Comments: I wanted an arm-friendly tennis racket (i.e. higher weight, 27" length, head-light, not stiff, oversize, etc). The YouTek OS seemed to be the best one. With Head Fibergel 16 gauge at 57 pounds, it wasn't very arm-friendly...way too stiff feeling for me, and it hurt my arm. So I decided to try the WeissCannon Explosiv at 50 pounds. That was more like it. Now the racket produces good control and it has almost as much power as the Prince OS Silver strung at around 60 pounds. Quite comfortable now, though off-center hits will be felt, but it won't be so harsh-feeling as with more typical strings and tensions. The next time I re-string, I will likely go for 45 pounds, to further improve comfort. The racket slices through the air with minimal air resistance due to its compact design. Very well-built, quality throughout. The grip is tacky enough keep your hand comfortably glued to it, so you dont' need to crush the handle with your hand. I don't need the included dampener as it makes no difference to feel, and I don't notice any big deal with sound, since when I play tennis, I concentrate on the ball, not the racket ping. So overall, I'm happy. It's cheaper than the newer, IG Radical OS, and it's been around long enough that any manufacturing or other bugs have been worked out. If you want an arm-friendly, more advanced racket and avoiding tennis elbow is job #1, this is probably you best choice. Just make sure you string at lower tension (don't be too worried about loss of control...if Federer can play at 45 pounds, so can you).
From: Rand, 3/12

Comments: After my last knee surgery, I started using the Microgel Extreme O/S and then switched to the Youtek Extreme O/S after it came out. I always felt like something was missing or lacking. I tried many stringing variations and adjusted the weight to try and match the comfort I felt with the Youtek Radical O/S. I have not been able to achieve this and recently went back to the Youtek Radical O/S. It feels SO MUCH better on my elbow and arm in general. I feel like things will get back to normal again with this stick.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Various hybrid configurations

Comments: Having used every iteration of the Radical OS from the Trisys to the Microgel, I had to give this racquet a try. Compared to the lightweight, but very crisp and predictable response of the Microgel Radical OS, this racquet seems "muted" at first. The major characteristics of the racquet are basically the same as the Microgel, but it's as if someone added additional vibration dampening or something. There's a perceptible loss of "feedback" upon ball striking. Now, this could be a benefit to anyone with shoulder or elbow problems, as I'm sure that the Youtek's frame is absorbing more vibrations than the Microgel version. Still, I personally prefer the more "raw" feedback of the Microgel frame. New generation Radicals tend to be a bit on the "light" side, so I found good results adding a few strips of lead tape to 3 & 9 as well as a few strips under the grip to balance it. I think I added about 0.4 oz. total, not enough to make it into a 12+ oz. Radical "beast" of old, but enough that it made a noticeable difference in the plow through and stability of the racquets while maintaining their maneuverability. Both my Microgels and Youteks play less like a "tweener" and more like a "player's frame" now. So, to sum it up, I'd say go Youtek OS if you have a recurring shoulder, wrist, or elbow injury - there's certainly a lot of vibration protection built into the frame. Otherwise, you can save a buck or two by getting the Microgel version, since they play essentially the same minus the "feedback" issue.
From: Sean, Greensboro, NC, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17

Comments: Added weight to handle to get it up to 11.7 oz, which also made the racquet about 6-7 pts headlight. Don't have an easy way of measuring swingweight, but I'm guessing around 330. This minor modification really makes this stick sing. Very stable with heavy balls and volleys. It plays like the radical pro, but a bit quicker through the ball. Serve has lots of power and spin. Great feel. The flexibility of this racquet is a real plus for me, as I have struggled with occasional shoulder and elbow issues. No shock whatsoever! In fact, you can string this stick with all-poly and get all the spin benefits, but not have your body pay the price. I've previously used (and loved) the K-90, but that frame is a bit too stiff and the weight catches up with you when playing high-intensity singles for more than 2 hrs.
From: Anon, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat hurricane pro 18G

Comments: The first comment I want to make is the racquet plays great once you get the string and tension right. The head manufacture should however let the buyers of their racquets know THAT NO 2 RACQUETS SPECS. WILL BE THE SAME. I bought my first racquet loved it and so after bought another...They played so differently that I had then spec. out Racquet 1 weighted 323g was very head light and the grip size was closer to a half....Racquet 2 weighted in at 329g was more head heavy and the grip was slightly over a half, and in order for both frames to feel the same took 2 hours to customize and now they are equal in playability but because you can't make a heavier frame lighter they are heavier than I would like....LET THE BUYER BEWARE...
From: Kenny, FL, USA, 12/10
Kirschbaum pro line 2 57lbs. 4.0

Comments: Tried several radicals but they have all the same problem. They are too light. Adding extra weight helps a lot but you have to watch out with the balance point.
From: Chris, Netherlands, 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Power 1.25
Headsize: OS

