Comments: I am an intermediate doubles club player coming from the Dunlop 500 Tour Areogel 16x18, and I have a one-hand backhand. There aren't any demoing options in Trinidad so my clubmate let me hit with his Head 16x19 Youtek Speed. Got two racquets from TW and busted out the lead tape immediately as it felt too headlight. I put 6" strips at 3, 9,12 o'clock. Serves are the bomb. Backhand slice is the bomb. Forehand topspin is the bomb. Will work on my returns when I tinker with strings and tension. Presently strung with Head FXP 16 at 55 lbs. Soft on the elbows and arms and nice feel on volleys. Eight out of ten grade.
From: Owen, 7/14

Comments: I've played tennis for 28 years and have changed from a lot of different sticks. I give this one a 9 out of 10 -- very, very good! This racquet is for advanced players, who can really feel what are they doing with their hands.

Comments: I felt the same as some others who posted here about the size of the sweet spot. Figured it was worth while to try some tinkering; busted out the roll of lead tape. After a few different combinations, I settled with 2 grams at 3 and 9, and 1 gram at 6 and 12. I offset the added weight to the head with 4 grams inside the grip. Wow! The patient seems to have survived the procedure with flying colors, because it's a much more stable, solid stick. If you're not thrilled with your Speed out of the box, I suggest you head for the lead!

Comments: Had high hopes for this one and but it was a disappointment. The "microscopic" sweet spot was a deal breaker for me. Spin was also not nearly as good as I expected, and the "power potential" that the normally reliable Tenniswarehouse University specs seemed off. This racquet was anemic. I was expecting a similar racquet to the Prince Diablo MP. Being both are 27.25 length, 100 square inches, thin beam, etc. The Diablo was much better in the control and spin department, and more comfortable on the arm. NEXT!
From: Justin, 5/13

Comments: This is my favorite all time Head racquet. I have it strung at 56 lbs using technifibre NRG and it plays and feels perfect. No arm pain and my groundstrokes go exactly where I want them to. Volleys are crisp and my serves are powerful. The innegra really does make a difference compared to the previous version. And after trying the new graphene version, I will stick to this model as it plays better. Thanks to TW for your assistance. I am a part time coach and level 4 player.

Comments: I have to echo some of the complaints about the physical discomfort from hitting with this racquet. I hit with it for a few hours and every once in a while when hitting off center I would really feel the impact on my arm and wrist. Another weird thing about this racquet is the high power given the specs. The ball really explodes off the strings and with good spin. It was effective at times but I felt like I couldn't adjust to the power as easily as I can with other racquets. Must be the new technology. Anyway, interesting racquet, just not for me.
From: Shane, 2/13

Comments: I've been demo'ing this racquet and the related versions (18x20 and 300) now for 2 weeks. I know Head is already moving on to other racquets, but since so many people bought these racquets my son (a highly ranked 13 y.o.) and I thought we should give them a serious try. Of the 3 racquets, we both agree that this one is the best. The 300 was too light and 18x20 didn't have the feel. This racquet plays really well, but it seems to be giving both my son and me arm trouble, especially around the elbow. He and I both use RPM Blast 16 string in our current racquets, and we put that in this one too. Perhaps the combination of this racquet and those strings is too tough on the arm. We like the feel of the racquet so much that we will try a blend of RPM and something softer to see if we can still get the playability of the racquet without the pain. We'll see.

Comments: Not real impressed with this racquet. It is low powered and I believe the sweetspot is way too small. The stiffness of the racquet and all other Head racquets hurt my shoulder. I have no idea why that is but it is true. I tried multiple polys and other strings combos and could not get comfortable with the power. Probably because I am not real good. But I like more power and a more comfortable racquet.
From: CF, 8/12

Comments: This racquet is amazing, one of the best racquets I have used, but the strings break so easily. It's been taking me two hours to break strings, and I've never had that problem before. But that aside, its by far the best racquet, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves to take big cuts at the ball.
From: Rhys, 8/12
Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power @ 60 lbs

Comments: The racquet demo'ed well, so I bought two. As a tournament player, it's important to me to have identical racquets. However, one stick weighed several grams more than the other, and was a few points more HH. I wasted a lot of time customizing trying to get them close. Not the first time Head's quality control has failed me. I had the same problem with a couple of Prestige Flexpoints several years ago. Also the sticks felt much stiffer than specified, regardless of which string tension I tried. Very soon I got tennis elbow. I gave the racquets to my wife, but after a couple of matches, she complained about elbow pain. I'm disappointed.
From: Dave, 7/12
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @ 57-64 lbs

Comments: This racket is simply amazing. I played number one doubles at my high school, and when I switched to this racket from my Babolat Pure Drive I immediately felt the difference! It felt solid on serves and it put a ton of extra spin on all of my shots. I would definitely recommend it to 4.0+ players. (I also put orange over grip on the handle which made the racket look sick)
From: Brock, 6/12

Comments: This is a fun racquet to play with. I think it feels great on groundstrokes. I didn't have any issues with the racquet being unstable without lead, but it feels more solid with a couple of grams of lead at 3&9. I didn't enjoy this racquet when serving as I was struggling to place my serves like I normally do. I have wrist issues and while my wrist didn't hurt while I was playing, I certainly felt it the next couple of days. It's odd because the racquet itself isn't too stiff and I hold the racquet fairly loose. If you have wrist issues, I would stay away from this racquet.

