Head Scorpion 170 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: I demo'd this racquet along with Head Problem Child, Ares, and Great White. For reference...I'm 5'10", 190lbs, 48yrs young, and am in excellent shape overall. I've been playing racquetball regularly for approx. 3yrs and would be considered a very good B player at this point.  Out of all four racquets I demo'd for me the Scorpion was clearly the most powerful. Even more so than the Ares which I would have suspected beforehand to be the winner in the power category. Everyone swings different but for me the Scorpion felt the most like an E-Force type of powerfulness. Pros: Power galore. Control is very good. Very sturdy feeling with no vibrations. Cons: Felt a bit cumbersome in the maneuverability department. While I was able to generally maintain good ball control with it, I also wish it had more "telepathic" control, meaning that I had to pay close attention to how I was hitting instead of just instinctively hitting the ball and having it go where I intended it too. Hope that makes sense. Bottom line: It was my third choice of the four demos. Loved the power but wanted it to be more maneuverable and a little more in-tune to my stroke. Great racquet though for sure and worth the demo.
From: Tony, NJ, USA, 08/14
Skill-level: B

Comments: I have been using this racquet for just over a year and love it.  Powerful and has good control. Not as powerful as some of the upper end E forces; however it's powerful enough.   I definitely would recommend.  Durable. I am pretty carefully with it since I mostly play casually; however it has taken one or two cracks against the wall.  Just a little chipped paint.  After breaking the factory strings (9 months) I upgraded to Ashaway strings. These felt great on the racquet for the first few games. Then they either lost tension or I just got used to them.  Either way I recommend a string upgrade.
From: Mike, Drexel Hill, PA, USA, 01/14
Skill-level: A/B
String type and tension: Factory and Ashaway

Comments: Absolutely love this racquet!!  Been playing with it for over a year.  Finally an even balanced Head racquet!!  Not sure what the customer below is saying about the head heaviness.  This racquet is even balanced!!!  Great power and control from anywhere on the court.  I have never broke a Head racquet this thing has taking a beating too.  I would recommend to anyone.  This racquet is for all levels of ability.  If your not a fan of Head because of their traditionally head heavy frames you have to try the Scorpion!!!
From: Chris, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 01/14
Skill-level: A
String type and tension: Ektelon Premier Power 17g @ 34lbs

Comments: Not a bad demo racquet, but I wasn't quite getting the snap off the ball like I did with other racquets. Surprisingly, the dampener that came with it didn't eliminate all the vibration, so I had to put a second one that cured it. Cosmetics look great if you're into that color scheme. Overall, I'd give it a B.
From: Steve, Newport News, VA, USA, 09/13
Skill-level: B+
String type and tension: Factory

Comments: Cool racquet!!! Great feeling when hitting the ball, just a little hard to get used to head heavy points at the beginning, it's a very powerful racquet, and red cosmetics are more than great.
From: Moises Chavez, Bolivia, La Paz, 07/13
Skill-level: A
String type and tension: 35 - 37 lbs.

Comments: Wow! Serve got clocked at 190+ wow what power and control. Coming from a 185 model, what a pleasant suprise. For anyone who hits really hard, or anyone who wants more pace on the court. I give it a 10 out of 10. A must have.
From: Andy, Lockport, NY, USA, 03/13
Skill-level:open
String type and tension: factory demo

Head Scorpion 170 Racquet - Where to go from here