Comments: This is a great stick! Only weakness is it's a bit light for more advanced play when just a little more mass helps to stick the volleys and handle heavy balls. I added 1/2 ounce of lead tape at the top of the handle (under the grip) with great results. Also put leather grip on, which greatly enhanced feel. Throw in some 18 G poly strung in the low 50's and every shot will leave you smiling.
From: Anon, USA, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro 51#

Comments: I have been playing with the Radical OS for over a decade. This version is by far the best on touch shots, as I recently have been hitting touch shots I didn't know I had. That said, the added touch is not worth the loss of simple solid and crisp baseline hitting. So, the Youtek (in my humble opinion) is probably preferable to the Microgel OS, which can sometimes feel like a club. But, for my money, I'll stick to my 01' i.Radicals
From: Chandra, San Diego, California, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon M2, 58lbs
Headsize: Head i.Radical 107

Comments: I hesitated stringing this thing with poly, since I've had arm trouble before. The 18 gauge Lux worked great! Awesome spin and control of poly, but still tolerable on the arm I think the flexier frame gives you more options with string stiffness and tension. The racquet is also quite powerful, so be careful with gut or multifilaments at lower tensions, especially if you take big swings at the ball. Anyway, after six months of playing with this stick, I'm quite happy. Very forgiving and quick in the hands. You can get just about any feel you want with the proper choice of string and tension.
From: Drew, CA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Ace 18, 53#

Comments: This racket is amazing. I've always used the liquidmetal OS (except for a horrible short run with the Microgel OS) and thought it may be time to upgrade. With this racket groundstrokes are far more potent, slices are wicked and my serve and volleys are deadly. Serve gets more spin and pace and touch shots just feel perfect. I'm suddenly able to make return of serve winners I never could. Seriously love this thing.
From: Brandon, Warwick, RI, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Rip Control 16, 58lbs

Comments: As a fan of Agassi, since the model Ti Radical, I always used the Head Radical racquet. Several months ago, I changed my OS Microgel racquet for the new model Youtek. Since the first contact with the ball, I felt an extra vibration that no other racquet has ever had. Well, over time this vibration ended up making the difference and gave me a wrist injury. Immediately after I realized the cause, I abandoned the Youtek and have temporarily gone back to the good old Ti Radical, which I always kept. I immediately stopped feeling my wrist hurt. Recently, I returned to the Microgel Radical and I am fully satisfied with the comfort it provides. Head, I do not understand you. This technology only worsens the racket?
From: Pedro, Rio de janeiro, RJ, Brasil. 09/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu power spin 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 / 4.0

Comments: I made the jump from a Head Ti S6 to this one, and I love it since first day. I improved most of my strokes starting with a deeper slice backhand, a powerful volleys, a more powerful backhand and a controlled forehand. However, I still need to adjust my serve because it's a little longer than before. But in general terms I really satisfied with the impressive power and the balanced control. If you are interested in this frame test it and you won't regret.
From: Fernando, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. 7/10
String type and tension: Master Head, 60 lbs.

Comments: Since my initial posting last June, I had put the racquet up. I was not very pleased with the way it felt or the results. On a whim, I put the new Babolat RPM 17 g strings in it. It is a totally different stick now. The new strings seem to give it so much more control and the power to hit out is still there. I had gone back to the MG Radical Oversize but now feel like the Youtek is worth adding back to the bag.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g at 57lbs

Comments: This is the worst of the Radical OS line by far. The frame is too flexy/soft, resulting in lack of stability and power. When hit hard, there is a jarring feel in the racquet, but the ball has no penetrating power coming off the racquet. When hit softly, the ball won't go, and the racquet feels extremely mushy. You just can't win either way. Leading up the racquet won't help because of the weird way the racquet flex responds. Save your money to get the i.Radical OS if you can. The i.Radical is the arguably the best in the Radical OS line. It's made of no-nonsense pure graphite that provides consistent response and crisp hitting.
From: James, LA, CA. 6/10
String type and tension: Syn gut, 62lbs

Comments: Getting a bit older @ 47 and struggling recurrent with arm problems with my Wilson k-90s. I think the weight and stiffness add up over time, along with a few more mishits now and then secondary to smaller headsize. This racquet is a real pleasure. Very soft and comfortable. Forgiving headsize but still swings quickly through the ball. Certainly a bit lighter than the K-90 (by about 1.5 oz) but still stout enough to handle some heat and pace. You give up a bit of pace on serve, but in exchange get a bit more spin and consistency. Awesome on volleys and slices too. Very good feel with the d30, better than microgel and flexpoint models I have played with the the past. Overall a great choice, especially if one can accept that pro-level racquet spec's are not always best for mere mortal recreational/club/league players.
From: anon, usa. 4/10
String type and tension: Prince duraflex 50 lbs

