Comments: Great racquet -- most arm friendly racquet out there!
From: Stam, 8/13

Comments: So demanding! I broke string on my Volkl PB Mid, so I took my friend's POG OS. Before I played with the Wilson Pro Staff 88 (stiff and heavy), and compared to the Wilson the POG has a smaller sweetspot and gives me vibration across my arm straight to my back. No power, no depth. The only plus was the spin I got the first 30 minutes. Then I was too tired.
From: Jan, 9/12
String type: MSV Focus Hex mains / Wilson Sensation crosses

Comments: I'm gonna add to this long list of comments because I just can't help it. I went to this stick after previously playing an O3 Speedport White and having elbow problems. Thought it was my fault (slightly late on backhand drives sometimes). When I switched to this racquet, elbow problems were gone almost instantly and never came back. That's reason enough for me to stick with this stick, BUT, I have to agree with most other posters here that it is otherwise an amazing feeling and playing racket. A perfect balance of control and power. Don't let the weight scare you! With it being head light you won't notice it when you swing, only when you hold it static. I get plenty of spin and power on my kicker and even though it is over-size, I can maneuver it easily at net. If your an older player like me (53) I would stick to the 107, you might want the extra forgiveness for aging eyes. I like to hit the ball fairly hard and maybe that's another reason this racquet suits me. I can string toward the low end of the tension range and still control it, making it even easier on the arm and shoulder. Spin from the baseline is incredible with the right string. I too have tried many other more modern rackets, but this one is truly the real deal. It's old now, and most people have either forgotten about it, or never heard of it...except for all of us dedicated POGERS!
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex @ 58 lbs

Comments: Switched to this racquet a year ago after reading reviews about how it helped clear up tennis elbow. Definitely did so for me as well. A great racquet, effective for me in all aspects of the game. Very pleased with it.

Comments: I have played with Volkl C10 Pro to PB10 mid to Head prestige mid to POG mid and finally POG Oversize ( In those order ). I have finally found my stick-mate. The reason for my change from the POG mid is because the mid is a bit demanding. The Oversize gave me the power and control for my game. The PB10 mid was too flexible for me, almost like a ramen noodle. Stock up before it gets discontinued.

Comments: I decided to test this racquet (the oversize version) on a lark. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. The word that immediately came to mind was, "sublime!" Having played tennis my entire life and accumulated upwards of thirty different racquets (sad but true), I thought, How good could this be? After all, this is a twenty-five year old racquet, totally devoid of any modern technology (i.e., unless you consider a piece of graphite, holding the two sides of the frame together, "modern"). Maybe, it just fit my game, but everything clicked: groundstrokes, serves, volleys, overheads, specialty shots. One of the problems I have when testing a new racquet is that it usually takes me a few sessions to get completely comfortable with the new frame. Not this time. Right out of the box, I was ripping balls with extreme confidence. It felt like I was getting reacquainted with an old friend. However, I had never played with this racquet before. Some of the reviewers claim that this racquet plays like the Radicals or Prestiges. Actually, the feel is distinctively different - not better or worse - just different. Compared to the other frames that I play with, the racquet felt light. That's right. If you want to hit a very heavy ball (a "pro ball"), you need to create momentum. And the light racquets just don't have enough mass to do this. If it were me, I'd juice up the frame by adding a couple of ounces of lead tape to the handle. So, I have thirty different racquets in my apartment. What's a few more?
From: Rich, 2/12

Comments: I just got 2 of these racquets after demoing them for a few weeks. I must say, compared to modern day racquets, these are just so superior, I wish Prince would improve these racquets.
From: Derek, 12/11

Comments: I bought the first generation original racquet when it came out. Also own a Head Radical 260 which is basically the same. Like many reviewers, I stopped playing constantly for many years and started back full time about 10 months ago. I figured I needed the newer, lighter racquets. Never had any injuries in the past but developed a shoulder problem when I bought a couple of Prince Ultra Lite racquets. Light, 9.2 ounces strung and lots of power. But I think I hurt the shoulder when hitting the ball late and too far back. Can play without hurting but afterwards, I can feel the shoulder tighten and pain up. Anyway, after talking to Tennis Warehouse people, they recommended me to hit with a heavier racquet if I could because they are head light. Well, I went back to Head and the Prince even though the head was slightly cracked. I have more control, touch, feel and dampening feel which I needed. If you can get the racquet hitting with the correct stroke, the OS will do the work for you. Asked if he uses the racket anymore because I noticed dust on it. I interchange the OS with the Head because one has a smaller grip. I recommend the racquet to anyone who wants to save their shoulder/elbow, want more than enough power since the weight of the racquet will do all the work, and provide you control everyone seeks especially if you are a big hitter. Also recommend the Head MicroGEL OS which is 1 ounce lighter and plays with very dampening feel as well. One of the few OS racquets which is headlight.
From: Frank, 12/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2, 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I'm 15 and I played varsity on my high school team this year. I had a mediocre season, and decided to try some new racquets. I was tentative about trying an oversize head at first but loved it immediately. The feel and control are just outstanding. I now have 3 of them.
From: Ben, 11/11

Comments: I have been using lighter racquets the last few years without much success. I had not found the right combination of string, tension and frame. I recently found out that my old style game was really suited to heavier sticks. I started using the Agassi Commemorative racquet just recently and found the weight was really good and my game went up a lot. I asked Tennis Warehouse if there was something similar and they suggested this frame. I had used this racquet many years ago but I guess I was not good enough to properly appreciate it. I got this racquet to test out their suggestion and it was wonderful. Hopefully I can continue to use this racquet the way it should be used and play well with it. I agree with some other writers, keep making this stick.
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire Pro 17, 64 lbs

Comments: Great counter punching racquet due to its weight and stability. Best for those who have old- school, long, loopy swings without too much wrist action. Contrary to some, I have had no problem with the OS at the net (am primarily a doubles player but will rally from the baseline if needed); it is maneuverable enough. I am switching from the ProKennex PK5G which I've used for over 10 years and is in its own right a great racquet although the denser string pattern provides less spin. Weight and balance are similar and both are very elbow protective. My slice and drop shots are baffling to most of my opponents now due to the increase spin. I hit mostly one-handed fore and back hands, top and backspin on both sides.
From: Rick, 11/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow, 62 lbs
NTRP Rating: ~4.0 in doubles, 3.5 singles

