Comments: Following up on my previous review, I removed the leather grip and replaced it with a Babolat skin grip. It made such a huge difference, much to my surprise. Gone is the heavy club feel of the racquet, and now it's a lot quicker, and the racquet head speed is greatly improved, making the frame more maneuverable. Swingweight is no longer an issue, and I can hit out with heavy spin and plow through with such ease on both sides. I've always been an all-court counter puncher but this frame definitely makes me an all out aggressive player, which I love. Touch shots are also amazing with the frame. I paint so many lines with my topspin lobs it's crazy. It's a player's frame version of the Babolat APDGT, with better feel and much more plow through. I think if this frame had been sold with a thin, lighter synthetic grip as opposed to the leather, it would have raving reviews and been a much much more popular effort from Head.
From: Nik, 8/12

Comments: I've always used smaller Wilson frames: PS85, N90, K90, BLX90, BLXPS90. I hit with a friend who had this frame and was impressed by what a heavy ball he was hitting. I tried it out, demoed it and then bought 2 from TW. It kind of reminds me of the old Dunlop Max 200G because of the balance. Almost head heavy or even balanced, it feels like you have a club in your hand. Takes a while to get used to, especially on volleys, but man can you crush the ball and also hit with ridiculous spin. It's a heavy player's frame with plow through and spin. A very unique racquet. Touch and feel are nice although you do get a bit of vibration outside of the sweet spot. Especially higher up in the string bed. Great stick for bashing forehands. Piercing aggressive slices were better with my k90, but this stick does an adequate job. It has definitely made my topspin one hand backhands better. I think I should have gotten a smaller grip size, as this beam is thicker than my k90. The 4 3/8 on the frame feels like a 4 1/2. It's only been two weeks, but so far so good. I do miss the feel of my k90's (I feel that frame feels so much like a wood racquet, I love it), but i'm trying once again to make the switch to a larger headed frame. Stay tuned.
From: Nik, 7/12
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone @ 48 lbs

Comments: Great racquet for all aspects of the game, great for a well rounded player. It's swing weight allows for effortless extension and you can really feel the ball being "plowed through". I even added about 20g of lead to it right above the handle and at 3'9' to make it more head light so that there is more maneuverability on the serve and volleys while still feeling the swingweight. My only problem with this racquet is that it vibrates a ton. Some of this is because of a loose buttcap but overall it just vibrates a lot. Secondly, the quality control isn't the best. I have 3 of these racquets all of the same grip size, but one of them has a noticeably smaller grip. All things considered, this racquet isn't for everyone. It has a very personal feel to it. Be sure to demo it though because you might be missing out on the "players stick" that matches your game perfectly.
From: Jared, 6/12

Comments: Actually this racquet is a little bit light for me due to it has only 11.6 oz. strung. However, it is still nice. I have customized it by adding gamma lead tape on the beam and the bottom under its butt cap. I personally prefer 7 to 9 head light style. Also I got rid of its original leather grip, and put a new cushioned replacement grip. Now, it seems perfect.
From: Xiang Isaac

Comments: I've never been a religious person, but I think hitting with this racket brought me closer to some divine being. Seriously, that was the best I have ever played, EVER. I felt like I couldn't miss, and the balls I hit felt so heavy coming off the racket- tons of power and spin without sailing long. I'm a fairly hard-hitting, topspin-heavy baseliner, and this racket is perfect for me. I'm not a super strong guy, but I'm 23 and in good shape, so make sure you are strong enough to wield this thing as its swing weight could be a little much for some. I'm buying one this week.

Comments: I have had this racquet for a few months now. I switched from the Babolat Pure Drive to this, I instantly fell in love with the amount of control I have with all of my shots. The only bad thing is this racquet doesn't help me out as much when I am in trouble like the Pure Drive does. Overall, this racquet is amazing. I'm still learning and this racquet is growing with me. There are lots of different types of games you can play with this racquet depending on your opponent. Radical is a racquet you can count on always!
From: Shujaa, 10/11

Comments: This is a very nice racquet. Probably the only one around in this weight class that gives so much of swingweight. The only drawback if any is it felt comparatively less maneuverable (which is expected at just 2 points Head Light thus also giving a pro level swingweight)in an extremely quick net exchange, especially in doubles. But I think it is still manageable. Sometimes I have issues with low slices but that just could be me. All in all, a great stick and at 11.6 strung and 58 on RDC it gives you so much room to customize without making it overly heavy beside being arm friendly on stock specs anyway.
From: PK, 7/11

