Comments: I just got this racquet today and from the first hit, I knew I loved it. I am a baseline player and I feel that this raquet has a lot of control. I could make my shots and make my opponent run a lot.
From: Jake, 8/13

Comments: Super solid with champion control. I like it because I swing it hard and the racquet does not add more power than given. The spin factor is superb.
From: Daniel, 7/13

Comments: This racquet is nice, although stiff and lacks some power. But I can generate spin and it has nice control. I strung it with a hybrid of Babolat synthetic gut and Babolat RPM team.

Comments: I'm a high ranked varsity player and I enjoy this racquet very much when playing against an opponent with groundstrokes and serves that are slower but when I play against someone who hits hard I feel like I get pushed around. Overall, I enjoy it, but be sure to think about lead tape to get some more mass to make it a little more stable.

Comments: The racquet itself is very comfortable and soft, having switched from Babolat. I felt immediate relief in my arms and shoulder. However, the weight of the racquet supports no power, so I weighted my racquet up to 13oz strung and am happy with the results.
From: Anon, 3/13 String type and tension: Hybrid Cyclone main and multi cross at 50 lbs

Comments: I really love the speed and control.
From: Saad, 12/12
String type and tension: Head Master 16L @ 57 lbs

Comments: I really liked this racquet but it does require the player to provide all of the power, as there is little the racquet will give on its own. You can achieve tremendous spin with this racquet and it is very easy to accurately place high speed shots.
From: Brandon, 11/12
String type: Babolat RPM Blast

Comments: I love the control and feel of this racquet. I especially like the fact that it's low powered. I feel like I can hit this as hard as I want and the ball will still be in, and land where I want it to. I will definitely come back for seconds.
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane @ 57 lbs

Comments: I love this racquet! It has amazing control and power.
From: Bill, 11/12

Comments: This is a fun racquet to play with, but it will not help your game unless you are an advanced player or hit really hard. It has a stiff frame and you have to generate all your power unless your string can help you. I switched to the Extreme series and love it. My first racquet was the Wilson Blade Team and it was just amazing to.
From: Jake, 10/12
String type and tension: Babolat XCel @ 56lbs

Comments: I just demoed this racquet and was impressed with the performance it offers. It has such good control and maneuverability at net, and I found volleying crisp and precise with this stick. Also, it helped me generate more kick and pace on serves - more so than my previous IG Radical Mid Plus. One thing with this racquet is that you have to employ the right technique along with fast swing speeds to generate depth and power on ground strokes. It goes without saying that this is an advanced players stick. Well, almost the perfect stick, which almost became my racquet of choice but didn't due to the low power which often requires the action of a discus thrower to generate depth from the baseline. So, in the meantime, I will stay with the Pure Drive GT Standard until I find a better racquet or more suitable one.
String type and tension: Solinco Pro @ 55lbs

Comments: Amazing racquet! I love the control but it also has a perfect amount of power. The spin potential is just as good as an AeroPro and I am switching to it from that! Overall, a perfect blend of power and control. I had it strung at 57lbs with Kirschbaum Pro Line II and was perfect for power and control and good comfort too!
From: Jonathan, 10/12

Comments: I totally agree with Morris, Norris and Borris comments from the 1/12 and the 2/12. I would like to add the fact that this racquet is amazing to absorb James Rea's powerful slap backhands. I'm now capable of hitting huge winners off the amazing Rea's up the line backhand!
From: Dorris, 10/12

Comments: It's a very good racquet, especially with a few grams of lead at 3 and 9.
From: Bane, 9/12
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro @ 60 lbs

Comments: Had it strung with Tecnifibre X1 @ 57 lbs, and tried my darndest to get used to it, but failed. I got so frustrated, I wanted to slam it into the ground. I was ready to give up on it, but analyzed my problem and went up to 60 lbs. On my Babolats, I usually go 53 lbs with the same string, or 55 lbs with RPM Blast 17. I guess because they are stiffer feeling racquets. Now I absolutely love it at 60 lbs! Forehands still return low, but made the adjustment.
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X1 @ 60 lbs

Comments: When I first demoed this racquet, my game improved immediately. I could put more spin on the ball and I could place it where I wanted it to go. My backhands and volleys also improved. This is a very impressive racquet and I would highly recommend it.
From: Cade, 8/12

Comments: I'm not sure exactly what it was, but the feel of the racquet was just weird. It's hard to give you a good indication of anything else because I really couldn't get past that. Maybe if I demo'ed it for longer I would have adapted, but I couldn't seem to get past it.

