Comments: Hey, I'm back with my version of reviews on racquets; the only other racquets I've reviewed on here are the Yonex rqis 1 tour, and prince ozone seven, so look under 'customer feedback' to get to know a little about me, and how I play, and how I judge the racquets. Groundstrokes: This racquet definitely took me a long time to get used to before I could write anything about it. The groundstrokes were outstanding, you get a solid feel for everything you hit, and the spin was fantastic. You could take big cuts at the ball with this frame, and still manage to keep the ball in by a margin. On mis-hits, it wasn't very forgiving [it was still liable enough to keep the ball at a pretty good depth and in play] because I usually tend to hit slightly near the top of the racquet, off center, but it wasn't like the point was over for you if you did happen to hit off center. It was a great stick to hit with offensively and defensively. Power was easy to generate, as long as you took a good swing/full swing/nice cut at the ball. It's not like it had any lack of power at all. This stick felt very heavy to me at first, and hard on the arm when swinging, but playing with it for a good few weeks really helped adjust to the feel of the racquet. It is indescribable. Let's just say you should demo this for yourself to understand. ;) Volleys: Volleying with this racquet was also difficult to get used to because of the weight [11.8 oz strung]. It's mostly because I've constantly been switching frames though, which is a bad thing, you could say... But volleys with this racquet were also very solid, and once you adapt to the specs of the racquet, you get a great maneuverable feel and it becomes so easy to volley. It's not a spectacular aspect of the racquet, but it's better than a liability, you could say. Pretty average, in a good way. Serves: Serves were also fun with this stick. Yet again, it took quite a while to get used to. Adding spin to the serve was very easy, and I felt like I could hit spin serves all day, and keep them in. Placement on the serve was very good. I was having difficulty hitting harder, flat serves, however. Hitting the corners on the serve was simple. This racquet is almost like getting a car that you would have never expected to get [like a gift], but in the end, it is a great car, and you eventually begin to like it. Overall... (ratings on a scale of 1 to 10--1 being the worst, and 10 the best) Groundstrokes: 9/10 Volleys: 8/10 Serves/Overheads: 8/10 Anon, 05/09

Comments: This is a very nice racquet. The spin and power on the racquet are excellent, my backhand is very effective, but I am having trouble with my forehand shots, which actually surprised me. I think itís the strings that came with it. Otherwise I love this racquet glad I bought it. The graphics on the racquet I love it really cool.
From: Ian, Jamaica, 05/09
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina Synthetic Gut 16 @ 60lbs

Comments: The racket is pretty good. There is a lot of control, but I can't get power, so I want to lower my tension and get better strings.
From: Sandy, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Head ETS 60 pounds (don't use them I got it for free)

Comments: I am an intermediate advanced player and I just got to say that this racquet is awesome. You don't want to string with to high tension or else you will lose some feel and power. With this, I can hit every shot with power and spin anywhere I want, so I highly recommend this racquet. But, if you want more maneuverability, find the Team version.
From: Kevin, Houston, TX, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut Duraflex 17g @ 57
Headsize: 107sq in.

Comments: This is an all around racquet. Very good on groundstrokes and you can create unbelieveable spin. It can race head to head with Babolat racquets on spin category, but it has even better control. It feels lighter than the weight written in the specs. So it's also a very maneuverable racquet. Great buy for this price, definitely recommended.
From: Ozan Apayd‡n, Kocaeli, Turkey. 04/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid (Xcel + Pro Hurricane)

Comments: I just ordered two of these racquets after trying it out. This racquet produces amazing spin and helps boost my serve quite a bit. It is also much easier to hit winners with since it provides more power than some of the other head racquets such as the radical line. This racquet is also at an incredible price so do not hesitate to buy it if you like it! I liked everything about this racquet.
From: David, NY
String type and tension:Synthetic gut 61lbs

Comments: After looking to buy a racquet for up to six months I decided to go with this Head Extreme Pro because I saw a trend of one-handed backhanders using this racquet. I must admit I was really excited and happy to get the racquet but I have absolutely no feel with it. My volleys are bad, I can only hit my volleys in the middle of the court with no placement. My forehand, which is one of the best parts of my game, is way off. Coincidentally, my backhand is really good with it, and I can generate amazing backhand drop shots. I think I'm going to switch back to my Ti Radical OS.
From: Brandon, Del Rey Oaks, CA, USA

Comments: This racket is amazing, runs through my one-handed backhand nicely, getting nice topspin and deep into the court. The forehand is what I have trouble with. I feel that sometimes its hard to generate enough power to get a nice penetrating shot, but the spin is good. I think that reason for the lack of power, might be the strings that come with this racket. The strings that come with the racket are terrible. If your one who can break strings easily, play with the string until the break. For those who don't, cut them out cause they are bad. Strings lasted me 2 hours. I had a tennis match and I broke all strings on the 3 rackets I bought.
From: Chris, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: 58 Topspin cyber blue/Gosen og micto

