, Head Youtek Radical Pro and Midplus, Prince Exo3 Graphite Mid and 100, Prince Speedport Black and White MP, Prince Ozone Tour, Tecnifibre Tflash 315 VO2 Max and Speedflex, Wilson Kfactor K blade 98, Wilson Kobra Tour, and Yonex RDiS 300. The Youtek Speed MP 16x19 outperformed them all. From the baseline I had an ah-ha moment and I think this is important to have before switching to a new racquet. I completely disagree with those who say that this racquet has a small sweetspot. This racquet wasn't the best performer at net (the Prince Exo3 Graphite 100 and Youtek Radical Midplus were both better), but did have the best combined baseline and net performance. Had the Graphite 100 been 2-3 points more head light, that would have been my racquet, but it was too difficult for me to maneuver as is. The low swingweight of this racquet facilitated hitting a 1 handed back hand too. In my opinion, this is the perfect racquet if you're an all court player or serve and volleyer because it's easy to swing the racquet due to the low swingweight but has the weight (11.8oz strung) to return hard struck passing shots and balance (7.8pts HL) to get the racquet head in position. Also, if you're worried about the extra .2" of length, I suggest looking at a ruler and seeing how much of a difference that will make to you.
From: Nikhil B. 11/09

Comments: Perfect racquet. Wish I had 20 of them.

Comments: I agree most of the comments here about this racquet. I have it for about a year now and it hasn't been a bad choice. My serve got slightly better; yeah, it has small sweet spot - just like someone said, it is the feedback :). Personally, I like to have a little bigger sweet spot anyway. I really like the head light since the racquet doesn't seem to be that heavy compare to its weight. I tried the Nadal racquet which has around the same weight but fell much heavier. Overall, I think it is a fine racquet.
From: Chinh, San Jose, Ca. 11/09

Comments: Very nice!! It was time for a new racquet and I wanted to get away from the head heavy, light frame I was currently using. Went through the demo program trying multiple different combos of weight, balance, grip size, etc . . . Of all the ones I demo'd (didn't demo this racquet) I found the Yonex RQ iS 2 Tour favorable - but there were still areas of the racquet I wanted to change. I picked apart my game a little further, tweaking certain stat criteria I wanted and came up with this frame. It was kind of a gamble based on the big weight increase, but I gave it a shot. AWESOME!! POSITIVE: - 27.2" length - although not as noticeable as I expected, still a bonus. The thought is a longer arm will generate more power and since it is a highly head light racquet I could use the trade off. - 11.8oz weight - creates a very smooth, easy swing. the racquet feels very solid in hand, and doesn't hurt the arm at all. - 7.8pts HL - good compliment to the overall weight. If it wasn't for the heavy frame I wouldn't have gone this light, racquet is very maneuverable. It does require you to generate your own power, but you wont find many that go long and the control is beautiful - 100sq" headsize - no biggie, just gotta make sure you hit the center. String area seems wider, but shorter than other 100's - 63 stiffness - heard this frame was gonna vibrate a lot with off center hits but I find the exact opposite. I'm sure the 11.8oz weight help with damping. - Wilson NXT sting @ 59lbs - stung a little tighter than nominal, the focus being on control. I can generate power if needed, but didn't want to go too tight since many complained about vibration - again, nothing bad felt. Overall - great racquet, requires you to generate your own power, great control, solid feel, doesn't hit many long balls, serves well, easy to maneuver - great racquet.
From: Brendan, Allen Park, MI, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 59lbs

Comments: Bags of power in this frame from the back of the court. My serve seems heavier and volleying is a breeze. Due to its thin beam and head light balance I am able to generate good spin and great angles. Only downer however is the lack of feel so I have opted for a lower tension string to increase the string dwell time. Enjoy the stick it is a good purchase.
From: Rak, Leicester, UK 10/09
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger rough mains, excel downs51 lbs

Comments: I currently have a Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex, I'm wondering whether or not to get this racquet or the Radical Pro. I like the baseline and I have a moderate kick serve. The tennis clubs by me only have the Lite version. Any Suggestions?
From: J.R. Reilly, New York, NY 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16