Comments: This is wonderful racquet for an advanced player. I love this stick because it delivers heavier ground stroke to deep baseline as well as crisp feeling of volley in the net. For serves, it is better than the Babolat AeroPro drive GT. Though Babolat generates more spin on serve and maneuverable, it is lack of power and control. After using this stick, my serve became more powerful and lands on the service line. I strongly recommend this racquet to advanced players who are looking for more power in on their groundstrokes and serve.
From: B, 7/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu power 58lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet for someone with an all court game. It's excellent on slice, flattening out your shots, topspin, and great pop with great consistency on serves. This is a very nicely balanced stick right off the shelf. It's very maneuverable as well to hit comfortably throughout a lengthy match or hitting session. If you're looking for a near balanced stick that can do it all, it's worth a demo.
From: Richard
String type and tension: RPM Blast 17

Comments:Great racquet for someone with an all court game. Excellent on slice, flattening out your shots, topspin, and great pop with great consistency on serves. A very nicely balanced stick right off the shelf. Very maneuverable as well to hit comfortably throughout a lengthy match or hitting session. If your looking for a near balanced stick that can do it all, it's worth a demo.
From: Richard, 7/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast 17

Comments: I first started with the Radical racquet with the Microgel version, since I've never wanted to change racquets. I tested out the Youtek version and just fell in love with the Radical even more. A good player's stick although a tad hard to maneuver but excellent plow though and swingweight. The open string pattern makes a noticeable difference compared to the other Radicals.
From: Manuel, Laredo, Texas, US, 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17G

Comments: Just switched to this racquet from the Head Youtek Speed IG Speed 16x19 (which was killing my arm) and I love it. Great plow through, power and control. For me, this racquet really excels on the serve, slice backhand and at the net. I think this one is a must try for intermediate to advanced players, especially those with arm troubles.
From: Jim. 7/11
String type and tension: Poly @ 60 lbs.

Comments: Demoed this as a direct comparison to the Wilson BLX Tour Limited(check out my rating there). First off, I love the feel of Youtek Radicals. My racquet is a Youtek Radical MP leaded up to the same specs as the pro. The feel is a solid, not hollow response, with a great balance of stiffness and flex. Power and spin are both great with the Pro. Stability and plow-through were good, but not great. Maneuverability was a bit lacking, but nothing so bad. The one problem with this stick is control. I felt a little inconsistent with this, at both the baseline and at net. Off- center shots tended to spray more than usually expected. Overall, a great stick, with good comfort, power and spin, but I think I'll stick to my Radical MP for the extra control I'm getting.
From: Ben. 5/11
String type and tension: Head FXP 16 @ 57lbs

Comments: In my opinion this is a very special racquet. I have been playing with it for one year and for some periods I love it and others I see it too exigent (in these periods I return to my Babolat AerPro Drive GT).
If you are in good shape and you are able to move this high swing weight, you can obtain fantastic power with exceptional control. Very solid from the baseline, easy to obtain good depth and power with the groundstrokes and with the excellent control and touch a racquet with a thin beam delivers. The YouTek technology seems to work because when hitting hard the racquet seems to turn to be a much stiffer one.
But if you're arm gets tired, or simply you are not well positioned to hit the ball or you don't have confidence in your game, suddenly this racquet becomes hard to play and it is more difficult to swing it properly and it seems heavier.
It is a good improvement for the racquet to replace the leather grip with another one softer, equal thin but lighter (for example, Babolat Skin Feel). With this change the racquet becomes almost 10 gr lighter and it is easier to handle in your hand.
Positive: when you play with this racquet you always experience good sensations. When you are able to play well with it (the days you love it), this racquet delivers more power in comparison with other player's racquet, but without sacrificing control, so these days it is the PERFECT racquet. But sometimes, I don't know why, the racquet seems to be extremely exigent (weight, sweetspot, maneuverability), even more than some other player's racquets in the market.
I recommend this racquet, but you need to get used to it because it is a very special one and you need to be in good technical and physical shape. With this racquet, in the "good periods", I have experimented my best tennis sensations ever, and I have tested many racquets (Babolat, Prince, Head, Wilson, Volkl).
From: Juan, Madrid, Spain, 03/11
String type and tension: Multifilament, 24 kg
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: This racquet with this string did not have the greatest feel. TW, can you guys put up a video review of this racket?
From: Raj, Hoover, AL, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut
(Raj, check out our Review here, and click on the video link.--TW Staff)

