Head YOUTEK IG Speed Lite Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: This is really a great racquet! I tested if I can lower the tension from 22 lbs to 15 lbs, and the Head Speed Lite can still handle it. I am using a Polygut 17 SilverSky, and you can just imagine how you will play tennis if you're going to use special strings at 15 lbs tension setting. Players with ample control can try this and still hit hard with a full swing style.
From: Alexander, 8/12
String type and tension: Polygut 17g @ 15 lbs

Comments: To say the least, this is a great racquet. Thanks to Head!!! I was using a Head TiS5 before and wanted to play with a heavier frame, but not above 10 oz. I think this is the answer. There's no vibrations and it's easy to swing. I use semi-western grip with this frame and play with a tension as low as 22 lbs. Boy the power is really good. For older players with a sound stroke and positioning in doubles try this at 22 lbs.
From: Alexander, 7/12

Comments: I reported on this frame back in March 2011. I wanted to pass along some tips to anyone thinking of buying this frame. For me, this racquet is the perfect base for modification. Out of the box, the racquet is too light for my game. If you are good at modifying a frame you can make this racquet a very effective weapon. Starting with weight, add enough weight to get the racquet over 11 ounces. I wanted to keep the HH balance, so I added lead at 3, 9 and 6 with some silicone in the handle. The sweetspot in this racquet is a bit higher than dead center, where most of us hit the ball. The sweetspot in very big with a HH balance. My racquet weighs 11.2 ounces strung. When I first saw the stiffness rated at 67 I was concerned for my elbow. I can say that the stiffness has not had any negative affect on my elbow or shoulder. It feels more like a 62 but this may be due to the silicone in the handle. Deadens things up really well. I have to say this is the best grip shaped Head racquet and is more like a Wilson. I drove myself nuts trying to create a grip shape like this on my old Prestiges.. Since my initial purchase of two of these frames I have been slowly bringing the tension further down. I now string it at 58 lbs and the power/control aspect seems to have found a match. Over 62 is too tight for this frame. The light weight still gets pushed around on hard driven balls at the net but I think that is more of my technique and not the fault of the racquet. I tend to "block" net balls and a heavier racquet might do better in that situation.
From: Mark. 1/12
String type and tension: Synthetic gut du jour at 58lbs.

Comments: I have tried all types of racquets from different companies, like Babolat, Wilson, Prince, and Dunlop. But the Head YOUTEK IG Speed Lite is very comfortable and is very maneuverable. It is excellent for all parts of my game. Good job Head! I recommend all tennis players to try it out. It is simply amazing and made me a better player.
From: Sonza, 8/11
String type and tension: Wilson Extreme 16 white

Comments: This racquet really was a great fit for me when I went to some money tournaments in France. It provides power and control for the heavy hitters. It allows you to serve big and also have spin and placement. It gives you good shots for groundstrokes.
From: Eddie. 07/11
String type and tension: rpm balst on 61

Comments: I was looking for a lightweight control racquet I could whip through on forehand and two-hander. This fit the bill. Good racquet for all court game. Needs some adjustment to serve hard, but this generally worked itself out in a week. If you are an older player who plays competitively but tends to develop arm/shoulder fatigue playing everyday, this might be for you.
From: Jay. 6/11
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @ 57 lbs

Comments: Very nice midplus frame. I was nervous about trying a racquet this light. Solid and did not feel hollow like so many other light tweener frames. Added some lead in throat and at 3 and 9. Great from the baseline. Big sweetspot. Serves had plenty of action on them. The lightweight allowed good wrist snap. A little flimsy at net on hard balls. Not a players frame but a very manageable tweener. If you have been playing with a players frame and need a bigger sweetspot with a bit more "pop" then this may be the frame for you.
From: Mark, San Luis Obispo, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: TW Demo (?)
Headsize: 102 in.

Comments: Great racket. I just switched from last year's (non-IG) Speed Lite and this one is better. I can tell a lot by the sound of the ball on the strings, and this one has a much more resonant ping. More control, more precision, more power, more spin...just a better stick.
From: Richard, Berthoud, CO, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 17, 623 pounds

Comments: I just purchased this racquet and used it for the first time in a match this weekend. Great feeling. At net volley's were crisp, and my serves had a ton of action on them. I went down in headsize (from a 110) for this racquet, and it really helped with generating a lot of topspin. It's light, but I'm a bigger guy and I generate a lot of my own power. Highly recommend this racquet.
From: Troy, Atlanta, GA, USA, 02/11