Comments: I got this racquet yesterday and tried it already. I haven't had much experience with racquets and this is only my 4th one. The first I've used was a beginners racquet (HH, Light, Stiff) then I used a tweener (Even, 11oz strung, more flexible) After that I used what would be a racquet that demanded a strong technique (HL, 12+oz, very flexible, 90sq inch head) The latter had lots of power but I had to swing really fast that would make me miss the sweet spot causing 'ugly' shots. The tweener lacked plow and got pushed around quite often. I needed something that would have enough plow for my flat shots but not too heavy that caused tiredness in my arms and something with a slightly larger sweet spot. Prestige Midplus was my answer. Maneuverable, solid, controllable power, generous sweet spot, fantastic touch and awesome paint job. Don't see myself making a switch for a long time to come.
From: L.V Lim

Comments: Ok, so this is my second time commenting about the use of this racquet. At first, I tried a set up that was meant to work but I used the Prince Beast string and that messed up my shoulder so I thought the setup was bad. So I decided to try a different set up with the Pacific Poly Force. The setup is 8 grams of lead at 3 and 9 o'clock and eight grams on the handle. Boy does this racquet do wonders, it is better than I ever imagined. It's just awesome on both forehands and backhands and especially the first serve. The second serve requires some energy but when you find your rhythm, you'll be good to go. Boy, I nearly sold this racquet.
From: Fitzy, 10/11
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force 17 and Prince Beast

Comments: I bought this racquet looking for a stable control racquet. Compared to the Wilson, this is far superior as you can still swing it freely but it has good stiffness. I recommend the midplus for any serious player because it allows more swing speed.

Comments: This racquet has no power. It is good for players who can generate their own power and like to volley. Groundstrokes are no fun for me with this racquet.
From: Haseeb, 10/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Tornado at 52 lbs

Comments: I'm a cross user between Head and Wilson. I used the K Factor Six.One Tour and the Prestige Classic 600 and they were perfect. I only tried to change because I thought it would a newer version with the same paint job would play good. So I tried the Head Youtek Prestige Midplus. At first I thought it was good, just needed lead tape, because hitting with it only landed my balls on the service box. So I added lead tape to it every way possible, at 3 and 9, 10 and 2, 3 to 12 down to 4 o'clock. It just made me shank balls more, felt more heavy on my hand with nothing to show for it and trust me I tried all set ups, lead on at 2 to 3 to 6 to 7 to 8 grams on the head and 5 to 7 grams on the handle, but this racquet is just a waste of space. Going back to my Wilson BLX Six.One Tour.
From: Fitzy, 9/11
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force 17 and Prince Beast

Comments: After a short period of hitting with the Youtek IG Speed MP 18/20, I decided to go back to the Prestige series and bought this racquet. This racquet was an upgrade over my Microgel Prestige. First of all, this racquet shocked me with its performance. Although heavier than the Speed MP, I was surprised by the maneuverability it offered. I was able to whip across the ball generating lot of spin even in a 18/20 pattern. Once again, the trademark precision and depth control of the Prestige line are evident in this line. Serves were amazing with this racquet as I found substantial pop with excellent control. Groundstrokes were amazing as usual with most of my shots landing deep with pace and spin. Volleys were amazing as this racquet gave me enough "punch" to put them away while maintaining stability even on slight mis-hits outside the sweetspot. Compared to the IG speed, I found better precision, touch, and stability, and as an upgrade to the Microgel version, I found better depth control, a little more pop on serves, and more racquet head speed. If you are looking for a racquet that generates a lot of racquet head speed but still maintains good stability and plow through, then look no further!
From: Mark. 7/11
String type and tension: Weiss Cannon Scorpion @ 56 lbs

Comments: Great racket. It plays a bit lighter than previous model Head Prestiges like FXP and MG. This may be due to reduced swingweight. Because of that, it took a bit of tinkering to get it feeling right for me. I added some lead tape to the head, (strip each side, 7 to 10 & 5 to 2)and it makes it feel a lot more solid without altering the balance too much. It also got rid of the occasional "tinny" sound which this racket had in stock form and gives it overall a lot more pop. This is more more powerful that previous models also. All in all a very solid racket for an all court game.
From: Ross. 6/11

Comments: t's a great racquet, gives me the combination of power and control with 18/20 frame. It's a bit heavy, but love the feel, pinpoint precision on forehand from baseline especially when timing is correct. I am able to generate more power on first serve and topspin on the kick serve. I feel my game has improved after switching from K Blade 98. Wanted to buy the new BLX Blade 98, but after trying this stick, I just loved it with the feel, control and power it gave me compared to my old Blade 98. Will definitely recommend.
From: Praveen. 6/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough vs Wilson Sensation at 60

Comments: This racquet plays great. It gives me so much pop, and I love the 18/20 string pattern. Great control as well. I love the weight compared to the other Head racquets. My only problem is they crack too easily. Every player gets mad, and every players bangs up a racquet, but this thing just doesn't hold up.
From: Dufus. 6/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite, 62 lbs

