Comments: This is a great raquet for a player that wants to improve like I did. I can tell you with this racquet I got to be pretty good.
From: Alan, 9/12

Comments: This is an excellent racquet. Like all of the Microgel series and most Head frames, the feel is solid. I would suggest a little customization as the frame plays better with a little mass added to the hoop (6 grams or so), but it plays well without any added lead tape as well. Control is surprisingly good for such a stiff frame with an open string pattern. The sweetspot is large and the frame generates a HUGE amount of spin, almost too much. I added lead to assist flattening out my shots. With the spin and circular head shape, this racquet is extremely forgiving which is important given the racquet head speed that the aero beam allows you to generate. All in all, highly recommended if you can tolerate the stiffness of the frame. A big plus is that this frame is suitable for the beginning to the advanced player. As your skills improve, just move to a more control- oriented poly and add some lead tape to the frame.
From: Patrick, 9/12
String type and tension: Tourna Big Hitter Black 7 @ 53 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet and one I am using after going from the Liquidmetal Radical OS. This racquet has a very solid feel and performs well from all areas of the court. The HL balance feels very quick at net which has made me more comfortable at net. Bottom line, it's a great racquet at a great price.
String type and tension: Head Syn Gut @ 57 lbs

Comments: I have been using this racquet for several months and have been very happy. This racquet has the right amount of power and control. My 2 are currently strung with Head FXP Tour at 57 lbs and that seems to be a very good combination. This is a great racquet at a very good price.
String type and tension: Head FXP Tour, 57 lbs

Comments: Tried this stick off the shelf at the local Sports Authority. Immediately loved it, went and bought another. They no longer sell it, so I'm thrilled that TW now has it. I will probably purchase my third soon. Incredible value at $70, then strung is another bonus. I like it right off the shelf with the Head Sonic Pro poly at 57 lbs. The racquet has lots of control. I used to have problems with groundies sailing on me but not with this little gal. The weight is just right for me - it's heavy enough to be very stable, yet light enough to easily maneuver in those quick doubles volley exchanges. Although some will want more power, I would say the power is okay - as good or better than most other control racquets I've tried. It's a little twangy off the shelf but add a TW worm vibration dampener, and it's tight as a drum. Good luck if you try it.
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro, 57lbs (pre-strung)
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I got this stick a month ago as a gift for making the school tennis team. It's really cool. Being 12 years old, I could blast line drives with this stick. I'm glad it is a good all-around racquet at a good price.
From: Ed, 4/12

Comments: I just bought one of these racquets over spring break. I have not used it much but it feels perfect on swings. I feel like it will help me as my control and power are not quite balanced. It also looks great and feels very comfortable (especially since I have been using a old Wilson with the grip pealing off, a slight bend in the frame, and a dent in the top).
From: Isaac, 4/12

Comments: This is very good racquet in terms of play (volleys, spin, power & control). I like its specifications also. I am hard hitter and likes to play from baseline and after playing a few times I feel pain in my elbow and shoulder. I gave it to my wife and she is really liking it.
From: NikHil, 3/12

Comments: It's a very good racket. Decent control, large sweet spot enough power and enormous top spin. But after playing with this for like 3-4 months I have felt slight discomfort in my elbow -- I am not sure if the racket is to blame or my 4 days a week of hard hitting.
From: Rashid, 2/12

Comments:I really enjoyed playing with this racquet last Saturday. It seemed to be a natural fit for my style of playing, which is hard baseline and agressive net volleys. I found great maneuverability and easy placement of the ball on most forehand and backhand shots. Spin shots were easier too. I am seriously considering the purchase of one of these.
From: Mike, Seattle, WA USA

Comments: I currently play with a Head i Radical that is about 8 years old. My frame is starting to crack, so I am looking for a new racquet. I demo'd the Head Microgel Radical and the Babolat AeroPro Cortex along with the Extreme. The Extreme and Babolat are very similar on paper with head size, weight and string pattern. I found I prefer the 16/19 string pattern better offered on the Extreme as it gives more topspin on ground strokes and more spin on serve. I also prefer the weight distribution of the Extreme over the Babolat. I found the Babolat to be too heavy in the handle. The Head Extreme is a very solid feeling racquet providing excellent control and more spin than the 18/19 string pattern.
From: Greg, Cheyenne, WY. 11/08