Comments: I tried many different racquets trying to find something that matched my old Prince Graphite racquets that I played with in college. This racquet is awesome from the baseline on both sides and it works pretty good at the net as well. Crushing serves is no problem either. No wonder the Djoker plays so well with this racquet.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Duo 17 @ 58 lbs

Comments: I tested this racquet as a part of the dozen racquets test including many Head racquets (Prestige MP, PrPro and PrS, Radical Pro, Extreme Pro and MP and Instinct). I decided to buy this one, although I think Prestige MP and Pro are better racquets, because you probably need to be at least 4.5+ level to play well with them over 2 hour matches. I am surprised by comments about the weight/swingweight. I find this racquet surprisingly easy to swing, even when stretched wide on defense. I could generate strokes with proper shape thus achieving sufficient depth and pace (not always the case with Prestige MP and Pro in this situations). I agree with TW video revievers about string choice and racquet stiffness. I really disliked the feel of the racquet with Sonic Pro apart from spin, it plays miles better with multifilament. Stiffness does not feel like 64 at all even with multi, more like 67-68 (i.e. not quite as stiff as some Babolats and Head Extreme racquets), although I have no arm issues at all after playing for 2hrs plus. The extra head size compared to Prestige MP and Pro allows for more forgiveness on off center shots. Spin is ok for the headsize but nothing like "spin monsters" of Babolat ProDrive and Head Extreme Pro. In return you get good directional control, especially on down the line forehands and backhands (one handed in my case). The heavy, consistent, and accurate backhands are actually what sold me on the racquet ahead of Prestige Pro and MP. Returns are good in terms of pace and direction but not as good as Prestige MP and Pro (due to lower weight, I guess). Serves (both 1st and 2nd) are very accurate, but I would not call it a fast serving racquet. As other people commented here, there is some issue with stability against heavy hitting, but nothing too surprising taking lower weight and swingweight into account. If you are a decent 4.0 or an aging 4.5 thinking that Prestige MP or Pro are a bit too much work when your form is slightly off, then this stick should fill the gap nicely between Prestige range and the more powerful racquets like Head Instinct or Extreme Pro. Finally, this racquet is cheap to play with for 100 inch headsize, because strings last longer thanks to 18x20 pattern. I stopped playing with Head Radical Microgel Pro (excellent racquet in many respects), because restringing it costs just too much.
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 18g @ 55 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with this frame for 2 weeks now and I have one word...amazing! This racquet is fantastic for big hitters. The 18x20 string pattern gives me so much control on groundstrokes and my volleys have even more precision. Switching from a Babolat Aero Pro Drive GT, I thought I would lose pace on my serve but with the head light balance on the Speed my serve has actually gotten way faster with even more control. I would recommend this racquet to any player that can generate their own power and plays an all court game. I use Babolat RPM Blast 17 and it is fantastic as it gives you spin, control, and power. It also feels fantastic when making contact with the ball. Hoped my feedback helped you on your purchase!
From: Zach, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g @ 56 lbs

Comments: It felt pretty darn stable to me, and as with all of the Head "low power" frames, there is ALWAYS available power with them and I had no problem hitting a deep, heavy ball with it. As for maneuverability, it felt very similar to the Radical MP to me - so I really don't know why some people say it is very tough to get around. I love it for controlling my shots and putting my opponent on the defensive. If you have a spin-related stroke, you'll find that this is good for spin as well. It's a great all around racquet. There isn't a bad thing about this racquet, and I would rate it an 82 out of 100. Except power, which was a 77 for me (but I like that).
From: Steven, 7/12
String type and tension: Spin-friendly poly mains @ +2 above avg tension / Syn gut crosses @ avg tension

Comments: Being sponsored by Head, I decided to do a side by side comparison between the two. The typical prostock is spec'd out to somewhere around a 334 swingweight, leather grip handle, 11.8 oz unstrung. The density is much more than the retail version, where I found the retail version is indeed a more hollowed out version and easier to push around, probably due to the flex rating. In terms of power, the retail has a good sized sweetspot, a little bigger than the original Youtek Prestige Mid, despite what some may say here it's not that hard to use. The power is actually relatively high on both versions, the pro- stock simply allowing you to reign in your shots a slight bit more.
From: Ross, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 52 lbs

Comments: Received this in the mail today and played with it today. I'm the #1 player on my varsity tennis team and really enjoyed how the racket played, it provides some nice pop with a lot of control. Really recommend this racket!
From: Will, 6/12

Comments: I played IG Speed MP about a year now and INSTANTLY loved the control and the feel on groundstrokes. Control is amazing especially for a 100sq. in frame, and you still get a good spin, esp. using a hybrid with multi & poly. It has a good mass and rarely gets pushed around, but it has a smallish sweet spot for a 100sq.in, and shakes a lot on a miss-hit. I'm playing it stock and still, I would hardly change anything, but for playing competitive matches I consider adding 4gr to the head @3&9, to add overall stability and a bit of power on serves and volleys. The X-One string complements this racquet perfectly so I'm not going to change that. I usually play it full bed, but I also like to hybrid it with Black Code on crosses. The grip shape on this racquet feels so good. It feels different than the Prestiges and Radicals, a bit on a rounder side which I like. Add a thin over-grip and it's perfect for me. I recommend at least a demo.
From: Nemanja, 5/12

Comments: I have played with this racquet for a month now. Mostly on red clay. Took it to 350g, kept the balance and added a leather grip. Very happy with control and stability. If you are mindful of the proper stroke technique, you will be rewarded! The 18x20 string bed makes for a harsher feedback to the arm, but I did not experience any soreness. I started with a hybrid setup (Luxilon/Addiction) but switched to full Luxilon M2 and it's proven to be a great move! Very happy with my switch. Best.
From: Gerardo, 5/12
String type and tension: Luxilon M2, 51 lbs

Comments: FIrst day demoing the racquet. First impression is that it feels good when serving. The sweet spot on this racquet is very small and when you don't hit the center the racquet is hard to control. If you don't have a long swing then this isn't the racquet for you. I still haven't decided whether this is better than my youtek extreme mp.
From: Vince K, 4/12

Comments: This racket is without a doubt the best compromise I have ever played. Its a baseliners dream. All the power and control a player could ask for. I have used the Babolat Aero Pro Drive. Great racket, but it hurt my elbow really quick. The Wilson Blade Lite BLX was not powerful enough for me. I also have nothing but good to say about my old Volkl Quantum 10. However Head has themselves a satisfied customer. My net game has improved. The balance is incredible.

