Comments: I've used this racquet for over five years -- I play about 1-2 times per week in the spring and summer; I'd say I'm about a 3.5-4.0 player. This racquet feels really comfortable, and has great accuracy and placement. The power is OK if you swing fast and hard. The touch is OK too. It seems not as easy to move around on the backhand side compared with the latest Midplus version. The old midplus in Flexpoint, (not Graphene) had me hitting everything slightly long, so I went with the Mid.
From: Pancho, 6/14

Comments: All i can say after a year is wow! I have never used something like this before I got it and boy did it feel right the first time I hit the ball. Crisp flex of the hoop combined with the tighter string bed (60lbs for me) just makes for a deadly combo. Pro Hurricane and Nvy definitely firms it right up and makes a scalpel out of it. Both forehands and backhands are powerful and I feel dialled in on every shot. Serves go where I want them to and volleys and feel shots are superb. 9.9999.../10 because I can't play enough with it.

Comments: Great racquet. I moved from the ProStaff 6.0 85 back to this stick (used to use the 600 way back), and it still feels the same.
From: Aubrey, 1/13

Comments: I am coming from the Wilson ProStaff 6.0 85 which is a beauty but a brute to play with. I have plenty of power in my fast swing and I like the control of the tight string bed. The Head Prestige Mid is smooth and better in every department compared to my PS85. It is amazing off the ground (with 1 hand bh, volley's are so much better, serves are easier as well). It's lacking some plowthrough on the forehand, but it is also far easier to whip up and meet a ball when you are late too. So good is the racquet that I immediately bought a 2nd racquet after hitting with the club pro. This club rocks!!!
From: Val, 1/13
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g @ 57 lbs

Comments: First time I've had tennis elbow in years. Had played with the prestige mid classic tour, the flex point , micro gel, and now IG. And now after three weeks of play I have tennis elbow. Head, why do you keep making the prestige stiffer than before. It's supposed to play like butter and a surgical precision scalpel, not a concrete plank.
From: Jason, 6/12
String type and tension: NXT Tour 17 Wilson

Comments: Great racket, recommend having it strung at higher tensions because I find that it adds more power to shots as well as increasing feel. Playing at the baseline, this racquet helps out a lot if you have technique. On the BH side I advise to let the mass of the racket do the work same on serve because I am now hitting my serves over 100MPH without much effort. forehand you can grind from anywhere. Although maneuverability is an issue at the net, elsewhere there is no problem. when stringing I advise to go hybrid in the high 50's, low 60's.

Comments: Just hit for 2 hours this this version of the Mid. It's AMAZING from the ground and very good at net. Slicing is incredible. The only thing I couldn't do was generate pace on the serve. I will try serving again but so far couldn't get racket head speed on the serve.

Comments: Having played with a variety of rackets, first the old yonex URQ speed 10 then the Babolat reflex 102, back to the speed 10, the 2009 pure storm gt and finally this I can say that honestly. This is my first foray, if you will, into the world of really control oriented rackets, the pure storm HAD control but it lacked in feel and was a handicap on serves. It was even balance, which meant lots of plough through, I felt the pure storm was kinda more powerful, it wasn't low powered, it has a lot more power than people say it does. I bought this on a whim, kind of knowing what to expect from a low powered racket, the first shot I hit I took a full swing at and I could feel the heritage. Ground strokes are solid, volleys are beautiful. however i still need to get used to the feel of it on serve. I would recommend using the dampener it really helps out especially at the higher tensions (Provided you can put it on first). Surprisingly the spin you can generate on this was phenomenal. Slice was penetrating and the volleys were deep. I would give this racket a 10/10. Dont let the TW scare you off. You can find plenty of depth with this provided you have the right technique, and even if you dont its still fantastic.
String type and tension:Pro Hurricane 17 and N.Vy 16, 60lbs
Headsize:92/93

Comments: This racquet is a great racquet overall. Backhand side will hit rather flatter than one may like unless the technique is there, however, the string pattern and head size allows for one to smack a flat bomb! Strokes will tend to come up short until one gets used to this racquet, so I advise one to play with this racquet for at least a week. However, that being said, this racquet is perfect for drilling in wins as there are very view downfalls. Serves are rock solid as are volleys. I've played with this racquet for two years, and I will say that I will be sticking with this frame as my tournament frame for quite a while. That being said, strings make a huge difference with this racquet. A lower tension should be used along with a livelier string, otherwise you might get tennis elbow trying to produce power and pace that really isn't there.
From: Gary, 10/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline, 52 pounds