Comments: Initially I hated this racket and went and bought a couple of Youtek Prestige mids, but after cracking both of the Prestiges I went back to these and WOW I love these! If you prepare well in advanced and have a long neat swing you shall get amazing power and plow through the ball. Where this racket excels is the serve and the volleys, nice amount of pace along with good spin. Recommended if you have the bulk to wield it and are good with your feet. Anon. 01/11
From: String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 18, 58lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inch
NTRP Rating: nationally ranked Junior

Comments: I have used this racquet for quite a while now and love it. The power and precision from the baseline is quite impressive, but what appealed to me (a serve & volley player) was its capabilities around the net and how solid volleys feel. This definitely suits a player who wishes to be aggressive.
From: Nicolas Hanley, Edina, Minnesota, USA. 10/11
String type and tension: Head RIP Control 16 1.30mm, 56lbs
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: This racquet is fantastic for power, serve, and control. I use ALU Power Luxilon string and I'm very satisfied with this combination. Before I played with Tecnifibre TFight 320, TFlash 315, and Babolat Aero Pro racquet and Black Code, Red Code and Hurricane Pro string. And for me, Head Radical Pro is a better racquet from the others. First time I don't agree with TW testers.
From: Alex, Belgrade, Srbija, 09/10
String type and tension: Luxion ALU power
NTRP Rating:4

Comments: I switched from K-factor 90 to this racket. After modifying the handle with the speed pro pallets its a perfect racket. You can play aggressive and hard and you can play defensive with a lot of feel. The racket has a lot of the good stuff; Plow through, crisp feeling and it's very stabile, but the weight gives you the possibility to take short swings also. Take your time to get to know it and you got a perfect weapon. The tw-review is way off.
From: Bo, Denmark, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane, Wilson sensation 27.5 kg

Comments: This racquet is a real sleeper especially after demoing over 10 common player's sticks. For the 1st time I actually disagree with TW review and I think it deserves much higher scores especially on groundies, feel and spin. Although, I thought of switching initially due to its higher SW than I am used to, I stayed with it and I'm sure glad I did. It made me prepare earlier and when I did the plow through, power and spin is unsurpassed. I think this stick also makes racket head speed less important believe it or not since even when I'm a little late, I can still hammer shots in. Despite it's maneuverability volleys are so easy with this stick. The only thing that takes some adjustment is the serve but when you get the motion down, it is pretty sick as well.
From: DL, Providence, RI, USA. 07/10

Comments: FANTASTIC racquet! bought YOUTEK Radical mp and then tried this frame and every shot from groundstrokes and volleys have so much extra pace and spin without being reckless. I just bought two and am playing so much better :)
From: James, Melbourne, Australia. 6/10
String type and tension: Gamma zo twist 16, 58lbs

Comments: This racquet is perfect in my opinion as I have large strokes and I need a "control" racquet therefore I found this racquet to be perfect. As I used to play with Head Flexpoint Radical Tour and I loved it as well, then they came out with the Microgel right before the Youtek. And I hated it I don't what HEAD was thinking when they mad it. Well I decided to give HEAD another chance so I bought the Head Youtek Radical Pro. The racquet was FANTASTIC! It had control and just the right swing weight even higher then the Flexpoint making it easier to produce higher power shots with control. Then for the string I first got Wilson syn. gut. extreme 16g as it was a free string. And I hated it in full poly so I decided to go for my favorite string Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g. So I did and now the racquet is just too perfect as it has a ton of control and power. In conclusion a great racquet for me. The racquet came with a racquet cover and it comes with a head logo dampener.
From: Tom, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16G 62lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-.5