Comments: I have been using my old Head Liquidmetal ever since I cracked my Babolat, and I am not sure if this is a good racket. I have been looking at this one and some other head flexpoint. By the looks of the reviews, I suppose it is.
From: Brandon, Midland, TX, USA, 03/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, 62

Comments: Guess what, this racquet is the 1st I said yes in the first few hits. The balance is great, which makes you feel like it's a light racquet even it weights 315g. The sweet spot is quite big; topspin and the speed have a good performance. The best string which matches this, to me, is Head Fibergel, although its not long lasting, but it matches perfectly, you guys may have a try on that. I have been sticking to this racquet for few months already. It comes out a sentence: Its one of the best racquets I have ever taken!"
From: Katherine, Hong Kong, China. 04/09
String type and tension: Head Fibergel spin 16, 60lbs

Comments: I've been using this racket since January(2009), and it is truly a great stick! I'm a heavy hitting, paint the baseline type player and I never really liked Head but for the price there isn't a better deal. Immediately I noticed the massive amounts of topspin that this racket generates, I've played with Wilson's and Babalots but could never get the topspin action that I do from my Extreme Pro. Another thing noticed is that the Extreme is much more maneuverable than its 11.8oz belies which is nice for my one-handed back hand, however, it feels a bit less stable at impact than KBlade/Pure-Drive. This racket offers pin point accuracy when you hit the generous sweet-spot but off hits do feel a bit board-like so I wouldn't recommend for beginners. All in All I love this stick and once you get used to the spin/weight/feel it can be a powerful weapon!
From: R. Spencer Herron, Charlotte, NC USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II @61 Lbs.
Headsize: 100 in2

Comments: I used to play with a Dunlop 200G and I needed a new racquet pronto! So I tried out this one and I LOVED the ground strokes. My backhand has improved so much, better than my forehand now. Also I was never the best at volleys but the stability of this racquet has really helped me with this. The only tiff I have about this one is that my serve has kind of suffered. I'm still finding my groove with the serve, which used to be my strongest part of my game. Overall I am impressed with this racquet!
From: Mike, NY. 04/09
String type and tension: 65lbs

Comments: Great all-around racket for advanced players. Versatility is the key. Already somewhat stable in stock form, even better with lead. Can generate a ton of spin with this racket. Some rackets are great on some shots but weak for others, I'd say this racket is good to very good for every shot in the book. Pure serve and volleyers or pure baseliners might do better with something else, but for a true all court game this racket excels. Much better than the new version with the teflon grommets.
From: Jake, Syosset, NY. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @ 52/Forten Sweet 16 @ 58

Comments: Truly an amazing tennis racquet. Much, much better than the new one. Better feel, much more maneuverable, less powerful, more of a players' racquet.
From: Danny, Fort Myers, Florida, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power 16L @51 lbs

Comments: This racquet has a very different feel. I haven't got the same feeling before with Wilson or any other Head racquet. You may adore it or you may hate it. Both are possible. It's not a Pure Drive though because control is dominant over power. This microgel thing is really interesting. With center hits you feel some explosion. But if you hit off-center then you get a board-y feel. String choice and tension are important. I suggest mid tension with multifilament strings. With Babolat Pro Hurricane at high tensions you feel like you hit with a wooden board. Overall a very spin friendly racquet. It excels at the net with a light feel. Groundstrokes are good but I couldn't achieve a flat bomb serve with this stick. Whatever I do it goes spinny. Of course serve percentage is very high because of this extra spin.
From: Jordy, 12/08

Comments: These are my first impressions after 15-minute strokes. First of all this racquet feels very light although I was expecting a heavier one. This is a good thing for volleys and it plays greatly at the net. On the other hand, groundstrokes are not at that level because of the lightweight feel. Maybe this is also because I use a high tension on the strings. This is not a power racquet as described in the review and feedbacks. It's more on the control side of the chart. Serves looks O.K. I'll write back again after a 2 week trial.
From: Ozan, Turkiye, 12/08
String type and tension: M: Babolat Hybrid Pro Hurricane @ 58.5 lbs, X: Babolat Xcel @ 60.5 lbs

Comments: Well I play division II college tennis. I just got this racquet and I can see that it is okay. I switched from the Babolat AeroPro cortex so it was a major change. I prefer the Babolat though. This racquet is not bad but the grommet cracked from one contact scrape from a forehand shot. Overall, good control but hard to get use to.

Comments: I don't know if this racquet is for me. I can play fairly good with my friend's Babolat Pure Drive racquet, but its fairly to expensive for me at this moment. So is this a racquet that a good switch for me?
From: Chris, Houston, TX, US. 11/08
Headsize:100 sq.