Comments: Great racquet! I was looking for something with more pop to replace my Head i.radical mps, but with the same control and feel. I am a 38-year-old baseliner with a western forehand and big serve, but have lost some arm strength over the years and I still play against some very hard hitting college players and need to keep up with them (or at least try to). The open stringbed gives my forehand and kick serve a great deal of topspin, and the racquet is light and maneuverable so I can stay on the baseline with the hard hitters and not get blown off the court by their pace. I come to the net once a match (to shake hands) so I cannot comment on this racquet's performance when volleying. Other racquets I tried were the Head i.extreme, i.speed, Liquidmetal OS, Prince Precision OS, Diablo XP OS, O3 White, O3 Red, Shark MP and DB Shark MP and Nadal's and Roddick's Babolat racquets. This racquet was by far the best of the group. VERY satisfied with this racquet!
From: Paul, Minneapolis, MN, USA. 9/08
String type and tension: poly 17 mains/sensation 17 crosses 58/54
NTRP Rating: 5.0 baseliner

Comments: I recently switched to this racket. A very nice racquet, I prefer my KFactor 6.1. This raquet has great control and power, I string mine with a mix of Gamma Professional and Luxilon Alu Power Rough. Great durablity, power, and control. I recommend this racquet to whoever loves tennis and has fair swing styles.

Comments: I have heard complaints about the lack of comfort with this racket but could not really tell with my short demo of it. I am a head customer for life and am trying to decide between the mg radical mp and this racket, any suggestions?
From: anon. 9/08

Comments: Best choice for less muscular, high performance players!! This is the most satisfying stick during my 37-year of tennis history. I'm in my early 50s trying to improve my all-around game, especially to sharpen my aggressive topspin groundies on both sides, but as I grew older my choice of racquet weight got lighter and had difficulties in finding a model weighing 10.0 ~ 10.3 oz., slightly head light and medium low power. I've used some Yonex and numerous Prince models - I hate the Wilson feel- but the new Prince O3 series sticks got heavier than previous ones and felt dumb at contact so I switched to HEAD racquets. There are many good models in HEAD line-up but most player's racquets are heavy for me. Metallix 2 is a good stick but it's not for fast swingers - 4.8 pts head heavy while a little too light-9.8 Oz. Extreme Team is now my final choice I have no complaint for six months. Swing speed is very satisfying though its beam width is not the slimmest among contemporary racquets. Very stable, spin-friendly and has sufficient power at any stages. Contact feel is solid and comfortable.
From: Dan, South Korea. 9/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Ace 18g, 57

Comments: I'm looking for a comfortable racket with a mid plus head size, i am currently playing doubles on a varsity team and really like hitting with head rackets! Does anyone have suggestions?

Comments: I usually play with a Wilson K factor 6.1- 95 that I love, but on long matches my arm gets tired and I start wishing for a lighter frame. On a hunch I bought the Microgel Extreme and fell in love with it right away! In fact, the other day I lost the 1st set against a guy who was hitting hard, the balls were coming fast and I couldn't complete my strokes quick enough with my Wilson K factor. On the second set I decided that I had nothing to lose and started this set with the Microgel Extreme. I was able to hit through the fast balls and that made the difference, I went ahead to win that set and the match. I am a true believer of this frame, it has a place in my bag against hard hitters and for times when my arm is tired.
From: Luis, Houston, Texas. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Timo 110

Comments: I've played with this racket for 4 months. At the beginning I had some problems regarding control of power. But to get used to a new racket will take some time. I changed the tension of the string and went up to the top limit. Great spin on the forehand, powerfull backhand, good control with the volleys. I switched from Head 630 Radical Flexpoint, but this racket produces much more feel, power and confidence. I will stay with head, thanks a lot, gunter.
From: gunter, worms, germany. 8/08
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 15l duraflex
Headsize: 645sqcm

Comments: The best racquet I've used. Great spin potential and a reasonable amount of power. I definitely recommend it.
From: Tom, Columbus, OH, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: M: Gamma Revelation X: Syn Gut @ 57 lbs.

Comments: Superb feel....great serve...nice pop...excellent spin...and unbelievable control. I was a bit skeptical before buying it, and now I know that it is worth every penny. My serve got a lot faster and has got variety now. I can hit my backhands with more consistency. In the beginning I found it difficult to get adjusted with the extra 0.25 inch. It will take some time to get used to this miraculous stick. I demoed Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex and found that the feel is the same. Still HEAD has got that edge-the X factor over Babolat. I heard that the pro version is even better.
From: Stanley, INDIA. 7/08
String type and tension: HEAD Masters @ 60lbs

Comments: This racket plays amazing from any zone of the court. Thanks, HEAD, I hope you keep doing this good rackets!
From: dido, mexico city, MEX. 7/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Polyspin 16, Wilson nylon at 58 pounds

