Head YOUTEK IG Prestige Midplus Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Finally made a switch from Prestige Mid! So far, I really like it, but with initial usage I found the racquet to be too light. After adding enough lead tape to my liking both in the throat area and at 9 and 3 o'clock area, this stick is very intuitive and very fogiving to hit with. There's nothing I can't do with the MP that I couldn't do with the Mid version, although the control is a little less. Overall it's an improvement, I hit my (one-handed) backhand while off balanced (on a full run) more confidently and changing to a kick serve at the last second is a breeze. Strung with Genesis 17ga at 53 lbs.

Comments: I own the Flexpoint version and this IG, both in Midplus. I find the Flexpoint version a tad heavier and with more plow than this version. More suitable for aggressive serving and solid volleys. This version is more maneuverable and comfortable to hit with. The differences in serving and volleys are not of such significance as to go back to the Flexpoint. All in all, they are very similar racquets and I prefer the IG for its comfort and all around versatility. Of course it is a control traditional oriented racquet and power should be supplied with good technique and fluidity rather than muscle. I use ALU Power at 55 pounds in the mains and NRG in the crosses at 58 lbs and it is a very comfortable and controlled response.

Comments: The touch of this racquet is amazing. The heavy feel and head light balance means that I put volleys away Edberg style. I did have a little trouble generating power on the serve. This racquet is rather stiff and not very forgiving if you don't hit the ball in the sweet spot. For players with arm/shoulder problems this might not be the racquet for you. I have some pains but love the feel and control of this racket too much to change. I highly recommend this racquet for high level all court player.

Comments: I wanted to like this racquet because the control was exceptional and it has a very sturdy, but still maneuverable feeling, with good plow through on returns. However, perhaps it is because I'm not used to 18x20 string patterns, but I felt like when I need the spin or lift to dig a ball out I was left hanging. Other racquets I have demoed and owned have better balance over control and feel while retaining enough power for me to handle less optimal balls. This is by no means a bad racquet, just didn't offer me enough of what I needed.
From: Nicholas, 5/14

Comments: Excellent choice for an advanced player who likes to get aggressive on his service game. This is my longest-serving stick and the one I've been using for more than 3 years and I've had more good moments and only very few bad moments with this stick. First impression I had was the feel without worries of doing harm my arm. The only thing that scares people is the weight of this stick, but you don't have to be super muscular to get to know with this stick. I don't have big arms like most of my friends at my tennis club but I can still produce big shots and big serves, the key is to play the way this stick offers you best (power and control). Inside the court this is one of the most flexible stick I've ever played with, I can hit corner shots, killer drop shots, and low slices with confidence. Come at the net this is when it gets tricky, the nature of this racquet makes it tough to get much power on my volleys. Sometimes the racquet feels very "one-sided," you can get control at the net but with little power or the other way around, otherwise drop volleys feel fantastic. Serve potential is great, topspin lobs are unreturnable, defense to attack transition is rapid. String: Technifibre X-One Biphase 16 strung at around 56/57 lbs (I need to try to lower my string tension to get a bigger sweet spot, and try a thinner one to get monster spin).
From: Renan, 4/14

Comments: Savor your IG Prestige Mid! Its so much better than the new Graphene line in every way! Feels so much more solid and plush!

Comments: Great stick for doubles, stable, great control and adequate power with a low swingweight.
From: Keith, 4/14

Comments: Having played with a player's sticks, such as the St. Vincent Pro Staff, Ultra 2 mid, POG series 90' and Yonex frames, I wanted to give the Prestige Mid a chance. What I actually got was the Midplus because the seller accidentally sent the MP, instead of the midsize. Of course, I was disappointed and wanted to send it back, but it actually was a blessing in disguise. The IGPMP felt so solid and was much more forgiving than the player's racquets I've gotten used to. I can generate my own power, so I did not notice any lack of it what so ever. It does feel tinny and flimsy compared to the older sticks, but I guess all new sticks are like that and can't really compare them to the best sticks of the 80's because 80's sticks are heavy and rock solid. That being said, when the vibration absorber is used, the feel is incredible, the power is abundant, extremely easy to maneuver with great serve potential. It's pure joy to play and is the best new stick I've played with in a long, long time. I think I'm going to keep this racquet for a long, long time.
From: Max, 11/13