Comments: I like this racquet because is quite light in the head so it is easy to move. It is great for flattening out and taking on the rise, you can get good spin. I like the new grip shape as it is more rounded and the thin beam hoop as it allows me to hit the ball at sharp angles. the weight in the handle gives me good plow threw and the light head gives me control but you really need to swing right through your ground strokes. I really like this racquet and will use it
From: Jake, Sydney, NSW, Australia 10/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Timo, 54
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: Since I took this stick first time, I can play with directly on a good level. Groundstrokes on forehand and backhand, volleys and especially overheads and serves are very easy to play. The racquet seems much lighter than it is (340g with overgrip). It seems lighter than my Wilson nblade (330 g). The handling of the head is phenomenal, so that you can produce a very strong spin to the ball, also due to the open string pattern. This is the key to get a good control in length. If you play solid groundstrokes with topspin and if you want to get a better serve, this racquet is a good choice.
From: Andre, Germany. 10/09
String type and tension:28 kg/28 kg
NTRP Rating: Average level

Comments: I love it. right now I'm hitting with the Fischer m comp 95 and then I demoed this stick at my home town country club and absolutely loved it. I loved it so much I rented it out to take with me for two of the biggest tourneys of the year for the tennis team. The one thing that stuck out the most was serve... my serve was unbelievable. So much better I used to have a hard time getting my first serve in and with that stick I got it in 87% of the time. And my second was better to since this stick gives off great spin. Its awesome on Volleys. Nice pop. Ground strokes lots of spin and there just flawless. And the youtek thing that is all about swing slower the racquet with have more flex to it and you will get more control and spin and that if you swing harder the racquet stiffens up and you can hit harder. Totally true it you are going for consistency. Swing slow and that's what you get. Want to hit hard and hit a winner or something. Swing fast and that's what you get. I can't explain how much I love this stick. I am saving up to get this stick asap. Love it. I am in the process of switching over to this stick. Highly highly highly recommend!!!
From: anon 10/09

Comments: A lot of reviewers have noted the vibration this racquet gives, but I think of it as feedback. If you miss the sweetspot you will know it, but then again you should! I was looking for a lighter racquet as I have been experiencing shoulder problems and I have found my stick. Excellent spin produces very heavy groundstrokes and great short angle shots. Serving is excellent with this racquet. Not as much pop at the net as my 12+ ounce racquet but enough to get the job done. I have not had any pain since switching to this racquet, so I guess the "harsh vibrations" aren't that bad or I'm hitting the sweetspot as you should.
From: Edman, Lindale, TX, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat PHT mains, Excel x's @ 60 lbs.

Comments: None of the comments say anything about the grip design? It is not the typical head rectangular design, but more like the Wilson, more rounded. just thought I'd throw that in there for those who don't like the rectangular shape of the typical head...
From: Robo, USA

Comments: This racquet is very surprising. It has a soft feel, but if you miss the sweet spot, you will know! The sweet spot is actually really small, but when you hit it, it feels as smooth and buttery than any racquet I have ever played with. It is a tad bit shaky on volleys, but from the baseline, you better hit the sweetspot and have your own power supply, or this is not for you. T.W.:When is a review coming out on this racquet? It is hands down better than the Speed Pro, so please review it!
From: J, Chicago, IL. 9/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power 57lbs

Comments: I absolutely love this stick. The feel is pretty soft, but it still has that good feel. I used the Head Extreme MP before I bought this one. At some areas they are very similar, but the YOUTEK has a better feel and have less of the spin/trampoline effect. I've had a lot of problems with my serve the last few months, but my serve is already better after I started to play with this one, even though I have some technical issues with my serve. my groundstrokes is the best part of my game, and the same day I started to play with this racquet, I could hit them as well as I could before with the Extreme, so the YOUTEK is very playable. overall a very good racquet and worth every penny.
From: Brett, Aalborg, Denmark, 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane, 28kg.
Headsize: 100 sq. inch.

