Gamma WearGuard Synthetic Gut 17 String White Customer feedback

Comments: This is a nice string, with good playability, good comfort, and excellent control. On the downside, after just one session it started to fray really badly. Looks like the wearguard fibers are peeling off rapidly. Granted this was on a rather wet day, but its something I've never experienced with any other synthetic gut with or without anti-wear fibers. Maybe it's a defective batch... Performance was not affected though it doesn't look like it's going to last beyond my third time playing with it.
From: Richard, Malaysia 11/09

Comments: I'd been playing with very thin polyester strings for a few years now, because I like spin and I'd been hitting out too much. After a while, though, I've gotten my control issues somewhat resolved and realized I'd lost pop on my serve and feel for drop shots and even normal volleys. So I switched to these, and I'm amazed at the difference! These strings pocket the ball very well, and are lively without much loss of control. I think I'll be sticking with these for a while. :)
From: Ron, Germantown, MD, USA. 3/09

Comments: I used to hit with Kevlar hybrids with syn. gut due to the solid clean crisp feel. I am surprised that I get a similar feel with this string! Good bit of spin, not too "dull and dead" like the other mono nylons, and it is cheap!
From: T Leung, CA, USA. 11/07

Comments: Great feel. Great control. It's nice to have the ball go where you’re thinking. Downside is durability, only lasts for a few weeks, hitting hard once or twice a week. B level player, with lots of topspin.
From: Aaron, Atlanta, GA, USA, 09/07

Comments: Solid string, good feel, arm friendly, spin friendly, good pop, get your right tension and you are ready to go.
From: Szutao, San Jose, CA, USA, 09/07

Comments:I use this string with my Babolat Aeropro drives. After trying many different synthetic & real guts, I finally found this string. The strings offer excellent spin and pop, with plenty of control and feel. I am a big hitter and have a fast serve (100 mph)and these strings stand the test of time well (about 15-25 hours of play, with heavy topspin). Recommended to any player, regardless of their ability. The low price is another great thing about this string.
From: Michael, London, UK 07/06

Comments: I've used this string for quite sometime in many rackets and I can say that it could be your most intelligent investment in strings. It holds tension well, yet plays soft close to a multi. I can play for at lease 8-10 hours before I need to restring. But it doesn't break (I'm not a string breaker, BTW). I'm not that big or a power hitter but I can rip the felt off the ball when I need to, that's why I say the string is durable. Also the string bites well for spins. Good stuff. Use it. You won't regret. Oh, and it's low cost too.
From: Anirut, Bangkok, Thailand 05/06

Comments: Excellent string, great feel, really arm friendly and with nice pop. The only downside I find is durability. In my hands it doesn't last more than 3 hours (it breaks).
From: Andrés, Buenos Aires, Argentina 05/06

Comments: This is my benchmark for any string. I try all sorts of strings. If it isn't better than this one, forget it.
From: Rommel, Manila. 7/05

Comments: A great string for feel and power, for a grat price.
From: Max, Canada. 12/03