Head Graphene Prestige Midplus Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have been using this racquet for the past 6 months, I've come to both, love and hate the racquet. As a mid-level high school player, I'm not particularly good nor bad at tennis, but I usually hit the sweetspot when hitting. Downsides: a small sweetspot (as everybody has said; I've become so used to not hitting the sweetspot, that when I do, I end up hitting long), tennis elbow (I've never had this issue before, but now, whenever I serve or don't hit the middle of the racquet, my elbow flares). Upsides: excellent control (I was able to place my shots pretty much anywhere on the court), easy volleys, and solid stability through groundstrokes.
From: Nick, 6/14

Comments: I have played with the previous version of this racquet for several years and I agree with the other other comments -- this racquet feels totally different. I liked the extra depth I got on the ball, more power, but ultimately gave up trying to get comfortable with this frame. I had it strung with Babolat RPM blast 18, 53 lbs. I'm a 4.5 player.
From: Royce, 4/14

Comments: I am a 4.5 player and try to play multiple times per week. I play with a two-handed backhand and have played with the Prestige MP Youtek and IG version and this Graphene version is different. I agree with those who say it has a more modern feel. I believe the sweet spot is still in the same place but felt different even though I used the same string and the same tension (MSV Focus Hex at 46lbs) as my IG racquets. I hit with it for only one hour and came to this conclusion: the Graphene version seems to have more power, swings a bit faster, but has lost that buttery feel with the older versions. I noticed no noticeable gains in spin, plow through, pace, etc. Head did a great job with the paint and look of the racquet and I do not think it is better or worse than previous versions, just different. It lost the buttery feel, gained a more modern feel at the same time gaining a bit of power while sacrificing the same amount of plow through. If you are not a classic Prestige player you might like this but the more traditionalist might find it a bit harder to put down the classic Prestige.
From: Don, 2/14

Comments: I demoed the Graphene Prestige MP today on an indoor carpet court. Hitting balls for one hour. Since Summer 2009, I have been playing with all of the previous Prestige models (Microgel, Youtek, IG). For string, I usually use the Tecnifibre x-One Biphase. I am a lefthanded baseliner with a one handed backhand and flat strokes. The feeling is totally different from all the other previous Prestiges -- head heavier! But I found a lot of stability on my groundstrokes. Access to spin is pretty much the same than before. The racquet is awesome on blocked balls! Easy power! If you are not that much of a "prestige traditionalist" give it a try. I did, I liked it a lot. It's going to be my next Prestige!
From: Till, 1/14

Comments: I have tried just about every racquet in this weight range including ones used by the pros. Of all the iterations of Head (PT280/630, Intlligence, Flexpoint, Liquid Metal, Microgel, Youtek, Youtek IG) this one is different. With a Wilson leather grip and a Tourna overgrip and a rubber band as a dampener strung with ALU Power, it weighs 12.2oz with a 315mm ballance but the swing weight is high do to the graphene giving the throat enough stiffness to be able to distribute the weight in the head and handle where you want it. The feel is true with the right amount of stiffness 64 RA. I've always used Tecnifibre x-One Biphase in the Prestige's so that will be next, but I will compare Head IntelliTour because that is what Gilles Simon uses in this racquet. If you have a one handed backhand and you find the weight and swing weight a little to high, try on move you hand up a litte bit on the racquet, that will lower the swing weight.

Comments: This new model is slightly head heavier than the IG Prestige MP. Therefore, the swing weight is a little higher, more stable, more power, and it is muting. The paint job is really awesome plus the red cap grommets. Mine was strung with RPM Blast 17g at 54 lbs and the racquet hit very good with great power and precision. It has great plow through. If you have the IG Prestige MP, you can add some lead tape at 10 and 2 and then it will hit just like this new version of Graphene Prestige MP. Stiffness on both are the same.

Head Graphene Prestige Midplus Racquets - Where to go from here