Comments: I am a 3.5-4 player. Coming from Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200, Biomimetic 2.0. I love control Dunlop offered, however the sticks were to heavy for me. After a set, I would get arm fatigue. I figured from the reviews and specs that Head IG Speed Elite would be a good choice. However, after hitting few times I not sold. Way too much power. I feel I can hit 2 court lengths. I will try some lead and will try to get used to playing with it, but don't know if it will work. Strung with Volkl Cyclone 16 at 55 lbs.
From: Gru, 5/14

Comments: I'm a 4.5 player. I shattered the humerus of my playing arm last year. 9 months later, I was ready to start hitting again but could no longer swing my two leaded-up (345g) Head Radical MG MP - too heavy for my arm and I needed some more oomph but in a softer frame. Tried a few sticks. Prince Rebel 98 Lite (available in Europe) was good, huge sweetspot, but settled on this Head Speed Youtek IG Elite for more of a "Head" feel and grip shape. 22mm beam gives good power, 16x19 good spin, balance/SW makes it play a little heavier without the mass. Feels solid down the shaft, not flimsy. Off-center shots were reasonably forgiving, but a good multi-fillament in 17gauge helped with that. Firm but not harsh, feels a little less than 65RDC, but not as plush as a Radical MG. I've added some lead at 12 o'clock (now 315g with 2 overgrips) to help with my serve whilst my arm regains strength - it is the most consistent performer on serve that I've used. Both sticks weighed exactly 295g, so consistent manufacturing process - rare these days. Tour Lite is a good description but has more power than a Tour model. Not sure I'd go back to playing with something that was any heavier and will eventually take the lead tape off. A very good stick and relieved to be playing again. Thanks Head!
From: Louis, 7/13

Comments: Great racquet for feel and control. I extended the racquet 0.25 inches and for me that was perfect.
From: Jorgen, 6/13

Comments: Updating my previous comments. Man this racquet is awesome. It's hard to believe that after a two year search this is the stick I landed with, but it's the perfect blend of everything. Stiff, without feeling harsh, great directional control, spin is fantastic, pop is just enough, even with a controlled poly or hybrid setup. I just cannot say enough good things about this racquet. Be prepared to add lead as I did, and you may have to tinker with the placement of it until finding that sweetspot. Mine is about 12.3 oz at about 8 pts headlight. I'm a 5.5 level player, string setup is Luxilon Big Banger Original 16 in mains, Tourna Big Hitter 17 Rough in crosses at about 54 lbs.

Comments: With this racquet, my serve is very good and hard, groundstrokes are low powered but hit with good spin. My slice is sharp and my volleys are the best and i=hit with has good accuracy. This racquet is very good for all around players.

Comments: I concur with Jeff. I switched form a very light Head OS (Metallix 4) to this one, mainly to put more bite on the ball and get more control/movement on my serve. It's quite a change - but I feel overall it's better for my arm (tennis elbow since 2005) and my 55 years "young" body. I can't wait to get more match play with it, as I know I'll like it more and more.
From: Alan, 1/13

Comments: I can't explain how much I love this stick. I have 2 of the older white Elites and they are all amazing, but this one is special. I'm using Tecnifibre NRG2 strung at 56 lbs, and it gives me just the right feel. No vibration and great ball pocketing. The lighter weight and 22 mm beam gives me great power and control. I am 56 years young when I use this racquet. It's also great for players concerned about arm pain.

Comments: All I can say about these racquets is wow! Absolutely amazing! I was playing with a Liquidmetal Four and decided it was time for a new racquet. So I decided on the Youtek IG Speed Elites and man did I pick a fantastic racquet. These racquets are absolutely amazing. Although the sweetspot is substantially smaller than the LM4, the racquet hits like a dream. I was able to get so much touch from the D3O technology and it was able to just give me so much more control for my game. Although it took away from my power it definitely made up for it with power. This made my kick serve definitely kick up more. My serve went from just kicking up, to curving left and kicking back to the right very sharply and with extreme height. The only flaw with this racquet is that when you hit outside the sweetspot, it can be rather jarring or shaky, but if you just toughen through it, the ball still lands where you want it. This racquet is a tad bit underpowered though, so I recommend stringing at a lower tension. Once I throw some Volkl Cyclone in this baby, it'll be absolutely perfect. In my opinion, this racquet is definitely a must demo.
String type and tension: Head Syn Gut PPS 17g @ 57 lbs

