Comments: It is slim in the heel and initially the achilles notch pinched my tendons. But after breaking them in, the heel is now snug and comfortable, even after hours of playing. Very happy with this purchase.
From: Ken, 10/13

Comments: As someone who is very comfortable in New Balance 2E width 804s out of the box, I can tell you that these shoes are NOT wide. I wore them for about 2 minutes in the house, and like almost any D width shoe, they bruise the 5th metatarsal base/cuboid joint area. They are wide in the forefoot, and long in the toe, but terribly slim in the rear foot/heel. If your feet are the type that bulge over the outside edge of a standard width sole, this shoe is not going to be comfortable.
From: Patrick, 10/12

Comments: I won these shoes from them on facebook and these are one of the best shoes I've worn. It takes about a day to break in. I wear size 13's and they were a little tight on my toes for a day then after that they have gotten better and they have helped me with shin splints too!
From: Adam, 7/12

Comments: Great fit for my wide feet. Very comfortable once I got moving on the court with them. Love the low ride to the ground; they do remind me of my old Nike Breathe Free 2k10s in this regard.
From: Kevin, 5/12

Comments: I tried this shoe for the first time about a month ago and have been impressed with it. I have wide feet with an old injury that demands a wider toe box. I have tried almost all the wider shoes on the market and think this one is finally the right shoe for me. New Balance quality and fit has declined over the years and almost all other shoe makers have dropped their wide format shoes. Thanks to Head for bringing out a quality shoe that fits me well, is very supportive and comfortable right out of the box with good traction. Durability seems similar to most top shoes. Overall, I would say this shoe is similar to the Barricade V with a wider toe box and slightly lower to the ground feel. As far as fit goes- I normally wear a 8 1/2 EE, but have had to go with 9 or even 9 1/2 in most other shoes to get the width. Obviously length is a problem with some of these shoes. I took a chance and ordered 8 1/2 with this Head shoe and was surprised to find this size was a little long. I will order an 8 the next time and if that fits well- I will probably by many more pair before Head changes them! Width is perfect with my usual 2 pair of socks. I would recommend trying 1/2 size smaller if you have wide feet with the same fit problems I have had.
From: Gary, 5/12

Comments: I like the shoe but they are very wide. I'm a 10.5 and had to get a 10 because of the width. The 10's worked for me but your mileage may vary depending on the size of your feet.

Comments: Pros: They are very light. Nice cosmetics. Cons: These shoes are very WIDE!! I thought that the extra space in the shoe would be better (I do have slightly wide feed), but these shoes are a bad match for me. There is so much space that when I'm on the run, I feel my feet moving in the shoe. I've worn ankle braces which do help secure my feet a bit, but my forefoot is still moving around like crazy. Definitely designed with extremely wide footed people in mind. Padding could have been better, but not bad for such a light shoe.
From: Nick, 4/12

Comments: I'm glad this shoe is lighter & wider like a 2e, friends like the cosmetics. I serve & volley & these have great stability & support! I like these over the t22 or various new balance, cool temps on the feet. I've played over 20 yrs and would definitely recommend these new Speed Pros.
From: M. Lyons, 3/12

Comments: Can't believe how light the shoe is. Comfortable right out of the box and ready to go on court. Highly recommend this shoe.
From: DH, 3/12

Comments: I'm a long time Head shoe user. This new Speed Pro is noticeably lighter feeling than the previous models. Like the other previous Speed Pro model the uppers are not as padded as their other top lines (Radical, Prestige), they are still very comfortable right out of the box but not quite as padded that's all. I guess the weight has to come off somewhere right? They feel a little lower to the court, but it's not that noticeable. The new outsole pattern seems to have about the same feel and traction as the previous. I'm not sure if it's any more durable. Time will tell, but I believe it is made of the same material in which case I know that it will feel great while it lasts but will burn out for me in less than 2 months. (5 days a week playing on hard courts). All in all this is another fine shoe from Head. And with the 6mo outsole warranty I know I'll be getting 2 for 1 so I'm happy with the value.
From: KV, 3/12