Comments: I feel like I've "graduated" to this amazing IG Prestige MP racquet. I've been playing with the IG Radical MP for a couple of years and loved it, playing mostly around the 3.5 level. But recently, I've been playing against 4.0+ players, and I felt that the Radical was too unstable and twisted against heavy shots. That's when I decided I needed more weight and tried out the Prestige. Like everyone says, the feel of the Prestige is silky smooth and solid. But the best part for me is the stability when I play against big hitters, on the baseline and at the net. The only downside for me so far is, because of the heavier swingweight, my overheads right now are a little slower than with the Radical, but that will just take practice. I have this strung with the Luxilon ALU Power 16 at 52 lbs and have no complaints at all with the feel. I feel like this will be my racquet of choice for the long term!
From: Tony, 11/13

Comments: I'm a 4.5 player that plays three to four times a week. I've noticed a lot of people saying they lack power with this racquet and that's what I initially felt. I actually smiled when I realized this and saw an opportunity to take big whacks at the ball. The power is there if the technique and the patience is there. Groundstrokes and volleys have amazing depth. Touch shots drop wherever you'd like and slices skid even more. Even counter punching with the ball on the rise for defensive shots had excellent depth and pace. Aiming for angles and corners are a piece of cake with this sniper. What I recommend is to tinker with the strings, find yourself a suitable set up. The 18x20 pattern lacks spin so I went with RPM 17 on mains and NXT on crosses (both at 52 lbs) and the results were outstanding. My kick serve shoots up high with wherever I want to put it and my flats have that extra pop with this set up. I'll be using this racquet for a half a decade or more. Fantastic racquet if you know how to wield it.
From: Rai, 9/13

Comments: If you take a big cut at the ball, this racquet is definitely worth a try. Power level can be varied by what type of string and tension you use. Luxilon ALU power at 51 lbs gave me loads of controllable power while Head Sonic Pro 17 at 52 lbs gave me more control with little less power. Great stability at the net. Overall, a true players frame and must demo for 4.5+ with big swings.
From: SK, 4/13

Comments: I demo'd this racquet and decided to get it. It is amazing! I switched from the Babolat Aeropro Drive GT and needed a more powerful racquet to fit my game.

Comments: Having always been a devout i Prestige MP user, I can say that this YOUTEK version is the first Prestige that gets close. To get the most out of these frames 1) do not string them tighter than 53 lbs as they become extremely 'boardy' and the sweet spot all but disappears 2) use the soft orange Head Djoko dumby (or similar) as opposed to the hard one that comes with the racquet - this eliminates the pingy noise/vibrations alluded to in the below threads. Follow this advice and you'll have yourself a sweet handling bat - love the paint job, much nicer metallic red than the newer IG version.

Comments: I switched from the Aeropro Drive Cortex and love this racquet. It feels so smooth and solid when hitting the ball - very comfortable.

Comments: Simply stunning. Read all the other comments then noticed that no other reviews for any other stick are so consistently agreeable. I have 3 strung at 54lbs with Alu Rough and I love the control, precision, power and feel. If you take a big cut at the ball and sometimes lack control just go get one.

Comments: Great racquet! I switched to this from the Babolat Aero Storm Tour GT and it was the best choice for my game. The swingweight along with the static weight is a great combination for my one handed backhand, and this racquet has great power. Overall, this is the best racquet I could've found and it has skyrocketed my game.
From: Jaylen, 1/13
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 16g mains / Tecnifibre X-one Biphase 17g crosses @ 55/56 lbs

Comments: I'm a college tennis player. I switched from the Babolat Pure Drive to this because I needed a little more control, and I'm not looking back. This racquet still has all of the power you need, but comes with the control as well. It's easy to yield and pocket shots. The one downside is that the clear grommets turn yellow after being out in the sun for a few months, and even chip off. This can easily be fixed by forgoing the cosmetics and replacing the clear grommets with black grommets from the Prestige Youtek. All in all, a GREAT players frame that adds some flare to your game.
From: Lewis, 1/13