Comments: Recently bought the OS Radical, without demoing it. Loved the way it brought pace to my serve, loved hitting backhand (two-handed) but hated hitting too long on my forehand, in which my backswing is longer. Tried various settings to fix the problem. So far, only this setting has worked for me: 1) tension at 70 Lbs 2) 18 grams in butt-end 3) 12 grams in throat 4)8 grams at 3 and 9 o'clock. Finally, I can swing freely with pace and keep it in. The weight in butt may sound dramatic but makes no difference in terms of swingweight. Weight in throat makes dramatic difference on the slice and volleys, now getting solid feel. The setup seems to suit both my doubles and singles game. Wasn't easy getting there but well worth it. Flexible frame, and extra weight is nice for my sore elbow.
From: jens, Singapore. 3/10
String type and tension: Wilson poly at 70lbs
NTRP Rating: dunno, club level

Comments: I made the jump from a Cross Bow 6 to this one, and will never go back. The best compromise of power and control, gives my slice back hand tons of bite. My serve has also improved with a higher racket head speed. Would recommend this stick to anyone trying to move from a power to a player racket.
From: RK L, Westchester County, NY 02/10
String type and tension: Gosen Poly / Syn Gut Hybrid

Comments: I tried this racquet to see if it was better then my Microgel Radical OS. For me, the soft and predictable feel of the Microgel was what convinced me to switch from the Babolat Aeropro Drive. The Youtek felt stiff and unpredictable compared to the Microgel. Power was about the same, but it didn't have the same comfort or feel. I'd have to say this version is not an upgrade to the Radical line.
From: Bob, FL, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Head Microgel Radical
Headsize: OS

Comments: Just like Andre K., I too am upgrading to this racquet from a 9 year old Ti racquet. Mine was Ti Fire Tour Edition MP. While I lost just a bit of "whip" feeling on my groundies, the overall transition was a complete upgrade in every area. The amazing thing is that my game seems to have more control the harder I swing, which is a pleasantly surprising development!
From: Dave, Omaha, NE 11/09
String type and tension: Syn Gut at 62LBS

Comments: Amazing stick! I upgraded to a YOUTEK RADICAL MIDPLUS from my 10 y.o. Radical Ti Midplus and I am completely AMAZED ! Very SOLID/STABLE at the net. Groundshots are definitely deeper and have more spin. Will buy another one and string @ 56 lbs to find the ideal tension for me.
From: Andre K., Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil. 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation NXT @ 58 lbs

Comments: Guys, this is the racquet. I have demo a lot of racquets. I was playing with the Aero Drive. I donated the racquet so had to choose a new one cause my elbow was hurting. I demo Yonex the new RDIS 100 (Nalbandians Racquet) and found it too stiff and heavy. Demo Yonex RDis 300 (Jie Zheng Racquet) too light and fragile. Also the new Pure Drive GT (Non Roddick Racquet), which caused my elbow to begin to hurt. All those racquet made my elbow hurt or can't recover. After I played with the new Youtek Radical my elbow had time to recover after playing. Felt so good. Groundstrokes was great. I could do topspin and flat balls. Serve had more spin and power cause of the head size. Volleys are great cause of the head size. And takes a lot of stress on elbow. Best racquet. Gotta try it at the least.
From: Kelvin, Hong Kong 09/09
String type and tension: Some head Multifilament, 56 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4

Comments: This racquet is awesome! It is extremely comfortable and very stable. At the net it's excellent for all sorts of shots, very superb control, and great from the baseline. All around this is a great racquet to play with. Very arm friendly. Just as they market, soft of touch shots about stiff on fast hard shots. Perfect upgrade to the Radical line, Good job Head.
From: Anthony, Birmingham, MI USA. 9/09
String type and tension: Head Rip Control 16G 60lbs.

Comments: This is a very good stick. Very light, fast, and easy to get power with but still very controlled at the same time. I had been using a head flexpoint radical oversize before and found that my groundstrokes were more controlled and that I could hit a heavier ball. My volleys were crisp and overheads had plenty of pop. My kick serve was great but I am finding it harder to break 100 mph on my flat serve. All and all a great stick just takes time to get used to.
From: Adam, Seattle, WA, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power, 58
NTRP Rating: Jr.

Comments: One of the best oversize rackets I ever played with, ball develops power after it passes the net, important is also the string you use, the original string was ok also, then I tried it with alu power, that felt too hard and stiff on my arm. With superstring extreme turbo, it plays like butter.
From: Tony Fesch, Austria/Vienna 07/09
String type and tension: Superstring Extreme Turbo Stiff

Comments: This is a good stick. I have been using the MG Radical O/S for a year. I can't tell that much difference in the two but the serves did seem to have a little more pop. My backhand slice was staying down quite low as well. The forehand shot really seemed to be going in deeper than usual. All in all, this stick seems to be a good update to the MG Radical O/S.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA. 6/09