Comments: Ok, here we go with my personal experience with this stick. One would assume that it would play pretty soft, when reading the stiffness rating. Well, it does! But only on touch shots...and not during hard strokes. When you swing out, it feels pretty darn stiff. If you are running with a full poly setup, probably even more stiff. I switched to the Tecnifibre Black Code and Bio. This setup provides the spin, touch, control and power I need to succeed. The racquet takes time to get used to. Do not base your experience on a DEMO with a crap string job. My initial touch and angle volleys were all a bit off. But the more time I took with the Youtek, the more dialed in I became with the stick. I was never WAY off...just a little off with everything for the first three or four hours of hitting. It really helps to hit with someone to get dialed in. If you simply warm up and play a match, your impression may be less that satisfactory. If you really want to give the stick a real trial run. Demo it and have the shop restring with Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17. They will give you a deal on the string because you are improving their demo racquet by adding a REAL string. In all honesty, I would estimate only 20% of players to get that WOW factor on the first impression. Most of us hit the WOW...at around the four hour mark. Cheers!
From: anon. Denver, CO 08/09

Comments: The YouTek Speed MP 16x19 rocks! Comments about this racket demanding extra strength are misguided. At one inch head light, the swing weight is still manageable even with the added 2/10 inch of length. You can swing away producing massive topspin, yet block back heavy serves due to 11.8 oz. weight. Its thin beam allows for excellent touch on soft shots and the D30 maintains stability and power for ripping winners. As far as being too stiff for some reviewers, try some softer strings or a hybrid. Even with stock Sonic Pro co-polyester strings, this stick is soft as butter compared to any popular Babolat racquet.
From: Jim, Montgomery, TX 08/09
String type and tension: Pacific X Force 17 (mains), Sensation 16 (crosses)

Comments: I bought this racket looking for something more arm friendly than my Wilson KSix-one Tour and with a tad more power. Big mistake, although the racket hits sweet and is powerful, it has a very small sweetspot. Even though the specs indicate that is flexible, I found it to be very stiff and hard on the arm. Off sweetspot shots will vibrate a lot through the arm even with a dampener in it and using multifilament soft strings. Plays a lot like the Ksix one, but harsher. Not for me.
From: Gtechy, Parkland, FL 08/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16, 58lbs

Comments: My 6.5 teaching pro told me this stick would help my serves and groundstroke pace, so this evening, in a match against our club's ball machine, I gave it a spin. He was correct. I did find my mis-hits generated noticeable vibration, but I also noticed most of them fell in play, as opposed to my Prince O3 Tour MS (95" head). Although others complain about the small sweet spot, the Head's is far more defined than on my old-faithful pair of Tours. With my full western grip I was hitting vicious topspin at far more pace than I've been able to generate with the low-power Prince. Topspin and pace is also available from the backhand. The YouTek was a little clumsy at first at the net, but my volleys had great pace and depth from both sides, and my control was far greater with all strokes. I didn't realize the racquet was slightly longer than standard, and that may have contributed to that initial issues. My greatest excitement came from my serves. My pro has taught me to hit a pinpoint serve, which has been effective for me in playing up over the summer; I held serve twice in a doubles set (after training)this summer playing with a 4.0 and against 2 of 4.0s, even though we lost the set. My greatest inconsistency in service has been in the pace of the serve. I was shocked as my third try at a first serve with the Head blasted a practice cone on the T high into the air. All my serves, both first and second, were dramatically stronger. And control, again, is a strength of the stick. I'm buying two YouTek Speed MPs this week. How's that for a recommendation?
From: David, Jacksonville, FL. 8/09
String type and tension: Demo, unknown
NTRP Rating:3.0