Comments: Coming from Estusa Power Beam Pro, the Head Prestige Midplus is significantly less demanding. It's forgiving on off-center shots (even without lead tape), and very comfortable. The racquet balance is somewhat perfect. The power is up to the player and string tension though. I changed the grip right away to a leather grip for more feel. This is a superb racquet.
From: Andreas, 12/12
String type and tension: Ashaway Crossfire 17g @ 52/50 lbs

Comments: I totally agree with the last Michael's opinion with the leather grip. But I went one step further. I ordered in the IG Speed (Djokovic) racquet grip mold and I'm having it put on mine.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Control @ 53 lbs

Comments: This is great racquet with a great paint job. For some players it's great as is, and for the rest it's too light, without plowthrough and a light swingweight. For me, it was some of each. Guys, what I do at first to make a difference is change the grip (95% of pros use a leather grip). So, change the grip and you will have 8-10 grams more, and your Prestige will be great with a better touch. If it's still too light after that add some lead tape.
String type and tension: Babolat Discovery 1.30mm @ 53/51 lbs

Comments: What a racquet! It's the first time I've had an 18/20 racquet and I love it. First, I needed to adjust my grip, to open it a bit, especially on my forehand, and now it's great. I get easy topspin, and power is exactly as it should be, with no fear of over hitting. I found that I like it strung loose (52lbs max). The only problem is that I bought two of them and the handle sizes and shapes are very different. It took me a month to fix it with other replacement grips from Wilson, but in the end it was worth it.
From: Edi, 9/12
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II @ 51lbs

Comments: I really like this racquet! My only complaint about it is that it doesn't have enough depth in my shots and its slower too. It needs more plow through so I'm going to add lead tape to it and see if that will make a difference. Other than that it's a great overall racquet that I'm happy with. It's true about the precision of this stick, it's like a scalpel on the court that you can hit with without the worry of over hitting. I find the serves to be slower and you're providing more of your own power to hit the ball as well as spin because of the tight 18x20 string pattern. I think I'm going to try out the HEAD Youtek IG Prestige Pro which has an open 16x19 string pattern, and make the Prestige MP my backup racquet. I love Head!
From: Kim, 8/12

Comments: Demo'd this racket back to back with the IG Radical MP. Tried using the Radical first but it felt too lightweight, unstable and tinny. I'm sure it would feel much better with some added lead. As soon as I picked up the Prestige it felt much more familiar in the hand and there was little to no adjustment required. My regular hitting mate was down 5-0 in the first set (6-1) where usually I might only be a break up. Short balls and second serves were dealt with no mercy, and the ability of this racquet to place the ball exactly where you want is almost telepathic. I was able to produce some ridiculous angles on the return of serve especially with offensive forehands from the ad-court. Compared to other rackets demo'd (APDGT & PDGT) this was much more consistent and didn't have any weaknesses. My regular hitting partner commented on how very few unforced errors I'd made during the match. I like to really go hard for the corners, pushing my opponent out of court to set up a baseline winner. Consistently landing deep and near the line allowed me to come to the net, which I rarely do. This is insane for volleys! Never missed a volley all match and put most of them away for a winner. Super stable yet maneuverable enough to get the racquet into great position early. Topspin was readily available, as normally I prefer a more open string pattern as I hit with heavy spin on the forehand. Some balls that felt definitley long off the racquet actully dropped in and I was left high and dry as my opponent continued the point where I had walked back to the service line ready to serve/return for the next point. With serves I felt that taking a bit of speed off the swing allowed the racquet to do all the work with the heft managing all the pace. All you need to do is aim. When I did really wind up for a big serve they were deep and very heavy. My opponent's Head YT Extreme was being twisted around in his grip. Swinging serves from the deuce court were no problem considering the tight string pattern. It is a low powered racquet so you need to bring that to the game. Short, stabby returns aren't going to cut it, so if this is your style of play choose something else. If you take a reasonable swing at the ball you will be rewarded with pinpoint accuracy. This encourages you to play with more confidence and really go for your shots instead of being "safe". The weight is noticeable but it didnt leave me tired after a set like the Prestige Pro did. If it sounds like I loved this racquet you are correct. The only downside is that I dont already have this in my collection. I still want to demo some other rackets (Bab PSTour, Wilson PS95) before I fork out my cash, but they would have to be in another realm to be better than this.
From: Greg, 8/12
String type and tension: Head RIP Control 17g @ 54 lbs