Comments: Head truly outdid themselves on this racquet. The control, spin, and pace was simply extraordinary! I use a semi western grip and when the ball comes to my hitting zone I just drop my wrist and crack the ball; goes exactly where I want it too. Definitely better serving than all the racquets I've ever tried such as the Aeropro Drives and Pure Drives. Great buy for the 4.0+ player with good racquet head speed!
From: Donald, 4/12

Comments: WOW! UNBELIEVABLE!!Currently using a Babolat Aeropro Drive GT Plus, I've been considering a switch lately because I'm starting to have shoulder soreness (which I've never had before), and also tennis elbow. Plus it just didn't quite feel right, but I couldn't pinpoint why. I know why now. I've never been a HEAD fan, but this stick is truly amazing! With a heavier frame and lighter swing weight I could not believe the spin and pace that I was generating! And the control was amazing too! I had absolutely no arm issues, and I swear that the spin I generated was much more than the Babolat. Congratulations HEAD, you knocked it out of the park with this one! I bought 2 on the spot and can't wait until I play more and get used to the lighter swing weight. If you are a Babolat fan, or a use a racquet comparable to the Aeropro drive and are considering switching sticks, this is a MUST Demo! There are no flaws.
String type: VSGut/RPM
NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments: Great racquet when I first tried out one of these at my local club's along with a Prince EXO3 Tour 100, both felt very similar, with personal preference going slightly towards the Head (maybe just because I'm a Djokovic fan). Felt very comfortable taking the big cuts regularly on the ball with this one! Great spin, control and power on the groundstrokes, serve felt great too.
From: Kyle, 12/11
String type and tension: Polyfibre Cobra, 54lbs

Comments: I recently demoed this racquet on a whim and did not expect to like it as I've been playing with tweeners (Wilson Pro Open and Babolat Pure Drive) over the last couple years and felt they worked best with my short unrefined strokes. As my strokes improved, I found myself having a tougher time hitting through the ball while maintaining control so I started demoing some new sticks. The IG Speed 315 hit like no other players stick I've demoed before as it had nice pop, control and spin with such a narrow beam, so I bought one. I added some lead to increase stability and increase the sweet spot a bit, and the stick is awesome! Now I just need to purchase a back up as I can no longer hit with my tweeners. Great Job Head!
From: Guy, 10/11
String type and tension: Hybrid at 56/55 lbs

Comments: I found that given time to prepare, this racquet can put a lot of oomph on the ball. Also, it does well in the spin department. However, I found the length tough to adjust to, it made it difficult to shoot when out of position. Also, when serving, it was hard to direct the ball with wrist action. The response is a little more muted than typical Head racquets and the grip size a little bit bigger. Overall, a good racquet.
From: Darryl, 9/11

Comments: This is a seriously good stick. It is very stable for all shots, and due to the balance point it is not unwieldy. Love the flexible feel, plows through is very good. Superb racquet, winning formula from Head.
From: Chris, Baton Rouge, LA, 7/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast 17 @ 56

Comments: Love this racquet. I bought two after demo-ing pretty much everything in the same spec range. Tons of power and spin, but with just enough control. This racquet is very sensitive to string types and tension though. Just a little too tight, and I got the golf elbow pain that another person mentioned. I found multis to be the best feel and play, but with the open string pattern was breaking strings every second time out. Tried full poly and my arm almost fell off! Hybrid strung pretty low (51/53 lbs) seems to be the best balance.
String type and tension: Hybrid

Comments: I bought a pair of them 2 months ago. I liked it for a while until I developed tendinitis inside my right elbow. I had them strung at 55lbs with Kirschbaum Pro Line II in the mains and Gosen OG-Sheep Micro in the crosses, both 17 gauge. First time hitting with the racquet felt too head light and unstable outside the sweet spot (I guess someone also stated this problem earlier). I slapped some lead tapes around to fix it. Still felt unstable. Reduced tension down to 52 didn't like (harsh), tried it at 50lbs. I'm still testing different string combos. My next experiment will be with different string (without poly). I will post the result of my tests over here after I feel better about my golfer elbow.
From: Gino, Long Beach, CA, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II black in mains and Gosen OG-Sheep Micro both 17 gauge - 55lbs, 52 and now 50lbs