Comments: Great racquet. I can get plenty of spin and when I want to flatten it out there is still plenty of control. My serve is more consistent and I can also go for more. Volleys are crisp. It feels like everything goes in.
From: Mark. 6/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 58 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet as I was looking for something lighter than a K90 and more in the 12oz area. At first, I didn't like it because it felt like I couldn't find the sweet spot. Even when bouncing a ball on the middle of the string bed, it just didn't feel sweet. Also, and maybe it was the extreme headlight balance, but the racquet felt unsubstantial, like I had to force it around my body. As a result, I had no touch when hitting and nothing felt good. Although I didn't have much hope, I went on the TW forums to search for a lead tape setup that could salvage the racquet. One user said that he had put 3.5 inches of lead at 10 and 2(starting at the 4th cross down from the tip of the racket). After applying the lead tape as directed, I gave it a couple swings and immediately felt the difference. This Head Youtek Prestige MP now feels like it has a sweet spot, and boy does it feel sweet. Quite plush. The lead also makes it so that the weight of the racquet will carry the head around my body on its own as long as I keep a lose arm and wrist. I have never been able to hit consistent serves with such placement. My groundstrokes, volleys, and return serves are really coming on with confidence, especially in match play. It didn't feel great at first, but after adding some lead tape I noticed a difference. I'm actually debating whether or not to add more. It feels damn good where it's at, but more heft in the head would be nice too!
From: Reid. 5/11

Comments: Presently playing with Microgel Prestige Pro (strung with all 18G poly in low 50 lbs range) and gave the Youtek Prestige MP and Pro a try. Also had an older Flexpoint Prestige MP for comparison as well. I'm nearly 50 and have played serious ball since HS/college days. I mostly played with the Wilson ProStaff line until 6 years ago. No doubt this is a good stick with great feel and light enough in its stock form to swing quickly through the ball, and room to add lead if desired. Great at the net and on serve. The MP is at the upper end of stiffness I can tolerate, and the Pro is just too stiff for me, and plays quite different than the MP, even stiffer than the Flexpoint MP. As for the 16/19 vs 18/20 issue, I think overall the difference is subtle and does NOT make as big a difference in spin as touted. Spin is 80% technique and the rest frame/strings/string pattern issues. More open patterns tend to feel softer and have a bit more pop, and dense patterns a bit stiffer with better control. The Microgel Pro and MP Prestiges only differed in string pattern, not balance and stiffness variations seen in the Youtek line. After playing with several Head Youtek lines (Radical, Prestige, and Speed), I just don't like how these frames will stiffen up when you swing hard/fast or are trying to block/volley a heavy ball. I prefer a uniform racquet response no matter how you swing or what you have to hit, but this is a personal issue. Overall, these are both great player's sticks, but I'll hang on to my Microgel Pros until Head will make a traditional flex (60-63) Prestige in the 16X19 pattern.
String type and tension: 18 G Babolat Pro Hurricaine

Comments: I've tried 15-20 frames recently. Two stand above the rest. Head Youtek Prestige mp and the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Lite. The spin isn't that great and the volley seemed to lack something. Other than that I've played with great confidence. I was impressed with the power I could generate.
From: Niklas, Sweden. 4/11
String type and tension: HEAD Sonic PRO

Comments: I decided to give this racquet a try. I was looking for more control and I found it. Using the Pure Drive prior, I wanted more control and flatter shots. I think I found the stick I will keep. It took a few weeks to get used to it, but once you do, watch out! Serves are very nice, and volleys are even better. I finally have a two handed backhand down the line which I didn't have with the Pure Drive. I did add a few grams of lead as it was a little too head light for my liking. Everything about this racquet is perfection, and you won't find a better paint job. Talk about a sexy racket.
From: Anon, Norfolk, VA, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 57lbs

Comments: I was stuck with my Prestige Mid for a long time and began to feel the need for a few more inches in head size. I took the step forward at coaches and players recommendation. My game is back. Took me a couple of weeks to adjust but what a racket! I love it.
From: Juan, San Diego, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Solinco Revolution 16L, 55lbs

Comments: You can't find a better feel from a racket. Plow, touch and spin all there in a plenty. Great for just keeping opponents deep with an easy swing and then when you get a chance rip an attacking power shot with a faster swing. Iíve played all types of rackets, APDC, MP speed, Ntour, Yonex 200, Prince NXG (nice), anyway all good sticks but the Head is far above for luxury hitting. Serves are a dream. Powerful and in the box. Use a poly mains with softer crosses and its fantastic. Also very flexible and arm friendly. Get it and enjoy the game. Bit pricey so second hand is the way to go. 10 outta 10 all the way...
From: DH, UK, 03/11
String type and tension: Poly and soft crosses 25kg

Comments: I never write reviews but felt I had to as I am very happy with this frame. As an avid user of the Liquidmetal prestige line I struggled to find a replacement and was steadily disappointed with Flexpoint Microgel etc... As I was about to hit my last Liquidmetal frame I needed to find a replacement fast. Hesitantly I tried the Youtek MP and finally they got it right. Shots are fluid and the frame actually does what you want it to! If you are looking for a classic/Liquidmetal like frame then the time has finally come!
From: Fran, LA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: 60lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: Great racquet, been using the prestige classic for about 15 years, but I've lost a step or two so looking for a more forgiving frame. Tried many but never found the complete package that fit my game. The Prestige Youtek 98 feels very similar to the classic 93 in terms of control, but more forgiving, a little more powerful (still low power compared to other racquets), and lighter. I did have to put some strips of lead tape and brought it up to 12.2oz, now it is perfect. Play very similar to the old Trysis 280, might as well be the same frame with a different paint job! It is also easier on my arm compared to the prestige mid.
From: Anon, NH, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Forten thin kevlar 57lbs