Comments: One of the best rackets I have ever used. I had tough time changing my Radical Liquidmetal 690 with another racket. I waited and waited and last month, I tried both Extreme versions. The heavier one was awesome, but I liked the lighter version. More maneuverable, spin, power etc. Also, it looks great! I recommend this stick to everyone that likes tons of spin and control. It's best when it's strung 27/26 kg. BIG BRAVO and Loads of Thanks to HEAD!
From: Arben, Kosova, Europe. 7/08
String type and tension: Kirschbaum 130 mm

Comments: I have had this racquet for almost 2 years. I thought it was great up until the last few moths. It killed my arm. I haven't played tennis in 3 months and I have been in physical therapy every day for 2 hours. If you have had shoulder and elbow problems in the past, I strongly advise against this racquet.
From: Patrick, PA. 7/08
String type and tension: Prince Lightning- 55
Headsize: mid

Comments: This racquet is magnificent in all aspects of my game. From strong groundstrokes, to crisp volleys, and booming serves this racquet provides me with everything. I have to admit the racquet needs a little more heft, but a little customization and this racquet will be your new wand, future Harry Potters...XD Anyways great job, Head!
From: Anonymous, Toronto, Canada. 7/08
String type and tension: Dunlop M-Fil and Luxilon Alu Power

Comments: This racquet is amazing. It's the best racquet I have ever played with. I am a good varsity high school player, and it had a lot of spin power and control. I have bought a few now and I think this is really the racquet for me. If you are looking for a good stick, this is the one you need.
From: blake, westerville, ohio, usa. 6/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, VS hybrid

Comments: I bought this racket for control, and I felt on many approach shots and groundstrokes that I wasn't getting that control I wanted. Shots were hit long and wide. However, it does offer a good amount of power. I played with the Head Prestige Microgel and it felt so much better. I suggest it as a demo.
From: Alex, Voorhees, NJ, USA, 06/08
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 17, 57 lbs

Comments: I really love this racquet, I had a Babolat Aero Tour before this one, but I still impressed about the feeling and the control that gives you a lot of chance to hit the ball with power. It's a great blend of power and control. Pretty good for player who likes to hit the ball at baseline. It's similar to a Babolat Pure Drive, but this one is lighter without losing stability and comfort. Thanks, Head, it's a wonderful racquet.
From: Rodrigo, Iquique, Tarapaca, Chile. 6/08
String type and tension: Poliflex, 58 lbs

Comments: I personally think the Head Microgel racquets are the most powerful racquets, but yet they still offer very good spin. I found myself hitting a very good amount of topspin playing with it. I have tried many many racquets, and this is the one I have just said "this racquet is truly amazing." I have tried nearly all the Wilson racquets (didn't like any of them) the Babolats (felt like I was hitting with a trampoline), but overall the Head Microgel racquets are the best.
From: Tillman, Dallas, TX, USA. 6/08
50 Head Sonic Pro
100 sq. inch

Comments: This racket is awesome, I love it, I hit with it for 2 minutes and fell in love with it, I still prefer my Babolat Aero Pro Drive cortex but this one is still just as good
From: Van, Lawrenceville, NJ, USA, 05/08

Comments: I just bought this racquet yesterday, and I can already feel my shots have improved. I used to play with the Wilson KSurge, but this racquet offers a lot more spin and length. Unfortunately I felt that the control wasn't that great but adding weights can easily solve this problem.

Comments: Three words for this racket: Control, Solid and Unexpected. I was a huge Babolat fan before I tried out this racket; I was using Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex with Babolat Tour Duralast @54LB. Then I tried playing with the Head Extreme Strung with Babolat Tour Duralast/Babolat VS Team@53.5LB/55.5LB) ..wooooo, the touch and the feel were amazing. A lot of topspin but still good with flat ball. Serve was lush too, thanks to the VS gut, which gave me the control and the feel.
From: Ricco, Somerset, UK. 5/08
String type and tension: Babolat Tour Duralast/Babolat VS Team @ 53.5LB/55.5LB

Comments: I have hit with this racquet for only two days, and it's the best racquet I have ever used. It's very controllable, adds decent power and has amazing spin. Overall I would suggest this racquet to anyone who plays tennis.
From: Joey F., Norco, CA, United States. 5/08

Comments: Just bought 2 Head extreme without demoing them so that was a bit of chance. I went straight to the court and let me tell you: This is my best buy ever. I have played with many different racquets and this is the best I have ever had. It has great control, great spin, great comfort, it is very solid on every stroke you make; it has improved my game so try it - you will love it.
From: Paul, Denmark, 05/08
String type and tension: Head synthetic gut