Comments: I switched to the Head Youtek Prestige Mid and played the best of match of my life at 45 years old after customizing it a bit. My custom specs: 8 total 4 inch by 1/4 inch strips of lead tape at 2 & 10 (approximately 8 grams). 32 inches by 1/4 inch of lead tape wrapped around the throat (approximately 8 grams), just above the grip and covered with the rubber band from the replacement grip. Now the racquet is 7.5 points head light/ 32.0 cm balance and weighs 365.2 grams/ 12.88 ounces.
From: Selles, 10/11
String type and tension: 18 gauge Babolat Pro Hurricane at 62 lbs

Comments: This is simply a classic midsize racquet. Stable, excellent control, good feel, and somewhat arm- friendly. Unfortunately, this is not for me as I prefer an open string pattern, but I can definitely see why so many players of all levels swear by it.
From: Patrick, 8/11
String type and tension: Head FXP 16g at 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet is absolutely amazing. I first tested out a few a couple of months ago and fell in love with this one instantly. I have been using this for 2 months and it has fascinating, all you have to do is hit the ball in the middle and no matter your positioning or footwork the ball will do what you want it to. Add to that great footwork and stepping into your shot it provides ridiculous control and power. Not to mention the sick running forehand passing shots I have hit with this thing. Plus I have only been taking lessons for about 2 years along with playing on my school team and my game in the last 2 months has jumped from low varsity to just today I beat the #1 singles on our team. It could be the confidence I have gained but this racquet has really helped.

Comments: I have over 22 racquets. I love trying new racquets and their technologies and head sizes. I always liked Head because of the feel and arm friendly stability. I was really surprised that even though the head size is a 93, it gives me a lot of power compared with my 95 square inch racquets. My one-handed backhand is superb with this stick and it has helped me develop an even better stroke. Control, serves, touch, and slices; it's all there
String type and tension: Poly at 50M/46C

Comments: Wow. That's all I can say about this racquet. This frame recently cracked, so I decided to demo some other racquets. I took the Wilson K Blade 98, the Prince Rebel 95, and the Wilson 6.1 95 (18x20), and the Wilson BLX Blade Tour. These are all supposed to be very good racquets, but NONE of these came even close to this racquet. Although all of these racquets have the swing speed labeled as fast, this one hast the fastest swing speed, it's absolutely ridiculous. It has a thin beam so it cuts right through the air and is very aerodynamic. This racquet hits extremely well when you play good, clean shots. When you put Luxilon without a hybrid it can cause some discomfort with your arm from tennis elbow. Definitely a more advanced player's racquet. It does take about an hour to get used to, but when you get used to it, you will never want to switch back. Racquet plays great with hybrids- Luxilon in the main, gut in the cross. Best racquet Head has ever made, hands down.
From: Rohit, 8/11
String type and tension: Luxilon (55) Prince Syn Gut Duraflex (55)

Comments: This racquet is great no doubt. Very control oriented, solid feeling with enough plough through. But my suggestion is try to go with soft strings and lower tension like 55 and below. This racquet has a dense string pattern so if strings are too tight it may give "boardy" feeling and you wont be able to pocket the ball in the racquet during the hits . But still some people play with high tension. Apart from that if you are someone who can generate enough power on their own in each shot then try this out for sure. If you are using this racquet you cannot be lazy in any shot. I feel it is more solid than MP version or Radical version.
From: Rashid, Ann Arbor, US, 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 55
NTRP Rating: 4.0/4.5

Comments: I tested too many rackets over the last couple of months. But now the search is over! The mid version the Head Prestige is my ultimate racket experience of all time! I am a player with a long swing style who is always looking for control and a good touch. I couldn't believe the kind of precision I got out this racket. And the feeling in my arm is beyond words. It seems like the first time I really believe what the company tells me with all their "d3o"- technology stuff and so on. I never felt a material of that kind. There isn't any stroke that didn't improve in my play after switching to it. Groundstrokes are rock solid - okay you really have to follow through the ball to make it reach the other baseline. But the balance of the racket makes it so easy and comfortable. My serve accuracy and speed improved. At the net it is also very good to handle - even though my play at the net is my weakest side (so I guess I am not the expert to judge that). On my backhand side I gained so much power and confidence which comes close to a miracle (I play one handed). I almost do no security shots at all anymore, but can hit topspin out of many different situations (just because it swings so well!) The other models didn't work at for me which is kind of weird. The MP felt like a completely different racket - a little more topspin capacity but just not made for my play. Anyway, I know how subjective and personal this whole racket-science is. But I would at least recommend testing this racket to anyone who is looking for a control racket that perfectly responds to what you put into the shot yourself.
From: Laurentius. 6/11