Comments: I loved my O3 White Prince racquets for pretty much every shot, but wanted a thinner beam and less "trampoline" effect than the 03 ports provide. I figured that this Youtek IG Speed Elite from Head, being the exact same headsize, stiffness, and string pattern would provide a similar type of response with a less clunky beam. For once I hit the nail on the head. It's an awesome stick with no weakness. It plays almost identical as far as power level and spin potential with that O3 White. Its volleys are far more reliable too with no trampoline feel from the stringbed. For most 4.5+ level players you will want to add weight, as I did at 10 and 2. My final setup is 11.9 oz strung with a balance point at about 32 cm. This is the perfect example of a racquet thats stiffness is firm and pushes through the shot without feeling harsh at all. I love it and have finally found a racquet I like on all shots. Thank goodness the search is finally over.
String type and tension: Tourna Big Hitter Black 7 16g @ 58 lbs

Comments: The combination of this racquet and Lightning XX 17g string is amazing. I didn't need to make any changes in my stroke and it instantly become my reliable stick. The power generated by this racquet is also great. I didn't go to the net so often but I made 2-3 stop volleys effectively. I can't wait for another session of practice. Good job Head!
From: Ario, 12/12
String type: Prince Lightning XX 17g

Comments: I don't even know where to begin. I'm a 4.0 player and have been playing with junior-type racquets for a few years. The last racquet I used was a Wilson Exclusive. I'm betting that 99% of you reading this have no idea what this racquet is. I've since been itching to try a Head racquet. I did my research, saved up money and took a chance in buying this racquet a few days ago. At first, I had a similar experience as one of the other commenters below; I couldn't hit a decent ball with it and the strings and racquet felt weird and just not right. I knew that I probably needed some time to get used to it, but I almost had a feeling of regret. I convinced myself that it was the strings and just forgot about it and thought that I would get a different string next time. Yesterday, I played another session. I don't know what happened, but I had a completely different experience. I cannot state enough how absolutely amazing this racquet is. I've never got this much power and spin/topspin with a racquet, ever! As previously mentioned, if you do not hit the sweet spot, you don't get value but my gosh, when you do, you don't even feel the ball going off the racquet. I was hitting winners like crazy. The ball was flying past my opponent and it felt amazing. I've never felt this level of comfort, power and spin with any racquet. I'm using the Head FXP Power string at 75 pounds. This was, without doubt, the best racquet purchase I've ever made. I wouldn't recommend this racquet for junior players. I feel this is more for advanced players. I would recommend this racquet to anyone who is looking to take their game up a level.
From: Nizaam, 11/12
String type and tension: Head FXP Power @ 75 lbs

Comments: This is a very good, solid feeling racquet which can be customized.
From: Rashid, 11/12

Comments: The racquet is awesome. I have a good forehand and this racquet has made it even better. I am able to freely stroke the ball and my weak backhand has become a solid and good one now. It's very light too.
From: Guhan, 10/12
String type and tension: Head UltraTour @ 60lbs

Comments: I actually like the older (non IG) version better. Feels more solid to me. I seem to be in the minority with this opinion but I am sticking to it. Overall though, a great racquet for juniors or those who want a lighter racquet that combines some of the attributes of "modern" and "traditional". My son uses these, but he also likes the older version better.
From: Jon, 6/12

Comments: I have used this racquet since I had started playing. The older version was good but the new version is better than the older because it gives great feel while hitting it has make my game more consistent and powerful. However if the ball hit outside the sweet spot it is very difficult to control the ball. It helps me to generate more power without using body weight. Overall, it is a good racquet for juniors.
From: Shashank, 5/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast, 65lbs

Comments: This racquet was great for me even though it was slightly heavier than my other type of Head Speed. I liked it a lot.
From: Novak, 2/12