Comments: I bought this racquet as a 3.0 to 3.5 player at best. It quickly launched my game to a new level. This may be due to the mediocre racquet I had before but I love it nonetheless. I demoed many kinds of racquets beforehand such as Ncode's, K factors, and Prince O3's, none of which felt as good for a baseline counter-puncher like me. Precision and power make this racquet a delight to play with. I've just ordered my second.
From: Stefan, Woodinville, WA, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane 17 @ 58 and Wilson NXT tour 16 @61
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I lost some serve skills with this racquet comparing to head prestige. Overall, I think this racquet is player friendly. It has a nice topspin. It does everything well but not particularly anything supper. Using it now until I can find something better.
From: CV, San Jose, CA, 11/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough
NTRP Rating: N/A

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet since summer and I am amazed at how much better I have become. Before I bought this racquet, I could not place my shots with such accuracy. I could not keep the majority of my shots in bounds. I was using the Big Banger ALU power strings. But, after reading up on the Luxilon TiMO 18G (1.10). I switched to that string and then I unlocked the true potential of this racquet. Not only could I do all the above, but I could do more... I could crank down the line forehands around 100 MPH and get them to land on the baseline. I can get a touch on lobs that are incredibly accurate. Despite me only being a 3.5 NTRP player... my shots are generally easy despite the moments that I use the wrong technique... Use this Racquet with Luxilon TiMO 18G(1.10) strings and you WILL NOT regret set-up. It will help if you have a regular gym workout. Because, you need some considerable muscle for those down the line forehands.
From: Kevin, Maple Heights, OH, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Luxilon TiMO 18g (1.10) 59lbs (Will Probably String higher in future)

Comments: I just recently upgraded from the regular extreme. This is beautiful to hit with. I made a good decision switching.
From: Untalan, Cerritos. 11/08
String type and tension: Blue gear @ 61

Comments: I played with the Babolat Pure Drive for many years and recently switched to the Head Extreme Pro. After playing with the Extreme Pro for several months I am returning back to the Pure Drive as I feel that the Extreme Pro has a bit too much power and lacks the feel that I had with the Pure Drive.
From: Chris, Tacoma, WA, USA, 10/08

Comments: Amazing... I bought this racquet yesterday, simply amazing, feels so solid, great swing. I lost a little bit of power on my server because I bought a larger grip then I'm used to. But it feels like you're playing with a racquet that fell right out of heaven!
From: Logan, IN. USA. 10/08
String type and tension: Isospeed 17 55 lbs.

Comments: To the guy below me try demoing this and the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick. Awesome stick, has just the perfect amount of control and power for me, just can't stop hitting with it.
From: Nes, PA, USA. 9/08
String type and tension: 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I am demoing this frame now. It plays wonderfully from all aspects of the court - can hit flat, can summon wicked spin easily, has good heft for heavy hitting; great on groundies, serves, volleys, overheads. The racket responds really well to whatever you ask it to do. The downside is that my elbow has started bothering me after playing with this racket. I do not usually have elbow problems. Other than that it is a beautifully playing frame especially if you are used to heavier more control oriented frames and want a racket that will do a little more for you. My usual racket is a Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.1 (16 x 18) with 16g Luxilon Big Banger Rough strung at 63 lbs. The elbow thing is obviously a deal breaker, but I have to say I love the frame.
From: Cyrus, Morristown, NJ. 9/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane (in demo)
Headsize: 100 sq. in. (demo)

Comments: I want a racquet that has power, control and spin (specially power), but I don't know if this is the correct one (please answer back)
From: Diego, Mallorca, Palma, Spain. 9/08

Comments: I have had about a couple hours hit with this racquet and it goes like a dream. I agree that is gives awesome topspin and it's great for baseline rallies. I also found that its volleying is pretty good, can't play with it at the moment though, got a buggered foot. I can't wait to get on court and have a hit. I recommend this one.
From: Eli. 9/08

Comments: Nice racquet a bit too much power. If you can hit spin well than extra power wont be a problem. I'll just say that my forehands look like huge kick serves with this racquet
From: Anon, Austin, TX, USA, 09/08

Comments: This is probably one of the best racquets I have ever played with. It really increased the potential of my game and helped me improved all parts of my game. My forehand became more powerful and I was able to add more spin when needed. My backhand was one of my weak points, but that ended now that I got this. My serve was always my best weapon, and it was gotten even more precise and powerful with the Extreme Pro. Volleying has also really good feel and control. All in all, an awesome racquet.
From: Arsalan, Hillsborough, NJ, USA. 8/08
String type and tension: Head Intellistring, 60
Headsize: Midplus
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - 5.0

Comments: Wow! This is some racquet. For years I’ve been playing with a pro staff 95 16x18. The staff has amazing control and plenty of power, but after gradually changing my grip from continental to semi western and then full western, the string pattern was no longer open enough. I play a heavy baseline game and depend on precision to win. With a full western many of my shots would land long by only inches. Not quite enough spin. I tested a large number of sticks with more open string patterns but had problems with the extremely lightweight ones or the large heads. This 100 square inch head still allows me plenty of control and the 11.8 oz weight (an ounce less than my staff) allows me to generate sick head speed to get my topspin. Now I make an effort to land the ball deeper. This stick is solid, heavy, spin friendly, and very control oriented. I ordered 2 and will now use this as my new racquet. I really believed that nothing compared to a pro staff. I may need to re think this.
From: Jeff, State College, PA, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Silent partner headspin at 52