Comments: I was looking to get back into heftier control oriented rackets and wanted to give the YTPMP a try. The stats looked great but the racket disappointed me. The hoop felt unsubstantial compared to the other PMP versions I've tried. No plow through and just a numb unsatisfying feel even on dead center sweet spot hits. I tried two string set ups as shown below and even added a total of 16" of 1/4" lead tape to the hoop and still couldn't get the feel and stability I was looking for. I'm sure someone could do lot's of customization to make it work for them but IMO if a racket is that far off in it's stock form...it's not worth it.
From: David, SC, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Gamma Asterisk full at 56, SS 1.20/PSGD 51/55 hybrid

Comments: Played with the Head Youtek radical mp before I got the Head Prestige mp and I started out with Luxilon Big Banger @55 and I didn't like it, it was too stiff, felt like a board. So I changed to the Babolat RPM blast 16 @ 55 and it was ridiculous; soooo much better feel and plow through; overall, a sweet racquet. It has just enough spin with perfect amount of power. Serves I would give a 8/10 only because it is a little light, maybe use a tad bit of lead tape to fix it up, but in general a 9.5/10 with the right strings and tension.
From: Anon, DC, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: BABOLAT RPM BLAST @55

Comments: This racket's got some spank. I really enjoy softer feel, big sweetspot and pinpoint precision on forehand, volleys. My serves feel great, it looks like I have added some mph on my 1st serve, I guess balance is just right. This racket is a slice machine - my slice bh shot stays low, skids off the court and gives tons of trouble to opponents. I need some adjustments on my topspin bh, most of my shots fall a bit short, - but I think this is just my technique... You have to bring your power w/you, but in return, - you can really unload and flat forehands out to produce penetrating shots.
Thanks for the great racket, Head!
From: Saguaro, AZ, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 18, 57

Comments: These comments about the vibration and the pinging sound pretty much sums it all up. Still, year after year Head continues to make the prestige a buzzy, too-light racquet that lacks mass to produce plow through, period. The i.Prestige line was the last time it had mass and did not need a dampener. The same complaints again and again, you would think Head would listen to us. It's not rocket science. Please give us what we've been waiting for...it's been too long.
From: Russ, Worcester, MA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Always experimenting

Comments: It is way too light off the shelf for a players racquet. I added leather grip, and lead at 3 and 9. Mine now weighs 12.4oz strung, and has a great combination of plow and flex like the older prestiges. I did not like the feel of MicroGel, but I think I will finally retire my i.Prestige for the Youtek version.
From: Daniel, Irvine, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 17/Klip Scorcher 17 58lbs.

Comments: I played with the MicroGel Radical MP for a minute last year. While the MicroGel Radical had tons of control and feel, it just did not have any plow through. The YouTek Prestige MP plays like I wanted the MicroGel Radical to play. It has tons of control and feel to go along with the plow that was missing with the MicroGel Rad. The ball comes off the racquet consistently and predictably. While the racquet has some power...I get more power from good technique and good contact, not from racquet/string technology. So while I need to step into my shots a little more than I did with my Yonex RDIS 100, I have a lot more control over what I am doing with the ball. I used 17-gauge string and have easy access to spin as well. The YouTek Prestige MP does everything really well...serves, volleys, and groundstrokes are all easy to control. It also feels like there is a little room for customization...but I hesitate to add lead tape as it plays pretty darn good as is.
From: Rondall, Halethorpe, MD, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre BiPhase 17 Ga at 57 Lbs

Comments: Probably the best all-around racket I've ever hit with (Max 200g, Wimbledon Eclipse 88, Head Ventoris 600, PDR cortex, Prince Black LB for context). Since coming back to the game I realized the stiff tweeners were killing my arm and destroying my midcourt approach for the net. I have recently developed a semi western FH but not a love for these newer painfully stiff rackets. Now that I'm playing all-court again instead of mostly baseline I needed something closer to my older rackets. Plush but not quite as plush as the 200G but easier to serve and create spin with. Spinny but more controllable than the PDR without the arm problems and no appreciable serve speed difference than the Prince Black LB (hit 10 straight 1st serves at 122-128 in a set today & one 8 of 10 points).
So with weight and technique this produces superior serves with control and the most consistent string bed response I've encountered to date. I've tried 'em all Donnay Blue, Dunlop bio 200+, Prince Rebel and YTPP. This is a scalpel at the net, midcourt and baseline with no real weaknesses and superior control that encourages good form and habits. Great touch and disguise too... not 200g levels but better than any other. Overall this one makes everything more consistent and dare I say elegant? This thing hits some extra good looking serves, volleys and 1 handed BH's and forehands benefit from accuracy rather than raw power. I added some lead at 3 and 9 + some silicone in the handle and it's as dangerous as you want to be. This summer I found I was having to throttle back on my midcourt and approach shots but no more.

