Head Graphene Radical Rev Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Picked one of these up a month ago, strung it with Head Hawk Control strings at 57 lbs. Very impressed with the frame, but the strings not so much. My next move will be to switch to Forten Aramid Gear at 52-53 lbs. Control is the strong point of this frame (which is impressive in a HH package), so I feel like I can take the tension down quite a bit. Not only is it easy to use in stock configuration, HEAD racquets have an easily removable cap in the butt guard -- which I have taken advantage of to add lead weight for some experimentation. I've gone as high as 25 grams in the butt, and brought this racket to almost 8 pts HL, then dialed it back down to 25g, then to 10g. The more I play, the more I want to just use it stock and let that heavy head do the talking for me. Certainly takes some getting used to, but if you swing heavy already, this racquet really gives some baseline power. Many years ago, I played with a Wilson Hammer 5.2 (8pts HH), and I bought this because I thought I had lost my old racquet. I found my Hammer, and spent some time switching back and forth until I've decided that the Radical is better in every aspect.

Comments: After upgrading from a Head LM8, this racquet has been impressive. It took some practice time to get used to the HH balance, but has a solid feel to the frame, so I can handle my opponent's pace. Also, I can swing as hard as I can and still get a lot of control; hitting the sweet spot is a reward in itself -- I don't feel a thing, just hear the sound of a perfect ball popping off the strings. Good, easy depth, but at net might be a little too strong though. I have it strung with Volkl Power Fiber II at 55 lbs and have had no issues with the strings, I think it's perfect. Overall, I'm very confident playing with this racquet.

Comments: With it's odd combination of light weight, yet a heavier swingweight than the other 2 models, I think this frame has scared off a lot of potential buyers. I watched a ITF pro practice partner just take apart a guy, a good guy, in an Open event. After, I spoke to him about the frame, and he said "way more power and much cleaner feel than my Graphene Speed MP" -- which was my thoughts, exactly. Pushed out wide, you can just snap this frame for some incredible saves, yet the pace is there from the swingweight, although it does feel faster than 330, that SW does hit a big ball. And it serves with more power than it's big brothers, too. I'd like to pick one up.
From: SurfBoy, 2/14