Comments: This is the BEST racquet I have ever hit with! My entire game has improved, especially my forehand. The control I get with this racquet is unreal, about 80% to 90% of my shots go in. Plus my tennis elbow has gone away since I stopped using my Prince O3 Tour. I completely recommend this racquet to 3.5 players and above who want exceptional control and power. Try out the Luxilon strings below too.
From: Sam, Rochester, NH, US. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon BB XP 15L Yellow @ 53 lbs

Comments: As with anything, it all depends what you're looking for. The 100 sq in size, along with a more rounded shape, likely wouldn't suit someone who likes his racquet to feel whippy. For myself, that's not an issue. The sweet spot is generous, the access to spin is awesome, which has allowed me to take a big cut at the ball. The feel is solid and crisp, and I found the weight and balance to my liking at the net. Overall I'm very pleased.
From: Derel, Canada. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Rough 16L Main, Wilson Sensation 16 cross
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: I love this racket! It a couple of days of hitting to adjust to the new swingweight and head size (I played with the Head i Radical 98sq in). After I got all the timing down, the racket produces beautiful spin and power. I think it's a bit too powerful, but the spin will keep everything in play. Definitely a racket for 4.0+.
From: Gabriel, Minneapolis, MN, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Gamma Synthetic Gut 15 - 60lbs

Comments: This is a great stick for my serve, volleys and groundstrokes, but I didn't like the shape of the grip. The grip itself would slip out of my hand if I got a little sweaty, so I recommend using an overgrip. Other than that everything is good.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I absolutely love this racquet; it challenges me to improve myself. With Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L String, it's very easy to control my shots. However, I feel that I need to be a stronger hitter to bring out it's true potential. But, with this racquet I feel that it's very possible for me to become a big hitter like the pros; as soon as I increase my max bench to 300lbs... Shots don't easily go out of play with this racquet; even when I have to make a dive for a shot. Gets a lot of pop off a clean hit. However, it will act up if you miss the sweet spot. I haven't quite figured out how to hit a flat backhand shot with this racquet; it always hits the net. But when I return a shot deep down the line off of a serve on the backhand side, it produces the most wicked inside out topspin I have even seen from any of my previous racquets before; with almost no effort.
From: Kevin, Maple Heights, OH, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L String @ 58lbs

Comments: Great stick, my game improved dramatically, adding more control, stability and feel to my strokes.

Comments: This racket has OK power but seriously lacks in feel and has less control than a bug driving a motorcycle. I have now changed to the Wilson KSix One 95.
From: Jamie, Great Falls, VA. 7/08
String type and tension: Head RIP 58lbs

Comments: I hate this stick. It's the worst, no power, no control, and no feel. I will never use it again!

Comments: Great balanced racquet. Way better then Gamma's new line of racquets.
From: bill, long beach, California, US. 6/08

Comments: Used to use nCode nSix-One 95. I'm now using this racket, and it just catapulted my game. It felt cleaner and nicer to hit the ball, and the topspin it produces is great. Feels nice with every stroke, especially with my one hander. Love this racket, recently bought three of them, very happy I did.
From: Hal, San Diego, CA. 6/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough/Wilson Gut@58lbs

Comments: Fantastic stick! Just got mine last week, I ordered 4 racquets, strung them with Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 16 at 47 lbs. Just love them, I really struggle to get the ball out of court (all the balls land on court) and my forehand, that I usually struggle to control, is working like a dream. The topspin backhand, my favorite shot, is just unbelievable in pace and control. Contrary to some reviews the volleying is also very good. The weight and balance of this racket is just perfect for me. I was using the Wilson n6.1 Team (European model 295 gr) and I really struggled to control the ball unless I was hitting just in the middle of the racket. I demoed the Extreme Pro and the k6.1, the k6.1 destroyed my arm, elbow and shoulder after half an hour of play. The Extreme Pro just made me fall in love with it from the moment I hit the first shot. I decided to use a "non Wilson" frame for the first time in more than 20 years! It is also the first time in my life that I own a Head racket as well. The sweetspot of this racket is extremely generous and at this time in life that is what I need.I am a doubles player and I am over 40, for me this racket is the ideal playing partner that I have been looking for ages!
From: Tim, UK. 6/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 16 at 47 lb

Comments: Great racket, really improved my game in leaps and bounds. Due to my full western grip I needed a racket with a bit more power but with more weight and control unlike the Aero Pro Drive, and I found it in this racket. Definitely deserves a demo.