Comments: I am probably too picky with racquets so after testing a lot of "modern" racquets I finally decided to test also this "old timer". Guys, I found this racquet is much much better than most of the "new technology" beauties. Do not miss the chance to test it. It has been proven by time that this stick really works: it is not exaggeration at all that this is a compromise between a power and control. I would rather say that with this one you will get a control with the power on top. I stop now for searching other good performers. I believe this one is for me the best alternative to my BLX Tour 90 (when tired, on clay court, against player with heavy, high bouncing topspin).
From: Vladimir, 11/11
String type and tension: Weiss Cannon Turbo Twist 1.18/Forten Sweet 16

Comments: Greatest feeling when hitting the ball for the arm with this racquet. Frame gives you ultimate control. Racquet is a bit heavier than most racquets. Keep making these.
From: Julie, 10/11
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Having been a junior from the '70s and collegiate player from the '80s I was taught good old school stroke production. The weight/balance/stability of this racket makes me the best possible player I am capable of being today. The mass of the POG delivers a heavy ball and keeps me in points against 'modern game' players. So long as I meet the ball out in front and keep my arm and grip loose through the ball I'm right there with the big ballers. These bats are the best.
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut/Beast hybrid @ 66 lbs

Comments: Perfect racquet. In the 90s I had this and had the best years of tennis as a teenager. I gave it up for more modern racquets which never quite felt the same. I purchase one from Tennis Warehouse last year, and I know find myself creaming serves and punishing forehands; something I could not do with the numerous other Prince and Wilsons I've owned over the years - Precisions, NCodes, Hammers, etc. The best part of this racquet is that it feels perfect with nylon gut - just the basic, multifilament guts I find at too stiff and polyester give me arm pain.
From: Den. 07/11
String type and tension: Synthetic 16 (Prince or Technifibre)

Comments: This is the racquet of Zeus, because every ball I hit is lightning! This racquet is so maneuverable yet has so much mass to crush the ball with. I hit a serve with this and it must have went up 10 mph and my control has improved a lot. I play 2 handed on both sides and this racquet really helped my get some more power and spin on my forehand side, and I am able to flatten out my backhand very easily. There is no vibration on off center hits, even without a vibration dampener. Prince, please never stop producing this GOD of a racquet!
From: Saul. 6/11
String type and tension: ISOSPEED Energetic 16, 65lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5?

Comments: I'd been playing for a while with the Babolat Pure Storm racquets, enjoying their superb control, but felt like I couldn't quite get the pop on my flat serve that I should have. Well, trying out the POG gave me the answer right away. I immediately started hitting my serves a lot harder, effortlessly and with consistency. I agree with most comments here about the playability from the baseline with this stick as well. It's just so easy to get a perfect hit on the ball, every time, and topspin very easy to generate too. I'll probably keep playing with the POG for years to come. Also, 63 lbs with Prince synthetic was the perfect balance of power and control for me. I wouldn't go very low on string tension.
From: Martin. 5/11
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut @ 63 lbs

Comments: After all of these years playing with all of the racquets available, I finally found the Holy Grail of tennis racquets. The feel and control are unmatched. The spin generated when hitting a backhand slice is unbelievable and the ball just stops when it hits the court. My opponents just stand there, looking at me and saying, "What the heck was that?" I just look up, shrug my shoulders and smile. It was an amazing discovery to finally hit with this racquet after reading all of the reviews. The serve it very precise, with perfect placement and spin. There is no better racquet out there, and when I return to the UK I'll tell them to order them from Tennis Warehouse here in the US, as they are unavailable in the UK. Thanks to all of you Poggers out there to keep this racquet in production! If you like to spin (top or under) this is the racquet to get. I even hit a topspin forehand that actually bounced over my opponents head and hit the back fence! That had never happened before, what a revelation, Please Prince don't stop producing this BEAST!
From: Lin, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Prince Beast @ 62lbs

Comments: I just returned to competitive tennis recently after taking 12 years away. I had a lot of older racquets including a Prince Graphite 110 that just needed stringing. Well, off I went to the nearest tennis shop to get them strung. The stringer commented that I would benefit from buying a newer technology racquet. That suggestion stayed in my head as I experimented with newer racquets like the Wilson Ncode Ntour, Wilson K Factor Surge, Head Youtek, Prince EXO, Babolat Cortex and all my older racquets. My good ol' Prince Graphite won out and proved my stringer wrong. I ended up selling my old racquets and the new racquets I just bought. I kept only my Prince Graphite. Needing a backup, I purchased a Prince Graphite classic here. Now I'm all set with racquets and can start concentrate on building consistency with the same racquet. The members of my tennis club comments that they remember my racquet years ago and that they never should have switched over the years. Well, I'm glad I didn't. I'm going to keep these racquets and possibly acquire a third if I start playing more. I am glad that I finally found a keeper!
From: Pierre, Rockville, MD, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Rough main strings, Prince Synthetic cross strings, 68 lbs

Comments: This is the Volkswagen Beetle of tennis racquets -- a classic that refuses to die. In terms of balance, weight, and general "feel" (which is an indefinable sort of thing, I admit) nothing else comes close. As long as Prince will make this frame, I will keep coming back for more of them.
I am an all-courter who resorts more and more to the serve-and-volley as advancing age and weight compromise my ability to stay back and grind with the younger folk. This racquet is the ideal for all aspects of play, whether at the net, or on defense, trapped behind the baseline. There may be individual frames that perform better in a single area, but none who perform so well in all.
In the juniors and college, I flirted with various wide-bodies (Head, Wilson, etc.) when that was the fad, and then eventually went to the Prince Boron (anyone remember those?) in my last year of college, and through my early twenties. Eventually I couldn't find those anymore, and went to the Graphite. I have been with it since.
From: Joe, Northeast CT, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: AG Gold 16 @ 65 lbs

