Gosen Sidewinder 17 660' Black String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: For years I was looking for a string like this one. After trying Prince, Babolat, Head and Wilson I got this new one and I'm very happy. I got tons of power, control and spin -- it changed my game for the better. I strung it at 54 lbs and I play 3 times a week and in a month I can't see any difference in the tension.
From: Rafael, 12/13

Comments: This string is the softest poly I've ever hit! Tons of power and spin, but loses tension pretty quick, hence the power increase. I would pre-stretch the strings a good three times and don't be afraid to lay back into the pulling of the string; you will be amazed how far they stretch! I strung it at 56 lbs and in one game the tension dropped to about 50 lbs. Next time, I'm going to try 60 lbs and I would bet it will be good after they settle down. I just re-ordered this string because they didn't aggravate my elbow tendonitis and nothing beats the spin of a poly string. The only other poly I'd reccomed is Volkl Cyclone 18g; they are a little stiffer but they rip the felt off the ball. I almost feel like Nadal with that killer top spin!
From: Tony, 7/13

Comments: Polys are usually harsh on my elbow considering I use a full bed on my racquets. Have been using Gosen Sidewinder 17 for two months. Strung 5 lbs higher than usual. The string diameter is smaller than other 17 gauge Polys. During my 1st string job the string was slipping through my clamps, so had to adjust clamps. You can really feel the elasticity while stringing. I don't believe the texture helps in grabbing the ball, since it smooth out quickly. I really like this string. Good control, spin, and holds tension well. All this without the stiffness like other Polys. My elbow really appreciates this string. I will be using it for awhile.

Comments: This is by far the softest twisted co-poly I have tried among Tourna Big Hitter, MSV Hepta Twist and Genesis Typhoon. The first two offer 17g and Genesis only comes in 16L. All of them hold tension exceptionally well and they all provide great access to spin and control. But Gosen Sidewinder is truly the softest according to my ultra sensitive elbow.

Comments: Firstly I want to say I hate polys as I find them lifeless and too stiff. I got this Sidewinder 17g because I felt that I have to have a little more durability as I no longer string my own racquets. I blended it with my (ideal) string, Isospeed Energetic! I am loving it! It's lasted long enough to keep me happy and its so much softer than I was expecting! I am not saying Sidewinder is the perfect poly but with this special offer of 2 for 1 it's certainly worth a shot!

Comments: One of the softest polyester strings on the market. Very nice to hit, with lots of spin and control. The softer string means more power, so you need to string it a few pound higher if you are considering it. Tension maintenance is awesome.
From: Derrick, 2/13