Comments: I describe it as whippy. I love how fast I can swing. I can rip at the ball and put it where I want. It is so much fun to play with. I haven't served much so I can't speak of that. I am struggling with depth a little on my backhand. But the awesomeness of the forehand makes up for it. Spin comes easy. Volleys feel good. I'm stoked! My previous racquet was head extreme pro, which had pretty easy power. You have to swing a bit harder with this one but it is so rewarding to take a huge cut and have it fall exactly where you want.

Comments: Morris, Borris I'm not even kidding you, but this is the greatest racquet I have ever laid eyes on. It has amazing feel and topsin that kicks like a mule. No wonder Novak wins all the time.
From: Norris, 2/12

Comments: Morris I totally agree with you mate. Ever since I have got this racquet I haven't hit a kicker below my opponents head. It has great feel and is amazing to hit backspin with.
From: Borris, 1/12

Comments: This racquet is great. It's great for the old school serve and volleyer and is amazing to hit huge kickers over your opponents head.
From: Morris, 1/12

Comments: This racquet is simply amazing. I was looking for a racquet that offered dissent power but with maximum control, so i can focus on my form. This fit it perfectly, I can control my shots very well and still hit with nice power. Its also amazing on all areas of the court. At the net or baseline, there is always a nice crisp feel with tons of control. The balance in this racquet is amazing, it's perfectly balanced in all sides. Ultimately, this is a really good racquet that would help me achieve my dreams, plus its Novak Djokovic's racquet.
From: Akhil, 1/12

Comments: Just took this out for a demo and out of the four I chose, I ended up playing the match with this one. The nadal racket, Babolat AeroPro GT, I really wanted to like. The testers liked it, not too much power with killer topspin but I was shooting up pain through my arm after only ten minutes with it. I tried out two small framed Wilsons' but they never seemed to connect. This Djoker racket is very good with control, although was it makes up in control it lacks in power. Another commenter said this also, I wasn't really prepared for the power that was lost in this racket. Change that semi-western to a western if you want this, because topspin will not be your friend. Flattening the shots and cramming them in the corner is wonderful with this racket. Just have to get the hang of it and it's lightness will allow you to whip the stick around, smashing winners no matter where you are on the court. Beware, demo strings also messed up the power on ALL of the rackets, so if you take it out for a demo, remember that you WILL have a bit more power with lighter strings, maybe poly?
From: Daniel

Comments: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Great control from the baseline. Was able to make shots even while out of position. Very good racquet. Mostly for players looking to add more spin than power from the baseline.
From: Chris
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu, 58 lbs

Comments: Just ordered the racquet yesterday, after playing for two hours I knew this was the one for me. Perfect weight and just the right amount of power I need! It cuts so well and flatten your shots to perfection! The serve is so accurate and I'll need time to adjust from my Speed IG 16x19 which does not even compare. Love this racquet and am very happy. Great job Head and thanks TW!
From: Joshua, USA, 1/12
String type and tension: Luxillion M2 Pro String, 58lbs
Headsize: 100 inch
(TW: You're welcome!)

Comments: Excellent racquet if you like control and flattening out the ball. It can create topspin but it is sure not a Babolat AeroPro Drive. I found coming from a Prince Pro Tour it has less spin but way more offensive properties. I can flatten out shots taking time away from whoever I'm playing and hit far more winners. Depth not an issue as a steady swing and the technology kicks up the power in the racquet, but swing hard and it stiffens up for more power. No elbow issues either as you can feel it flexing on the shot. Serves are great. Kick serves best ever in any racquet I've tried. Volleys great too. Recommended to all as it is a perfect weight and balance for all game styles.
From: Dean, 12/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Blackline, 55 lbs

Comments: By far the best racquet I've ever played with! The amount of touch and feel with this is just addictive. I can take a big swing on the ball and still keep it in play. The ball almost always finds its way over the net every single time I hit it, and it feels great. It took me a little while to find the sweet spot, but when you find it, you'll never want to stop playing.
From: Corbin, 12/11
String type and tension: Head Sonic 17, 57 lbs