Comments: Full disclosure first - I have switched to the Avery M5 as my main racquet, but I still carry a POG as a backup. I prefer the Avery because it's more flexible and headlight than the Prince, but the latter is still a timeless classic. Hitting from the baseline is a breeze. Solid power and spin are generated easily with a properly timed, smooth stroke. Maneuverability at net is compensated slightly by the weight and large head, but technique and practice make up for that. I can hit consistent flat serves with a more compact stroke than with mid/mid-plus racquets, and spin serves are easier. I strongly recommend the POG (or M5) as an alternative to the new "tweener" frames for strong intermediate players who appreciate a heavier racquet but find most mid-size 12+ oz. racquets too demanding.
From: Todd, Oakland, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: What do you do when you can feel the ball? Hit harder! At the end, I was tweaking the balance of a Head Speed MP, realizing I had recreated the balance of a Graphite. I found myself in the middle of a match this past summer with a young college player, realizing that if I had the Graphite in my hand, I would have had a chance to grind out the match. I've gone back to the OG 110, and I've started winning again in the open fields. You know when you carry a Graphite onto the court you can get out hit, but not out battled. That's a powerful mental advantage. I urge baseliners from my era to reevaluate what they are playing with. You'll have to get fitter, stronger, and faster to counter the additional firepower coming at you from the young guns. But you'll be playing truer to yourself and the skills you've developed through years of play. You may also stay away from some of the lame overuse injuries in the extremities-something that will become increasingly important as we all age.
From: Travis, Mountain View, CA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM/Gamma Professional

Comments: I love this racquet but I cannot find grommet sets for it even thought it's popular. The mid size has them but not the 107; I have been using epoxy on the head to stop it from wearing down.
From: Gerg, Canada, 10/10
String type and tension: Kevlar 17 35lbs/Polylon 17 65 lbs
(Gerg, the Prince Triple Threat Graphite OS Grommets should fit the Prince Graphite Classic OS racquets--TW Staff)

Comments: I have a few of these and have to say they are superb for my control and occasional power game. To get around the head-lightness of such a large racket I put about 4 inches of lead at 12 o'clock and it feels much better. You've got to try this racket if you are not having much success with the modern design rackets.
From: Simon, Perth, NSW, Australia, 09/10
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 64

Comments: I have used both the mid-size and the oversize, which is still the "most powerful racquet" I have used, in spite of the claims made by manufacturers of newer racquets. What every player should know is that the physicists/tennis buffs from Orinda CA, who tested about 100 racquets, rate both sizes as the number 1 racquet for preventing injuries such as wrists, elbows and shoulders. Most late model, stiff, head heavy racquets were rated the worst, especially if they are light. After playing play Prince 03 hybrid (red) for a year I took out an old 90 and played with it yesterday. I hit only one forehand long and had more control and power on both sides. I am now 75, but with this racquet I can blow it through the young guns too. As an old wood racquet player I cannot find any modern racquet that gives as much feel as the Original Graphite. Even with it 332 grams, pro weight) I can develop pace easily. Mind you, serving requires smoothness to make it work. With the 110 I once had 9 aces in a 6-0 set, but I was only 55-60 then. In the 80's and 90's many of the top power servers used the midsize including Rafter and Ruditski. Regardless of hype, I doubt if any mfg will duplicate the playability of these two racquets for superior players. No! I do not own any Prince stock.
From: Paul, Palm Springs, CA, USA. 08/10
String type and tension: Prince Original Gut 58/63
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I came back to tennis after playing in HS about 15 years ago. I was amazed to find the POG still around. I bought it then, used it for a little bit, then mistakenly tried a number of present day racquets. Lets see.. Prince speedport red, speedport blue, Dunlop aerogel titan, Head liquidmetal radical all decent racquets. BUT... I'm back to the POG. It's just solid. The right weight the right power the right feel. And more recently I've paired it with the Luxilon big banger ALU strings and I don't think I can ever find a better combination for me. I like to hit hard and I think I found the right racquet that I hope I can continue to use for the rest of my tennis endeavors and I hope my son gets to use it as well. Prince don't stop making this racquet so generations to come can benefit. Its amazing that all the technology and all the years pass and the POG still rocks the competition. It's all marketing. A lot of the racquets seem to be made of cheap plastic though they have claims of strange technologies and crazy fibers guaranteed like snake oil to cure all tennis ills. Go back to the basics if you've been around, or start at the right spot if a beginner.... POG for life.. whooowaa.
From: Rich, Ney York, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger ALU16 64 lbs.
Headsize: Oversize

Comments: This is the excellent racquet, which eliminated my tennis elbow! As a beginner three years ago, I used a lighter type of racquet (Tecnifibre Flash 290). This racquet was not bad, but I got tennis elbow due to the combination of racquet, style of strokes, and type of strings. So, I changed my racquet and strings (to Gamma Professional 17 G), as well as my technique of strokes, and my elbow pain has disappeared. I believe that these 3 factors - the racquet, strings, and technique - has contributed to my recovery. Now, I love the game of tennis again!
From: Ondrej, Pilsen, Czech Republic. 4/10
String type and tension: Gamma Professional, 58-60 lbs.