Comments: I bought a couple of these racquets after reading the tennis warehouse review. I've always been a Wilson guy from the PS85, Ncode90, Kfactor90, BLX90 and now KPS88. I felt the Head was a nice racquet as far as generating spin and pretty decent feel but I was unable to generate the plow through I get with my Wilson's. I had to really work hard to get good pace with it even after I weighted the frame. Wilson racquets are the closest thing to having the feel of a wood racquet. That being said, I had more feel and plow through with my Wilson's and have returned to using them. Compared to the stability of my Wilson frames the Head felt like a toy. It was light, unstable and required a huge swing to really cut the ball.
From: Kevin, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: String varies, 48-50lbs
Headsize: 88 or 90

Comments: Hope my opponents don't find this gem :) Switched to the Youtek Prsstige MP 18x20. My previous racquet was the Head Microgel Radical Pro with 16x19 string pattern. I find I can still hit with heavy topspin, but with much more control. Volleys are solid, but very maneuverable. Serve is better controlled with no loss of pace. The best for me is the return of serve with fewer balls sprayed. I've owned Flexpoint Radical Tour, Microgel Radical Pro, Microgel Radical MP, Flexpoint Prestige MP, Microgel Prestige Pro, and Youtek Radical Pro. By far this is my favorite. Head light balance is easy to swing, weight feels sturdy in heavy hitting, touch shots are just amazing.
From: Royce, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: main: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Rough (59 lbs), cross: Wilson NXT Tour (57 lbs)
Headsize: 98 sq in

Comments: I am going to keep this racquet at 12.6 ounces and 6 points headlight. I put 12 total 4 inch strips, of 1/4 inch lead tape at 2 and 10 O'Clock, 8 extra staples in the butt cap. I find that adding any more lead at 2 and 10 O'Clock affects the twist weight and causes my slice backhand to float with no drive. You can add more at 12 O'clock since this doesn't affect the twist weight. For me I now have this racquet tuned to perfection. I am stringing this racquet tighter also. The overheads are pretty violent with this one.
From: Selles, Chicago, IL, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT at 70 pounds
NTRP Rating: 5.0, evolving to 5.5.

Comments: The Youtek version of the Prestige MP is better than the previous versions by far and I've had all of them. The Prestige is an awesome racquet and always has been. But the Youtek surpasses them all. The vibration issue is definitely there. The solution is a string dampener. You'll love the control and power all rolled into one. The touch is exquisite.
From: Spike, Venice, FL. 10/10
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 18G; 57 lbs

Comments: This racquet is too light and unstable in stock form. You really have to muscle the ball in order to get good depth and pace. The racquet will get pushed around if you are playing against a heavy hitter due to the low swingweight. However, after I added 8g of lead in total at 3/9, it was perfect. With the added weight, there is a lot more power, stability and control. I don't have to whip the racquet with my arm anymore, I just let the racquet do the work. I feel a lot more confident with my shots after adding the 8g of lead. Although the increased swingweight has slowed down my stroke, my stroke is now very natural and relaxed. The added weight also has improved my net game, it is rock solid at the net. My returns are solid too as I am easily able to block the ball back. Serves have been amazing as well. Overall, the lead has dampened the feel of the racquet while improving the stability substantially. To all the YPMP users, I highly recommend you trying 8g of lead at 3/9 to improve your game!
From: Jason, Toronto, Canada. 10/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black-Code 17 at 58lbs

Comments: WOW! I've never been a head fan (always been a Wilson lover) but this racquet has made me consider. I'm still demoing other stick but this one is up there with my favorites. Good spin for 18X20, good power, very crisp, stable, the serves feel great, and everything just flows so well with this stick. Anyone 4.5+ would probably like this racquet. However, it does make a horrible pinging sound without a dampener, if you don't play with a dampener, you will be playing with one if you use this stick. But overall, I like it and will consider a purchase.
From: Ace, CA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Gamma TNT Touch 61

Comments: Although sponsored, I LOVE the unique feel of Head frames, and I really wanted to like this newest frame, but alas, Head, like most companies, is bending to the stiffer-is-better policy, catering to the mid-level player (which I understand from a marketing POV), where a medium stroke gives good power. I tried the Mid and MidPlus versions, and found both to have that 'Head feeling', but these two were unforgiving and stiff, with little feel - but noticeable pop. I handed the MP to my practice partner (a bit flatter hitter, CRUSHES the ball) who is a dedicated i.Prestige user (he has like 8 frames), and the i.Prestige is the stiffest Prestige I can remember hitting with; He hit about 20 balls, handed it back, and said; "pop...but nothing else". This frame has all the Prestige/Head characteristics, but I felt it was the very last Prestige I would ever choose to walk into a match with. I see everyone giving rave reviews, but I just don't see it. Perhaps strung on the very low end of the range would help? As an aside, I noticed the BB 'DCL' and Volkl PB10 as 'similar'. Both those frames are tremendously better than this Head. Several companies have 'brought back' an earlier frame; I wonder if Head built a limited run of 630's how surprised they would be at how quickly they sold out - at a premium.
From: Anon, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Varies
NTRP Rating: US Ranking and Futures player

Comments: I have jumped all over the racquet spectrum but for the last several months I've been using Federer's Wilson BLX 90. I liked the weight of 12.5oz. It seemed easy to plow through anything w/ great stability. When I tried the MP, it of course was lighter coming in at 11.7. I added weight to the head and got it feeling closer to 12 and this racquet really felt perfect. If you switch to this racquet, it feels really head light but with a bit of lead tape you really feel this racquet perform optimally.
From: Mark, CA. 09/10
String type and tension: Syn Gut @57 lbs