Comments: I've played around 10 hours with this stick and am struggling to make the transition from my Babolat AeroPro Drive GT (16x19) to the IG Speed 315 (18x20). My Babolat AeroPro Drive GT is strung with VS Touch at 59 lbs. I've loved the racquet, but was hoping to get more control, and to keep more balls in the court. The Babolat AeroPro Drive GT consistently keeps my groundstrokes deep and heavy with a lot of pace, however, often times out by a foot; powerful racquet. Volleys have always been a challenge; too long of a back swing and the ball sails long. My IG Speed 315 is strung with VS Touch at 58 lbs, and I'm really trying to like this racquet but struggling. I've got long strokes and thought I was capable of providing my own power, but now I'm starting to wonder. This stick is very low powered, more than I was expecting. Off center hits often end up floaters at the service line setting up opponents for a perfect smash. Groundstrokes: Top spin (as expected) takes more effort to produce, but since with its low power, many of my shots are saved on court. The trajectory of my shots are lower; I'm often times hitting the top of the tape. Numerous reasons for this, most of which are probably obvious to most of you. Control at the net seems to be much better; gives me more confidence although it could be an inflated feeling. Overall I'm struggling with moving from a powerful racquet to one that is very low powered, and moving from a 16x19 to an 18x20 string pattern. I'll keep hitting with it the way it is and see how it goes. I'm really hoping the adjustments won't take too much longer; I like the idea of having more control, but I'm not sure how much power I'm willing to sacrifice for.

Comments: I've played with many racquets in my 12 years of play, and I have to say that this racquet is by far the best. With the right swing, it creates amazing spin, allowing me to crack the ball with a full swing directly at my opponents. With the pace and the spin, many tend to block it back, which ends up with a put away volley. The racquet has fantastic control and has elevated my game. It's good for all court players as all shots come off predictably.
String type and tension: Snake Bite poly(17g) mains, Babolat VS(16g) crosses at 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - 5.0

Comments: I tried out this frame and I thrashed everyone I played. Add Babolat Hurricane in the mains and Babolat Xcel in the crosses and this is simply the best racquet ever. Touch is better than gut! I admit I did need to adjust my stokes but after 3-4 hours play it was amazing. I can now hit winners from miles off the court! Amazing control! Be warned though, you need a medium-long swing. Also helps if you can generate your own power. Definitely worth a demo!
From: Oscar, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour mains, 58 lbs/Babolat Xcel 16 crosses, 56 lbs

Comments: This is not a racquet for everyone, it is really unforgiving. I am a player who doesn't have a big swing on my forehand and most of the time the ball comes up short. The weight will get to you when playing for a long duration. Great for backhand and slice serve. It also takes a long time to get the feeling of volleys right but other than that I strongly recommend people of the intermediate level to not get this racquet.
From: Lorenzo, 12/11
String type and tension: Ashaway Crossfire, 53 lbs

Comments: For me this racket is far too lite and feels hollow. I understand that with some adjustments it might play better but for what it's worth there are far better stock rackets on the market. Stringing rackets with soft multi filament might feel great when hitting with pushers but believe me when you start pounding consistently @ 90km/h plus against massive top spin players @ 190km/h plus serves a soft multi is definitely not what u want! This "control" will be lost! The real problem with this racket is I feel its designed for hybrid users,a set up not everyone likes. Novak uses alu rough cross @52/ natural gut main @55! I play on the pro tour and this racket is not very popular! So if you use a full poly set up( alu power/rpm/pro hurr tour etc) I would recommend you try another racket. Something more solid with more plough through.
From: Jorge, 11/11

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! I previously used the Babolat Pure Drive and the swingweight was just too much for me. So being a Djokovic fan I used this racquet and I have to say this is the best racquet I have owned. I have to admit I had to readjust all my swings because I believe this was because of the 18x20 string pattern but after a couple of hits I was used to it. My shots are now more precise than when I used the Pure Drive. My favorite shot with this racquet is a running down the line forehand. Since using this racquet my serves have improved due to the swingweight, my volleys have improved tenfold thanks to the headlight balance. I would highly recommend this racquet! Head have just got them a very loyal customer!
From: Bob, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16, 53 lbs

Comments: I love this racquet! The control on this racquet is amazing! I can place the ball where I want. The only problem I had is that I had to adjust my normal topspin swing to add more topspin to the ball which annoyed me at first but after a few hits I got used to it. I would highly recommend demoing this racquet if you are looking for a racquet that gives a lot of control.
From: Ray, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16, 53 lbs

Comments: When I first demoed this racquet I immediately felt that I could hit a wide variety of forehand shots with consistency and pace if necessary. It took more time to start hitting consistent backhands with top spin and accuracy. I don't remember the string type I used on this particular occasion and so I read Tennis Warehouse's reviews before making a final decision to buy the racquet. If I was going to replace my Babolat, the Head racquet would have to outperform it when I decided to play my game style. Well it does, but also compliments my game by allowing me to hit flat winners which I was not able to hit before. Slices, and first serves have improved and more importantly, I haven't lost a game since by being more aggressive from all sides of the court. It's not for the faint of heart, an amazing scalpel in the right hands!
From: Helboy, 10/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 at 56 lbs

Comments: I used a Babolat AeroPro Drive for couple years and I just received this racquet. Here are some of my personal opinion after using it: comparing to my AeroPro Drive, this racquet produces less topspin but is more accurate in flat shots and control. Because of its swingweight, I am able to save more shots on the court. Groundstrokes are decent if I do a full swing. Volleys are ok and is better than AeroPro Drive. Service are pretty similar but for this racket I swung faster. So overall, if you prefer many flat shots blended with moderate topspin, this is a great choice. To get the most out of this racket, make sure you can do full and fast swings!
From: Bowen, 10/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17g Red

Comments: This is a great racquet for almost all type of players. It has both control and power and is very good for the baseliners. Hitting forehands and volleys are impressive. Backhand also felt good with this racquet from the previous model. But one thing which should be worked out in this racquet is the serve due to the head light balance of the racquet, but it suits me now very well after playing for about a month.
From: Imad, 10/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line 2, 54 lbs

Comments: This is a great piece of technology. It has amazing control, good solid feel, and volleys are impressive. However, it still will take time to adjust to Head Youtek IG Speed from the normal Speed. Anyone looking for nice controlled solid shots must try this racquet.
From: Farhan, 10/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly-Plasma, 57 lbs

Comments:This is a great racquet. It is very maneuverable and suits attacking baseliners. I prefer using a spin friendly poly because of the 18x20 string pattern unlike most people have said. Also love the paint job and the dampener.