Comments: I love this stick. I got two of them, both with Babolat Pro Hurricane at 58. It feels great with lots of spin and control. I say good job, HEAD.
From: Jonathan, Cerritos, CA. 4/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16,58 lbs

Comments: Well, my honeymoon with the racquet was awesome, (the first day or two); after that, I started to miss a heavy and flexible racquet like my Prestige. But all of the sudden, I got used to it, and by the fifth day it was love! For me a shock absorber is a must because I hate that hollow feeling of stiff racquets. "The worm" from Gamma makes it feel right! What a racquet! Great kick serves and great slices and topspin. Also quick in the flat serve. Still getting use to it after 8 days but I think it will be a GOOAAL!!!! Maneuverable!
From: Roy, Placerville, CA, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Head FXP 60lbs.

Comments: I've been on the circuit four years now. It's great for groundstrokes. Also very dependable on volleys. Unreal spin on slice and kick serves. But most of all you can generate topspin so easily and still keep the depth. The best racquet I have ever tested and I've been doing this for years.

Comments: This racket is freaking awesome! I’ve always been playing with HEAD rackets and this one takes the title! So much power and control, the opponents don't even see it coming! Topspin is unbelievably satisfactory and my serves are getting better by 4 fold! Groundstrokes allow me to use less power and more spin leaving it to move closer to the net. After buying this racket, I have won 15 of my 17 matches on the tennis team. The racket is so effective that even my defeated opponents go to buy one of these rackets! If you plan to invest in this great stick your a smart player!
From: Shawn, New York, USA, 03/08
String type and tension: Head synthetic gut 16 gauge, @ 57 lbs.

Comments: Even though it's not the most "stable" racquet out there, in my opinion, it is the MOST SPIN FRIENDLY. This is basically a Babolat Pure Drive w/Cortex, but softer, more forgiving, more controlled, and an immensely larger access to SPIN. If you like taking moderate to fast loopy swings with heavy topspin, you are CRAZY not to try this racquet. In the end, it almost had too much spin for me, which is where my comments on the "not very stable" came from-- flat shots are hard to do with this stick but please give it a demo, you can sure play a lot more like Nadal with this than the Aeropro Drive Cortex.
From: Jared, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17g @ 58lbs
Headsize: 100"

Comments: This is my second review of this racquet. I've had it through an entire team tennis season now, and I still love it. Had to add some lead to the 3 and 9 positions (12g total), and that did it. Very stable, powerful enough, and generates a ton of spin. I can also flatten out my strokes and hit out. If it seems a little powerful at first (I used to play with the original Pro Staff 85), put a poly in the mains to deaden the string bed a little. Great racquet, haven't found anything else to come close to it all year...and I'm one that normally tinkers with my equipment.
From: Danny, Jonesboro, AR, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: M: Babolat Pro Hurricane tour 17, 60 lbs X: Prince Lightning 17 62lbs

Comments: I just don't know why there are so many negative comments on this racquet. In my point of view, this is a terrific racquet with excellent control and spin. It's a little unstable but the problem can be solved easily by adding some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock.
From: Stanley, Hong Kong. 1/08
String type and tension: HEAD Sonic Pro and Babolat XCel

Comments: I have hit with both the Extreme and the Extreme Pro. They play pretty well, except for one thing. I hate the feel when you hit the ball with this racquet, lots of vibrations even when you apply a dampener. Overall, it's not a bad racquet at all, but not good enough for me to make a switch.
From: Nic, Australia. 1/08
String type and tension: 55 pounds - HEAD synthetic gut

Comments: Serves and volleys were good, but I couldn't gain proper topspin I wanted for groundstrokes. I expected more, but if you like customizing, this one needs some.
From: Alex, The Woodlands. 1/08

Comments: Excellent racquet, but difficult to learn to handle. Too light, you need to add some extra weight. But once you learn to handle its virtues, it is awesome. Excellent spin generation. Incredible angles. You have to generate your own power. If you hit soft, you lose control.
From: Carlos, Guatemala, Guatemala.
String type and tension: Sonic Pro string. 57 pounds.