Comments: This truly is one of the greatest feeling and hitting racquets ever made. It used to be considered stiff, but compared to today's sticks, it truly isn't. Perfect flex for heavy hitters, regardless of whether you hit a heavy topspin ball or a flatter ball. Cuts through the air easily and quickly. Excellent plow through the ball, but still feels fast through the air. Very stable and lots of feel. It was used by not only big baseliners, but a number of serve and volleyers on the ATP tour. I am a coach working at one of the top academies in the U.S. and this is the racquet I choose. If you have arm problems, this is a SUPER choice of racquets for you to use. Handles very heavy hit balls with no problem at all. Give it a try.
From: Coach, Hilton Head Island, SC, USA 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat/61 main-63 cross
NTRP Rating: Open-6.0+

Comments: A perfect 10. This racquet has a great pocketing feel that I've never gotten with any other racquet, even with stiff strings like Luxilon ALU Power and Babolat Pro Hurricane tour strung tight, the racquet still felt soft and extremely spin friendly. The headsize is a bit of a hindrance on serve, but otherwise this is an incredible stick. I love hitting volleys with it too.
From: anon. 08/09

Comments: I'm relatively new to the game (1 year) and improving quickly. I bought a POG a year ago because I figured I would learn with the most "old school" player's racquet still available and if I could play with that I could really play. I've seriously tested about 10 other player's racquets in the last year and nothing has even come close, so I finally doubled up on the POG a few weeks ago. Some other racquets (e.g., Dunlop AG200) feel OK for me in practice or on the ball machine, but when it comes to playing against a strong player who's a level or two above me, there's no other racquet that offers the stability, control and great feel. I'm flabbergasted by the hype that drives racquet sales -- yes, there are other good racquets out there, but nothing better than this 20+ year-old black beauty.
From: Dave, Seattle, WA 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18

Comments: HATED THIS RACKET IN THE EARLY 80's. Thought it was for sissy's and old folks. After 7 years of not playing due to several shoulder surgeries I started playing again. I was playing with the original Dunlop mac 200G. I have a stringing machine and I strung it with 18g poly and nylon in the mains and I was back to winning tournaments but my doubles net play lacked good contact and everyone gave me a bad time about the old racket. I went through many of the popular rackets but all were too light and hard on my shoulder. Then I tried the hated POG. WOW old school feel and great control. I now own 4 and have never been happier especially since no one uses them. Call me the old folk but now I know why they were so popular in the 80's.
From: Steve, Los Angles, CA, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Poly Supex Big Ace 18 natural Gut cross 60-64
NTRP Rating: 4.5 plus

Comments: Amazing racquet. I tried to find a decent racquet to come back to the game with. I ended up with the Prince speedport red. Then was amazed to see they still make the Prince OS graphite from back in the day. I have since bought 2. The speedport red doesn't come close. I hope they keep making this racquet. It's the only racquet I will buy as long as they make it! Yeah... its that good..
From: Rich, New York, NY, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre 65 lbs
Headsize: oversize

Comments: I find it puzzling to read the criticisms of head-light racquets with head sizes over 95 square inches. If I'm not mistaken, all the top ten pros, except Federer, use head-light 100 square inch racquets. For me the POG oversize is the most comfortable balance of power and control ever produced. I've tried many new high-tech racquets, but keep coming back to the POG for the power, precision, forgiveness and comfort. Prince, please never stop producing this racquet, even though they seem to last forever.
From: Ned, St. Louis, MO, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon original 54 lbs.

Comments: I don't like this racquet and here's why. Because it's got a headlight balance and a huge head, I don't know exactly going on when I swing the racquet. I love hitting with the Pro Staff 85 and although that racquet is headlight, it's got a really small head so I know exactly what's going on. I have thought about putting lead tape on the hoop of the Prince but that would make it even heavier. My main racquet is a Babolat AeroPro Drive, and I put lead in the hoop so the increased swingweight will tell me exactly what's going on with the racquet. And since it's a light racquet to begin with, there is room to customize. I liked the mid size version of the POG much better.
From: Derek, CA. 3/09

Comments: The only racket that comes close to this in pure control and pop is the Pro Staff (the Edberg version with the red and yellow paint on the black frame). I have hit with almost everything. Two years back I started to play again after an 8-year layoff. Well I thought these would be too heavy so I bought some Prince Sharks, I like them but didn't like the wide frame so I bought some O3 Tours, what a waste of money that was. I am back to these old schools sticks and they hit 100% better then those Tours. I don't get how Prince makes all these rackets and the old one is still much better.
From: Dave, Los Angeles, CA. 3/09
String type and tension: Prince Topspin, 72lbs

Comments: Great racquet, switched from an Agassi Radical OS LE. I had minor elbow pain and that has disappeared. No problems with power or control. Very solid and forgiving stick.
From: Mike, TX, USA, 02/09
String type and tension: Prince SynGut 16 Duraflex @ 67lbs

Comments: This stick is amazing! I have tried the Head Classic Tour, Speedport White, Babolat Pure Drive, AeroPro Drive, along with others and this stick beats them all. If you want control, go with this racquet. I can string this on the lower end and still get more control than with others at the high end. Don't know why I switched in the first place.
From: Edman, Lindale, TX. USA. 1/09
String type and tension: 62 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I spent some demo time with this stick and the mid as well. I play with the Wilson K Factor Tour 90 and wanted to compare these classic sticks. Overall, both the mid and OS are good frames with enough heft to put good pace on the ball with a relaxed swing. Touch is good and I like the flex, especially on the OS. The OS is noticeably more powerful than the mid, with a bit of a trampoline feel common with larger heads. Mid plays closest to the k-90 but interestingly feels quite a bit stiffer and even though it has a 14x18 string pattern, does not spin the ball as well as the k-90. The larger head on the OS provides a bit more forgiveness, but is less maneuverable. Volleys are acceptable but these sticks are not as head light as I prefer for quick net play. On serve, the OS is simply too slow through the ball (because of head size and balance) and lots of spin and pop are hard to come by. My mechanics are still good, but if I felt my swings were slowing down and I needed a bit more power, the os would be a good fit (I'm in my mid 40's). For now, the K-90 will remain my weapon of choice, and reigns supreme with the best mix of precision, power, and feel.
From: Anon, CA. USA. 1/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 60

Comments: Due to arm troubles and a problem breaking racquets (not due to throwing) I tried the POG. I have been using midsize racquets with roughly the same flex, headlight, 12.5oz for 20 years, so I balanced this racquet the same. The main difference was the larger head, which took a bit of adjustment. I liked the spin from the wider string pattern, but I may have lost a bit of speed on flat serves. Because of arm problems and because it's hard on racquets (Pro Kennex5g which was great on my arm kept breaking using kevlar), I have tried to give up kevlar string but cannot get use to the trampolining so I'm still using it. The arm seems OK and the POGs which I'm told are the toughest racquets on the market have held up well 2yrs. Agassi,Chan,etc all used kevlar in the POG107 I'm surprised its not more popular.
kevlar mains 45lbs, crosses 65lbs.