Comments: This is a good racquet, with the comfort and the feel, which makes this the best racquet that I have.
From: John, USA. 09/10
String type and tension: Natural Gut and poly

Comments: This racquet is incredible! I've been playing with the prestige flexpoint mid, which I loved and never thought I would switch, but I wanted to upgrade to newer technology and get a more forgiving racquet with the same look and feel of the mid. I can't say enough great things about this stick, it is phenomenal. From the very first groundstroke I hit, the increased power and pop was instantly noticeable. I felt 20% more power on groundstrokes, volleys, and crazy pop on the serve and all my shots were much more consistent at the same time. Maybe due to the bigger head 98 vs 93 mid I was using. I felt as if I could swing as hard as I wanted with no fear and the ball would go in every time, and yet it also felt effortless. I highly recommend this racquet, it's the best I've ever hit with and I'm so happy I got it, I'll probably buy a 2nd one soon for my backup.
From: Ken, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Head FXP 16, 60lbs

Comments: The previous poster was dead on with the vibrations. I removed the plastic piece on the end of the handle and put it back on and now the vibration is completely gone! Andreas, I owe you one!
From: Steve, HI, USA, 08/10

Comments: I also had the vibration problem. The reason is the part of plastic which covers the handle end (under that cover you can add some lead or whatever to change the weight). I fixed the plastic part with some tape. Afterward no vibration anymore. The racquet is great, the quality is less good. I sent the first racquet back to my German dealer because of a bad paint job.
From: Andreas, Hamburg, Germany. 08/10

Comments: I just bought a Youtek Prestige MP after demoing it and strung it with RPM Blast in the mains and Tecnifiber X-one biphase in the crosses at 56/59 and when I bounce a ball in the top end of the racquet it's vibrating like crazy. It has to be a defective racquet so I'm taking it back to where I bought it. Not sure if it's the same problem the previous poster noted but even with the vibration dampener in it really a horrible vibration.
From: Steve, HI, USA, 08/10

Comments: Has anyone had an issue with a pinging/vibrating with the MP? I have played Prestiges for years. I have liked all the versions except the MG, which I didn't use. I also prefer to play without dampener. When I tested this stick, it made a funny sound (to my ear) on even well struck shots. If I put the dampener in, it went away, but again I'm not a fan of playing with the dampener. Maybe it was just the string job of this demo. I liked racquet but I'm not sure if I can handle the sound when hitting groundstrokes (just not pleasing to my ear). Still deciding whether or not to upgrade from the Flexpoint.
From: Will, Va. 8/10
String type and tension: Lux Fluoro 17 64

Comments: Excellent racquet! I was playing with the Volkl pb10 mid and I give it a try and guess what!? I was terrified about the quality of my strokes and how easy is to handle this racquet. So I put my Volkls on left and start to only use this racquet. All my shots are better now, with more power and pace. I'm in love with this racquet, I can flat, spin, slice the ball with confidence. If you can generate your own power this racquet will give the control that you need and you'll put your opponent in a defensive mode more than 85% of the game. Give it a try, you'll not regret it.
From: Juliano, Brazil, 08/10
String type and tension: 57lbs

Comments: Great racket. I got it yesterday and already my consistency has improved. I can hit hard and be assured that my shots won't go long. My previous racket, the Kfactor 6.1 95 didn't give me this assurance. I like the feel of this stick too for the serve and the volley. I may customize it with lead tape as at first I thought it was really light, but it's definitely one of the smoothest sticks I've tried out. Would recommend to anyone. Truly amazing.
From: Matt, Piscataway, 08/10
String type and tension: GS HexPoly @55 lbs.

Comments: This is an amazing Stick. I liked it a lot. I received mine past Wednesday used for straight 4 days for 2.5 hours each day. My stick of choice is Volkl PB 10 mid which is 16X19 with 93 headsize. I wanted to try 18X20 with 95 plus head size and weighing above 11.5 but less than 12. This Head meets that criteria and is very good and comfortable. I own a Becker 11 too, which is very nice and 18X20 with 98 Headsize too. Plan to use this head as Primary and Becker as secondary for sometime. If you're thinking to buy this Head, pls go ahead, trust me you won't regret it. It is awesome.
From: Obaid, Marlboro, NJ, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel Premium 17, 57 lbs

Comments: I would highly recommend this racquet for its combination of comfort, control and power. I've changed from my much (and still) loved Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300. I've been a Dunlop devotee for over 20 years and the change felt a bit like cheating on your woman. But all I can say is that I need not have worried. The Prestige MP's greater power is noticeable from the first hit. Perhaps it has the same comfort but more control on deeper shots. My regular partners immediately noticed the difference in my game i.e. more controlled power and weight of shot over a couple of hours. My serve finally causes problems and I am now hitting winners a lot more easily. Love it!
From: Nick, Belgium, 08/10
Headsize: 98 Sq inches
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: Great racquet, use to play with a head liquidmetal radical MP but this racquet is 100% better. Is a little heavier but is very well balanced and my shots are much more powerful and also I have more control on all kind of shots. I'm even able to generate more topspin on the kick serve. Love this racquet, great job Head!
From: Andrei, Astoria, NY, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Head ETS 16, 62lbs