Comments: I really have this racket because of its weight and because of its power- it's just the right one for my game. I'm 13 years old with aggressive shots and it helped me a lot even with spin shots, it's a little bit unbalanced.
From: Abdelrahman, Egypt, 1/12
String type: Luxilon Alu Power Rough
Headsize: 100 s.q inch

Comments: At first I was not impressed with this racket, but when I got my swing down I was hitting winners like crazy. Unless you have a decent full swing, this racket won't do anything for you. I am able to hit powerful cross court shots with ease now. Great racket.
From: Hari 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 55 lbs

Comments: I have the older Speed Elite and I wanted to try the new one since they stopped making the old version. Wow was I shocked. The new version has so much more touch and my shots have more spunk on them. My game has elevated since switching to the new model. I am very happy with it. I agree with a previous comment of how it allows you to generate your own power without the weight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the mid weight racquets.
From: Barry, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast, 58 lbs

Comments: Just purchased 2 of these sticks because of a couple of reasons. First, it felt great when I picked it up, the balance, weight, feel, etc. The second reason was the price 75 USD for 1 stick. After 2 hours of playing, it felt great, although it's not too forgiving on mistimed shots and frame shots. At 285 grams unstrung it is very maneuverable and I had no problem generating ample power into my groundstrokes. However I'll probably add some lead tape at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o,'clock eventually. I tend to slice a lot on my defensive shots and seemed to get great depth especially on my backhand side. All in all, I'm very satisfied with these sticks and recommend them for anyone who's looking for something lighter but can generate their own power and want a bit of extra mustard without the weight.
From: Jeremy, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat

Comments: I demo'd quite a few frames before purchasing this one. I liked the fact it had a solid feel for a lighter racquet. I did have to put some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock but after that it has been flawless. Very arm friendly and I have no issues generating spin and power. But as with all the Youtek line, I do have to warn that anything hit outside that sweet spot makes the stick unstable and tough to control shots. It does wobble on me and dead balls anything outside the sweet spot but I am guessing it is more technique than technology.
From: Nash, 8/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction at 53 lbs

Comments: I love this racquet so much! I can generate a lot of topspin with this racquet. The only bad thing is that I find it low powered but that isn't much of a problem as I can generate my own power. I would recommend this racquet to a person who is looking for a racquet that can generate topspin and a person that can generate their own power and not rely on their racquet to provide the power. I would also recommend stringing this racquet with a poly and with a lower tension to give it more of a kick!
From: Raemuel, 8/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code gauge 17, 54 lbs

Comments: I agree with Rafal's and Roberto's reviews. The IG Speed Elite is an improvement over the previous 2009 version. The biggest thing that is fixed is the power level. Now you can hit strong serves and baseline shots. Stability is improved as well. Nice job, Head.
From: Eric, Oakland County, MI, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16

Comments: Though I was initially skeptical (supposing Innegra is just marketing issue) I must admit new speed elite is vast improvement to previous version. Having played with previous model I noticed much more stability and control with "Innegra update"; no vibrations is the first noticeable difference. The other feeling is that ball somehow stays longer on strings.
I was first tempted by 300 g Youtek Speed MP but it is definitely closer to players racquet, for me less maneuverable and especially less forgiving with off center shots, I had also some problems with keeping the ball long, maybe it requires proper technique (L5 - long swing)
I think new Innegra Speed Elite is perfect tweener. Waiting for TW review (TW staff - will there be any ?)
From: RAFAL, Poland, 03/11
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Fluoro/BB Ace
(Rafal, we do not currently have this racquet on the schedule for a review.--TW Staff)

Comments: Great frame, it has been my racquet of choice since the Youtek 09 model came out. This feels more stable and powerful. Definitely a must try if you're lookin for a frame in between tweener's and player's stick.
From: Roberto, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments:This is the best racquet for juniors player that want speed and control at the same time.
From: D, 02/11

Head Heavy Tennis Racquets
HEAD No.1 Tennis Racquets
Head Tennis Racquets
Standard Length Tweener Tennis Racquets
What Plays Like A Volkl Organix 10 (295g)