Comments: I was disappointed when Wilson lightened up the Surge x line and looked at getting an updated and heavier version of it. After a lot of demos I landed with the Extreme Pro and am very happy with it. I find you have to experiment with tension, especially using all Luxilon. I found the mid tension just right. Great spin off the backhand is my weapon!
From: Michael, NYC. 5/08
String type and tension: Luxilon 53lbs

Comments: I'm changing from Head Liquidmetal Radical OS to this racquet. I would say the Extreme {ro loses a bit of control and gains a bit of power. I'd like it a little better in control and that would be perfect. Overall, it's still a good racquet.
String type and tension: Head Rip Control - 57

Comments: I used to use an AerpPro Drive and a Pure Drive Roddick. I always had trouble keeping the ball in even if I hit within a foot or two over the net from 3 feet behind the baseline. This racquet isn't necessarily under powered, but it provides more spin and directional control. I feel like I can take full swings at the ball and focus on the game instead of worrying about my swing in order to keep the ball in. Don't let the "L4" swing style fool you. I have a very full and fast swing, anything less and it's Christmas for your opponent. If you have the same problem I do and find that you're hitting good strokes but your balls are landing a foot long, forget the Babolats and the Head Microgel Radical Pro (I tried that one too) and pick this up fo sho.
From: Kyle, LA, CA, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough mains. Tecnifibre X-One Biphase cross 59/57
Headsize 100

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for almost a year now and am very pleased with the results I get. It provides good control both from baseline rallies as well as up at the net. You don't have to swing too aggressively to hit a penetrating shot, but when you need it, trust me, it's there. Serving is a blast as you can really spin the ball and hit some nice kickers. You can also blast a flat one with relative ease. The large sweetspot is also a nice touch to this already impressive racquet. If you're a doubles player and you want/need a lot of feel at net, I would suggest the sister racquet (not the Pro version). That racquet is a little lighter and gives you a lot of feel at net. Overall, this is a wonderful well-rounded racquet that has a little something for everyone.
From: John, Aurora, OH, United States. 5/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 - 58 lbs

Comments: Just a beautiful racquet. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to my stick, and after demo'ing 18 different models across all the major manufacturers, the Head Extreme Pro gets the nod. Heavy and stiff enough to be incredibly stable, but substantially headlight to be maneuverable and not wear you out. A great racquet to serve with as well, incredibly easy to control. Highly recommended!
From: Sean, Melbourne, VIC., Australia. 5/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Fluoro, 58 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq in
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I hit some of the best returns and volleys with this racquet in recent memory, sure and solid thanks to that firm flex and 332 swingweight. Groundstrokes similarly penetrating with plenty of spin. The difficulty comes on serve; that 332 swingweight takes a lot of muscle to get going and I never really found a groove on serve, especially second serve where I really need plenty of racquet speed. If you can whip this racquet on the serve, it's hard to beat for the rest of your game. Much more comfortable than the similar PDR.
From: Ollinger, Nyack, 04/08
Headsize: MP

Comments: I bought this racquet used from a friend who was not using it because didn't like it. The first day I used it, I loved it. Very good balance, excellent control and good power. On my groundstrokes I noticed that 90% of the balls bound near the baseline. I have been playing with a Liquidmetal 4 so I thought this racquet could be too heavy for me. But it really surprised me. I feel it has the perfect weight for my playing style. At the net it feels very solid and accurate. Backhand strokes are very easy to perform. I don't know the sting tension it came with, but I feel it to solid. I would prefer some lb less. Summary: Excellent racquet!! I truly recommend it for players who like strike hard.
From: Alejandro, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 4/08
String type and tension: Head Original

Comments: This racquet is by far the best suited for me. I switched from a Babolat Pure Drive Standard Cortex and never looked back once. The mix of control and power is second only to the comfort in your hands. My one-handed backhand has improved greatly as well as all my slice and topspin shots. Without a doubt worth a demo at the very least. I own 3 and don't plan on stopping there!
From: Chuck, NEPA. 4/08
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash @ 60lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: This is a very good racquet. Serving is a beaut with this stick. It's very easy to generate spin on both serves and groundstrokes. Excellent stick in a baseline rally. When returning a serve, it is so comfortable because of the Microgel technology. I would recommend this stick to anyone trying to boost his/her game. The Ashway kevalar/ gut hybrid is beaut with this racquet. The best control and spin I have seen ever! Out of 10 I would give it a 9.5.
String type and tension: Ashway Crossfire 2 16 strung at 60 lbs

Comments: Let's face it, it's never the equipment, but what you do from the moment you wake 'til you sleep. This is a nice stick, good balance and a deceptive swingweight that's easy to control. The rest is up to you.
From: A.L., U.S. 3/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17g @ 58

Comments: I love this racquet. It has perfect weight, and you can get a good feel for the ball.
From: Debbi, Florida, USA. 3/08