Comments: This is an awesome racquet. I enjoy every aspect of using it. The best aspects are serves, overheads and volleys. Ground strokes are solid. This racquet is incredibly maneuverable and allows you to quickly switch from defense to offense. The only thing you need to be careful with is the return of serve, as it's not as forgiving as some heftier racquets but it more than makes up for that in overall maneuverability. I added 1/4 inch lead tape at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions to make it even more solid. I play full poly Kirschbaum Evolution strings and re-gripped it with Head leather grips and original Tourna grip XL. Lastly the color/paint job is beautiful.
From: CA, 8/12
String type: Kirschbaum Pro Line Evolution 17g

Comments: Head Prestige IG MP + leather grip = Heaven
From: Juliano, 8/12

Comments: I switched from a Prince 03 because I was looking for a more aggressive racquet. I have more maneuverability with this racquet, but I do need to push the ball more than my Prince. I think this will give me a more offensive game where I need to take more chances in the court as opposed to staying behind the baseline and having my Prince take care of things in the backcourt. It's too early to tell though as it's been only a week now. Cheers!

Comments: The added comfort of this year's version is worth updating from the previous model. It is an improvement in pretty much every department except touch shots and there it is very close, just more dampened. I feel like there is more power on tap here too. It is a Prestige, so you should never be surprised that this is a solid racquet for well developed players.
String type and tension: Weisscannon Silverstring @ 55 lbs

Comments: I tested this stick as part of playtest of over dozen racquets, including the latest Prestige Pro and Speed MP 18/20 models from Head Range. It is a very good stick and it would be my first choice slightly ahead of the Pro and Speed MP if it was not for the disconcerting pingy noise even after trying it with 3 different dampeners. I have no idea why it should be so, because I could play with Prestige Pro without a dampener and there was hardly any pinging noise. The Prestige MP generates great spin for 18/20 pattern racket and the directional control is better then Prestige Pro. The power is down on the Prestige Pro but the lighter swingweight makes it easier to defend when stretched wide. Serves are good and consistent although it was easier to generate spinny 2nd serves with the PrPro. The return of serve was better (depth and directional control) when you hit the sweetspot but PrPro was more forgiving on balls hit outside the sweet spot (i.e. they still landed past the service line). The flex was strange (i.e. felt higher then 62 listed as a spec). I felt that Prestige Pro was playing softer then Prestige MP, but it might have been the effect of different strings. For some strange reason I tend to choose either Prestige MP or Prestige Pro in alternate years of playtesting and the Prestige MP seems better this year then the Prestige Pro if you can live with the strange noise. I just hope it was result of some production defect in my test racquet?

Comments: Best racquet I have ever used. It has a perfect weight that doesn't feel to heavy but gives enough mass to penetrate the ball at maximum velocity. The flex rate feels very soft compared to the Babolat Pure Drive. I recommend this racquet to people that can generate a lot of power because of the low power level. Again, this is the best racquet I have ever used.
String type: Gosen Poly Hybrid

Comments: What an incredible racket! I recently switched from a Babolat AeroPro Drive GT to this one, what a difference. The AeroPro Drive was not really suited for my one handed backhand, but I bought it on a whim. This time I demoed the Dunlop Biomimetic 100, Youtek Radical and Youtek Prestige IG. I have never played this well, my backhand is now as dangerous as my forehand, serve is incredible. I can't stress this any more: this is the best racket I've ever played with.

Comments: I am very impressed with this stick. I have it strung up with a soft poly at 50 lbs and it plays great. A mix of accuracy combined with comfort on all shots including topspin, slice, drop,serve, and volleys. It has a very well rounded feel.
From: Mesa, 5/12

Comments: This stick offers so much control! It did take me some time to adjust from my Babolat AeroPro Drive but once I started taking longer/faster strokes, I found the real power in this racquet. I strongly recommend this racquet for any player looking for control and a nice crisp feel.
From: Hunter, 5/12
String type and tension: Head FXP, 55 lbs