Comments: This racquet is by far my favorite stick I have used thus far. This is a great stick for people who love to attack the ball at the baseline, and volleys are great too!
From: Brock, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Tour 17g, 57 lbs

Comments: This is a nice racquet. It is really good for aggressive baseline players. I actually prefer a poly in this unlike most other people and I had no problem with my elbow or shoulder.
From: Daniel, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast at 56 lbs

Comments: The first day that I used this racquet I was impressed with the control I almost could not believe it. But when I used it for a second time I found it very lightweight. So I added weight to the racquet. This is the best racquet I've ever used.
From: Diomar, 9/11
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core Pro 16 at 60 lbs

Comments: This racquet is truly an amazing racquet. I love the feel of the racquet. It is great with any shot you may hit, from flat and hard to a soft drop shot. This racquet is just amazing. I would recommend this to anybody.
From: Jeri Ann, 9/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 18g

Comments: I love this racquet. It is very maneuverable with plenty of power and consistency because of the 18x20 string pattern.
From: Thomas, 8/11

Comments: This is a great racquet. Personally, I really enjoy this frame at the net. i like it strung with a monofilament. It has a good size sweet spot as well as good access to spin. I found great control with this racquet.
From: Tim, 8/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 17 at 57 lbs

Comments: This is an amazing racquet and the best I've ever used. I previously used a Babolat Aero Pro Drive GT, which had a little too much power. I agree with most that this racquet is a terrific all around stick. It's great at the baseline and net and it serves nicely. My backhand had vastly improved as well. The fact that Head won me over is huge. I am extremely brand loyal and never thought I'd play with anything other than a Babolat or Volkl. However, this racquet is quite simply that good and I'd be remiss if I did not buy it after a demo. It's certainly worth a try.
String type and tension: Prince Poly Blend at 60 lbs

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! I've been using it for about 3-4 months now; it's a fantastic racquet for the serve-volleyer, the baseliner, and just about every kind of game. The dampened feel is great too. This is just a great racquet, and also looks cool.
From: Adis, 7/11
String type and tension: 57

Comments: The first thing I have noticed with this racquet right away was the stiffness. Because I was a Radical fanatic, and when I switched to a polyester main and multifilament cross, right away I felt the difference when I hit the ball. The stiffness of this racquet was gone, and the feel was really good mostly in my ground strokes. One thing I really like about this racquet is that it's very easy to maneuver at net. It really improves my net game.
From: Joseph. 7/11

Comments: I was demoeing racquets for a long time. I found this one and to me I made an excellent choice. This is an extra powerful weapon to play with. Great feel and control, everything about the racquet is perfect. Great frame, Love it!!
From: Andrew. 6/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 56lbs.

Comments: Hats off to Head, this racquet is a winner. I don't agree with Mattias' comment below, I think this plays much better than the previous model. I bet this will soon be a TW Best Seller. Due to its head light play and 18x20 string pattern, I would recommend playing with a Multi, Syn Gut or Nat Gut string. If you hybrid, use a softer poly or co-poly as the "plow" on the hard groundstroke exchanges tends to weaken a little with stiffer polyester strings. Plays similarly to my Kblade 98 but with a lighter swing weight and the feel in hand with this racquet is just too sweet! The one thing I like about the Kblade over this racquet is it plows through the ball better and offers you a wider choice with stiffer string options. But if you play with a multi, which I do, the plow for me is just fine with this racquet and I do enjoy the lighter head balance and maneuverability on this stick compared to the Kblade. This one has me thinking about changing from my kBlade 98 but not 100% sold yet. If you are considering a thinner beam racquet, in the 11oz range, with an 18x20 string pattern, definitely test this one! But again, shines better with softer strings.
From: Jeff. 6/11
String type and tension: Klip Exellerator, 17g @ 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5 all court/serve and volley, one-handed backhand.

Comments: MASSIVE improvement from the previous model. I tried my string set up, and was actually negative before playing as I had not used it in a few years. The last model for me was to flimsy and lacked the ability to hit heavy balls, this does not. I can hit a heavy ball and the sweet spot is much bigger. Will take some time to fully adjust but looking forward to it. Swings lighter than weight suggests, even with a fairway leather and 3 overgrips. Considering adding a small amount of lead in the head to give more plough but over all, a decent stick. Bridges the gap between the Prestige and Radical.
From: Mitch. 6/11
String type and tension: NXT Tour/Tecnifibre Blackcode @ 54/51 lbs

Comments: This racquet is REALLY impressive! It's better than the YOUTEK Radical MP that I bought 2 years ago. It is all about control+balance and it feels perfect with Technifibre X-One Biphase 17 @ 57 lbs. Extremely maneuverable, feels lighter than it actually is. Maybe it is the Djokovic vibration dampener, but I have never hit so many winners...
From: Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 06/11
String type and tension: Technifibre X-One Biphase 17 @ 57 lbs.