Comments: I have been playing the prestige since the intelligence technology. So far this is the lighter and most versatile prestige yet. This stick is great on singles and doubles, I can come to the net with ease, move faster and attack the net with more confidence. Even though it's lesser in weight compared to the previous versions, the heritage of the prestige is still present (the stability). The grip shape is somewhat improved, it's less rectangular...finally. The youtek frame feels good and solid on contact, love the pop. Overall, this is a great stick. If only Head could make better designs on their paint job.
From: Triggz, Huntsville, TX, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Gosen OG sheep micro 16L @ 57

Comments: Perfect weight and balance. This racquet offers pinpoint control, good power, and great maneuverability. With good technique this racquet is a deadly weapon! Great job, Head!
From: Clint, indiana. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane @58

Comments: The best overall racquet on the market today in my opinion. I just recently demoed this and I was really trying hard to find a drawback with this. I couldn't. How many racquets are this good on serve and so maneuverable at the net? I play with a one handed backhand and I had no problems with slinging this around. I found myself consistently returning my groundstrokes much deeper in my opponents court than I ever have before. Return of serve is also a dream, against big servers, I usually get my racquet pushed back from the ball, with this stick I can comfortably hit through the ball for a nice return. Anyone who buys this racquet will not be disappointed to say the least.
From: Ben, Baltimore, MD, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Head FXP 16 @ 58lbs
Headsize: 98"

Comments: Does anyone know if the grommets for the Head Youtek Prestige mp are the same as the ones used on the Head Microgel Prestige mp?
(The grommets should fit between these two models. -- TW Staff)

Comments: From the perspective of an average player, I love how this racquet feels in your hand. I demoed the Radical MP and found the balance to be just off. The Prestige MP, however, just feels like it is meant for me from day one. I would recommend getting a different vibration dampener than what comes standard because it seems to pull on the strings.
From: Kurt. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS Natural ThermoGut 16 Touch at 58

Comments: Great racquet! It has it all. Power, control and feel. Went from a 107in head to this 93in with no problems at all.
From: Brad, 05/10

Comments: As a nearing 60 year-old former college varsity player, I have enjoyed playing with many rackets, most recently the Prince Ozone Tour, the Becker Pro and the wonderful Avery M3 Control. The specs on the new Head Youtek Prestige MP were too good to pass up, and after a month of play this is by far the best hit I've had in years. At just under 12 oz. the head light balance feels perfect. The frame is flexible enough for tremendous feel and comfort and powerful enough for easy pace. This is an all court racket, great top and slice, perfect net placement and powerful groundies and serves. I can't imagine a style of play not suitable for this Prestige. The 18x20 string pattern works so nicely with this frame to provide control while generating easy access to spin and pace all with great feel. Nice job, Head.
From: Tom, WA, USA, 05/10
String type and tension: Gut Cross, Synthetic Main
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5

Comments: This is significantly different from earlier version, Microgel Prestige. Very arm friendly even with ALU Power Rough full job, even for relatively high tension up to 58 lbs. Nice feel, enough power, great control gave me great satisfaction.
From: K, Seoul, South Korea. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu rough & Iso. control (hybrid) @ 58 lb

Comments: After playing with it for 3 months, I have adjusted it into my liking, but in its stock form it was acceptable. I found that it didn't have enough weight and wasn't stable enough on my backhand. The greatest thing about this racquet at stock form is the slice. It is beastly and I would recommend this to people who like a nice touch and like to swing really fast.
From: Kevin, SF. 5/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Biphase 16 at 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5 maybe?

Comments: I cannot miss a serve with this racquet. Demoed it on a whim along with the Speed MP (18x2) and the Babolat AST & PST. I wanted to like the Speed MP, but I kept finding the net on serves - the balance didn't suit me. Immediately switched to the Prestige and I was dropping 1st serves in constantly. And it didn't stop there; this racquet is just so solid on all the strokes, I just played my game and the rest came naturally - I quit thinking about the racquet and was executing the strokes and finding targets. I haven't experienced that before with my Head FXP Instincts, MG Rad Pros, Bab PD+ Roddick, and Yonex RDS001mp (although I haven't tried my latest string setup w/the Yonex). Even with the tightly strung demo syn gut, I was getting pace and spin. I have a full swing on both wings, SW forehand, 2hbh, 1hbhslice. Highly recommended for demo, and probably my next purchase.
From: Gary, Austin, TX, USA. 04/10
String type and tension: syn gut/demo

Comments: Awesome racquet. If you like to hit good paced shots with an excellent amount of control then get this racquet. It may not be suited for a beginning player, but as you advance you should totally purchase this racquet.
From: Anon, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Wilson Nxt tour 16 @ 59 lbs

Comments: This racquet is the perfect racquet for me. Just enough power and a lot of control. Great on serves. I used to play with the Kblade 98 and although this racquet was great for groundstrokes it wasn't so good for serving. The head prestige youtek MP is a great serving racquet.
From: Sylvain, Walnut Creek, CA 04/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 17 at 53lbs