Comments: Great racquet. I played with Donnay/Head Radical line up to Liquidmetal, then switched to Babolat for more power. I like the power of the Pure Drives and AeroPro Drive Cortex, but they were pain to the shoulders when serving and overhead. I tried the Extreme Pro and loved it. Just what I always wanted, more power, spin friendly, and no pains in the shoulder due to being less stiff. Love the yellow/black/white color scheme. It's not as good looking as the APDC, but love it.
From: Lok, CA, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Sonic at 57lbs

Comments: I've played with this racquet for about a year. It hits great. It has a nice swing, and pretty good power. It can give a lot of spin on the ball, which is great in singles play.
From: Josh, Cape May, New Jersey, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 2 55lbs

Comments: This racquet is very solid off the ground and for volleys. The heavier wieght makes it really crisp. If you have solid strokes, you will find this to your liking. I was also very impressed by the spin I was getting of the ground but especially on the serve. I really enjoyed serving with this one because it produced both great spin and easy access to pace. Definitely one someone 3.5+ should try.
From: Rocco, Rome, Italy. 2/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 55 lbs.

Comments: This is the first racquet that I have been able to use that has just 16 main strings. I have always used Head racquets (12 yrs). For most of it, I was using the Radicals, but for the last two, I moved to the Prestige. Both of those had 18 mains and a much tighter string bed. I made the switch to the Prestige because the weight gave me more punch on volleys and serves. However, the Extreme Pro has a very similar total weight, but its balance allows me to swing harder. Also, usually on 16 main string beds, I felt like I'ld lose control a bit on groundstrokes. With this strung tight, I get close to the same feel as I did with Prestige. Overall, I recommend at least you give it a try.
From: Chris M, Marietta, GA, USA. 2/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU 62lbs

Comments: Very solid racquet. Just picked mine up the other day and I love it. Serves very well and I was able to generate a lot of pace with it. I may see some comparison to the Pure Drive that other customers have noted, but really only on the serve. The rest of the game, this racquet, for me, plays very different. Groundstrokes for this racquet really shine, especially on forehands. I'm able to generate a tremendous amount of topspin, which really suits my playing style. Backhands were crisp and comfortable. A generous, looping cut is needed to really make this racquet shine. Topspin is where it'll shine.
From: Anon, Miami, FL, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Kirshbaum Pro Line II @ 59 Headsize: 100
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: I demoed this one. It is more or less like an ax. No feeling, no particular power, no nothing.
From: Eraldo, Milan, Italy. 2/08
String type and tension: Head, as in a demo

Comments: The truth is, I really wanted to demo the "non-pro" version of this racquet, but I'm thrilled I didn't! After a two-hour hit, my hitting parter can definitely tell the difference on both ends of my fury. I was able to hit with a lot of topspin and keep it deep in the court. The long grip makes it great for my two-handed backhand, which is more of a keep the ball in play shot. Volleys seem crisp and though I really didn't hit any serves, I have no doubt it will do well in that area. I thought I would have a difficult time getting used to it coming off my i.radical midplus, with a its somewhat lighter and thicker frame, but it just felt right as soon as I started hitting. Definitely, give this one a shot.
From: Lee, Austin, TX, USA. 1/08

Comments: Hi, I’ve been using this racquet for about 4 months and I have found that it has a lot of vibration. But it has good power and not as much control, I have also tried out different strings, but it makes no difference, overall it is an ok racquet, but there is just so much vibration.
From: Josh, Stirling, South Australia, 01/08
String type and tension: 58lb, pacific dura tech and poly gut.
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: I tried this racquet once and knew it was a keeper. Groundstrokes seem faster and more penetrating with great access to topspin especially if you use the right strings. Being a player who favors his backhand, I found this racquet to be the best as far as an excellent balance of power and control. The weight and stiffness does take a while to get used to, but it does add pace and control to your serves. Good racquet!
From: Joshua, Kingsville, Texas, US. 1/08
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Tour

