Head Synthetic Gut PPS 16 String Reel White Customer feedback

Comments: This string is awful if you are a stringer. In the past month, I have had to redo 4 of my customers' racquets due to the string slipping out of the knot at the top of the racquet. The string had a weird coating on it that makes it almost impossible to start the crosses after completing the mains because it slips right out. Plays just fine, but not any better than Gamma syn gut and definitely not worth all the extra effort it takes to keep the string from slipping.
From: Christo, 6/15

Comments: As is often the case, a string that comes with a demo beats most strings I've tried including polys, natural gut, multi, etc. This string does it all for me -- it has comfort, pop on demand, control and so far durability (I'm 5 hours into a set by the time I'm writing this). In a 18x20 pattern (6.1 Team), it can grab the ball and produce as much spin as I need (which is a matter of technique more than strings anyway). Good job Head, at this price I'm buying a reel.

Comments: I restrung my Microgel Extreme MP racquets with this after trying a poly. This string for me lasts a decent amount of time. Also I really like the feel. I strung my racquets up at 57 lbs and everything is going good.

Comments: My Head Extreme racquet came pre-strung with these. Initially, I thought I will have to cut it off as I play with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour but I tried it for few times and it seems to work pretty well. Good control and good angles, softer than polys but with no lower pop. 54-56 lbs is good for these in general.
From: Rashid, 12/11

Comments: I really like this string. I am a fairly flat hitter with a huge serve (125mph) I string my entire racquet with this stuff at 54. I have had the current string in there for about 3 months. It's pretty stiff and dead right now so I need to cut it out and restring my sticks. I love the feel, and since I can generate a lot of my own power, I don't really have any issues with this string's power output. I have used a lot of syn gut (Wilson, Prince, Gamma). All of them broke within 4 hours of hitting. When I ordered my LM Radicals I was just going to play with the string it came with (Head Syn Gut) then switch to Kevlar Hybrid because I break string so often. I was amazed at how long this stuff lasted, it had become my string of choice.
From: Kevin, AZ, USA. 4/10

Comments: Really impressed first time I used this string and it now my string of choice. I string my MG and Youtek Prestige mids at 51 and the feel, control and spin is better than any poly, syn gut or various blends I have used before it, and I've tried alot. Durability is and issue but not worth worrying about when it feels as good as it does.
From: Michael, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 02/10

Comments: I love this string. I have it strung at 50 lbs in a head microgel prestige pro. I've been using prince syn gut but I prefer the feel of the the head syn gut.
From: Paul, Knoxville, TN, US 10/09

Comments: If this is the stuff that LM Rads come pre-strung with, I would probably rate this below run of the mill nylon; the string is completely dead, stiff and uncomfortable. Definitely not one of Head's better offerings.
From: Gene, Stockton, CA. 1/09

Comments: String provided good control and power when needed, at least for the brief period before it broke. I strung this on my Microgel Radical Pro at 60lbs which lasted 20 minutes. At 58.5lbs, it lasted just briefly longer at 25-30 minutes. Bottom line, its just too much trouble to use this string - which is a pity since I just ordered a handful of these.
From: Francis, Hong Kong. 8/08