Comments: This stick is really frustrating. I've used a few OS's racquets. Head Microgel Radical OS, Head Flexpoint Rad os and the Agassi Radical os. I bought this by word-of-mouth, via TW reviews, I found this to have way too much power, despite the hefty weight and headlight balance and the 19 mm beam. I used Luxilon alu at 64, and I use a lot of spin and angle in my game. I had a problem rallying from the baseline with this one. I own a longbody midplus and found that one much more suited to hitting groundies. Serves were only good if I spun them in, but the slice/kick serves were hardcore and I could jam easily, and my righty slice out wide in the deuce court was incredible. Overall, flat serves, control groundies and anything flat were tough. Kick/slice serves were intense. I have a fast swing style and was over-hitting SO MUCH. I had a hard time painting lines too, something I didn't have a hard time using the Longbody. I'd prefer the mid headsize. probably better for serving.

Comments: I agree with the comment below. You have to try it out to appreciate it. I'm only 15 and this racquet has been around for a while and it's been updated through the years. I own the oversize but I really want the mid. Other racquets may look nicer but it won't give you the performance these POGS will give you. I'm not saying that the POG is ugly because it does have a wicked paint job, it's just that all the new technology and stuff produces unworthy racquets. The OS gave me great control and improved my game, I just can't imagine the kind of feedback I will get if I actually got my hands on the mid. I hope to purchase one soon.
From: Justin, NC. USA. 10/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut w/ Duraflex

Comments: Wow I just got this racquet recently (used although almost brand new). After reading these comments on TW I feel like I have chosen the right racquet. I am a rookie-intermediate player and this racquet really gave me pace and great control. The weight might scare some players but it actually doesn't feel heavy at all. I'm a baseline player and this racquet gave me just the right amount of power and control. It's true when they say "You get what you put into the racquet." I hope to step up my game a little more and hopefully take over the #6 seed on my high school team. Great racquet all players should try it. Also has a wicked paint job, the black is awesome.
From: Justin, Conover, NC. USA. 9/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut w/ Duraflex 62
Headsize: 107 sq in.

Comments: Wow what a racquet. I keep switching racquets but the feel of this racquet is unsurpassed. It has almost been 4 years since I've been playing with this. It does take a while to get used to and in my case I was getting whipped as I wasn't able to generate as much power as my Head Twin Tube Radical (yellow Agassi racquet). However, the dynamics of this racquet make you swing the correct way to direct the ball and impart power. I would say that this racquet has helped refine my game and enabled me to hit strokes with the right mechanics. Also, you can generate a ton of topspin with this. Awesome racquet.
From: Prashanth, San Francisco, CA, USA. 08/08
String type and tension: Klippermate Powerburst for mains + poly for crosses

Comments: Everything a tennis racquet should be. The better you are, the more you will appreciate what a remarkable feat of engineering this is. Younger players should give it a try. Nothing on the market today even comes close.

Comments: Like many of you, I have tried many new frames and always return to the POG. I have been playing the POG since 1987 when I graduated from the Prince Pro aluminum frame. It is great that this frame is still manufactured (why mess with perfection). I still like to string them tight @74 lbs to add as much control as possible. The original POGs were recommended at 72 to 80 lbs, I guess they reduced the recommended tension to increase the power rating. However, for me there is plenty of power and the great thing about this frame is the feel you have on all shots. The new lighter frames are a little more maneuverable but the POGs control far offsets the fact that it is a little heavier. I really wish that calfskin replacement grips were still made or that Prince would sell a calfskin replacement. Their leather replacement is not very good. I used my last Fairway Grip on my current #1 Frame. Thanks Prince, keep making it for another 27 years.
From: Tony, Mentor, Ohio, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 16 Mains/Tour Poly Cross @74#

Comments: Used this one in the 90's, got 6 new ones with the old 4 stripe design last year (Graphite 110), and now the search is over. Great control from all areas of the court, the wide stringbed makes spin a snap. Medium power level, very well playable from intermediate up to experts. Love it especially on volleys, headlight balance makes it very maneuverable, yet very stable at impact. The touch is excellent, this racquet is perfect for Chip and Charge and slice. Easy on the arm, plows through the ball without twisting. And the looks: still the best-looking stick with the old paint job. No wonder this is still in production after 27 years.
From: Peter, Storndorf, Germany, 03/08
String type and tension: Prince SG Duraflex 16, 60 lbs

Comments: I have to join the majority of commentators on this racquet: it is amazing. This racquet truly has amazing feel & touch. The shots go where you aim them, and nothing more. It seems also to be a very versatile stick: It is more than agreeable on volleying and very very nice off the baseline. The feel during heavy hitting is solid as a rock. It is very well finished: thin beam and no frills with the color scheme. The leather grip is perfect as well. The Prince Original Graphite is not for beginners, but I would say anyone from intermediate to expert could use it. I would recommend it particularly to baseline players with long, loopy strokes. I play the mid version. My style of play is baseline/all court.
From: O.N. 3/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU big banger fluoro @ 60lbs
Headsize: 93 sq.in

Comments: I have to confess that this racquet still competes easily with the modern racquets of today. I try to consider the fact that this frame instantly gives me the feel of 'yesteryear' so I bond more readily with the feedback and performance characteristics. Because I know where the ball is going immediately upon impact, I can position myself in the court more quickly. Newer racquets have so many technologies embedded to increase precision and power that sometimes the feel is muted giving you less feedback to anticipate the next move on the court. There is no lack of power, precision, spin or feel in this stick so, if you can put a good move on the ball, you are rewarded. I wonder if the graphite used holds up well over the long run (vibration & mis-hits break down the resilience and bond of the fibers), but I think this is a great stick for the money. I would put the 107 in anyone's hands and the 93s with the more skilled players averse to huge racquet heads.
From: Joe, San Diego, CA, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT and Tecnifibre NRG2 (60-62lbs.)