Comments: Pretty decent racquet. Although it lacks some 'op, it suits my game as a control-based player. Slicing using this frame was flawless. I tried it quite a few times I think I'm gonna stick to this one.
From: Taylor, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 6/10
String type and tension: Mains: Babolat Revenge 17 @ 57lbs Crosses: Prince Topspin 15L @ 60lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: At first wasn't too sure about this racket, switching from the Pure Drive this racquet just didn't have as much power or spin. However, after a few months of use I have now put my set of pure drives on sale. This racquet has improved my backhand tremendously and work great on volleys if you can handle the weight. Serve returns are a breeze with this racquet when every shot seems so stable due to the weight of the frame and the distribution. Serves were a little weaker than the PD in both power and spin but it was worth it since my arm was about to give up on the pure drive (the reason I switched to begin with). This is a control racquet definitely not what you want to use if you plan on winning your points briefly with big groundstrokes. Lastly I want to note the quality control of these racquets. Something about them is not right I now have 3 of them and honestly one of them is not like the others. It's grip is a little smaller and there is a notable difference in the sound that the frame makes when struck at certain points, probably due to a defect. Whether this affects the playing, I cannot tell. 4.5-5.0 player
From: Anon, New York, Usa. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane pro tour 17 58lbs

Comments: Not a big fan of head, but this racquet was very good. It has a very solid feel and playability. Good spin and control, but horrible paint job.
From: Jay. 05/10

Comments: Wow!!!!!! This racquet has blown me away. Brilliant feel, control, power and touch. This d30 stuff is a technology that actually works without being extremely subtle. Buy it!!
From: Joel, Sheffield, England, 4/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU power rough, 56lbs
LTA Rating: 5.1

Comments: Such a powerful racquet that gives great racquet head speed. The 2 points headlight makes the racquet seem stiffer compared to racquets around 5-7 hl. But when hitting with this weapon, I was able to put so much more pace on the ball. With other racquets you have to put that extra "umph" onto the ball, but with this, great swing speed and perfect contact will make this racquet a weapon. Many people say it is too heavy and stiff, but please give it a chance if you are looking for more depth and heavier shots. The serves make the ball kick tremendously, the volleys are solid, and the groundstrokes are superior. THIS RACQUET CAN DO IT ALL!
String type and tension: 55

Comments: High swingweight equals great plow through. Re-direct pace, or create your own. The d30 is the first new "technology" that I've ever felt that's not extremely subtle. It works. Hit it hard, and it's like a hammer, but hit more feel type shots and it flexes like a players frame. Plenty of spin potential, tons of stability. String it right, and control is awesome. Take as big of a cut at the ball as you want, or short swing it and use the pace given. It all works. Control can be an issue because of the weight, but the right string and tension can give plenty of topspin and control. Can be a bit bulky at net, but only at first. Slice is sick, too. I'm originally a Pro Staff 85 guy, and have been through tons of new frames, and I've finally found "the one". Love it.
From: Danny, Jonesboro, AR, USA, 03/10
String type and tension: Full Poly (cyberflash or isospeed) 59lbs

Comments: For control and power you need this stick. It has it all! It also offers one of the biggest sweet spots of all the racquets I've demoed. Because of this most of my shots are very good and accurate, it truly is a great racquet for control and power. You need to take full swings at the ball and don't be afraid to hit it hard. The harder you hit the better this racquet performs that's what d3o is all about. This is very important to understand when buying this racquet. I love it! I just bought one and I am going to buy two more!
From: Max, CA. 3/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid: Hurricane tour /gut 59lbs.

Comments: This is by far the best racquet I have played with. It has improved my game in all areas.
From: Alan, Alabama, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough 57 lbs.

Comments: This is the most control I've ever had! The serve is better than ever. My backhand is better than ever! If you take full strong swings you will love this racquet. The weight is perfect for stability and plow through unlike the other Head racquets. The tennis warehouse review is way off.. this racquet does everything to the ten! I've tried them all..I've spent thousands of dollars on racquets trying to find the one! This is it..but give it a chance you need a strong ARM. I had tennis warehouse modify it to be 8 points headlight and now it's perfect!
From: Erwin, IL 02/10
String type and tension: 58lbs. Luxilon Alu Power

Comments: This stick is ridiculous. If you know how to really rip a tennis ball this racquet makes controlling the ball much easier. Even when you don't want to rip the ball , with the heavy swing-weight, you find yourself getting some good pace on the ball. The serve takes a little bit to get used to because of the weight (only 11.1 unstrung but because its only 2 pts hl, it feels a lot heavier) but once you figure it out, its amazing. Great stick for those who want to rip the ball and control it.
From: Turin, Jacksonville, FL 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane, Hyrbid, 59 lbs