Comments: This stick by far is the best prestige out there! It takes a while to get use to but is a deadly weapon of control. If you have well developed strokes and generate your own power this may be the stick for you.
From: Joseph. 5/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 16

Comments: This racquet provides brilliant control. I changed from the MP version. I think Prestige mid provides more power (comparing with other midsize racquets), especially when you hit a running forehand you can tell the difference. This racquet also greatly improves my service, on speed and also placement as well. Volley placement is also precise, and even your opponent gives you a hard shot you can still hit the ball comfortably. And every hit you can really "feel" the ball, the more you give, the more it does. So In general I think this is a very good racquet. The best (midsize) racquet recently!
From: Beginner. 5/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour - 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet will give you absolute control with excellent plow through. Add some lead tape at the top for more balance and you're golden. I find this racquet BETTER for serving if you really whip through the ball, and I get better kick serves than I ever did with the BLX Tour. Forehands are incredible, backhands I find painting the line cross court. A MUST demo; the TW Review seems a little unfair.
From: Bryce, OH, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 16, 62 lbs

Comments: This is really a great feeling racket. A surgical classic player's frame with great stability and precision. I'd guess that a good older 4.5 player who is a bit fatigued in the 3rd set may find it harder and harder to find that awesome sweet feeling 1/2 dollar size sweet spot. The Prestige Pro is the likely next best choice.
From: Steve, Muncie, IN, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: mix on main/crosses (?)
NTRP Rating: 4.5 (aggressive play, long strokes)

Comments: Man o' man, I had not hit with this type of racket for some time -- high level stick, smaller head, very balanced. I'm more of a mid-plus guy that went to the Volkl Mid 10 (which is also a smaller head but has a look and feel of a midplus, 10HL). I was very impressed by the feel of this. Very precise. You really feel the balance of this. So sweet when hit on the screws. Big swings, really solid volley, solid precision on the serve. Not too heavy and beefy. This is more beef bourguignon than spicy Texas chili -- filling indeed where less is more.
From: Steve, Muncie, IN, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Poly - 57

Comments: This racquet isn't for everyone, but do NOT let the TW review scare you off. It is an instant classic in my mind. If you enjoy a stiff, solid racquet with low power and great plow through, you will love this racquet. I used to hit with an n6.1 95 18x20; this feels similar but crisper and a touch lighter. Reminds me of my old i.Prestige, before they introduced the many (IMHO) flexy/sloppy/awful Prestige updates that followed. As a baseliner with a big first serve and heavy-action second serve, this racquet has a je ne sais quoi feel that clicked within the first 5 minutes of hitting.
From: Anonymous, Upstate NY, USA, 01/11

Comments:Great racquet here with unfair review in my opinion. Yes, this racquet is for above 5.0, try to use leather grip without dampener. Then you have a solid racquet with amazing feel, nice plow and pace, this racquet is for long and fast swing with eastern or modern eastern forehand, but when you relax your arm then you can get all the best from this racquet. I was trying at the same time Volkl PB 10 Mid, this Head is so much better.
From: Mario, Ixtapa, Mexico, 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Timo 122 50 lbs

Comments: Personally I don't really like this racket as much as I thought. Some people are saying that it's a very hard racket to use and that it's only for a player that's 25+ but that's just wrong. I'm 15 years old and I've been using the Head flexpoint prestige mid for ages and it suits my game perfectly.
From: Ian, United Kingdom, 11/10
String type and tension: Head RIP control 16 and synthetic gut. both at 59 tension

Comments: I am looking at this racquet closely, as I currently play with a Head iPrestige Mid, and I have to say, after hitting with this racquet: game over. This is an excellent stick, much improved over the i-series. If you cannot supply your own power, you need not apply here. This is purely a control and feel oriented racquet. If you struggle hitting sweetspots, if you are erratic with your ball striking, or need a stick with power, this one will not work for you. Don't even try it. Having said that, if you are a hard-hitting baseliner/serve-volleyer like me, and are looking for a stick with pinpoint accuracy and feel, look no further. If I can find a flaw, I would say it is average in spin access, but again, this is a small head size and a hefty stick, so expectations in that area can only be so much. Spin can be easily compensated for by using a rough string, something like the old Gamma TNT Ruff, or it's current incarnation. This is a great players' stick with excellent access to control and feel, and the head balance is just right. No complaints here, I give it an A.
From: Owen, Cody, WY, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Synthetic/Poly