Comments: I've gone from a Babolat Pure Drive (which I found nice but big feeling with too much power) to a Head Radical YOUTEK MP (a lot more control but very light feeling but helped with lead tape) to a Head YOUTEK Prestige MP. Wow, what an amazing racquet! I was a bit apprehensive at first as I did demo it but was told me I wouldn't be disappointed. Not at all disappointed! I"m not at a high level yet but i hit the ball hard and deep with a full stroke, which is very much needed with this gem. It's definitely improved my game already. It's difficult to use, you need to really focus on the ball and have a good swing but when you find that sweet spot you can place the ball where ever you like. Great at the net, very powerful on serves and amazing touch. I will try another hybrid set up next, probably Luxilon at 53 lbs and Wilson Sensation at 53 to 55 lbs. Give it a go, it will improve your game.
From: Dev, 4/12
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Spiky Shark at 55 lbs, Wilson Hollow Core at 57lbs

Comments: I won't sit here and gush about all the positive attributes of this racket - better to look at what's bad about it .... Ummmmm, let me think .... no, sorry, can't come up with anything. This new IG Prestige MidPlus racket seriously has no flaws - it feels unbelievably solid in every department. You can see why the Prestige has been around for 25 yrs 'virtually' unchanged. Put simply, if you're at a half decent level you'll be hard pushed to find a better weapon - I luv it!!! PS. Excellent advise given to me - don't string it up higher than 53lbs.

Comments: One of the best rackets I played with, having said that. There are so many different rackets and string combinations which can be used and saying a racket is very good one is a personal choice, but for me who likes to take big swings at almost every ball, liked this racket a lot. The racket gave me a softer (less vibration) feel compared to the older Youtek racket and gave me a bit more confidence, overall a great racket.
From: Andre, 4/12

Comments: I really like this racquet, though I only demoed it for a day so far. My serves have amazing spin and placement. This racquet as the best precision of all racquets. Though with synthetic strings, it was too low powered for me. I love slicing but I had trouble getting spin and getting it over the net. I am really thinking about adding this racquet as my backup, incase my game gets unstable one day with my customized EXO3 Tour.
From: Will, 4/12

Comments: This racquet feels great. Contrary to some reviews, I think this racquet feels much better than the Youtek version. Although the specs of both racquets are similar, the IG's weight feels more well distributed, and all my ground strokes feel incredibly silky and smooth, something which I did not always experience with the previous version. I'm able to hit the ball wherever I want, and it's especially good for aggressive, flat hitting. When it comes to the serve, the control is great. My first serve, which is flat, is extremely effective. Initially, I had some trouble generating kick for the second serve, but after switching to an eastern backhand grip for my second serve, I can hit my kick serve right in the backhand corner everytime. Volleying with this racquet is as good as ever, which goes without saying for the prestige series. The most important thing about this racquet is to have it strung at a relatively low tension. I have it strung with the ALU Power at 51 lbs for the mains, and 53 lbs on the crosses with NXT 16. I recommend this racquet to any big hitter who is looking for control, while not giving up the ability to generate tremendous amounts of pace.
From: Faiz, 3/12

Comments: Every now and then I like to go out and demo a bunch of racquets. Not only is it fun but it focuses me and gives me feedback about how I am playing and generating my shots and the possibilities that exist with different racquets (given my style and competency). This will be a great racquet for some people but for me it was too light and too head heavy for my top spin backhand - I drive from ground up and found the weight in the racquet head controlling my stroke. Maybe it is something I could get used to. Maybe the heavier Pro with a more open string pattern will suit my style better.
From: Alan, 3/12

Comments: First of all, I must say TW's Staff did an excellent job in checking and posting the specs for this racquet. Mine is exactly 11.9 oz strung with 7 or 6 points headlight, and the swing weight is very low, like 310 to 315 max. Great job TW's Staff and thanks for your awesome video reviews. After hitting a few balls from the baseline, I knew I really liked this racquet. Low swing weight hence it's very easy to swing, but it's very stable. Spin comes naturally. Serving with this racquet is very easy for snapping and kicking. Also this racquet is super solid at net and easy to maneuver. What I love most about it is its stiffness, just exactly what I wanted. It's just slightly stiffer than the IG Rad MP. In conclusion, all I can say is awesome stick. Great job, Head. And beautiful works TW's staff. Thanks.
From: Danny, 3/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Power Rough, 55 lbs
Headsize: IG Prestige MP

Comments: This racquet must be put at a low string tension. Max 53. Very light feeling. Nice sweetspot.
From: Amber, 2/12

Comments: Best stick I have ever hit with in 22 years. It is solid on center, holds very well on off-center shots, great spin especially with a 17 gauge (at 18X20 you should certainly play with a thinner gauge), it is solid on volleys/serve and even one-handed slice backhand.