Comments: Truly a classic! Amazing and one of the best I've ever hit with (not quite as good as Federer's K-Factor Tour)! I didn't like it at first, but that was because I was using a terrible string. Once I strung it with a decent/good string it was absolutely terrific! The only con I would say about this racquet is that you don't get that much pop on your strokes in general and that you have to generate a lot of the power, but the control definitely makes up for it. Spin is pretty good and feel/comfort is great! If you want a racquet with superior control and great feel, this stick is definitely for you -- especially if you don't want to shell out $200 for Fed's racquet or all the recent sticks that come out. I would recommend this racquet to anybody regardless of skill level.
From: Bryen, Austin, TX, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Klip Screamer Gut/Synthetic Hybrid @ 56 lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.0 (Aggressive Baseliner, big hitter)

Comments: This racquet is a beauty. I got my hands on one that was made 10 years ago and it still plays with the same vigor as any other racquet I've encountered. Puts incredible topspin on the ball, and slices are amazing. The power won't amaze you, but it's enough. Overall, the racquet is one of the best you'll ever find. You won't be disappointed by the performance.
From:John Parks, FL, USA. 2/08

Comments: Some previous posters said you have to supply your own power with this racket, which is misleading and not true in my experience. This has a lot of power and is excellent for serves. This racquet is surprisingly excellent for volleys too! Easy to maneuver, and the larger head size helps you get balls back you wouldn't with a smaller frame. The power/control factor allows you to punch deep with perfect placement on your first volley, then the touch is also there for the droppers. Because of the string type and tension I selected, I have been hitting all of my groundstrokes long, so I will remedy that with the highest recommended tension and control-oriented string type. I recommend this because there is more power with this racket than you might think based on information available. My slice one-handed backhand is the toughest shot to dial in. Also, for some reason, this racquet tempts you to hit way more topspin than is usually necessary, so I guess I'm saying it's tough to figure out how to flatten out the groundstrokes. It seems to require less effort than control-oriented, smaller head, "player's" rackets, and even though a lot of people comment that it is heavy, I didn't notice it being any heavier than any other racquet. It does seem to be less harsh on my tennis elbow, whether that has anything to do with a couple extra ounces of weight or not.
From: Scott, East Lansing, MI, USA. 2/08

Comments: Make no mistake. This remains a superior racquet to anything else on the market. As a former tour player and current teaching pro, I've had my fair share of racquet contracts with various companies and have hit with every new player's racquet of any acclaim for the last 20 years. I've yet to find anything that even comes close to this in terms of the perfect balance between control and power. It is exceptional. It is also especially forgiving on the arm and wrist compared to today's stiffer frames made of material besides pure graphite, if that is an issue. The 107 is the better choice because it has all of the feel of the 93, but offers more power and access to spin due to the larger headsize. Both frames, however, are first rate if the 107 is too much racket for someone who can't stomach the idea of playing with an oversized racquet.
From: Anon, USA. 1/08
String type and tension: Gut @ 65 lbs.

Comments: I could have saved myself a lot of money by sticking with this classic instead of being seduced by marketing campaigns. Simply put, if you want to hit a heavy ball then this is the racquet. It's the most satisfying feeling I've had striking a tennis ball. The plow-through is great and the 107 in bed allows me to strike the ball with good consistency. No more spinning for me. I can drive the ball like never before. I even like it at the net.
From: JR, Columbia, TN, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: M: Poly, X: Syn Gut

Comments: I played with this racket in the 80's. In the 90's to recent I switched to other Prince rackets, which were lighter and stiffer... My game suffered. I have returned home with this amazing racket. It's indeed a classic racket... Superb feel, control, and power. The weight of the racket gives me something to strike the ball. To top it off, my arm and elbow feel no stress. Technology hype not needed!
From: Chaz, Columbia, SC, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Babolat VS natural thermogut 17 @ 63 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: Let's get this straight right away ... you do not need to be an 'expert' tennis player to use and enjoy the Prince Graphite Classic. The OS version is not a difficult racquet to master, and it is fine for an intermediate player. I was drawn to the Graphite Classic because years ago I used the Prince CTS Precision, which weighed about 12.5 ounces and was very flexy. There was something about that racquet. The POG weighs 12.2 ounces and is tail-weighted and flexy. When I picked it up, it felt odd. I would call it a "club." I didn't like the calfskin leather grip and will replace that soon. But then I started swinging. The Graphite Classic OS is unlike any modern racquet. The flex is extremely noticeable. The weight, once you get going, is not a factor. In fact, if the Graphite Classic lacks 'power,' the weight makes up for it. If you get a good swing, and hit the sweet spot, you crush the ball. And the racquet flexes. Can't explain it, but it is so cool. Spin is effortless. My serves have an excellent pop. Accuracy is good. I especially like the heavier racquet for those shots where you just stick it out and pray. If you hit the ball, you will return it. Weight means solidity.
From: David, Charlotte, NC. USA. 12/07
String type and tension: Gamma TNT

Comments: I quit playing tennis about 6 years ago, and at that time I was playing with the Wilson Hammer 4.4. After the long layoff, I tried coming back slowly, hitting once a month. After 2 hours of playing w/the Hammer, my tennis elbow had come back. I tried several new frames, Volkl, Wilson, Babolat, Fischer, etc. to get a feel of what felt good on the arm. On my third outing I decided to pull out "old faithful" (I used to play Prince Graphite's back in HS and college days) and darn did my game come back! Accurate serves, precise groundstrokes, great feel on volleys, and most of all soft on the arm. I am now persuaded to buy a couple new frames and get back into the game. This is by far the best frame I have ever used.
From: J. Tuazon, Chicago, IL. USA. 12/07
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 16g @ 58 lbs.

