Head Graphene Prestige Rev Pro Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: All the negative comments about this racquet must be taken with a grain of salt. For the "better" player, this racquet must be customized. Of course it's not like a classic Prestige because it is so light! It is a great platform racquet and when it's customized with added weight, it is awesome. Played in stock form, there is a decent swingweight but feels hollow/pingy. I added 12 grams of weight -- 6grams at 3 oclock, 6grams at 9 o'clock. I added a Head synthetic leather grip/overgrip/rubber dampener. The total weight is 330g, SW is 345, Balance 33cm. This is a very stable racquet yet in a lighter overall static weight. The racquet just crushes the ball, you can really feel the ball sink into the strings, no vibrations, very solid feeling, super stable. With the 16x19 string pattern, the launch angle is slightly higher than with your typical Prestige Mid, which is what I always wished for in the classic Prestiges. I used to play racquets leaded up to around 360 grams, moderate SW in the 330s, very headlight (8 pts), but this new setup is so much better -- lighter weight, heavy SW and higher balance -- just wicked. Compared with my friend's Pure Drive, I hit heavier serves, heavier groundstrokes, easier one handed backhand and just as much spin -- it's just perfect. I'm a 5.0 player -- mostly baseliner, but come to the net when possible to finish off points and strung this with a hybrid set-up Head Sonic Pro mains and a synthetic gut cross at 55 lbs. The correct weight after customization is 332g, just under 33cm balance (32.85), 345 SW.
From: J, 10/14

Comments: Comfortable but very low powered. Hitting into the wind today, I had trouble getting the ball deep with a solid 3.5 stroke. I have used the Wilson Tour 95 and this racquet has a lot less power.

Comments: I was sponsored by Head for a number of years and used a number of the Head Prestige mid racquets while playing satellite tournaments back in the 90's. It was a good racquet but left much to be desired in my personal opinion. I switched to Volkl and then signed with Wilson and have been with the KBlade Tour 93 until now. This racquet absolutely rocks. The weight distribution towards the head really helps with stability and it really plows through the ball. Has great feel and spin with the open pattern and 93 inch head. Needs to be hybrid strung in my personal opinion. I train a number of high level juniors and this racquet stands up to the hitting. I also changed the grip to a tennis warehouse 1.3 mm thick leather grip under an overgrip. Huge difference.
From: Coach, 10/14

Comments: This racquet is horrible. Head has completely ruined the Prestige ever since they moved away from the Youtek Mid design. The weight and string pattern were much better before. Definitely will not be buying a Head racquet until they can get it right!
From: Phillip, 9/14

Comments: This a good frame, but I would really appreciate it if Head could bring the Prestige Mid back with an 18x20 in the Graphene material -- with a low flex and all black, that would be a dream. Until then maybe I'll play with the Mid Plus just for the 18x20.

Comments: People are getting this racquet wrong. It is too light because it has to be customised. Add lead tape in the grip until you get a 30.5 balance. This leaves it weighting about 345 strung if I am not remembering wrong. Then put 18 on horizontals 19 on verticals and there you go, you are not hitting a ball out again in your life. As much spin as you want with such low tension, and tons of control. I've tested all racquets over 320 grams and nothing compares to this. It is just perfect. This racquet has to be modified, otherwise it doesn't work.
From: Miguel, 4/14

Comments: Here is an update after customizing. I had ambiguous feelings about this frame until I found the right setup. Where this frame lacks stability is in the lower quadrants of the hoop. First I added too much weight to the head but then I found that 6-7 grams of lead on each side from 3-5 o'clock and from 7-9 o'clock helped stabilize the frame without making it too heavy. A volk leather grip added 0.5oz to handle, an overgrip 0.2oz; few layers of electrical tape around the handle would also do the trick. Make sure you get one a size smaller so that there is room to build up the weight. My final setup weighs about 12.3oz strung with a dampener and overgrip, and now I love this frame. I appreciate the low 61 flex, the feel reminds me of a more solid, flexier, and powerful Microgel Prestige Mid. Strung at 57lbs with multi/synth
From: Munoz, 4/14

Comments: Strung with RPM Blast 17 on the mains at 51 lbs and Gamma TNT 16 on the crosses at 53 lbs. This racquet pings like crazy. But it is at a good weight to where I can add silicone in the handles and add a bunch of lead to turn it into a real Presitige Mid. Definitely needs more weight though!
From: Malcom, 3/14

Comments: I'm a tennis pro from New Jersey and have used the Prestige for as long as I can remember. I had to customize this new one and with the right customized job it is going to be off the hook.
From: JR, 3/14

Comments: I absolutely love it! I used to play with the Prestige Mid Size and eventually had to switch to the Prestige Pro because I don't play that often anymore. I saw this one and demoed just for fun but absolutely love it! I feel that it gives me all the control and everything that I remembered from the Prestige Mid but easier on the arm. I use it with Luxilon Big Banger at 55 pounds and it feels unbelievable. If you are a big hitter and would like a little more control than bigger racquets I suggest you try this one.
From: Fernando, 3/14

Comments: Lighter, faster, leaner. I don't know if it is just me but this philosophy has reached a point where most racquets from most manufacturers today are too light too fast and too lean, to the disadvantage of the players. I thought that the Prestige, being an iconic line from Head, would not suffer the indignity of this philosophy and would remain a true players racquet. Boy was I wrong. After hitting with this racquet, I have to assume that the people designing racquets for the racquet manufacturers today are just terrible tennis players who have not idea what makes a good racquet good, engineers who maybe think that one or two variables (like weight and less weight) make a tennis racquet good. I'm going retro to when racquets had plow through, so you wouldn't have to mess up your elbow and shoulder to return a 100+ MPH serve and ground strokes, and people would work out a bit to be able to play this wonderful and technically challenging game called tennis. Another iconic racquet line has just gone to the dogs.

Comments: Very nice frame. I thought Head messed things up making this a 16x19 but the string bed is dense enough to be an 18x20, about the same as a Blade 93. I can see the potential in this frame, it is almost fine as is, but by adding about an ounce of lead it could be a real weapon as the frame itself has a crisp, powerful response. The response is also similar to a Pro Tour 280 as there is a definite flex in the throat when hitting a well struck ball. A great starting point for some customization. Well done Head.
From: Munoz, 2/14

Comments: I actually quite enjoyed hitting with this frame, it is very light indeed but it has potential when adding weight. Lacks plow but excels in directional control, very comfortable.
From: JR, 2/14

Comments: Demo'd the Rev Pro -- definitely much lighter than the previous generations of Prestiges. Added a little lead tape at 12. Using synthetic gut 16 gauge and a 'worm' dampener. I immediately found the Rev Pro to be solid -- no vibration on off center hits. Has more power than the YouTek Prestige Mid, probably due to the 93" bed and the longer mains. Great spin from the 16x19. Volleys were crisp. Easy power serving. Bought one and this is now my main racquet. Great job, Head.

Comments: Absolute disaster! The feel of the racquet has completely changed. It now feels very hollow instead of the solid feel of its previous brothers. This racquet does not fit into the Prestige line at all.
From: Bryant, 2/14

Comments: Just awful. Head really screwed up the Prestige Mid. Too light for a midsize racquet. No more plow through, which was a great feature of all previous reincarnations.

Head Graphene Prestige Rev Pro Racquets - Where to go from here