Comments: By far the best racquet on the market. I am a junior player and loved this racquet all around. Great feel and touch, and I can rip shots when I want to. Volleys and serves are great with this stick. The only problem is lack of depth on the ball.
From: Bobby, Anaheim, LA, CA, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline

Comments: I have been playing the Yonex RDis 100 Mid for the last two years. I did not think I would switch sticks until I demo'd the Prestige line. I went back and forth between all 3 and the Mid is the one! If you like a stick you can crack and feel comfortable it will still land inside the lines, then get involved. The feel all around the court is fantastic. Even with the smaller head I have more confidence at the net. Great sticks.
From: Tom, St. Louis, MO, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone Mains, Wilson Sensation Crosses 59 lbs

Comments: I have been playing with these racquet's for the past 3 months and man aren't these are the best racquet's out there. Nice feel, excellent control, crisp and perfect cosmetics. I play on the Junior ITF circuit and if you are a all court heavy hitting player these sticks are just for you!!
From: Anon, India, 08/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 18, 55Lbs.
NTRP Rating: ranked Junior (About 5.5)

Comments: There is a reason why the Prestige racquets are the most used frames on tour and I found out that this week. It has no flaws, nice flex, feel, cosmetics, etc. For me it was slightly too heavy and didn't have enough power but if you have excellent technique and can handle the weight it's perfect. I tried the BLX Six-One 95 and the Prestige was far better in every way possible, going to try the mid plus version, which I think will be perfect for me.
From: Kiran, CA. 8/10

Comments: I have hit with this racquet for approx. 2 weeks and loved it. Great control and feel for placement. Finally, found a new frame that I can enjoy. Nice off the ground. Solid on the volley and serving.
From: Fred, New Jersey 03/10
String type and tension: Wilson Extreme Synth. Gut 16 - 54lbs.

Comments: One of the most incredible racquet traditions of all time! Having played with a variety of different racquets in my tennis junior career and now as a teaching pro this one will always be THE BEST ever. The new Youtek Prestige Mid is so similar and even better to the old school Head Prestige Tour 600-it could be easily mistaken. The racquet combines the ideal balance of weight, control and balance for the advanced player. In my tennis career so far I have had a chance to play with some of the best sticks out there like:K Six OneTour (caused a 2 year suffering from tennis elbow; KPS88-almost led to a shoulder surgery; Dunlop Aerogel 100-not enough power and even Prince Graphite 93 Tour-too stiff). Finally after using so many different brand racquets I decided to buy this one without demoing and go back to the racquet of my junior years. And what a change! The racquet plows through the air with the same incredible sound and heft! It felt like I was swinging with a magic stick! There is no need for me to say that the racquet is great on all groundstrokes. Especially- very forgiving if you have fast swings and clean technique, one-handed backhand and big cut on the forehand! I love it! Plan to buy a lot of them.
From: RF, Atlanta, Georgia. 3/10
String type and tension: Isospeed Control 62lbs; Gamma LiveWire17 64lbs

Comments: I really love this racket for volleys and it was also good on forehand, overheads when hit right in the sweet spot. I saw a improvement on my serve. For the backhand work sometimes but wasn't always great. If I haven't found the k blade tour I would have chose this racket instead. nice job head and I like my k blade tour more.
From: Danny, Mountain view, CA, usa 02/10
String type and tension: Head fxp 55lbs
NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments: I demoed this racquet and it was INCREDIBLE! It will literally not let you miss. I thought I would not be able to use the 93 head size considering I am only a sophomore. But I was wrong. It is a great racquet loaded with control.
From: Andrew, MI 02/10

Comments: I demoed this racquet and I LOVED IT! I hit 3 aces in a few minutes, I almost never got a shot out, I never double faulted and it had perfect control. There was nothing I did not like about this racquet! GET IT!
From: Ian, Ann Arbor Michigan 02/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic pro,?lbs

Comments: I play with both the k 6 1 tour and the aerogel 100. This version will soon find itself in my racquet bag next to them. Each of these racquets give me something different.
From: M, Chicago 01/10

