Gamma T-7 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: This racquet is unbelievable. I was fed up with tennis due to my game plateau- ing and decided it was worth at least trying a new racquet. After doing some research, this racquet checked all the specification boxes so I took the plunge, bought it and am I glad I did. The feel and control is fantastic - now I'm hitting great winners from all over the court. I also really like the design - the frame has a flat face, which I really like and all the materials have a high quality feel. The price is such bargain. It's just a shame that too many will be put off by the lack of brand name to really appreciate just how good this racquet is.
From: Jeff, Pasadena, CA, USA. 6/10
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: This one is really nice, reminds me of Tecnifibre T-Feel 305 but with more control while sacrificing a bit of power. However, with right kind of string and tension you will get enough to get confidence on nearly any stroke. My recommendation is to string crosses with 1,5 kg more tension. Myself, I need (to add) no lead... Good shot, Gamma. Two thumbs up!
From: Rene, Cologne, NRW, Germany. 5/10
String type and tension: Co-Polyester 24 / 25.5 kg

Comments: The tennis gods answered my prayers! These reviews are spot on. I'm a 4.5 aggressive topspin baseliner who has been playing with 93 Sq inch players rackets. I've wanted a bigger head size racquet for a tad more stroke forgiveness. But, everything out there these days has howitzer power that starts to kill my elbow and shoulder after a couple days of playing; not to mention sailing the ball out unless I have time to set up a perfect stroke. The T-7 has nice sub 60 stiffness and an old school feel which allows me to confidently take a full cut at the ball while still maintaining the right amount of pop. Perfect job, Gamma, I'm buying another one.
From: James, Fort Worth, TX. 4/10
String type and tension: Weiss Cannon Turbo Twist, 60 Lbs

Comments: I've switched from Yonex RDX-500, after I broke one of two. RDX-500 and T-7 have same swing weight, which made the transition pretty easy. I demoed T-7, and 3 other Yonex racquets. I've used Yonex for last 15 years or so. T-7 was the best of 4 with 3 of them Yonex. T-7 is -- light - maneuverable, great control of spin and speed - there is no surprise to any shot, good amount of power, and (feels) soft. If you play S&V or all round game, this is a great choice, better than any racquets I know, including my old trusty RDX-500 and other newer Yonex sticks I demod, as it gives you the same amount of power and stability without the weight. For me, the light swing weight gives me faster swing and allows me to produce better serves, quick around the net and hit effective passing shots, and hit putaways from anywhere. It also gives me a good ground game, the spin allows me to hit angles and down the lines, and hit rally shots with good control. If you are a pusher, look elsewhere, but if you'd like to attack the ball and dictate the points, win points from anywhere on the court, T-7 is a great racquet.
From: Tai, Arlington, MA 11/09
String type and tension: Main - Yonex Polylon Comfort @ 65, Cross - Gamma TNT @ 65
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: This is an awesome racquet, and was my choice after numerous demos of other racquets. The feel and control are superb, and it allows hitting through the ball with confidence. It is extremely maneuverable, and is quite stable given its lowish swing-weight. It has ample power to control points and comfortably put away winners. The main strength is the feel of the ball on the string-bed. A great racquet!
From: Geoff, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: 56lbs, Luxilon big banger
Headsize: 100 inch
NTRP Rating: 4.0 (approx)

Comments: Based on the excellent feedback here I bought a pair of these. I have tried Gamma frames before, G325 and Ipex 7.0 and while pretty good frames this one suits me much better. It is just as good as the feedback says. Quality control is top notch as well. I am very happy with this purchase. The racquet has a lot of feel and control is easy. Power is there but a full cut is needed. The only thing that wasn't super was serving. Mostly due to the lack of weight and low sw.
From: Henrik, Lund, Sweden. 8/09
String type and tension: Luxlilon Alu power rough 54 lbs

Comments: The TW review talks about ball pocketing, but you've really got to hit with the stick to realize how "deep" that feeling runs with this frame. That grippy ball bite feeling is amazing with this frame, and what's even more surprising is that the comfort level is just as high as the great feedback. This frame is AWESOME, and definitely worth a demo for just about any level player. Incredible feel and flex, great maneuverability, excellent comfort are all highlights. My only gripes with the frames were the low static weight, which led to some issues with stability (probably easily fixed with some lead), and the fact that the frame played short for me. Let me clarify on the "played short" comment; the frame felt shorter than a standard frame because of the balance on it and lack of weight in the head. For advanced players, lead will be a must.
From: Paul, Murrieta, CA. 8/09
NRG2 @55

Comments:Man I love this stick! I finally found my perfect racquet that can do everything I want. My groundstrokes are the best they have ever been since I can swing through with confidence - producing more topspin than any other racquet I have ever used. Extremely stable as well as comfortable. My backhand is the best itís ever been as well. The biggest surprise was even though my groundstrokes are dropping right at the baseline with a full cut, my serves have more pop than my other racquets and better placement!
From: KD, Austin, TX, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Syn gut at 60