Comments: A great stick. Spin friendly, very stable and very maneuverable. My single-handed backhand topspin was improved with this racquet. Its moderate power enables you to control the ball better, too. However, it is a little too light. I wrapped a leather grip and added a head tape to increase 15g. Now it gives more power on my flat serve and backhand slice. The best racquet I have ever used!
From: Kats, Orleans, France. 12/07
String type and tension: KLIP Legend 16, 25kg

Comments: A pure drive copy without the power and feel with a strange head. Too light too and globally disappointing.
From: Eric, Paris, France, 12/07
String type and tension: Head Sonic pro 17, 57lbs

Comments: Great stick. Intermediates like me love it. Unmatched feel. Add some weight to 3 and 9 to optimize it and a little in the grip to balance it. I'm definitely going to get Microgel Prestige when it comes out.
From: Nick, Carrollton, TX, USA, 12/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU rough

Comments: I had a Babolat Pure Drive Team, but it was time for a change. Well, not a good thing! This racquet isn't stable, has less power than the Pure Drive, and it seems too light. The control was not bad at all, but I don't recommend this one, guys.
From: Marco, Vicenza, Italia. 11/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original, 26 kg

Comments:I had the Wilson Ntour Two but when I switch to this one my game increase a lot. With this racquet I can do great kick serves, my groundstrokes have increased, the topspin and when I want to finish of points I can hit it flat. I’m not good at net but now when I come to net a lot like 2 or 3 points in every game. This racquet is great in balance my Wilson had most of the weight in the head or face of the racquet. This racquet is great in control, but my Wilson had too much power. Before I had pretty good angles but now I have perfect angles. I have only tried the demo with the lame prince sin. Strings but with the pacific strings man I'm awesome with my topspin. Man I'm eager to buy this racquet in a couple of days. I fell in love with this racquet but that’s just me.
From: Gabriel, Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico, 11/07
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force Original, 61 lbs.

Comments: Awesome racquet with great power, spin and control. Definitely worth buying. I've been a HEAD customer all my life, and this is the best racquet I have used.
String type and tension: Gamma Asterix 16 59lbs

Comments: Really light, easy to swing. Offers a good amount of pop and spin.
From: Cody, North Carolina. 11/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger mains, Babolat Thermogut crosses @ 60 lbs.

Comments: This makes a very good doubles racquet. It's good for spin serves and volleys. However, you'll need your partner to cover you because this racquet isn't stable on returns.
From: Garry, HI, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: Isospeed, 70lb.

Comments: A modern miracle. No racquet has ever had this high of a percentage of its headsize be pure sweetspot. A plush, soft, forgiving feel that completely makes you overlook a stiffness rating of 68. I'm as skeptical a person as you will find, and I believe 100% in this MicroGEL technology. How can something so soft feeling be so solid? My dealings with this racquet started as a demo and wihtin 30 minutes I was marveling at it. I bought one and immediately hated it. I thought it was a completely different racquet -- balls were flying out left and right. Then I got new string, strung it a bit tigher, and the results are astounding. Rock solid slice that penetrates, sick topspin angles, and effortless shots. Pick a string that doesn't lose tension, string it at 58-62 pounds and let it fly. Amazing racquet.
From: Matt, St. Louis, MO, USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Prince synthetic 17 w duraflex @ 59 lbs.

Comments: I like microgel, but not this racket. It is too light, so try the pro one or the microgel radical pro. The radical is VERY different from this. Another great HEAD racket is the Instinct.
From: Anon, CA, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: demo

Comments: I went to my local tennis store to test this out looking for an upgrade. At first I was impressed with the amount of control and the ability of the racquet to grip the ball. I was impressed at first but after a while my groundstroke was really carrying to the point where when I would hit a normal baseline shot it would sale out of bounds. Though head is a very good racquet company I would not recommend this particular model. Overall I would give this racquet a 6.5/10.
From: David, Littleton, CO, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: 54 lbs

Comments: I was really impressed with this racquet when I demoed it...I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy it. It's great for all areas of game: from serving to volleying, to putting freak-like spin on any groundstroke, the microgel extreme is amazing! I definitely would recommend this racquet...it was just better than any other racquet I've ever demoed....very impressive (you must try it!)
From: Al, ON, Canada, 09/07
String type and tension: 60 Lbs
Headsize: MP

Comments: Tried everything and this is by far the best racquet out there. Had settled on the Head Radical Flexpoint, then tried the Microgel and loved it so I thought I'd give the Extreme a try as the specs were similar but the string pattern on the standard version was an open 16/19 vs. the radical standards 18/20. Like the weight, which on my scale comes to 11.4, strung with overgrip and vib dampener on it. I actually like the more rounded head and this along with it being slightly lighter than the Microgel Radical Pro made it more appealing. I also like the extra .25 length which has done wonders for both my first serve and my spinny kick second serve. Volleys are great, baseline shots, especially my two handed backhand cannot miss, the balls just drop in the court. I am a head customer for life... Well done
From: James, Atlanta, GA, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: M: Luxilon Alu Rgh X: Wilson NXT, 56 lbs