Comments: I've been using this racket for a few weeks now and I love it! It's a 98 but it gives you the feel of a 93. Strings up pretty tight though. I put Luxilon Original in at 48lbs and it still feels pretty tight. Obviously a racket more suited to people that play regularly at a high level. Very powerful and spin friendly but is harsh off the edges. Overall a racket that is suited to powerful players with good technique and remember grind hard!!
From: Earl Heffner, 2/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Original, 48lbs

Comments: I had been hitting with this racquet for about a week (as well as the pro) but this is one of the best racquets I have ever used. Great on the serve perfect on volleys just a great frame. As mentioned I would put a dampener on it because without it you can feel vibrations. I am happy to say I switched to it after my local Head rep. gave it to me to try out, definitely worth a demo.
From: Frankie, 2/12

Comments: A hint of vibration without a dampener, but once you put a dampener in, this frame feels incredibly silky. Every shot felt solid and control was sublime from all areas of the court. Feels like there is more controllable power on tap compared to the previous generation (non-IG). I can take big cuts on both wings sans fear of the ball flying. Some people say that the 98 is really a 95, but this frame offers plenty of forgiveness whilst allowing for the control and power that I expect from a 90 to 93 square inch head. Totally comfortable, no wrist, elbow, or shoulder discomfort. Overall, for someone with developed strokes, I think this might be as good as it gets.

Comments: This stick feels great but strangely has slightly less plow through than my old Head Instinct. Great accuracy on the serve but no power. Having said that I won three out of four sets of doubles with it. It's also the 2nd coolest looking racquet I've seen (2nd to the black kBlades). Slicing is pretty nice on it.
From:

Comments: I've played with the head youtek prestige MP for about 14 months and I am a big fan, so I was eager to try the new stick with IG. Being a bit of a fanatic, I decided to just go for it and pre-order the IG version without a demo. I'm not disappointed. The swing weight, power, spin potential, all feel about the same, but I do notice a more solid (less vibration) feel when striking the ball - I assume due to the IG. I don't know if the teflon grommet strip factors in, but this frame feels more forgiving to me. Like its predecessor, this racquet swings very easy, but has heavy plow through on groundstrokes and volleys due to high static weight. I strung the new one like the previous - I have to string with a thinner gauge (17), at lower end of tension range (53) to get depth consistency. My game plan is big serve, big forehand, baseliner, with one-handed backhand. I think Head has improved on an already fantastic stick...I consider myself converted and give the Head Presitige MP IG two thumbs up!
From: Royce, 1/12

Comments: This is much closer to the classic prestige tour. Plays like a dream. Serves with great power and spin, kick serves jump so nice. Very easy on arm. plenty of spin and plow through on ground strokes. A must try for 4.0-6.5 ..great players frame..

Comments: One word SUPERB. Had the demo for about three weeks. Coming from ProStaff 85 and Blx 90. This racket was easy to use right away. Comparing to the Ampifeel on the Blx, the innegra pretty much achieved the same objectives which is to eliminate the unwanted racket vibration that a mere dampener will not cure. I would say this racket has maintained the crispness and the effective sound feedback needed for consistent stroke production. Comparing to the new Radical Pro, this is arguably more control oriented and less spin friendly (would definitely add couple of this model to the bag).

Comments: I tried this before it came out and I must say that it did not feel as good as my youtek prestige. To me, it is just a paint job and they changed the balance to make it a little bit more head heavy, which is cool because the balance is similar to my racquet with lead tape. The strings that were on it were probably sonic pro so that also added on to the terrible feeling. I did not feel the IG technology at all and I think sticking with the older models is better choice.
String type and tension:Volkl Cyclone 18, 60lbs