Comments: I write this for the intermediate players out there like me. Every so often my game goes off the track and I start a search for a new, improved racquet -- it's temporary insanity. I'll start to demo new technology and even sometimes buy based on hype, but I always have my faithful POG with me for comparison. There is none. Nothing compares with the POG. Don't be scared off by the assignment of a 5.0 rating and above to use the POG or the racquet's weight. I'm 5'9-1/2" and 160 lbs. and I just let it do the work for me.
From: Earl, St. Louis, MO. USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 @ 62lbs.

Comments: First got this racquet as a hand me down from my uncle when I was a junior, now I'm in college still shredding balls & opponents with it. Prince rep is trying to get me to change to the new Speedport tour (they're alright) but are in my dorm room gathering dust. I just can't seem to switch for some reason. These are great match sticks, performance is clutch under pressure ... Kudos to the legendary Master POG! Prince, please don't DQ these. Agassi, Chang, Spadea, Stolle, Black, Ferrero... I feel ya, once you go POG, you can't go back!
From: Cameron, Westwood, CA. USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Ace 18g / Gosen JC 17g (56/60)

Comments: Best racquet I've ever hit with. It produces a very "heavy" ball that today's flimsy racquets can't match. I hit with the Speedport Red for a few days and because of the lighter weight I found myself swinging twice as hard to try to match the POG's results. The weight of the POG absorbs the shock of your shots and saves your arm and elbow in the process. Focus on proper stroke mechanics and early preparation and this racquet will reward you with crushing groundstrokes from all over the court.
From: Bob, Pensacola, FL, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut Multi 62 lbs.

Comments: Still the best racquet out there. No gimmicks, no phenomenal paint schemes, etc. It is proven to be the easiest racquet on the arm. I am a former challenger circuit player and former coach at Hopman Tennis. I have been enticed by companies to use their racquets and every time that I do, my arm hurts. I pick up the Prince and my arm is fine. Excellent spin and pop on the ball. Still the Ferrari of racquets. And yes, I have to buy these when I could get others free. Does that tell you anything?
From: Brett, USA. 8/07
String type and tension: Babolat hybrid @ 67 lbs.

Comments: I remember when Andre Agassi debut ATP tour tournament when he was 16 in Seoul. (KAL Open) I bet not too many people notice. This racquet is the far best you can hardly compare with any other, especially in control area. I wanted to change to new racquets but I hate to admit, I keep on coming back to this racquet...And people that around me playing, they know it too. Thanks to Prince keep on manufacturing Graphite Original. I'm in 30's but this Graphite Original carries many good memories from my teen years to now. Please, Prince company, keep that leather grip and do not lose that Graphite Original's feel (control)! I can't say enough about this magic stick!
From: Oh, SEOUL, KOREA, 04/07
string type and tension: Natural GUT , 67-70
NTRP Rating: Player's level: KTA: 4.0, USTA: 4.0

Comments: Normally I don't comment on racquets because I haven't found one worth mentioning, but I just had to speak out as a Prince Original Graphite worshiper. I first discovered this stick back in 1982, bought it for $200 with a single green line & no grommets. I've always had at least 2-4 of these, at one time I had 5 Mids & 5 OS, now I'm down to 2 Mids & 2 OS. Yes, there are racquets that are lighter, have more power, finesse, spin, control etc...but this stick the best all around stick you'll ever find. I originally started with the OS but you will never outgrow this stick because as you get better you will be able to hit even better shots with it; but the Mid will surprise you with some unreal shots, especially on serves. If you're in decent shape it will reward your full strokes. I'm playing with dirt cheap synthetic guts & they still play great & I've played with some good strings on it in the past (like Luxilon & Signum Polys & Multis & Monofilaments) you'll be amazed...balls will scream off the racquet & your opponents will be shaking their heads, just tell them it was luck...in reality they got POG'D! I've been playing with this stick when I was 14 or 15 & now I'm 39, wow, so the proof is in the pudding, so go & get these boys & stash them away...I just hope Prince never stops making these GEMS! Hope this review was helpful...oh, I have 3 of the 1987 model version, yes they have more of a buttery feel, but the newer model is also good, feels little lighter & bit stiffer nothing a little customizing wouldn't fix. I rather have ANY POG THAN NO POG!
From: Eric, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Cheap Synthetic Gut
Headsize: 93 & 107
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I stopped playing tennis 18 years ago for reasons too long to explain here and began playing again about 4 months ago. I tried demos of all the new racquets, Fisher Magnetic pro, Babolat racquets (several models), Wilson 6.1 and others. I developed elbow and shoulder pain and finally decided to pull out "old faithful" out of a closet and restring it ...my 1987 game came back immediately, pin point control on my serves, nice kick serve and more than sufficient power. My ground game control is lethal, I can paint the lines, control drop shots and my angles with slice and backspin is back. It is great to serve and volley with this stick whether going for touch or sticking a volley .The Prince Graphite Oversize is the best weapon I have ever used, I hope it is never discontinued!
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Bang 63lbs
Headsize: Oversize

Comments: I have been playing with this racquet for 20 years. I have used all the new technology and nothing compares to the Graphite OS. I am 55 years young, and can hit this racquet as hard or harder than most of my young students. The only problem for most is the weight of the racquet being too heavy. If you can handle the weight, there is nothing better. The best racquet ever made period!!!
From: Chuck, Tampa, FL, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Premier Softflex 17
Headsize: OS

Comments: I own four of the OS sized frames, and have used them for the last 3 years. I rely on speed, stamina and (this is where the racquet comes in) no mistakes from the baseline. Great racquet with which to jerk opponents puppet-like from side to side using heavy topspin groundstrokes. More importantly, when I imagine break point down, opponent at net who has just popped up a short volley, I can't imagine a better racquet to make that crucial pass. Downside (and every racquet has at least one) is the lack of maneuverability and control when hitting a flat serve (kickers and sliced serves are fine). I would not recommend it for one handed backhands, net players, or flat servers.
From: Alex, Canberra, Australia 09/06
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut w/Duraflex 16m/17c @ 63lbs