Comments: I tried this racquet out for one 2 hour-long lesson and I didn't want to give it back!! This racquet was so forgiving and produced lots of topspin. It was so comfortable and my game improved just by using it. I was able to hit clean returns, and the best was a two handed backhand lob that landed on the line thanks to the topspin this racquet produced. After using this racquet I refuse to return to my old Dunlop Lady G. I would definitely recommend this racquet to anyone.
From: Patrycja, Ontario, Canada, 09/07
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: I have had this racquet nearly for a couple of months and my game have improved a lot, great spin, great power, also love the way it makes drop shots. I switched from a head i. prestige, its a big difference but get used to it very very quickly, great racquet.
From: Guillermo, Victoria, Tamaulipas, Mexico, 08/07
String type and tension: M: Top spin poly polar 16 @ 60 lbs, X: Babolat pro hurricane 16

Comments: I'm an ITF jr. player, it’s the best racquet that I have. I’ve tried so many brands and so far this is the best! For me this is the best of the best racquet! After 2 weeks of using it, my groundstrokes improved a lot. Now I’m more consistent on my baseline, and not only that, my slices and volley also improved. It’s an all around racquet! This is the racquet that I got my first ITF points...I’m recommending this to all jr. players.
From: Akio, Manila, Phillipines, 08/07
String type and tension: Luxillon Orig., 56 lbs

Comments: I tried this racquet again the other day after nearly buying it a few months ago. Not sure if it was me, the racquet, strings, or what, but I'm going to give the racquet the benefit of the doubt. This racquet has me kicking myself that I didn't buy it sooner. The power was plenty. The feel is excellent, whether I need a short angled ball or a drop shot from just inside the baseline. The best part might be the comfort. The frame was strung with HEAD Sonic Pro, but it felt a much softer multi-filament in this stick. I guess I should thank the Microgel for that. I also like the extra 1/4 inch, which gets me a little more leverage on the serve, but doesn't crowd me on tight volleys and groundstrokes. A job well done by HEAD!
From: William, Roswell, GA, USA, 08/07
String type and tension: HEAD Sonic Pro

Comments: I must say that this racquet quite solid from the baseline as it produces a lot of topspin. My serves have really benefited from the extra .25-inch of length. My volleys are steady with this stick as well. All in all the whip- ability of this racquet coupled with 18 gauge strings affords me the luxury of some Nadal-like topspin forehand shots! Try one with a similar combination and you will agree.
From: Darryl, SD, 08/07
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane 18 gauge@ 60lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments: I have had this racquet for a couple of months and I have found it has way too much power for me. I play at a tournament training level and I find that I do not have much control. I like to put my own poweron the ball instead of the racquet.
From: Patrick, Newtown, PA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro Extreme, 55 lbs

Comments: Love this racquet! My baseline play has gotten so much stronger, now I can hit more powerful groundstrokes with more spin without sacrificing consistency. It is also very easy to generate spin on second serves and power on first serves. This racquet actually improved me as a player.
From: Robbie, Mendota Heights, MN, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane/Babolat X-CEL premium 60/58
Headsize: Midplus
NTRP Rating: 4.0-5.0

Comments: You cannot compare this to the Pure Drive! The Babolat feels dead while the Extreme feels perfect. I can rip the balls from way behind baseline or at the net; it doesn’t matter, they all go in! the wide head allows for much more spin, which I like, cause I like to apply a lot of topspin. I advise playing without the vibration dampener, but dats just me. Also, the grip isn’t rectangular unlike the flexpoint series. Overall, this racquet is a must get for players looking for spin, control, power, and forgiveness.
From: Yoo, NJ, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: HEAD sonic pro 57lbs

Comments: This racquet is very good. It is good for volleys and feels very comfortable. It is really easy to swing for its weight. The groundstrokes were really solid. It takes a little getting used to on serves but otherwise it’s a really good racquet. Definitely a must have.
From: Joseph, Miami, FL, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Gamma live wire xp 16
NTRP Rating: 4.5-6.0

Comments: Fantastic racket maybe the best out of my whole tennis career. It has great power and control, good serve and volleys and very good slices. I used to play with the Yonex rqs 11 and that really dropped my game so then I switched to this racket and I started to win a lot of matches. I recommend this racket to all players.
From: Pete, Australia, 07/07
String type and tension: 57 lbs