Comments: It took a little while to get used to this frame, coming from a Prince stick with a more dampened and forgiving feel. This stick is not tolerant of sloppy half strokes. It plays more like a player's category frame, demanding more from your technique. All that said, the rewards are definitely there. You get really solid feel and plow-through from the baseline with excellent depth on shots. Biting and heavy topspin is easily achieved off both sides, although I am having trouble dialing in my slice backhand, which is usually my bread and butter. The head-light balance feels great from midcourt forward and offers tremendous mobility. Volleys as well as pickup shots at the feet are easy due to the balance of the Youtek. Serving took just a little getting used to with the added length, but just a bit. Now serves are very heavy with great placement and control. Several have commented that you need to string toward the upper end, but for me it was the opposite. I found with a poly setup at 60lbs this frame was too stiff feeling for me. I took it down to 52 (full poly) and this seems like a perfect fit for me- no issues with control at all and with zero string movement. I had demoed many of the Head frames, but this one does so many things very well and feels so rock solid that I think it's a true winner for Head. I think this stick will catch on with the 3.5+ crowd very quickly. It's definitely worth a demo for either baseliners or all-courters.
From: Tom, Buffalo, NY 08/09
String type and tension: 54
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: I was looking forward to trying this racquet. I have been playing competitively for over 35 years and looking to replace my Prince Graphite 90's. The racquet has a nice light swingweight and you can easily generate topspin on both sides. The serve and volleys are adequate. The downside is that the racquet is very stiff and on off center hits the intense vibration caused mild numbness in my hand. Not the racquet for me.
From: Lance, Woodstock, Ga, USA
String type and tension: head syn gut 57

Comments: Nice weight distribution and feels good to handle but a bit too stiff for me. Reasonable power and ability to hit quick topspin with good angles (nice thin beam) but the harshness took away the feel for drop shots and accurate lobs, so I kept resorting to just one style of play. The sweetspot isn't that great for the size of the head and there's a drop-off in power outside of it with some lack of overall stability. Good bite on serves. Probably best for aggressive baseline play but watch the elbow!
From: MCN, UK. 08/09

Comments: I have demoed a few other rackets (Head & Wilson) and I am very impressed with the Youtek 16x19. It only took three hits until I was sold. The swing is so smooth it makes it easy to place the ball where I want. I would highly recommend trying this racket before making a purchase. There is a reason why this racket costs a few more bucks than the others.
From: Danny, Montreal, Canada 08/09
String type and tension: Topspin 57lbs

Comments: I switched from KPro Open to this stick and I regretted like crazy for buying the KPro Open in the first place!
From: Hoyoung, Irvine, CA, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro, 59 and 61

Comments: Too heavy for me. Volleys are great, serves are acceptable. Would suit to players who have strong arms. Personally I would go for the radical MP version as easier to generate racket head speed.
From: Arip, Brisbane, Australia, 07/09
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: In the beginning, it will give you a boost in both your serve and volleys... Your groundstrokes may suffer for a short period, but if you keep playing with it, you will soon be back to your normal self! GREAT BUY!
From: Matt Minick, Texas 07/09
String type and tension: Babolat hybrid 17

Comments: Took a while to adjust switching from a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick: kind of unforgiving on off center hits, smaller than expected sweetspot from a 100 sq in head, and extra length was an issue for those used to standard 27 inches racquets, so if you are disappointed from an initial demo experience, stick with it and give this racquet another try. Once you are hitting clean, this stick is a serious weapon. I'm getting heavy, biting topspin on the forehand (16x19 string pattern) and wicked penetrating slice on the backhand. Once you get used to the extra length, serves have plenty of pop as well. I agree control can be an issue if your strings lose too much tension. The thin beam construction makes the racquet feel less bulky and more maneuverable, a plus up at the net. Volleys were solid and crisp. Overall, the best racquet I have ever played with and should benefit a wide range of players with all court games.
From: Jimmy, Philadelphia, PA, USA. 7/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough/Wilson K Gut Hybid 58 lbs.
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: Even though the demo I used was strung with Sonic Pro, which I don't like at all, I could tell this was still a really nice racquet. Extremely comfortable (and I have a tendency toward tennis elbow), and I found this racquet to be very forgiving, had a lot of power AND control. I enjoyed it especially on groundstrokes from the baseline and for serving. Was a little less maneuverable at the net, but would not detour me from buying one.
From: Seralee, Northeast USA 07/09