Comments: A friend of mine let me try this stick out, and boy did I love it! In the beginning, it took a little getting used to, as my shots landed short, but once I swung more freely, my shots penetrated the court. It offered great feel on all my shots and greatly improved my one-handed backhand. In my opinion, the best aspect of this racquet is the added consistency and confidence it will bring to your game.
From: anon. 06/09
String type and tension: Ashaway Crossfire 18, 53lbs mains, 60 lbs crosses
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: Oh my! This racquet is fabulous! I tried Prince, Wilson, Volkl and Fischer racquets in the same "spec" category. The TW demo program recommended the Gamma T7 based upon my other choices and I couldn't be happier. The T7 most definitely "pockets" the ball and has a generous sweet spot. Coming off a serious case of tennis elbow, this stick is also very comfortable. More than anything, this frame gives you the feel that makes playing tennis so enjoyable. The "POP," the feel and touch, and control yet enough power to keep your opponents pinned on the baseline. I'm excited about playing tennis again!
From: Kevin, Summerfield, NC, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Head Intellitour @ 57 lbs.

Comments: Sorry to see TW isn't selling the Gamma G-series racquets anymore. The G-325 is my favorite Gamma of all time. I own five and use them for competitive play. I like it even better than their classic Tradition 18. Dave Newberg was right. Don't prejudge a Gamma or think it's not up there with Head, Wilson or Prince. I own many classic graphite frames (Dunlop Muscleweave 200G, Estusa Powerbeam, Wilson ProStaff 6.0, Prince Graphite Classic, Yonex R-22, Head Prestige Microgel Mid, plus more modern racquets, and the Gamma G325 plays better than any of these, especially with Luxilon string. I haven't tried this new T series of Gamma frames, but I know from experience that Gamma has made some great sticks. Since the T series are made from 100 percent graphite (with no Titanium and other gimmicky stuff) they are probably serious sticks with excellent playability, just like the G Series sticks were.
From: Gordon, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Fluoro

Comments: I was in the market for a new racket after having used and worn out my old rackets, which are no longer manufactured. A committed brand-name loyalist, I had no intention of buying an "off" brand, believing that only the large manufacturers had the technical know-how to make superior sticks. I must've tried twenty, maybe thirty rackets. Then a friend of mine showed up with a Gamma T-7 that he had on loan from TW. I picked it up to whack a few balls with it, expecting nothing special, but boy was I wrong! It was love at first hit. He held onto that thing for a few weeks, and every time I hit with it, I liked it more. I finally ordered two, and strung them with a poly-nylon blend that works very well for me. I couldn't be happier. So, two things: keep an open mind when it comes to choosing a racket. Try anything and everything as if it has a brown paper bag over it, and ask your body how it feels. Second, pay no attention to what others say about a racket, trust only yourself and first hand experience. Some say the head on this racket is "too big". Hogwash. For me, it's perfect!
From: Dave, Newberg, OR, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: M: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 16ga at 52 lbs, X: Wilson synthetic gut at 58lbs
NTRP rating: 4.5

Comments: Demoed this racquet along with a Dunlop Aerogel 500 tour, and a Prince Ozone Tour. Needless to say, it smoked the Dunlop, and while the Prince was just as solid on the groundstrokes, it could not compare to the T-7 on serves or volleys. This is just a great all around stick, with a very comfortable but solid feel. I had so much control on my shots, that it was ridiculous. I was also able to generate enormous pace on my ground stokes, especially my forehand. As the previous poster stated, with some lead tape at the 3 and 9 position, this racquet is a serious weapon. I highly recommend giving it a test run. Josh, Atlanta, Ga. 7/08
From: String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: Man oh man! This is one of the best tennis rackets on the market. It's even better than Head's Prestige series. The feel and control are so perfectly balanced that I can just rip shots. Great for anyone.
From: Mackenzie, Malibu, CA. 7/08
String type and tension: Gamma TNT Ruff, 60 pounds

Comments: This stick is the best ever. Lots of pop control depth and feel. Nothing to it, just get this racket.
From: Pablo, Mexico City, Mexico. 7/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: Some more lead tape and this racket is a monster on court.

Comments: I've been playing with the T-7 for two months and love the feel and the pop generated by this racquet. The control is strong, perhaps not as strong as a smaller headsize, but I've been able to hit shots that I've never even tried before. As I'm usually a baseliner, the T-7 has given me the confidence to serve and volley and chip and charge; I've even hit winners off of drop-shot returns of serve (singles) and down the line lobs (doubles). I was unable to do this with my former racquet, a Wilson nTour Two. I've gained spin and pace, along with confidence, on serves as I comfortably use a flat, slice, and kick serve. This is the first racquet that has given me the ability to use my shots as "weapons" as opposed to minimizing errors.
From: Scot, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire, 61 pounds
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: This one seems like too flexible, too low swingweight and suspect a lack of power and stability. The racket head was also a little big for a player's frame. Would be very similar to my Prince Diablo MP. I'm more interested in T-6.
From: ps60, HKSAR. 5/08