Comments: My first racket was the Liquidmetal Radical OS then I switched to nTour 95 (open string pattern for spin). I miss the accuracy of the Radical when I switched to the nTour 95 so I decided to demo the Extreme. It came with the original strings and was only slightly used, so tension is still good. I normally used 17 g mono on mains and 18 g syn gut on the crosses. To test the racket I played three consecutive nights playing three sets each. The MG Extreme is the perfect answer to what I'm looking for in a racket. It's light enough so it's whippable, it has enough power, good accuracy and great with spin shots. Topspin BH and FH are great; I kept hitting the ball in, within a foot of the lines. Slices and cut shots are great; you're able to put a lot of action on the ball. The more action you put in, the more spin you get. I only used slice and spin serves and with those this racket is perfect. The racket is also great on volleys. I'm actually a baseline player but for the sake of the demo I periodically rushed to the net and the racket did not disappoint. On returns it's also good. Very maneuverable and I was able to either return hard or block the serve and in both situations it worked. I'm sold on this racket. When I return the demo I will get me a new one.
From: David, Escondido, CA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Factory string and tension

Comments: I just recently demoed this racquet. I have to say, it's much better than my old HEAD Flexpoint 6 MP. This racquet helps you generate a lot of spin and added control. It also is "arm friendly" and is great for any player looking for a step up in spin control. Although it isn't a power racquet, I was able to crush my opponent at a tour championship because of the heavy topspin. Great job HEAD!
From: Michael, Fairfield, CT, USA, 07/07
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: I can't say anything but positive comments about this racquet. I've tried a bunch of stuff in this spec range, and this is hands down the best of the bunch. Every shot is solid, quiet, and comfortable. Comfort is a must for me as some of the others I've demoed had my elbow a little angry with me - not the Extreme, however. It really is a great blend of power and control, and again, the comfort and feel is great. The extra 1/4 inch on the length is perfect...you get the benefit of more leverage on serves, but you don't feel cramped on ground strokes and tight volleys. A really great playing option - and sharp looking to boot!
From: Margaret, Western NC Mountains. 6/07
String type and tension: Pacific @ 58 Lbs

Comments: I don't know about the Pure Drive, so I cannot compare these two, but this definitely feels better than MicroGel Pro. The Pro is pretty heavy even with the head light balance it has, and eventually takes a toll on your elbows and shoulders depending on what kind of string you have with your racquet. The serving is a definite plus on this one. A thick beam helps to place the ball quite easily; you can feel that from the get go. Not my favorite racquets, but for those who like the thick beam with some light weight (head light as well) player's racquet should try out this one. You won't be disappointed.
From: Shin, Baltimore, MD, USA, 05/07
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Big Banger @ 60lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I was not much impressed with this frame. I have always been a Head player, and am not happy with Head's move to this type of frame. It seems as if they have just slapped a cool paint-job on the Roddick Babolat stick. I don't like the thicker player racquet frames personally. It's very light, and there is a lot of shock to the arm when hitting ground strokes. If you are a junior, or mid-level player looking for something with some control and a little pop, then this is a good stick for you. Advanced players, go with the Flexpoint Radical Tour racquet. Best frame on the market right now for sure.
From: Matt, Peoria, IL, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Red Code 16g @ 63 Lbs

Comments: I've been playing with a radical midplus for 2 1/2 years. Love that racquet. The microgel is the first and only of many, many demo racquets that convinced me to switch. Just as stable, more spin, more (controlled) power. Slice serve is evil. I am sure I will be playing with this for a couple years.
From: Don, Canada, 05/07
String type and tension: Head sonic pro @ 59 Lbs
Headsize: midplus extreme

Comments: There has been mixed reviews for this racquet and I decided to demo it, it was the best choice I have made in my tennis career. The strokes are unbeatable and my slice serves are the best I have ever had. The added weight helps with those deep cross-court rallies and the racquet is a great choice for medium to advanced players.
From: Ezekiel, Santa Barbara, CA, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Technfibre Pro Code Red @ 59 Lbs

