Head Synthetic Gut PPS 17 String White Customer feedback

Comments: I think it's a terrific price and when it's a 17 at 1.24, I'm going to expect it to move around a bit. Strung at 55 lbs on my racquet. It's low price means I can go try other 17s and while still around know it's a great "go to" string. I did try the 18g and loved the feel but popped the strings within a week. I prefer 18s for the feel but stick with 17s.
From: Teresa, 9/14

Comments: I love this string. It has a lot of power and control but the durability may be an issue if you are a string breaker (lasted less than 10 hours for me and I'm not a string breaker).
From: Hung, 5/13

Comments: I string all my own racquets and also string for my highschool teammates. Found this string online, saw it was cheap, and I was looking for a good deal, so I bought a few packages of this and a few of the 16 gauge as well. Whenever I strung this combo (17 in the mains, 16 in the crosses) for a lower skilled player, they always said they loved it, so I decided to try this string combo myself. It just wasn't for me. I am a pretty big hitter and like to take take big cuts at the ball with a lot of topspin, and these strings don't really like that. They moved around a lot on my groundstrokes as well as on my serves. However, with the economical price, sick color selection, and pretty good feel, I am sure these strings would work for the right player. It just isn't me. But can you beat $3 a pack?
From: Adam, 3/13

Comments: This is definitely my favorite string set up to date. This one as the mains at 50 lbs and Tecnifibre Red Code 17 on the crosses at 48 lbs on a Head YT IG Prestige Midplus. The feel and power is awesome. It's actually quite stiff and resistant to moving but it's still very comfortable. I tried it previously on a Wilson BLX Tour Ltd with Red Code on the mains at 61 lbs and this string at 59 lbs on crosses and it wasn't quite as effective, but that could've been the racquet being so stiff.

Comments: Great string! I use the 17g version at 61.5 lbs on a KPS88. If you think the string moves too much, just set it at a higher tension. This is synth gut so it should be super tight anyway. It's not durable at all, but the point of this string is to get something affordable that makes you hit amazing for one hour or so. Most synth guts are efficient the first hour and then feel poorly for 3 hours until they break. This one is a no brainer, it breaks once it is out of pop. It suits aggressive styles which do require a fine balance of power and control, and it does respond to topspin very well. For better durability, use it on the crosses and use a more durable synth gut on the main (Wilson Pro Tour or X-one Biphase). This is ideal for those who string their own racquets.
From: Romain, 12/12

Comments: Do not waste your time and money on this, especially when you are stringing yourself. This string is so elastic and slippery that it slips through my stringing machine's gripper. I cannot string it on my machine, especially not with any sort of accuracy (drop weight). I ordered a racket strung with it from TW also, and the string bed moved around A LOT. Now that I tried to string it I know why, the stuff is too slippery and smooth. I strung Gosen strings and others and never had problems like this. This is just a junk product. You better have a top of the line stinger with great clamps, otherwise forget it. So why bother when there are better options for the same money?
From: Werner, 6/12

Comments: I am a junior satellite player who is about 4.5 and I used these strings throughout most of the summer. I like to get the most power possible and I noticed that it had excellent pop and easy access to spin. The bad things about it were that it lost tension fast. I was constantly fixing my strings with the "string thing," which made the outside "power strip" break and eventually the string broke when I started hitting big forehands in a match. I would strongly recommend this string to players who like their slice or are clay court specialists.
From: Kevin, 9/11

Comments: I am a fairly good junior who has won a few tournaments and I used to always play with poly/co-poly strings. My friend recommended I try these strings. I absolutely love them! They have great power and nice control. The only thing I found a bit annoying was there durability. I bought 16, 17 and 18 gauge just to see what they were like and let me just say they don't last long. I would definitely recommend these strings to anyone who isn't a frequent string breaker or strings there own racquets.
From: Tim, 7/11

Comments: I currently use a Microgel Prestige MP with lead tape under the grommets at about 12.1 ounces. I strung this in there at 56 lbs and I love it! i have tried almost every single poly there is and about 70% of all other synthetic strings and for the price, i like this because it plays consistent from start to finish. It lasts me about 6-10 hours of good hitting at a 4.5 level.
From: Anonymous, Norcal 02/10

Comments: Tried the string, and I liked it. Definitely worth buying to try out at least once. I ended up liking it more than Prince Syn Gut 17, unfortunately no durability. It lasts me about 6hrs if I'm not hitting my best. When I'm hitting all out on a good day no more then 5hrs usually less, hits nice, decent feel and good power (for the price). Doesn't hold tension all that great, but since it goes pretty quick its not really a problem. Definitely a string worth trying out (the 18G is amazing although it has no durability what-so-ever).
From: Josh. 06/09

Comments: I usually don't go for the cheaper synthetic gut strings ($3-$4 ones) but I have hit with a few before that I liked. My local pro shop had these in stock so I figured I'd just try them out for the fun of it. Overall I have to say that this is a pretty bad string as far as feel goes. My string of choice is Head IntelliTour 17g hybrid. I noticed a considerable reduction in spin production with this string as compared to my usual. That doesn't help considering my Head LM Radical has a dense 18/19 string pattern. And the feel just wasn't great especially at the higher tension that I like.

Comments: I did not like this string as much as Gosen Generic 17. I don't expect much out of a 17G synthetic, but both playability and durability were worse than the Gosen, which is cheaper by the reel.
From: Jason, LA, USA. 11/04

Comments: I have tried many strings and I really liked the way this feels. It added a lot of bite to the ball. The only drawback is the durability. I'm a baseliner who hits with heavy topspin and hard flat serves and heavy kick serves. I get about 3 hours or approximately 3 sets out of this string. Easy to string if you have your own stringer and this string is easy on the arm. I would definitely recommend this string. I will, however, wait and see if it becomes available in a reel. If you're not a big hitter, then you will probably get the durability you’re used to with a thinner 17 gauge. Currently use Wilson Stamina 17, which lasts twice as long, but with less playability.

Head Synthetic Gut PPS 17 String White - Where to go from here