Comments: I always saw players using this racquet and really didn't like the look of it. It has a big head, and I didn't like the paint job. But those are just visual things. I ended up using one as a demo, and I must say it is a great racquet with a nice balance of control and power. It also has great feel. I've been using the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick, which is fantastic but wanted to see what else was out there for a little more control. I hit big ground strokes off both wings, and I felt I could really get through the ball with this. Serves were a little slower with the racquet, but I found better placement than with my Babolats. For a good player looking for a little more control without losing power, this is worth i try. Although I must say I still don't love the paint job, but I can put that aside for a great racquet!
From: Greg, UK. 1/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 60 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with Head I.radicals for about a year now and I've really liked the feeling from them. However the I.radical was a bit too stiff for my arm and it was really wearing me down. I attempted to find a suitable replacement and when I first used this racket I knew that this was the one even though I did think it had too much power. I say it provides a lot more power than the I.radical but also a lot of control and stability. It's also arm friendly, well to me it is. At baseline my forehands have picked up so much more pace. My backhands has been kind of off lately but I think that's just my form, but when I am able to hit a good backhand over I able to just rip it cross court and right into the corner really easily. With the bigger head size I feel like I could cover the areas at the net a lot better even though the I.radical has a 107 head size. My serve has become more consistent with this racket and I’m able to give my serves a lot more spin as well. I have no problem maneuvering this racket for it isn't that heavy. I have no problem with placement with this racket it's easy to swing and easy to just go from backhand to forehand. My slices have some difficulty getting over the net because of the bulky frame so it usually touches the frame before I could release the ball into the air. With a little bit more work I think I would be able to get my slices onto the other side. Overall I would give this racket a 9/10. I love the feel and stability of this racket. I really dislike the bulky frame. The bulky frame is probably the only reason why I would not give it 10/10. I love the paint job too hahahah. Great racket, I love it.
From: Brian, CA, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane pro at 62 lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet for two weeks, and I loved it so much. I got it two weeks ago. This is an awesome racquet. It has comfort, feel, power and control.
From: Ken, CA, LA. 1/08
String type and tension: ALU Power16 , Wilson NXT 16 @57 Lbs

Comments: This is very balanced racquet. Weight is the only issue, but lead tape usually does the trick. = ) It's very spin friendly, and the paintjob is very vintage.
String type: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour and Head FXP

Comments: I have been using Prince O3 White, but I'm playing better now, and I felt under hard hitting it lacked stability and did little for my weak serve. I tried Pure Drive, and that lacked control and stability on one-handed backhands. Wilson K Factor Six-One 95 is fantastic but was very demanding as it is heavy and very low on power (best stability). This is the best compromise. It has a huge sweetspot and offers a lot of spin. The weight can be felt and is demanding on the physical side but it compensates on stability and power. Great serves and one-handed topspin shots, especially because of the stability. If you're a strong player who hits with lots of spin, I think this is the best on the market.
From: Gustavo, Brazil. 12/07
String type and tension: Signum pro

Comments: I just got mine about a week ago, and I love it. It gives awesome spin on serves and slices. When I want to hit a hard shot, it works perfectly. It doesn't seem heavy at all. Great racquet. Has anyone found the best strings for this? I'd like spin/control/power.
From: Garrett. 12/07

Comments: Bought this racquet after demoing it for a week and must say it's a great racquet for people with a fast swing style looking for some added power and topspin on their strokes. Especially well suited to aggressive or baseline players. Put some Babolat Pro Hurricane and Babolat XCel Premium in the stringbed after purchasing it and produced wicked heavy topspin balls that landed deep in opponent's court and kicked well above their heads. If your a head fan or looking to demo a more spin friendly and poweful racquet this is a definte demo.
From: James, Reno, Nevada , U.S.A. 12/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 60 lbs.

Comments: This is an awesome racquet. Stable on all areas of the court with lots of spin and control. Great for serves and volleys if you can handle the weight.
From: Garry, HI, USA. 12/07
String type and tension: IsoSpeed Baseline Control @ 65 lbs.

Comments: I demoed this for about 10 hours of play, demo from TW. Suffice it to say, it was a hit as I just purchased it. Pluses: best slice serve I have ever been able to achieve. I do not get into the marketing statements too much; but the shape of the head & size, I believe does allow for wicked spin. Slice backhands were great, not my usual BH, but when pulled wide go to this and had excellent results. I liked the weight, the control and did not have a problem with maneuverability,
From: Alan, Philadelphia, Pa. 2/07
String type and tension: KLIP Legend 18 60Lbs

Comments: This is a Babolat Pure Drive with more weight overall, more mass in the head, and a little less power. That being said, swing fast on a topspin forehand or a slice first serve and the results are as big or bigger than a Pure Drive but with a softer feel. Great stick for old men hackers.
From: Gerry, Bradenton, FL, USA. 12/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17 g

Comments: I upgraded from my trusty LM Instinct, which I played with for about 2 years to this new stick. The first thing I noticed was the added stability from the extra weight (I also added lead tape at 12 o'clock to customize the balance). My serve is more solid from the extra heaft. Like the LM Instinct, groundstrokes are crisp and clean. I'm a grinding baseliner and this reacquet is good for counter punching along with attacking. Solid racquet from HEAD.
From: Matt, Shelby, Michigan. 11/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 @ 55lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 / High School

Comments: After playing with the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick and having no feel and too much power then Wilson kSix-0ne 90 being hard to hit consistently, I tried the Head Extreme Pro and think it's the best racquet available. It provides excellent spin, slice and serves. It has power but not too much. The feel is unmatched, and the grip shape just fits awesome. This racquet does everything very well.
From: Jason, Marietta, GA, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Spiky 16G @ 57 pounds