Comments: As part of the greatest continuing brand name in tennis, the Youtek Prestige Mid keeps the flame going. Having said that, the flexible feeling (though still relatively flexible) and heft of the classic Prestige are muted, but the overall effect is still top drawer! As solid as can be and with a premium on control (which is the hallmark of a player's frame) this Youtek has it all. You can caress the ball or spank it with equal proficiency. From the baseline or the net the Youtek Prestige Mid gets the job done and it's hard for me to think of any disappointments here. Even the look of the frame and cosmetics are amazingly well done. In such a relatively small hitting surface (and dense string pattern) the sweet spot is well centered and seems to include virtually all the hoop, though shots near the tip seem to die off a bit (but that could be due to the string set up in the demo I used). Overall, I couldn't be more pleased (perhaps only a leather grip for the Youtek Prestige from Head would improve things).
From: Jeffery, Napa County, California 02/10
String type and tension: Head FXP 17 mains (@55)Babolat Revenge cross (@52)
Headsize: Mid
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0 doubles

Comments: Wow! This was my first thought on the feel and control of the ball. I have played with the Orig. Prince Graphite MP 93 headsize for the last 16 years and this is the first racquet I have felt good about. Ground strokes are smooth and feel good when letting it rip. Volleys were solid and able to utilize touch on most shots when attempted. Serving felt good and it seemed that placement was even better when unloading on big serves. This definitely is a control players frame and was a good fit. I am going to try it out for about a week, but I feel that I will order 4 new frames shortly.
From: Fred, NJ 01/10
String type and tension: Poly - 57 lbs

Comments: It is taking sometime to get used to but what a racquet. 100 times better than the MG. It will never exactly like the classic Prestige but it is close. Great serve and volley racquet. Groundstrokes are solid. Demo the racquet, you will not be disappointed!
From: Mike, PA 01/10
String type and tension: 53 - Luxilon, Tecnifibre X one combo

Comments: The Original Head Prestige Classic is one of the greatest players racquets ever made and hasn't been improved upon since it came out in the late 80's; relatively flexible, tight 18x20 string pattern (strings don't move on impact which gives more control and spin); and a small head with a large sweet spot allows a player to hit any type of shot and play any style of game. I don't know why Head thinks they can improve upon it when every time they try they fail. Tour players still play with the original version just painted up with the latest cosmetics. I haven't hit with this newest version but I'm sure it's very good because it is still basically the same racquet.
From: Nick, Earth
String type and tension: Forten Sweet 16
NTRP Rating: 4.5/open, depending on how much I play.

Comments: WOW! I got to try this for 3 hours at my lesson because one of the coaches had them. At first I was a bit skeptical about this racket since I usually stick to Wilson (KPS 88), but I am so happy I demoed this racket. Where to start....Ok what really stood out about this racket to me was the amount of control it had from the baseline and touch it had at net. I could probably hit the ball into a penny placed anywhere past the service line. (I hit deep on almost all my shots, except for drops) And at net I was just all over the ball. This racket gave me enough confidence to aggressively attack the ball at net and do some sharp angle volleys. Also, I have to say this racket really was great for my serve. I thought that my K prostaff was great on serves, but this racket is just as good, if not better because of it is easier to swing. My only gripe would be the strings. I think it had Sonic Pro in black. These strings had pretty good feel, but they were just not for me. I really want to test them with my Babolat Revenge and NXT tour combo. Anyway, I'm going to wait for to demo this racquet for a week so that I can make a final decision. But I plan on ordering like 2 of these sticks. They're just amazing.
From: Brian, NJ 01/10
String type and tension:65 lbs Babolat Revenge main/Wilson NXT tour cross 16
Headsize:KPS 88

Comments: This racquet is only good for one thing, IT'S LOOKS. I actually use a K90 tour and I found this racquet to be slightly stiff and only maneuverable at net. The groundstrokes from the baseline were ok, but not really good compared to the K90 tour of mine. The serves of this racquet were decent when putting kick on it but I couldn't get that much power at all. Maybe it is just me. This racquet just didn't suit my game very well.
From: Thomas, Houston, TX, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro Hurricanes/Wilson NXT 16's

Comments: WARNING! Advanced player racquet. I had the chance to demo this racquet early. I found on the ground strokes this racquet was impressive but it took about an hour to adjust (balls were landing really short). The serve, if you hit the sweet spot, was SWEET! By far, the best part of the racquet was playing at the net and hitting touch shots from around the court. Even though I hated the string it was strung with, I felt I could feel the ball better than the MG prestige mid. This is a must demo for any advanced player.
From: Nicholas, PA 01/10