Comments: Initially, I wrote this racquet off and put a bad word on TT forums. After playing with it some more with my own custom string setup and replacing the demo strings, I'm now completely won over by this incredible racquet. Head has really found the perfect balance, weight, headshape (slightly circular, than oval) and feel of this racquet (firm, not stiff and not too flexible). The power level is perfect and even though it's just 18x20 the racquet gets an incredible amount of top spin. The strings really grab the ball and control is better than any of my head pro stock frames. In fact this racquet outshines my pro stock in groundstrokes and volleys (still prefer serves with older frame). Where my other racquet was too heavy this racquet has the perfect balance and the exact maneuverability needed. I'm so glad Head chose to make this racquet with maneuverability in mind and not too heavy because although I've swung with 12oz + racquets, it does not do me any good playing multiple sets hitting with the guys who I hit with. The feel is firm and slightly muted which is exactly what I wanted out of all the other frames that have that annoying ping, this frame reduces much vibration. This racquet has a lot of great qualities.
From: Mike. 6/11

Comments: I have been playing with this stick for a couple of days and what a difference it has made on my game! More pop and power on my serves, top spin backhand has improved greatly, along with slice and spin. Last year I played with the old version, and did not like it at all. This frame is about .4 oz lighter and better balanced. RPM strings make all the difference for me. Two piece stringing keeps the tension longer, and at 17g it won't last me that long. But it's a price worth paying for because of the feel, touch and power.
From: Chris. 5/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast 17 @ 62lbs

Comments: This is a very good racquet. I didn't try the previous model, but I'm going from the YT Radical MP to this one. The control and precision is better with the Speed. I like to provide my own power. Services, groundstrokes volleys, smashes went pretty well with this stick. Additional stiffness improves the control.
From: Mauricio, Montreal. 4/1
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline 17 / 55lbs

Comments: The difference between the previous model is very subtle but it's there. The IG is a little easier to whip and swing compared to the previous model. The lack of mass in the hoop, however, results in a frame that feels very light from the back of the court. Volleys and pick ups and slices become easier but baseline grinding was erratic at best, even perfect shots didn't feel like they hit the sweetspot. Maybe my review was affected by the fact that my racquet was strung with all poly. Honestly, save some money and buy the previous models while you can because the differences are so minor that your game won't suffer from it.
From: Mattias, Sweden. 4/11
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger Alu power @ 48 lbs

Comments: It's all about the strings. Get a set of stiff poly strings strung at too high a tension and it feels lifeless. Get some softer polys or a multi and it is a nice frame.
From: Sean, 03/11

Comments: This is meant for top 4.5s and up. While I was demoing this racket I'm not going to say it was a piece of art, but it definitely was not a bad frame. Forehands, slice and serve were great, but backhands and consistency were my only problems.
From: Luke, AZ, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Head FXP 17@ 58lbs

Comments: I don't why, but some rackets just don't have a natural feel to them, and this is one of them. Spec-wise I thought this was "the one," but after 2 playtests I was happy to bring it back to the shop. It has similar feel characteristics as the old all-white Speeds had - fairly stiff and boardy feel, tinny/pingy sound of the stringbed, not particularly wieldy in your hand. Strengths were serves and slice backhands. Everything else required major adjustments to my game. Novak could play big tennis with a Jack Kramer Autograph, so don't be too quick to give all the credit to this racket.
From: Bryan, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 03/11

Comments: Head's IG Speed 18x20 is a work of art! Use the string and tension I've listed below and you play all parts of the court like a magician. If you're ready to put on a magic show, buy this racquet; on second thought buy two...
From: Brandon, Washington, D.C., 03/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Spiky Shark 17@ 45lbs.

Comments: This racquet has no feel; I bought it two and a half weeks ago (got it from a friend from TW)! Am I still able to return it?
From: Andrew, Morristown, TN, USA, 03/11
Headsize: 100 sq inch.
(Andrew, if the racquet is unused you can still return it; here's our return policy on racquets.--TW Staff)

Comments: I've played several times with this racquet, most recently in a doubles event at the local tennis club. The racquet allows me to hit a variety of shots, to power through the ball when required as well as place the ball throughout the court with plenty of control and feel. As others have said, you have to provide your own power through long strokes. The racquet is flexible and reduces the stress on my arm. It is noticeably lighter than my old Prince EXO3 Ignite 95s and naturally, does not generate as much power on the serve or on ground strokes. However, this can all be corrected as players adapt to the racquet. For me, the power, control, and weight seem to fit my game better than the Ignite 95s.
From: Ron, Denver, CO, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16 at 57