Comments: I absolutely LOVE this racquet!! It's just incredible how it fits my style of play. Left handed, extreme western forehand with tons of spin, and deep slice backhand shots. This racquet did everything I asked for it and it was almost impossible to hit a bad shot with it. It was just that good, I'm coming from a LiquidMetal Radical OS and the weight felt about the same, it only feels stiff at the end of my swing, which is great, this is exactly what I need as it'll prevent me from having tennis elbow issues. Serves were harder, I noticed I could put more spin on the ball and the slices were very low as well. One thing I did notice for sure was that I needed to put more power to my shots than before, that's not a problem as I always generate my own power. This racquet gives me what I need the most, which is control. Just PERFECT.
From: Diego, Pittsburgh, PA, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Gosen Polylon Ice 17 - 60lbs (my previous LM radical had the same setup).
Headsize: 100sq

Comments: Incredible racquet! Perfect creation from HEAD. Not heavy but not light either; perfect balance. Superb control, with fast swing perfect power shots, and at the net awesome soft touch shots. Great for serves and very good from the baseline. This is definitely a winner.
From: Anthony, MI, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Luxilon M2 Pro 16L 56lbs.

Comments: I love this racquet. Very very stable, maneuverable, comfortable 10+ !
From: Pantelimon, Iasi, Romania. 6/09
String type and tension: Head Sonic pro

Comments: I am actually not that great a player, just beginning to play more seriously and regularly. I demoed maybe 20 racquets, and this one - well, without any effort or having to think about it, I suddenly found myself finishing every forehand over my shoulder as I should. It was just really easy for me to have a full swing with this racquet, while with others I had to constantly think about it. I was worried that power would be an issue, because I am not very strong and this racquet is classified as low power. BUT, with its relatively forgiving sweet spot, I find myself getting balls just as deep and perhaps with even more power than with other racquets, like the prince speedport red which is much more powerful. I think because this racquet is just so much easier to swing faster and longer. After demoing it for a while, I had to think about shortening my swing when going back to demo more powerful racquets. I would definitely recommend it as a demo even for less advanced players. I am looking forward to seeing my game improve with it!
From: Natalie, 06/09

Comments: Love this racket I'm 12 years old and I love this stick. Very stable but the vibration is not good but volleys are really good too. My serve is so much better, highly recommend.
From: Matt, MO, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: 60 pounds
Headsize: Babolat pro hurricane
NTRP Rating: junior

Comments: Felt great from the first hit. Stable, comfortable, maneuverable, and powerful. Don't let the thin beam and player-frame specs fool you. It swings light and easy, and has plenty of power and pop regardless of your level. Open stringbed is lively and has tons of bite. Control could be an issue with big swings or lower tensions. I would recommend a mid- upper tension range and/or experimenting with firmer string types or hybrids. Multifilaments probably aren't the best choice for this lively frame due to control and durability reasons. The frame is slightly longer (.2") than a standard 27" frame, but it's not noticeable. All-around great racquet and specs.
From: Andrew, Edina, MN, USA, 06/09

Comments: Great racquet! Good feel and control on groundies. Excellent spin with the 16 x 19 pattern. Nice power on serves. Easy to swing with confidence. Getting older, this racquet's weight and swing speed fit me perfectly. I highly recommend.
From: MCR, MA, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Sonic pro

Comments: Swings very light and fast. Good spin and pace are easy to generate because of the pop from the racquet and racquet head speed. I noticed that off center shots are a bit unstable. This racquet could benefit from a little added weight. Serves had good pace and volleys were easy to place with depth. A good racquet, just a little too light.
From: Tim, Boise, ID, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Head sonic 16g mid range

Comments: I played with the Head Flexpoint Radical Tour and I had a lot of control from the baseline but I had problems with my serve and volleys. I needed a racquet with more power for my service and more control with my volleys and the Head Speed MP 16/19 offers everything. I bought this racket based on specifications and limited reviews, but everything is great. I hit a lot of aces, a lot of power with baseline shots and find control with my volleys and slices. My one-handed backhand is no problem, although I saw some reviews mentioning that this was difficult. A great racquet!
From: Dennis