Head YOUTEK IG Radical S Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I'm in my early 40s and getting back to playing weekly after a 15 year hiatus (was a NTRP 4.5 player- now 3.5). Used a Wilson ProStaff Classic 6.1 for years, but now it is too heavy and demanding. I tried a Dunlop AG4D500Tour (strung with copoly/Volkl Cyclone) thinking it would be a nice, solid stick to start back with -- it just felt too hollow, stiff and powerful (I have a med-full swing so I was overhitting my groundstrokes). Then tried a lighter players stick -- Head YTIG Speed300 strung with copoly/Tourna Black Zone -- nice feel, touch, spin (almost too much) and maneuverability, but just didn't have enough control and oomph for defensive shots. Happened to also run across my brother's old Head Ti Radical MP, wow, I had never swung with it, but what control and feel the old Radical has -- it can swing and aim with precision, just not enough power and the sweetspot is a bit small. I liked the Radical feel so much that I bought the YT IG Radical S after seeing the tweener specs (I knew then I needed a tweener stick), no need for a demo! What a nice combo of power, control, feel, touch, and maneuverability. Groundstrokes are very solid and controlled -- I can easily aims shots even if I swing out. Volleys are crisp and easily directed. Serves are accurate and powerful. This stick is certainly a sleeper as it does not get a lot of press, but I can tell you it has made a big difference in my play after a month -- consistency has improved markedly. I may try the MP version and/or will buy one more S version before they sell out (as don't know if I'll like the Graphene version). String type and tension: Lux Adrenaline 125, 52 lbs.

Comments: I demoed this, and on the first day I felt like it was great -- had good access to spin and power when I needed it. The next day, I started hitting with it again and it just killed my hand. The next morning, I felt like I had arthritis and I couldn't even lift anything up with that hand. This racquet is good, but it killed my wrist and hand.
From: Justin, 8/13

Comments: After using the Babolat Pure Drive Lite GT for the last 2 years I wanted to switch to a frame with similar specs, but not as stiff. I playtested a few models by different manufacturers and this one blew me away. I was able to hit deep and precise groundstrokes with little effort and the spin was amazing. The racquet has a very low swingweight so it's easy to maneuver and significantly less tiring on my arm compared to my old Babolat (although it weighs exactly the same). Overall, this is light but very solid frame which offers excellent control and maneuverability - perfect for a female player who wants to enhance her game!
From: Freya, 3/13

Comments: This racquet is lightweight and maneuverable, yet more stable on volleys than my prior racquet (Dunlop 4D 550 light). Stringing at the low range can give you tremendous spin. Serves carry a significant amount of pop. Overall, one of the most stable and powerful of the under 10 ounce racquets available.
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage, 48 lbs

Comments: This is a very light and maneuverable racquet. However, it is low in power and in feel (the Innegra fiber works too well). The Head Youtek IG Instinct S is a better alternative.

Comments: Excellent control and soft feel yet still sufficient power. Fairly forgiving and able to get good spin on serves and ground strokes. Great maneuverability and feel at net.
From: Adiran West, 1/12