Comments: This is a pro model. Most people can not handle the high swingweight of this racquet so they make excuses. The Microgel did not have the high swingweight, which is what makes this racquet a complete beast - IF you can swing well and control it. It is under 12ozs and the SW is significantly high..Most pros use a SW above 350. This is one of the highest stock SW racquets you can get and they give you room to add MORE. It's a great racquet by Head and one of the best I have ever hit with.
From: Chris, Jax, FL 12/09
String type and tension: 54#s poly

Comments: Not even close to the solid, heavy frame the Microgel version was. I don't care what the specs say -- this isn't a "pro" model. It's static weight is nearly 1 oz less than the Microgel Rad Pro, and it has a more plasticy, hollow feel. If such a thing existed, it should be called a Youtek Radical Pro "Team" -- that's exactly how it feels. It still retains the feel of the head-heavy frame this model is known for and it's not a dead stick, but just lacks the character and punch the Microgel had.
From: John, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 11/09

Comments: Anyway I have played with Wilson K Six one tour and 95 but found they offered more control but less power but with this racquet you get control and power. I would recommend to go for Natural Gut with this one.
From: Nakh, UK. 11/09
String type and tension: Wilson Natural Gut

Comments: I have used the Microgel Radical Pro for 2-3 years. I bought this racquet because the Microgel Radical Pro has been discontinued. Head, what are you thinking? I found the Youtek to have good feel when taking a large cut at the ball. Very solid volley and touch at the net. I'm probably best classified as a baseliner. I found my groundstrokes were less reliable with this racquet; I believe the cause is less racquet head speed due to higher swing weight. This is just a tad bit too much racquet for me. A significant problems with head racquets continues to be the flimsy head guard grommet strip. I'm concerned with ability to keep getting grommet replacements for discontinued microgel pro.
From: Royce, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Main: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Spin 62 lbs., Cross: Babolat Xcel Premium - 60 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq in.

Comments: I demoed this racquet and it is very, very solid but for my it seemed very stiff. I felt like it was around 65-68 range in stiffness. This racquet was absolutely sweet on the backhand side (one handed) but I could never get in a groove with the forehand. For now I will stay with my Pure Storm Tour (not GT).
From: Rick, CA 10/09

Comments: The pro is a amazing stick I found it brilliant from the net very solid hitting with more control on rallying shots and more power on winners.
From: Archie, Boston 10/09
String type and tension: 58

Comments: Amazing stick! I upgraded to a YOUTEK RADICAL MIDPLUS from my 10 y.o. Radical Ti Midplus and I am completely AMAZED ! Very SOLID/STABLE at the net. Groundshots are definitely deeper and have more spin. Will buy another one and string @ 56 lbs to find the ideal tension for me.
From: Andre K., Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation NXT @ 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet is amazing and has it all. Switching to it from Babolat PST and looking for something lighter with added spin. Plow through, control and pop when needed and old school feel as well. I usually do not buy into the whole tech of youtek but it does seem to work with this frame. It has a soft feel and yet hardens up when you really whip it. I agree with others that serving is the only thing that takes some adjusting to but it is worth it. Other main problem is the grip shape that takes some getting used to and also runs larger than other manufacturers.
From: David, Boston, MA, USA. 09/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 at 58

Comments: The racquet I used before this one was the Yonex RDS 002 Tour. Although it was a great racquet, I wasn't able to handle the weight. Then I found this racquet, which is just as good if not better than the Yonex, not to mention lighter!! Groundstrokes are amazing with easy access to spin. You can even flatten it out easily. Volleys are amazing, as well as the feel. I had more feel with this racquet. Earlier comments have said that serving was the toughest thing to get the hang of, but not the case for me. I go more for spin, placement/accuracy serves more so than power flat serves. Serving was amazing with this racquet. I haven't kicked or sliced this well EVER. As for the d30 thing, it feels like its the real thing. The racquet feels much stiffer when taking big cuts and more flexible when not. Just a lot of control with this racquet.
From: Raljay, Riverside, CA, U.S.A. 09/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 17 60lbs.