Comments: I am a 15 year old 4.0 high school varsity singles tennis player and I loved this racquet! I always liked the head racquets and I wanted to try something with a little more weight. I used to us the head microgel radical mid plus but I felt it lacked something. With this racquet I felt like my strokes were smoother an more consistent. My only two problems with it and this may just be my racquet but when I got my racquet I only played with it for 2 or 3 days before the grip started to tare off the butt of the racquet and this wasn't just the tear you get from playing often this was a loose gripping job that led to a destroyed grip. Now that is not all because I hadn't had it for a week when my brand new hybrid strings broke an they broke at the grommet an if you look at the grommet of these racquets they cover the string so its not like I could have scraped it on the ground. Anyways I hope that tennis warehouse will replace it but other than that I feel that this racquet is worthy of five stars an has great feel and control.
From: Jonathan, Franklin, MA, U.S.A 03/10
String type and tension: Wilson Nxt duo pro 60lbs
Headsize:98 in

Comments: I've been playing with the Wilson ProStaff Series for a long time. I was sad when they discontinued it. Now, I've got the KFactor Tour 90 and I like the control and stability. One day, one of my tennis buddy demo the Head YOUTEK Prestige MP from TW and he didn't like it. Well, I thought to myself I never tried the Prestige and especially at 98 square inches. At first picking up the racquet, it felt weird at 98 square inches. Then I swung it and I was in love. I didn't have to try hitting the ball. I just did my usual strokes but faster racquet speed. The strangest part, I didn't have to try generating pace. This racquet is like a sponge but boy I love the sound of the pop on the ball as it came off the racquet. Maybe I'm getting old or something but I really love it. It made me hit shots that I never thought I could hit. My overheads, forehands, volleys, serves, and slices had more feel and velocity. All these shots are done without effort. I don't know about other people but I really like the Head handle. The Wilson racquet handle is too round for me. This Head handle is perfect for my eastern forehand. I felt one with the ball. This racquet has raised my game without my trying. I've tried all the new Wilson lines and I must say, this Head is for me. This is my opinion, you don't have to take my word for it. Please demo the racquet before buying it, it might not be for you.
From: SVEN, San Jose, CA, U.S 03/10
String type and tension: Eagnas Nano @ 44X48

Comments: This racquet is amazing. It has great control and is great for serving and at net. However, you do have to generate some of your own power, and the racquet is slightly less stable than the Wilson 6.1 95 line when playing hard-hitters. This minor issue can easily be addressed with a few grams of lead at 3 & 9 and at the handle. Overall, this racquet is an improvement from the MG and FXP Prestiges and is a IMO the best 2010 racquet release. I would recommend Babolat VS 16 or Tonic+ 16 at 60ish for great power and control.
From: anon. 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS 16@62 OR
Babolat PHT 17 Mains@55 / Babolat Xcel 16 Crosses@52
Headsize: 98(actually 95)

Comments: Compared to the Microgel prestige Midplus, the youtek prestige mp hits with more power and is more forgiving. Has a different feel also, and overall I definitely like this racquet more than the Microgel. Compared to the Speed Pro, has a similar amount of power but much more maneuverable, resulting in better net play and not hitting late on certain baseline shots. A great racquet.
From: Tony, Minneapolis, USA 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu power 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.5-6.0

Comments: Head Prestige is on the same line with Wilson tour 90 and Price Graphite. This is for the well trained player who has long and correct swing. Since I have used the prestige classic model more than 10 years old, this is the one of the best in it's series. Also, one of the great benefit of Prestige is that you can change the weight and balance using radical bumper and grommet. I am using this tuning since 4 years ago as I become older. Now, I am 43 and I guess, with this way, I may stay in Prestige 4 or 5 years more. I hope....
From: LEE, France 03/10
String type and tension: MSV Twist 21 Kg

Comments: I played with the Prestige MP, many years ago.-The Trysis 300. Most recently, I played with the Youtek Radical MP. However, I found the Radical to be a bit unstable and got pushed around by heavy hitters. I experimented with Lead Tape. However, about a month ago, I hit with a pro's Prestige and remembered why I played with the Prestige in the early 90s. I found the Youtek Prestige MP to be very stable and was able to really hit out and have pinpoint placement of all my shots with more consistency and also had great touch. However, the Prestige is less forgiving than the Radical. After several hitting sessions, I switched to the Youtek Prestige MP. My entire game is better with this stick- groundies, serves, volleys, returns, etc. Today, I am a more skilled player than I was in the 90s but I am getting older. At first, my shoulder got sore after hitting with the Youtek Prestige after 1/2 to 2 hours. However, I have adjusted to the weight and now have no soreness either during or after play. Bottom line: I love this stick!
From: Evan, Jericho, NY 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS 17 at 58 lbs (next time will try 56 lbs)

Comments: Great Racquet. Serves have more power and control, volleys have that buttery feel, and aiming for the lines has never been easier :)
From: Anon., Chicago, IL, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 17g 59#
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: Have had this racquet for a week now. If I can describe it with one word it would be 'Crisp'. The YouTek technology is awesome and you can feel it working, you just have to get used to it and trust it. It's a tad lighter than the MG Prestige Pro which I used to play with but the slices and plow are still there. It's more maneuverable for me because of the weight yet it still has a lot of power which was surprising coming from the dense string pattern. I switched to this racquet to gain more control, I come under the ball a bit so adding topspin comes naturally, with the Pro I was spraying balls out a bit. This racquet provides me with the slight less weight which is good for those heavy 3-4 set matches, same topspin , I can hit flat with more confidence for those put always, more control and again surprisingly almost same power as my old MGP Pro. The serve is also great because I can generate more head speed. I recommend it if you are a 4.5 or above. Paint job resembles the old Flexpoint Prestige, very elegant. It's always fun to try out and play with the new products, part of the enjoyment of the sport.
From: Nash, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 02/10
String type and tension: 55LBS

