Comments: I bought this racquet from Tennis Warehouse ten days ago. I had them string a full bed of Pacific X Force poly at mid range, 57 lbs. Played three sets of doubles last night and am delighted to say the new racquet and strings played superbly. The Five Star has great balance and power. Good serving racquet and quick at the net. I'm delighted with my purchase and with Tennis Warehouse's excellent service.
From: Bob, 12/11
String type and tension: Pacific X Force Poly, 57 lbs

Comments: It's a really enjoyable stick coming from many years of using the Wilson Prostaff range and the like. I really needed a lot more pop with advancing age so I picked it up. I was very concerned at first with its mobility and touch as it's a big change from the "Tour" type players racquet. Technology aside, I must say it plays a lot "smaller" than the 107 sq in. Almost (but not quite) feels like a mid-plus. Head did a super job on the balance. It's quite clear that you're wielding an oversized frame, but not by much and I could live with it. In return, you get controllable power, lots of pop on the serves and (very surprisingly), nice sweet touches at the net. The only thing I found a bit strange was the forehand drive volley, for some reason I had to swing out a bit more than I thought to generate power; they were dropping into the net otherwise. Lovely cosmetics as well. In conclusion, if you're an aging player looking for a game improvement racquet not out of choice but out of necessity, I would heartily recommend giving the Five Star a go. You'll hit well for longer and maybe enjoy the game a bit better. Well done, Head!
From: D. 07/11
String type and tension: 50 pounds (below the recommended tension)
Headsize: OS (107 sq inch)

Comments: I demoed the Head Youtek 6 and 5 stars at the same time. For some reason I was not able to top spin the 6 stars; I mostly hit with it flat; while the 5 stars is an excellent racket for me. It has power, control and spin. I have a tennis partner, who I play 4 sets of singles with him every weekend. The first set I used the 6 stars I lost to him 0-6; the second set I switch to the 5 stars I beat him easily; the third set I was down 0-3 when using the 6 stars so I switched to 5 stars and I beat him (it's like to give him the first 3 games); and the last set I beat him with the 5 stars. I finally end up buying 2 of the 5 stars.
From: Phong, Lakewood, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: demo string

Comments: Just bought and played with today. Nice racquet period. First few shots were a little awkward, but got used to the light weight - head heavy, stick very quickly. I would say a great racquet for any 44 year old who can't produce the racquet speed he's used to, but still likes a power shot with good control and soft touch. I went from the WILSON K Six One Tour (Federer stick) to this. Yes, big change but I like it. Had it stung with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Fluoro 17 String. Love it.
From: Solarstar, Minnesota, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: 57

Comments: Great racquet!!! Using YOUTEK Five Star the first time was an strange experience but I got used to it in no time. I was surprised to find how easy it was to swing this racquet, for both groundstrokes and volleys. It's much easier to swing than Babolat Drive Z 110 which is supposed to be a slightly lighter racquet according to the specs. Regarding d3o technology, honestly I had doubts. But I could really feel the technology in action. The racquet definitely became stiff for high speed impacts. Now I am a firm believer of their claim about d3o. It makes me feel that Head created a custom-made racquet for me, head-size, weight, balance, etc. The one-piece grip is awesome, too. It's an excellent choice for those players who like the power but seek more control in over-size(110 sq. in.) racquets. It was worth spending the full price and I am looking forward to playing more with this nice stick.
From: Mike, Portland, Oregon, U. S. A. 5/10