Comments: I was starting to get tired of the lack of weight in my Npro surge by Wilson so I decided to demo a good few racquets. I got the two new Prince Speedports (black, tour). both good on serve, but black added too much on groundies and Tour was too little. I also got the AeroPro Drive w/cortex- - great spin and good on the groundies but compared to the others on the serve it was completely lacking. Now to the extreme pro: I found excellent spin on the slice one-handed backhand and great pace and depth on ripping topspin forehands. At the net, the stability of the racquet showed, on punching volleys I found great depth and accuracy, I could place the ball anywhere in the court. By far my favorite stroke with this racquet was the serve. My first serve was amazingly powerful, and the spin on the second was impressive. The only shot I couldn't seem to accomplish with this racquet was the lob. It's the only time I think a little less power would be good. Overall the best racquet in the midplus category, excellent combination of power and control! Great choice for a 3.5+ player.
From: Daniel, Mililani, Hawaii, USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Head poly at 60lbs
Headsize:100"
NTRP Rating:3.5-4.0

Comments: I bought this racquet off a whim (now a lesson learned), and knew I would dislike it from the moment the ball touched the racquet. This is because I thought the frame was too stiff and powerful and seemed a bit light for a professional racquet. If you like a flexible, control-oriented frame or are a competent pro tennis player, I wouldn't recommend this racquet.
From: Carl, Mackay, QLD, Australia. 10/07
NTRP Rating: Junior Player

Comments: I Have just gotten back into tennis after a long break and some shoulder surgeries (about 15 years since competitive junior play). Used to play the Prince CTS Approach & Synergy 28 in those days and now trying to find the right racquet. Have recently been playing with a Prince TT hornet MP, but it is way too light (10.4oz) and too powerful, as I am a baseliner and don't really suffer from a lack of power--need more control. So I tried my brother in law's Head Extreme Pro--WOW! Really loved this racquet from the baseline. Awesome control and great spin and power. As others have stated, even though it is 11.8oz strung--it does not feel heavy at all. Great all around racquet with plenty of power--especially off the serve. All in all really impressed. First "modern day" racquet I have hit in the last year since playing again.
From: Kevin, Columbia, SC, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: 60lbs
Headsize: MP 100

Comments: I tried both versions (Pro and non pro) and I preferred the standard version: good power, excellent spin and maneuverability. I found the pro very difficult to maneuver (specially on my one handed backhand) and very powerful. Very good for serving.
From: Diego, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 08/07
String type and tension: monofilament, 55lb

Comments: I demoed this racquet for about 2 hours over the course of the day during our tennis regionals and I absolutely loved it! My shots were loaded with topspin and my accuracy was flawless. After demoing some other racquets (Yonex RDS, Wilson nCode 95, Prince 03 Tour) a few weeks later I decided that this was the racquet for me. This racquet really allows me to open up on my shots and smash my backhands. Volleys were great, and the only problem I had was adjusting my serve with it. I also think it would be better if it had some Babolat Hurricane Tour strings in the mains... And it looks sweet...
From: Reid, West Michigan, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 57 pounds
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: What a racquet! I'm coming from the RDX 500 Mid and demoed this along with the k6.1 95 18x20 and Dunlop Aerogel 200. Was about to get the Aerogel but found this one just lying in my bag. It offers incredible spin and power, along with a very solid serve. What fun to play with!
From: Anon, Australia, 07/07
String type and tension: A white poly

Comments: I've played Prince and Wilson over the past 15 years, and just switched to this racquet. I am a lefty and use a great deal of topspin as well as kick serves and was seeking a racquet that gave me more power on my first serve as well as additional control on my groundstrokes. Despite the weight of this racquet, but because the weight is so even through the racquet I was immediately able to control where I wanted the ball to go and my first serve was dramatically improved in terms of speed and consistency. One caveat I found - you can't be lazy with this racquet. Good form and follow through on all shots are a must, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just something to keep in mind.
From: Tim, Lakewood, CO, USA, 07/07

Comments: I said in an earlier comment that this racket was one of the best that I have used. I would like to qualify that statement and say that it is the best racket I have ever used! It does everything that I expect from a racket and makes the game so fun to play. The combination of power when you need it and control all of the time is its greatest quality. Great job Head!
From: Barry, San Jose, CA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Babolat Xcell premium 60 lbs

Comments: I thought that this racquet with its head size wasn’t going to be right for me. But I still demoed it and I loved it. I much preferred the weight of this racquet compared to the Microgel extreme. Plenty of feel and power and even better with Pro Hurricane strings.
From: Patrick, Adelaide, Australia, 07/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18s @ 56
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: Contrary to the negative reports on here, I thought the action on the Pro Extreme was solid. It has somewhat of a heavy swing-weight but the fact that it is a bit lighter than your standard 12 oz. racket ensures that it is maneuverable. It is extremely solid and the ball comes off the face authoritatively with no ping. I tried the lighter Extreme and hated it, especially at net where the ball would dribble off the racquet face unless you hit the sweet spot dead center. Whatever others say about it, take it with a grain of salt without trying it out for yourself.
From: Mike, Louisville, KY, USA, 07/07