Comments: Recently, for one week, I demo'd this racquet along with Head youtek Radical 18x20, Dunlop 300 & Wilson BLX 18x20. The Youtek Prestige 98", 18x20, is the finest racquet I've tested in a long time. I don't recall having the same fresh-out-of-the- box feeling. TW says that it is strung with 16g Head FXP at 59lb. For me, the most amazing thing is the control I gain with the same pop.
From: Ray, Monterey, CA, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: 59

Comments: I was amazed at the level of power and spin I was getting out of a racket with 18x20 string pattern. I was just ripping ground strokes with full confidence and going for the lines. Even serves where pretty big and accurate with good spin. This racket really excels in control, pace, and spin when taking a big swing. If there is a weakness its when trying to block balls. I could feel just a slight amount of flutter on slices and blocking returns. Maybe racket is just a hair light but that wouldn't stop me from buying this beast. Too bad it's selling for so much. That's a pretty steep price tag but the prestige youtek is easily the best prestige version they have had in years.
From: anon. 02/10

Comments: Wow! No wonder Head is sold out already! Very surprised by how well this played. Didn't expect this amount of power in a comfortable stick with a dense string pattern. Spin was easily accessed when needed. The high level of control has you painting lines. I was able to hit huge forehands and backhands that penetrated deep into the court. Flat serves were fast, heavy, and accurate. I wasn't getting a huge amount of kick on second serves though (a small price to pay). Volleys had great pop and directional control. I do like the new grip shape. It isn't as rectangular as previous Head grips. I've always liked the mid but this is by far the best of the three Prestige models.
From: Nick, Livonia, MI, USA. 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS crosses at 56 and ALU mains at 52

Comments: This racquet is straight up sick. I'm usually really good seeing that I'm generally an amazing tennis player. This racquet has sick touch, and nice pace. It feels like the prestige heritage has come back to life. On serve this racquet is flawless, and it just adds on to my already great tennis game. I LOVE THIS RACQUET!
From: Aysh, India, 01/10
String type and tension: Head Natural Gut (82lbs)
NTRP Rating: 7.0 (World Tour)

Comments: Added power level when compared to the Microgel Prestige MP. Very comfortable frame but seems a bit light in weight. Good control, good flat serves. Spin seemed pretty hard to generate but was playing with FXP control which favors a flat hitter. Nice up from the previous generation.
From: Jeff Keys, Jackson, TN 01/10
String type and tension: Head FXP Control @ 58 LBS.
Headsize: MP

Comments: Great racquet, no complaints, in every way a step up from my old racquet, the K Blade 98. Practically the same power level, but with better consistency and control. Volleys do not have as much pop as my old K Blade, but much better feel, as I was able to pull out both angles and drops onto the court. Finally, the best point: the serve. When I first served with this racquet, I hit 5 consecutive first serves in before missing one. That was practically unheard of with my old KB98. The serve is the high point with this racquet by far. Again, I'd definitely recommend this racquet, even above the Prestige Pro and Mid. However, be warned->u need developed, fast strokes in order to fully utilize this racquet. Definitely 4.0+.
From: Jeffrey, DE, United States 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough w/ Babolat VS Nat. Guy 16 at 52/55

Comments: Had the opportunity to demo one of these and must say I'm quite impressed. My racquet of choice is the KBT, but couldn't pass up the chance to hit with this stick. The Youtek MP offers great control and ample pop. My serves were strong and accurate, and kick serves were super. Baseline play was strong with great spin, depth, and producing a heavy ball. Net play was equally impressive. Crisp accurate volleys that rival my KBT. Although my KBT offers better control, I must say that the combination of comfort, control, large sweet spot, and stability makes this racquet a tempting buy. Two thumbs up on this racquet.
From: Doug, Seattle, WA 01/10

Comments: An improvement from the microgel version. Same control, more power and comfort. Serving with this racquet is satisfying (many free points). I've played with the intelligence, flexpoint and microgel version in addition to a Chinese made 280. This one is my favorite.
From: J., San Dimas CA 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat vs natural x Luxilon fluoro 60x58

Comments: I thought this is the best prestige ever made. This racquet gives you superb control with the 18/20 frame. I enhanced my serving game and gave me great feel for my volleys. I recommend this to any tennis player out there, even if you aren't particularly fond of Head try it out and your view of Head tennis racquets will change.
From: Geoff, Miami, Florida, United States 01/10
String type and tension:55/62
NTRP Rating: Excellent

Comments: It is a good racquet and I'm playing with a microgel version. This stick give me a combination of power and control, it is a bit stiffer than the microgel version and I love the pop. But I think it isn't heavy enough for a baseliner and I have to add some lead on 3&9o'clock to make it more stable and add some power. It is not easy to get use to it's power though. However it's a nice racquet.
From: Wang 01/10