Comments: At 52, I have played with a variety of racquet sizes and manufacturers since I begin playing in the 70's. Lately I have been using the extremely powerful Prince Thunderstorm 120 that I bought in the late 90s. Light and oversized for doubles play. I have had to string it tight to get it under control and my shoulder and arm cant take it anymore. Since the specs on the Head Six Star noted a soft feel and great control, and the customer feedback was good I had to try it. I strung it up with the new Wilson Shock Shield string and the combo is great. I can generate more controlled power and maneuverability is much better than the Prince. My touch shots are going in more also. The d3o material is suppose to hit firm on big hits and flex on touch shots, and I believe it works.
String type and tension: Wilson Shock Shield, 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 Doubles

Comments: Great Power! You can actually control the power, even with a big cut. It has a really impressive feel, and is arm friendly. It reminds me of an old Maxply on steroids. It is a game improver for sure.
From: Marshall, Minneapolis, MN, USA
String tension: 57lbs

Comments: I demoed the Head Youtek 6 and 5 stars at the same time. For some reason I was not able to top spin the 6 stars; I mostly hit with it flat; while the 5 stars is an excellent racket for me. It has power, control and spin. I have a tennis partner, who I play 4 sets of singles with him every weekend. The first set I used the 6 stars I lost to him 0-6; the second set I switch to the 5 stars I beat him easily; the third set I was down 0-3 when using the 6 stars so I switched to 5 stars and I beat him (it's like to give him the first 3 games); and the last set I beat him with the 5 stars. I finally end up buying 2 of the 5 stars.
From: Phong, Lakewood, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: demo string

Comments: I have played with player's stick before, Head Youtek Prestige, Gamma Tour 330X. I cannot seem to handle those. That is where I tried this racket. This racket is very lightweight, head heavy. This makes this racket powerful but easy to swing due to its lightweight.
The controllable power of this racket contributes to my game by improving my serve and my two handed backhand.
The pace of the serve is easy to generate, and my backhand can go deep into other side of court without much effort.
This racket is very stable, even with the off center hit, maybe due to the technology that comes with it. There is no vibration or what so ever related to this racket. The control is really nice too.
The only downfall is the feel/touch is a bit low compared to player's stick. Recommended to any player that needed power to be added to their game/ or any player that suffers TE.
From: Muhamad, Butterworth, 12/10
String type and tension: pre-strung manufacturer's

Comments: I had been playing with the Prince O3 black for a few years, thinking of a change but not having gotten there yet. A friend was testing new racquets so in hitting with her, I tried them, too. This Six Star felt good the first time I hit the ball, even with the cheap string it had. And every time, it continued to feel great. Every shot could be hit well; the additional power made all my other shots better and more penetrating (didn't have that issue with the forehand before the test).
It had touch, too, which surprised me. Being more than an ounce lighter than my Prince, typically I'll swing through too quickly. But the fact that it's head-heavy balanced that out. Also LOVE the sound it made (esp. compared to the O3, which was sort of a dead "swoooooosh.") After a couple of tries, I decided to use it in a tournament. And there it got slightly complicated.
My racquet guru continued to express surprise that I still liked the stick, because he typically sells it to players who aren't at my level. But I never had a bad day with it, and always felt comfortable with it in my hand despite it's being rather different than what I had been playing with. Another week, and I decided to make the move. The fact that the strings were moving all the time (I had been playing with the RPM Blast for six months, and those don't move at all) was a bit of a distraction in matches. Ultimately, I tried a combo of the two. And I preferred that (and the strings stayed more stable, too). I can't say enough about this stick. I didn't even try any other demos to make sure it really was the one. The previous racquet change, I had tried a ton of sticks - never quite finding the one that would be my true love, basically settling for the best of the worst with the O3.
We'll see where I can take the game from here.
From: Stephanie, Montreal Canada
String type and tension: Babolat Blast main/Dunlop syngut cross 57 lbs

Comments: I played my first competition with this racket. I found the control to be its advantage, but the power generated was too much, due to it only being 10 oz strung. I didn't feel any pain in my arm after two matches and 4 hours later. I may need to give this racket more time, but I found hitting strong groundstrokes difficult.
From: David, La Paz, Bolivia, 09/10

Comments: I played with the racquet for the first time today. The control in the backhand was noticeable and the forehand provides better placed shots. It's only my first day, but I do plan to put another review in a few more weeks and after playing a tournament. I've thought about adding one ounce of weight to the racket, but for now the 10 oz strung racket is working just fine. I had been playing with a Prince racquet and tried out the Babolat and Dunlop before deciding on the Head 6 Star.
From: David, La Paz, Bolivia. 9/10
String type and tension: Synthetic Wilson

Comments: This is a great racquet. I've demo'd a bunch of racquets and the first ball I hit with racquet I knew it was the one.
From: Lind, Hillsboro, OR, USA, 08/10

Comments: I've owned the Head YouTek Six Star for about a week now. I'm a solid all-court player who is just starting to play regularly again after taking most of the last 15+ years off. I'm 46 years-old and have what I consider to be classic-type strokes, compared to the modern heavy top-spin ones (think perhaps Edberg v. Nadal). My previous racquet was a Prince CTS Synergy 32 Oversize, which was a heavy monster and could be difficult to control. I demo'd a bunch of racquets, starting with some of the more player-oriented racquets like the Wilson KBlade Team, Babolat PD 107, and others. While I liked the two mentioned, I decided that I wanted the extra stability and help that I got from some of the game improvement racquets. I hit with the Prince EXO Blue, Wilson BLX Cirrus and had settled on a final three of the Prince EXO Silver, Babolat Y112 Ltd, and the eventual winner the Head YouTek Six Star. Each of the final 3 racquets had its strengths. The Silver was tremendous at the net -- volleys were incredibly solid, but may have lacked some touch. It also felt a bit ungainly to maneuver due to its size and I sometimes had trouble controlling topspin groundstrokes (but I couldn't miss my slice backhand with it). The Y112 Ltd was solid all around. I could blast serves, hit good groundstrokes, solid volleys, but again it lacked a bit of feel and touch. The Six Star was the best all around. It offers great stability and control, generous power, and lots of touch. It is light and maneuverable, gives me solid and powerful groundstrokes, and I can blast or spin my serves with ease. Also, the ball makes a wonderfully solid sound when you hit it. I don't feel quite as invincible at the net as with the other two racquets, but every other aspect is equaled or improved.
From: Scott, Houston, TX, USA. 7/10