Comments: Excellent. I made the transition to this racquet from my Flexpoint Radical Tours seamlessly. Great power, control and accurate placement.
From: Nick, N.Y. 09/09
Poly Plasma Pro 16L Hextreme 57 lbs. (outlives Luxilon and has better feel. The hexagonal polymer is great in a wide string pattern).
Headsize 100
Rating 4.5+

Comments: I demoed the Youtek and I personally thought it was rock solid no matter how hard the shots I received were. I did have a some trouble generating the amount of pace as with my Wilson k-blade 98, I did however notice that while my ball wasn't faster, my friends' racquets tended to torque a lot more than usual when receiving shots from me. I found that I got some extra heaviness to my flat first serve and topspin or slice second serve. Volleys were so easy with this racquet and had no trouble handling any shots at the net. Overall this racquet for me cut some of my ball speed, but added some extra spin to my shots, however, the real value of this racquet is its comfort, stability, and the real weight/heaviness it adds to the ball And seeing as I am a pretty flat hitter this did wonders for me when playing against and controlling those heavy topspin shots.
From: MR, VA, USA 09/09
NTRP Rating:3.5-4.0

Comments: Got my Pro on Fri and played 3 hours on Sat with a 4.5 friend. Feels awesome. Came from Volkl Cat 8, was looking for a heavier racket with more counter hit ability and more stability at the net. Another option was Volkl DNX 9, but I think I found what I need. Only surprise was that there is no 1/8 grip size available for the PRO.
From: S, ATL, GA, USA 9/09
String type and tension: 17g @55lb

Comments: Excellent racquet. Nicely weighted. More racquets should have a weight and balance around the range of his frame - medium heavy static weight with more even balance. Incredibly versatile on all shots. Can really do it all. Great plow through. Can handle hitting against moonballers or heavy hitters equally well. Can summon spin easily. Great power. Great control. Great touch. Wicked on serves - wonderful control, power and spin. Feels easy on the arm as well. Has all the benefits of a 12+ oz. control oriented players' frame but just light enough that the racquet itself won't tire you out after swinging it over the course of several hours. Overall grade an A+.
From: Julien, Morris County, NJ, United States 09/09

Comments: I demoed a lot of racquets before I settled on this. I loved it as soon as I started using it. Even though this has a lower static weight than my MGP Pro, I felt that the YT Rad Pro was able get great plow through on my groundstrokes and has a little more pop than my MGP Pro (although that may be due a little to the string set up). I hit with a lot of topspin and this racquet really enhances that aspect of my game. I get tons of spin on my hooks and slices and am really able to drop the ball in on angles with the great topspin. I can play well with the YT Rad MP, but don't get as much spin as I do with this racquet. Volleys were great and felt very solid. At first serves were a little difficult, as I am used to a more headlight racquet (6-8 pts.), so I added some lead to the handle to bring the balance to 4 pts and my serves are great. Flat serves have a lot of power and I get a wicked kick on my second serves.
From: RJ, 08/09

Comments: Great for heavy groundstrokes. Very open string pattern allows excessive topspin and easy slices. Low static weight makes for good maneuverability and high swingweight makes for great plow through. Problem is serving for both MG Rad Pro and Youtek Rad Pro but more so for this model. Tough to get pace and spin on serves. Flat serves are okay but tough to generate penetrating slice or kick serves-they have great spin but lack heaviness.
From: John, Ohio 08/09
String type and tension: Intellitour at 58

Comments: My previous racquet was a Dunlop 300g. so in comparison, this swings more heavy. It has VERY nice touch with volleys (feels very fulfilling) and very nice ground strokes. I don't know that the d3o thing is placebo or not, but it felt stiffer when hitting hard groundstokes compared to nimble volleys. Need to also adjust timing due to heavy swings. One thing to note, I think this racquet is a little unforgiving, if you cannot constantly hit the sweet spot - thus for more advanced players.
From: Matthew, Singapore 08/09
String type and tension: M: babolat hurricane tour 17 (57) C: babolat conquest 16 (56)

Comments: I have switched to this racket from a Wilson n-code 95 18x16 modified with lead tape on the hoop and in the throat. I find the radical very stable for its stock weight, and it has a great swing profile. I'm able to plow through the ball with swinging confidence on both forehands and backhands. Plenty of access to spin when necessary, and backhand slices are hit with plenty of ball bite. The racket is very comfortable, with just the right amount of flex for me. I've not served too much with it yet, but early indications are solid and again with access to spin when necessary. Overall, I'm very pleased with this stick!