Comments: I hit with this racquet and also the Wilson [K] Zen. I felt that this was just a little better. No doubt about it, they were both excellent from the baseline. I feel that this impressed me most at net. I felt like I could punch volleys better and was more consistent with them than I was with the Zen. If you like the Pure Drive but want to try something different, then I suggest this.
From: Ryan, Murphy, NC, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: Demo
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I like this racquet so much more than the PRO version. The pro is heavy. And even though I am a really strong hitter, I just couldn't get the timing on it right; I would either hit balls in the net or cream them to the other side of the fence. This one though, lets me take a nice full swing either fast or slow and it puts the ball in great spots. It takes just a teensie bit of grip change, but it's easily better than any other racquet I've been trying. My wrist didn't hurt after using it, my swing didn't feel rushed, I could hit high balls as well as balls just off the court before the rise and they were all solid, flat and hard - even my choppers could be loopie or flat and hard, with evil spin off court. Really nice racquet guys. It's exactly what I wanted. Huge improvement on my one-handed back hand. Very nice, solid feel on my serve, and the spin it will let you generate makes my kicker a beast. Great soft grip and cool looking colors.
From: Joel, Atlanta, GA, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Cheap gut @ 58 Lbs

Comments: I played with this one thinking maybe if I go back to Head my game would pick back up... it did, this is an amazing racquet, though a little light to start off with, you’ll get use to it, I went from a Dunlop M-Fil 200 to this and the difference is huge. Hitting the forehand with extreme topspin is so easy, serve only got faster and added spin. I’m glad I bought this one... just ordered another.
From: Steve, Gurnee, IL, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Hybrid stringing @ 58 Lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet and it was amazing. It hit really solid, it was rather maneuverable and my topspin was on fire! I love this racquet and I hope to get it in the near future.
From: Jason, Dallas, TX, USA, 04/07

Comments: I demo'd this racquet on two different occasions and fell in love with it almost immediately. It took a little adjustment time having been playing with the Head Liquid Metal Prestige Mid Plus for the last couple of years. The Extreme Standard has a much lighter feel than the Prestige but is every bit as stable if not more so. I'm hitting my ground strokes the best I ever have. I feel like I can do anything I want to do with this racquet. The stroke that's taken a little more adjustment time has been the serve mainly due to the lighter frame. But lately, I've been absolutely spanking the tennis ball on my serve while getting a very high percentage in the service box. My one-handed backhand is much improved as well. I love this racquet!!!
From: Steve, Plano, Texas, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut PPS 16
Headsize:100 sq.in.

Comments: I've had the Microgel Extreme now for a few weeks, and it hits very well. Sprayed a few forehands at first, since then I've added some weight to it...it's just at 11oz strung from the factory...and with adding a poly string...I love it. I'm switching from the Wilson nBlade. This racquet just gives me a little more pop, a little more spin, specifically on the forehand and serve, and it's extremely comfortable. Last week I played six sets of doubles Friday night, and had a singles match Saturday morning, and had no arm trouble at all...and lately I've been prone to it if I play too much. The nBlade gives me a little more control, but the Extreme is very good with that as well. I like it much better than either the Pure Drive or the nPro...Wilson's version...especially on the serve. Serve returns are great, just takes a bit of getting used to for slice backhands, they tend to float until you get used to it. It's an extremely stable raquet, volleys well. I'm changing racquets...that's how much I like it.
From: Danny, Jonesboro, AR, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: T echnifibre Spinfire 1.30 16g @ 60 Lbs.

Comments: This racquet is sweet I have been playing with head all my life but by far this racquet is the best I’ve ever played with. I have more power and control on all my shots but all in all, this racquet is great.
From: Tony, Des Moines, Iowa, USA, 04/07

Comments: I've been playing with the Head Extreme standard and this is one solid racquet. It is very solid and easy to swing. It plays along the same lines as the Babolat Pure Drive but with better control and better swing speed. I;ve played with Head racquets and the Extreme with its rounded head does impart more spin than the traditional shaped heads by Head. The power and control are very adequate and the spin potential is there. If you are looking for a racquet that is easy to swing, stable, powerful but with control then buy this racquet.
From: Barry, San Jose CA, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Bab XCel Premium @ 60 Lbs

Comments: It felt decent, but the extra long is not my cup of tea. It was difficult getting used to the extra long on the serve, the ground strokes felt pretty good, the volleys were really solid, but it was impossible to float deep slices to neutralize points. The racquet did not have enough mass for that. In summary, the extra long is a decent racquet, but really demanding players will need more heft (maybe lead tape would help?). I am going to take a shot at the regular version.
From: David, CA, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Sonic Pro 17, 57 lbs

Comments: Yeah I’ve been hitting with one of these for a long while even before it's been released; pretty nice racquet. It’s really easy to swing for being up close to 12 ounces, really reminds me of the old black & yellow Agassi radical...my current racquet is a flexpoint radical midplus and I still prefer that over this.
From: Paul, Chicago, IL, USA, 03/07