Comments: This racquet plows through the ball and gives a solid feel not found in today's racquets. The control that can be achieved with this stick is unmatched. The sweet spot is sweet and consistent, not hot and trampoline-like which is the downfall of other oversize pretenders. The weight is really not an issue, heavier weight equals solid hitting and a healthy elbow. The 12.2oz strung weight is easily managed by most adults and even juniors over the course of a match. Many find the weight a turnoff, but it is part of the secret of success. Head light balance makes it easy to wield. It is truly a weapon of war! My not so secret, retro, on-court weapon of mass destruction.
From: Duffy, USA 08/06
String type and tension: Signum Pro Fiber EXP mains 70/Poly Plasma Crosses 68

Comments: I've played with this racket for many years now, and I'm still constantly impressed with its performance when I'm under pressure. Thinking back, I could honestly say it's been over ten years since I first purchased this racket and it still feels just as good as when it was first strung. To begin with, this racket isn't as flashy as those newer generation rackets, but if you compare this to the original pro staff 85/95, you'll remember how this is a classic frame with a heaviness that's comforting in your hand. I've noticed I can get a lot of spin from the open string pattern, and can accidentally hit off center shot without having to worry about fencing the ball. With the racket's low power rating, I can take my long loopy swings at the ball without worrying much about constantly hitting the ball past the baseline. Placement with this racket is superb and should be ranked among the best. If you can, try it for yourself, and see what I'm talking about. I've played with the pro staff 85 and although this OS racket has more power and flex, I must say this racket offers a similar ball feel when it comes to ball control. I try to benchmark most rackets against this racket and the pro staff 85 because they offer the most feel and control out of all the rackets I've used. If you are a tweener and looking upwards towards a control oriented racket, this can be the beginning of a new love affair.
From: Nick, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 08/06
NTRP Rating: solid 4.0, heading towards 4.5

Comments: I am partial to Prince frames, and this is simply my favorite. The weight and vibration dampening qualities are unmatched. I had looked at 2 studies of racquets from a few years back and this was the highest rated in ball speed per effort and the lowest torque. There is no rattle, no vibration. There is not a lot of built in power, aside from the weight, so, especially with my forehand, I can swing out and not worry about the ball sailing. Lots of topspin. I enjoy this so much, I bought a second.
From: Michael, Tampa, Florida, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Prince 15 Syn Gut 62 lbs
Headsize: OS 107
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: WOW!!! This is it - excellent feel, comfort and control. I have both the mid & OS. Use mid for doubles and OS for singles. My serve speed with mid has gone up a couple of notches. Groundstrokes are excellent with the OS. Arm gets a little tired while playing 3 sets because of the weight. Other than that there's not another racquets that even comes close. It may be termed as a 'players' racquet but it is good for anyone who wants to play serious tennis.
From: MD, Alpharetta, GA 07/06
String type and tension: Titan Gut, 60 (mid) and 67(oversize)
Headsize: Both mid & oversize

Comments: We all know this racquet, the POG, has almost legendary acclaim, but the reason is really pretty simple. In my opinion, it is the perfect weight, 12.2 oz, anything under 12 is just not enough to really let the racquet do the work, it has a large headsize at 107, much better the 100 or less, and it's stiffness rating is just about right, low 60's. There is not much else out there to compete with it, except this Avery OS that TW is now selling, but why pay more for a stick that may not be as good? If you add a little weight to the handle, the POG plays even better.
From: Jonathan, GA, USA
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger

Comments: I played in the 90's with the Original Graphite OS. My best records when I was in competition were with this extraordinary Prince Model. Never suffered of shoulder pain, it was always incredible steady and solid. In a few words amazing control and power. I changed about 10 different models from 1996 until now. You name a model and I have probably tried it. After I stopped playing with it I always had shoulder and elbow pains, going back and forth. I finally decided to go back to what it worked for me. So I did, I got them again six moths ago and like a miracle my shoulder and elbow problems were gone and my game was back a 100%. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who's game is higher than 3.5.
From: Rodrigo Barreira, Mexico City, Mexico 06/06
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina 64lbs
Headsize: OS

Comments: I quit playing tennis for about 3 years after a long 30 year run. I am now starting to play again and after seeing what the pro's are playing with today, I felt I had to comeback using one of the newer racquets. But after play testing a few, I knew I could always come back to my trusty Prince Graphite Original. It really never surprised me. Thanks to Prince and I hope you never discontinue the classic!
From: Doug Robinson, USA 06/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 65lbs

Comments: Currently using Head FXP Radical Tour but will always carry my POG OS and use it to warm up. The solid feel and pop you hear when strung at high tension is found in only a few frames out today, and looking back I know why I've never had elbow or arm problems (until I demoed today's frames). You feel the ball on the strings on groundstrokes and volleys, but the shock or vibration stays on the racquet and there's no compromise of control. You can play with this if you're a 3.0 and you won't outgrow it if you get above 5.0. If my Head FXP tour taxes my arm in the future, I know I can always come back home to this racquet well into my 60's). This racquet can compete with any racquet out there today, in fact it would still be used by many pro's today if it were not for companies having to market the newer models.
From: Paul R, South FLorida, USA 05/06
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut/70lbs

Comments: I was using a Head i.radical OS purchased from TW a few years back. I have been trying numerous racquets but none of them was convincingly suitable for me. I couldn't demo the Prince Graphite Classic (Original) as no one was selling the racquet here in Perth so I decided to rely on the rave reviews in TW and bought one from the web site. It was an instant connection. Loved it. I am currently saving up to buy a few more of these before they stop producing them. Nowadays, there aren't a lot of OS racquets out there that's in the player's racquet category selling at that price tag. Moreover, it comes with a leather grip!
From: Andrew, Perth, WA, Australia 05/06
String type and tension: Gamma Syn 17g
Headsize: OS

Comments: If you're looking for the ultimate control frame, look no further. This one will allow you to take the ball on the rise with a full swing and put the ball wherever you want. Serve & Volley tennis is a "kick" with this model, and it shines from the baseline as well. If you're in good physical condition, have good foot work, technique etc, you'll love this classic frame.
From: John, Denver, CO, USA 04/06