Comments: I demo'd this racquet last week as it really has specs that are almost perfect to what I want. It had a really nice feel from all areas of the court, but I ultimately decided against it. I'm 6'2" and it's uncommon that I need more "length" to reach a ball and whether it was in my head or reality, I didn't want a longer racquet. Head if you are listening, it's really too bad you don't make this exact racquet in standard length as I think there are a lot of people who want the 16x19 rather than the 18x20 (Nole version). Not holding my breath but maybe next year.
From: Richard, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 4/11

Comments: Great racquet. I was playing with the Yonex RDiS 100 MP, which I also think is a very fine racquet. Both have excellent control and a generous sweet spot. I switched to the Head Speed for several reasons: (1) larger sweet spot; (2) better defense, meaning if I'm scrambling and can't take a big cut at the ball I can still block a lot of balls back in play (with the Yonex I couldn't just block I had to stroke everything); (3) very nice volleying racquet, similar to the Prince Black in that regard, very forgiving; (4) outstanding spin generation. I was surprised at how much difference the ability to generate more spin made and got a lot of comments from my opponents along the lines of "I don't know what happened today but I was having a lot of trouble hitting your shots back cleanly." I immediately started winning more matches after switching to the Head Speed. I also demo'ed the Head Speed 18x20 -- it seemed a slightly more accurate but at the expense of the spin generation and some pop. I like to hit out on my shots so was concerned about control issues with the more open string pattern -- fortunately control has not been a problem.
From: Craig, Portland, OR, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Fiber Ace mains, Tecnifibre X-One Biphase crosses

Comments: Have to agree with Nate (below). Awesome stick. Feel is stiff and solid but not at all harsh. Very maneuverable. Going cross-court or down the line from the baseline is a lot of fun with this one as the racquet has plenty of pop but not to an uncontrollable level. First serves are outstanding, still trying to get the hang of kickers but they're decent so far, just not stellar. Hopefully that comes with practice. A great offering.
From: Josh, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Demo

Comments: My favorite racquet right now. This racquet gets great accuracy when you try to rip the ball by an opponent or when whacking a serve. I also like the innegra fiber too. Now you get a nice solid "thud" instead of the, "pingy" sound of the earlier Youtek models. I would say there is less vibration also, so that's a big improvement. For those wondering what is Innegra, its basically like kevlar with a better weight to strength ratio. Guess time will tell if Innegra fiber holds up to the punishment a racquet goes through. Remember "twaron"!
From: Nate, 03/11
String type and tension: 56 Head rip control

Comments: Demoed this racquet eager to switch to head from Prince. All this O3 EXO3 crap is worthless so I demoed this racquet and immediately fell in love; I bought 2 of them and it has taken my game to the next level. I'm a baseliner and it was perfect for me and I also notice a lot of control on my serve and I can serve all day and my arm doesn't hurt. You gotta try prince syn gut with this racquet it's a perfect fit for balanced players.
From: Robert, Ashland, KY, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Prince syn gut
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Just demoed this frame, along with the IG Speed Pro from TWE Demo Program. Received two brand new racquets, feeling as if I had bought them (sniff!!!). Previously user of the Speed MP 16X19 for one year, and I gotta say that this version is not only a change in cosmetics (so beautiful that I couldn't even look at the older one), but really corrects the defaults of the previous version. I mean the strange vibrations from the Youtek Speed first generation have disappeared, leaving a solid feeling when you hit hard. Too bad the "plastic feeling" of its default black string (Sonic Pro, may be, should be called "Sonic Plastic") felt horrible. Apart from this, it was a great experience; don't know to what extent the placebo euphoria of testing this long-awaited model biased the whole thing. By the way, the Speed Pro is even greater; too bad you fellow Americans can't taste it (LOL). First time being European is an advantage!!
From: Mess, Paris, France, 02/11
String type and tension: Sonic Plastic

Comments: I tried this racquet through TW demo program last week. I was eager to try this racquet since it is similar in specs to my Head Microgel Radical Pro, which is discontinued. It was lots of fun from the baseline. I found I could swing for the fence and keep the ball in play. The racquet swings very easily and provides tons of topspin. I'm a baseliner, so you need to take this comment win a grain of salt, but I had a hard time volleying with depth and consistency. With the relatively large head size and open string pattern, the racquet seemed to have a very large sweet spot. Not a switch for me bUt a fun demo.
From: Royce, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 01/11

Comments: First of all, thank you for sending me a brand new racquet as a demo:) Enjoyed it. The racquet feels very nice in the hand, moves easily, but has a very strange hollow sound when the ball is hit harder. Feels fairly light and unstable on off center hits. Not for me.
From: Clunker, TN, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Klip multi 17g at 58lb
Headsize: Head liquidmetal MP 98

Comments: AMAZING!! I am a junior player 14 years old ranked #1 in Arkansas and this racquet made me play so much better! It has incredible racquet head speed and added amazing power to my strokes.
From: Matt, Hot springs, AR, USA, 01/11

Comments: Will the pro version be available in the us?
(Anon, the Pro version is only available in Europe, check it out at TW Europe)

HEAD YOUTEK IG Racquets