Comments: Bought one of these from TW almost on a whim when I broke one of my Extreme MPs. (The Speeds had just gone on sale at less than half price, it was just after Christmas and it was really meant as a back up)
So very happy with this stick! Plenty of pace and control off the ground and lets me really hit out on my forehand and put some real slice on my 1-Handed BH pretty much at will. Serving is fine, seems to have good pace if you let the racquet do the work and don't try to 'arm' it. Volleys are awesome!
I notice a lot of comments about a lack of stability but I haven't had this problem. In fact, I love the stability and the confidence to be able to put the thing in the path of a big incoming ball knowing it won't be pushed off line.
I have since bought 2 more and couldn't be happier.
From: Tim, Australia, 02/11
String type and tension: Head Sonic pro black @ 55lbs

Comments: Have played with this racket for some weeks now, not a bad racket at all, plenty of power and really excellent control. For heavy hitting a good tad to light, for youngsters an excellent racket provided you can hit the ball clean. If you are not advanced and cannot consistently hit the sweetspot I can imagine the large headsize and small beam size shows its limited stability/comfort with of centre hits. I am pretty sure pros playing with this racket need to make it a lot heavier than stock form for plow trough and stability. By the way in stock form it comes a lot lighter than it specs indicate which is a shame for such an expensive racket from a brand like head. But to summarize excellent tweener for advanced youngsters in stock form and could be excellent with weight added for advanced adults. If you don't have the strokes stay away from this one, it won't make you happy, but if you do its a powerful scalpel.
From: Ben, Netherlands, 02/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre x-one
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5

Comments: I got this racket 2 weeks ago and try to play with it and didn't like but after few modifications, this racket is like laser. I can pin point the ball where I wanted. I was coming from Nadal's old Babolat Aero Pro Drive cortex and I love that racket too but with this one I am getting more control that I was not able to get with 16X19 strings. Backhand is unbelievable but I also modify the racket to Djokovic specs, I got it from my dear friend. I can't reveal who but after doing that this is now my best stick. My other Babolat sticks are modified as Nadal's specs and got it done by the person who did the modification for Nadal's Stick and that is my second best stick.
From: Sahajpal, Irvine, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 17

Comments: This racket feels like the Microgel Prestige, which I loved except you get more spin with this racket. Its mainly a forehand racket, backhand and serves are ok while the Microgel prestige is a backhand racket with forehand and serve ok.
From: Francesco, HB, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Gosen Polylon

Comments: I love this racquet! After demo'ing 4 racquets and comparing to my current custom weighted racquets, I decided to buy 2 of the 18x20 models. Every year I compare a few racquets against my previous Head Microgel Radical OS to see if I liked them as well or better. Until I tried the new IG Speed, I always came back to my old Radicals. This racquet is wonderful- perfect balance, great head speed, solid on heavy groundstrokes and volleys. I serve better with this racquet than any other to date- faster with more accuracy and spin. No need to weight or customize this one at all. Even with the demo string (syn gut) this racquet outperformed the others. My new racquets arrived strung with Babolat RPM Blast 17 and that made the racquets perform even better in all aspects of the game. I tried the Speed 18x20 racquet last year and wasn't impressed- but the new design and looks are winners. My son is a high-level high school player and now he wants to change to this racquet from his current Youtek radical MP after playing with mine. More $ but at least we'll be using the same stick!
From: Gary, MT, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast 17 at 57#
NTRP Rating: 4.0 all court and doubles

Comments: Not sure how much this will help, but here it is: I'm an athletic 51 year old who's worked hard to get to a 4.0 level after just over 4 years playing tennis. I've been teased at my club for demoing so many racquets over the years. Had settled on a Wilson Kblade 98 for singles and a Head radical microgel midplus for maneuverability in doubles. Had not demoed for a while, but was looking for some more power, while hoping not to give up too much control. Tried the new Dunlop biometrics and found the 300 tour to be fun, with a lot of control, but not much more power than my other racquets. Had the new Head YOUTEK IG Speed 18x20 demo, almost by accident, because I did not like the former Djokovic racquets. I used it in a game without prior hitting. Clearly improved - I was extremely impressed by the amount of power combined with good control. Groundstrokes, serve returns, serves and volleys were all impressive. Was also surprisingly maneuverable in volleying. Gave it a good workout with the ball machine the next day to confirm before ordering one. Did not write down the demo strings, but was in the mid range for tension for the racquet specs. Thinking this might help me on the fast track to 4.5?
From: Sean, San Diego, CA, USA, 02/11
Headsize: 98 - 100

Comments: I thought there was suppose to be a written review already? Where is it?
From: Robert, New York City, NY, USA, 02/11
(Update (2/14): Robert, sorry but we've been playing catch up trying to get other reviews posted, the speed 18X20 should be ready in a few weeks.--TW Staff).

