Gamma RZR 98 T Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: The Gamma RZR 98 T doesn't get enough attention for being a rock-solid, powerful racquet. This racquet is unbelievably maneuverable, thanks to Gamma's effort to create a truly remarkable aerodynamic racquet. Because of this, the entire swing is buttery smooth. This racquet is quite heavy though and it is certainly not for everyone. It's most suited for strong, muscular 4.0+ level players who can swing a heavy racquet for at least an hour. The 12.1 ounce and 350 swing weight will compromise racquet head speed but it will make up for it with extraordinary plow through, stability, and control. This is a heavyweight racquet that was designed for studs. If you're not sure that you're a heavyweight player, then you should demo this racquet before you buy! It's not for everyone, but in the right hands, it's a weapon.
From: Felipe, 9/13

Comments: I played this stick as a demo. The weight on the frame reads 10.7 oz and it definitely doesn't spec out like the retail websites say.
From: Schuyler, 7/12

Comments: As I age somewhat, I have moved more into doubles and was experimenting with different models of Prince, Babolat, and Wilson with varying feelings about them. Mainly the ones I tried were too stiff in the frames and felt it up my arm into the elbow. I read about this racquet in a review and liked the specs, including it was at least under 100sq. I saw it on the internet at a low cost and figured what the heck and bought it. I was not overwhelmed playing it at first but it was okay. But as I played a few weeks with it, I came to really like the feel, responsiveness and spin. When I jump on it there is good power with good control. It has nice touch and maneuverability at the net. At first I didn't like serving with it, but with time my serves have improved, especially the movement on my second serves. I "may" someday move on, but for now I am very pleased with this one and glad I ventured to give it a try.
From: Ken, 5/12

Comments: I'm playing with this coming from a stick that's completely different. I was playing with the Prince Tour Diablo Mid and I still very much love it, however, I've noticed in the last year or so the head size was simply getting much too small for me and I was shanking more and more. As a result, I decided to go for something larger. I remember the Black Racquet play test and was actually pretty excited when that was announced. So, on a whim I bought the RZR 98T, but had it weighed to the specs I had my Diablo at (362g static weight/343g Swing Weight/31.9cm Balance). I have to say I hated this racket for the first few hours I played, but once I found my groove with it, I was hitting with more pace, more spin (I do love me some spin) and with a lot more consistency than before. My only complaint right now is with the larger surface area, I feel a bit slower with the take back and I'm noticing my stress on my wrist, but not to the point of pain. I figure those complaints will probably wane as I get used to hitting with such a large head again.

Comments: Don't let the fact that Gamma is less popular than Babolat, Wilson, and Head keep you from trying out this racquet. It's extremely solid, with excellent feel, power, and control. I tested the Black Racquet 98T and recently purchased the retail version and I am thoroughly impressed with their performance. The weight can be a little extreme for those who are not used to playing with heavy racquets or aren't strong enough to use them. But I have had no problems with transitioning. I heavily modified my frame to reach 400g (14.11oz) and 11.5pts HL and let the performance of the racquet speak for itself. I can hit the ball harder, deeper, with more spin and control than I ever got with my previous racquets. Combined with RPM Blast 17g @ 60lbs and my weight and balance modifications, this racquet has already began to change the way I play for the better. Give it a chance! You might be surprised!
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g, 60lbs

Comments: Okay, first I'd like to say I haven't played with this specific one, but the prototype. It's actually surprising how much I liked it. I never thought much of Gamma racquets, but this one caught me off guard. Overall, whether you're talking about serves, volleys, forehand, etc... it's a good racquet. Not great in my opinion, but good enough. It feels like you can whip the racquet around rather easily and offers decent power and spin. I recommend it to people that normally use Babolats because it feels like one. And $150 is a good price for the model (compared to $200 racquets).
From: Peter, 2/12