Comments: I loved this racquet. It has it all: good weight/balance, comfort, spin friendly, power, plushness, etc. A+
From: Michael, Dallas, Texas, USA 07/09

Comments: DISAPPOINTED! Compared to my Microgel Prestige Pro, this racquet didn�t�t have much response, crispness or pop. It felt "sluggish" with - in my opinion - too much flex on off-center hits. Completely different from the Microgel Radical Pro (which is a fantastic racquet) or the MPP I own (a much more solid and versatile performer). I'll stick with my Microgels, which feel great compared to this mushy feeling stick. Who was this racquet designed for and where does it fit in the Headline? I don't get it.
From: Mark, Southern CA, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut @ 57 lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: Had previously used the Liquid Metal version MP with good results but switched to Wilson K Pro looking for a heavier racquet. However, I never felt quite comfortable and tried this new Radical version with great results. Very solid and reliable on heavy hitting rallies. Impressed with being able to hit deep shots on the run in defensive positions. Easy to serve with and strong at the net. Overall very comfortable racquet with good feel and great control.
From: Martin, New York 07/09
String type and tension: Synthetic gut Wilson Reaction 16'
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: This racket was ok. It didn't have much response, crispness or pop. It felt mute and like a board. Completely different from the Microgel radical pro. I'll stick with my Microgels, which feel great compared to this dead feeling stick.
From: Rob, Sacramento, CA, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Topspin cyberflash/Gosen og micro 60 lbs

Comments: The YT Rad Pro plays very solid. The plow through on groundstrokes is solid, especially hitting a two-hand backhand. Volleys are INCREDIBLE!!! Don't know if the d30 really works or what but the flex and feel of volleys is perfect for me. It feels a little underpowered on serves but makes up for the lack of power with control on the serve. The balance is good even sans lead. The swingweight does not feel heavy, as the specs may suggest. The frame is balanced well and plays stiff with just the right amount of flex.
From: JT, Nashville, TN 07/09
String type and tension:Black Magic 16/Gamma Syn 16 @ 58/62

Comments: I found the racquet to have a very solid in feel with good spin. I played the previous flexpoint radical tour and find the YOUTEK a little softer feeling on touch shots but with the same solid feel and good access to spin when you hit through the ball. Overall an improvement but still retains the radical playability and familiar feel. I think it has a better proportion for a mid plus racquet. I like to hit with a lot of top spin but mix in softer slices and drop shots and found the YOUTEK excellent for feel on the softer touch shots. If you like the radical series and the extra weight of the PRO this is a winner. I do have some concern with the design of the string guard on the top of the racquet in that it has little protection from having the strings hit if you contact the ground with the head of the racquet.
From: Derrick, St. John's NL Canada
String type and tension: Babolat natural gut(crosses) and Luxilon big banger ALU ( Mains) 60and
55lbs respectively

Comments: The second I started hitting with this racquet, it was absolutely amazing! Ground strokes were absolutely solid, easy to produce spin, depth and power. Serves took awhile to get used too, but I would still rate it above average. This racquet makes tennis sooo easy and effortless. Definitely getting a pair of these to replace my earlier radicals.
From: Hubert, San Francisco, California, US 06/09
String type and tension: x, 56

Comments: Just got done hitting with YOUTEK Radical Pro for over an hour. Very precise racquet. The ball goes where you want it to go. A lot of shots that I thought were going long just dropped in. Very good spin access with a lot of pop. The sweetspot is smaller than MG Radical Pro. I have not hit my serve this well for a long time. Tried the speed pro over the weekend and I much prefer this stick. I play 4-5 times a week about 2 hours each time.
From: David, Plainview, NY 06/09
String type and tension: HEAD Sonic Pro 55lbs

Comments:I felt that the weight was too evenly distributed for my liking, but provided very good groundstrokes and volleys. Serves were a bit more difficult for me. I recommend the speedpro over this racquet.
From: Matt, MA, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro

Comments: My friend got this racket and was using it around May, because he owns a store and got it very early. When he let me try it I found there was exceptional feel and flex similar to the flex point, but I preferred the Liquid Metal Extreme over it. This racket has a very long throat, which I found annoying and different.
From: E, NY, USA, 06/09