Comments: Will the Djokovic dampener come with the racket? Thanks.
From: Daniel, NY, USA, 02/11
(Daniel, no, the Djokovic dampener is sold separately.--TW Staff)

Comments: I am a top ranked D1 player and I received the 18 by 20 Youtek IG speed recently and really enjoyed the amenities this racquet has to offer. I like everything about the racquet. The frame is consistently stiff. If you are looking to demo or buy the racquet I would recommend having a NTRP rating of about 5 to get the most out of the racquet.
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu

Comments: I finally had a chance to hit this one. I really wanted to like this racket, but I came away just not thinking this had anything notably special about it. It's possible I could add some weight to help with the plow through (given what I play with this felt very noticeably lighter). It felt like a thinner body than the 21mm thin frame may indicate (which I like -- I'm a one hand backhand). This felt more balanced to me and not as headlight yet it felt very maneuverable. Good access to power on the serve. Good feel at the net. A quick racket off returns. Good snap on the stringbed (even with the demo strings). The Head rep told me this is a common remark. It may just feel a bit dead to me. Nothing that really made me think, "yeah, this is the one." A solid racket though -- especially if you customized it a bit. Easy on the arm too. Incidentally, I hit with the Radical Pro the same 2-hour session and found this to be a bit more stable, with a bit more power and precision and greater feedback on my hand with the natural grip w/overlay. (My racket: Volkl PB Mid 10)
From: Steve, Muncie, IN, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: poly
Headsize: I hit with a 93", this was 100"
NTRP Rating: 4.5, aggressive player, long strokes.

Comments: Is the pro version going to be available in the us?
From: Anon., NY, USA, 02/11
(Anon, the Pro version is a Europe only release, check it out at TW Europe.--TW Staff)

Comments: Ugly racket, kind of feels stiff. I wouldn't recommend this racket to anyone. The old speeds were good, and the new Head Prestige's are good, the Dunlop Biomimetic is good and the Wilson Blx is good but this was just bad.
String type and tension: Natural gut and Luxilon bb original

Comments: How does this frame compare to the YouTek radical? Power and control wise?
From: Jabrille, Toronto, ON, Canada
String type and tension: syn gut 60
(Jabrille, try posting this question on our message boards , or e- mail info@tennis-warehouse.com in order to get suggestions and/or answers--TW Staff)

Comments: I demo'd both the 16x19 and 18x20. Both were easy to swing. I liked both from the baseline; I could swing for the fence and still keep the ball in the court. I tend to hit with a lot of topspin, although this was great for hitting flat too. I found the 18x20 easier to stick a volley than the 16x19, I presume because of the 18x20 string pattern. Serves were great, plenty of spin on this one. The thing I noticed most was the slice backhand was deep and penetrating, but I easily hit damaging drop shots. In summary, a bit more demanding than the 16x19, but a great racquet. I'm considering a change from my head Microgel radical pro 16x19. If I switch to head speed IG, it will probably be the 18x20.
From: Royce, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 01/11

Comments: looking forward to the TW review
From: Tom, New York, USA, 01/11
(Tom, we've posted our review on our YouTube channel, check it out.--TW Staff)

Comments: This racket is amazing! I can get so much topspin from the baseline. My serves are amazingly more consistent with this racket. I switched from my Babolat Aero Pro Drive with RPM Blast and this racket gave me a better game. My kick serves are actually kicking higher and my American twist serve are actually twisting. I recommend this racket to everyone!
From: Carl, Tujunga, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat VS Natural Gut 16 at 59

Comments: Had high hopes for this stick because the specs seemed just right for me. Demoed it for an hour. Felt flimsy and as if made of plastic. Too flexible, I thought, but should not be surprising given the thin beam. Also felt lighter than weight would suggest due to headlight balance. Could not plow through the ball. I might give it another chance because of the great specs but first impression was not good.
From: Gabriel, New York City, NY, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: demo-installed syn gut

Comments: Hello, I play with Wilson's K Blade Tour and I am thinking to change in BLX Blade 98 or HEAD Youtek IG Speed 18x20. I want a more maneuverable and forgiving racquet. What do you suggest?
From: Ilias, Athens, Greece, 01/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Tornado 25Kg
Headsize: 93sq.in.
(Ilias, for questions like this please write into info@tennis-warehouse or call our customer service line for recommendations. You can also check out our Talk Tennis message boards for suggestions from other tennis players.--TW Staff)

Comments: Just demo'd this and love it. I've been searching for a while and finally found this. I've played with an oversize forever but wanting something smaller that volleys better and finally found it! Great feeling racket.

Comments: Ok, so I demo'ed this racket, and although the demo strings and tension was not what I like, I loved the racket enough to buy it. I now have played with it for a couple of days. I am coming from playing for a few years with a Babolat Aero Drive. Although I have loved the APD GT, I was looking for more of players racket, and tried the Wilson SixOne 95, the Babolat Pure Storm GT, Head Youtek Presige Pro, Head Radical, and a couple of others. Really liked the Wilson SixOne 95, and the Prestige Pro (Prestige Pro was my favorite), but I had to work pretty hard to generate enough pace. I finally tried the Head Youtek IG Speed because I liked the specs, and now know that it's exactly what I have been looking for. Power and control in a 100 sq in racket, with a narrow beam. And although I usually like 16x19 string pattern, this racket has enough pop that the 18x20 just works with this frame. I also like the weight and head lite maneuverability of the Speed. What can I say; I have found the racket for my game, and bought a second one today. The search is over! Sweet!!
From: Richard, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 60lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: please do a review on this stick ASAP, I wanna buy it but I wanna see the review first.
From: Rob, BC, Canada, 01/11
String type and tension: Head Sonic pro 57 Lbs
Headsize: 95-100
(Rob, we have reviewed the racquet and it should be posted within the next week or two.--TW Staff)

Comments: Great frame....kind of a cross between the radical mp and the white speed mp 18x20...absolutely love it and highly recommend it!!
From: Dan, Minnetonka, MN, USA, 01/11