Gamma Professional 16 String w/ FREE Overgrip Customer feedback

Comments: Great string but the tension loss is bigger than other strings. On my second string job, I went up 20% (yes 20%) in tension and it is a lot better. Again great strings but need to accommodate for big tension lost on first 6 hours of play.
From: Juanela, 11/13

Comments: This is a fantastic string. I see a lot of negative comments from people that claim it loses tension too fast and they mention polys. Polys are dead in a few days. No pro keeps them in for more than a day or two. This is a multifilament and it is maybe the best in that category. I like Babolat Xcel also. I use Gamma Pro on crosses and Luxilon Alu Power on the mains, strung at 55 lbs. I have not checked USRSA in a while but it always was ranked right below the natural gut strings. It is half the price as gut. Not as good, but a high quality string.
From: Patrick, 10/13

Comments: This string only lasted a week for me, and they were pricey. They were good in the beginning but the Gamma TNT2 has a lot of the same qualities and is less expensive. Go for the Gamma TNT2!

Comments: Used it in a hybrid with Babolat RPM Blast 18g in the mains and this string in the crosses. It felt great for my first two matches, but it completely lost tension quickly. It feels like a trampoline now. I'll never use it in a hybrid again. RPM Blast 18g is great though.

Comments: I put these in my Prestige Mid at 62 pounds. At first, I was crushing balls left and right. It is so sweet. Until the tension drops. Now that the tension has dropped, it's hard to keep the ball in the court. DON'T BUY THESE STRINGS. THE TENSION DROP IS REALLY BAD.
From: Bryce, OH, USA, 03/11

Comments: I used Gamma prof 16 for a while. It has excellent feel and performance for 3 hrs after stringing. After that the string moves a lot resulting in bad spin and inconsistent play. I tried to lubricate the string with oil to make the string recoil back, but not effective. I tried other string Big banger and Pro hurricane, which gave less feel but very consistent performance because the string hardly moves. This string is good only very soft and gentle hitter. I use Head extreme at 54lbs.
From: Kevin, Wappingers Falls, NY, USA, 09/10

Comments: WOW! I used this string after I used Volkl Cyclone in my Babolat Pure Storm GT. I loved the way the Cyclone played, but unfortunately it made my old shoulder pain return, so I had to switch to this one. I was expecting it to be the same old soft multi, but I was pleasantly surprised! It had a lot of power and spin, but it didn't make my shoulder hurt the way cyclone did. Also, when I had Cyclone, I had to adjust my swing a little to get complete control of the ball, not the case with this one. The string felt comfortable and natural to me from the first hit to the last. If you want a multi that has a lot of power and comfort, take this string out for a test. Durability has never been a concern for me, as I have been playing for about a year now and never broken a string.
From: Brandon, CA, USA. 07/10

Comments: I submit a rating for this string five month ago. I thought this could replace Babolat gut in terms of feel and power on my Wilson K-Factor 90. I was wrong. Comparing to real gut, this string is a bit too stiff and not as elastic.
From: Charles, San Jose, CA, USA, 10/08

Comments: I'm a 4.0-4.5 baseliner using a Babolat Pure Drive +. String it with a hybrid of Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power on the mains and the Gamma Pro 16 on the crosses. Strung at 55 on mains, 57 on crosses. Plays very very well, lot of control, very crisp sounding shots. Grabs the ball very well and feels incredibly smooth as well. The only problem I have with them is they break FAST. To relate, I break Big Banger ALU Power once every two weeks, playing roughly 5 times a week for about 2 hours each. I break these crosses in about 6-8 hours of play, or 3-4 hit sessions. Is quite costly, but incredible feeling.
From: Evan, South California, CA, USA. 9/08

Comments: Great string really feels gut like I used it on the cross and used Luxlion alu rough on the mains at both 62 pounds it makes a pretty good combination for control and feel. It feels solid when I hit with it.
From: Paul, Bolacan, Philippines, 04/08

Comments: I'm a 4.0+ player. This string plays nearly like Babolat Tonic gut. I strung hybrid setup with main Gamma Pro 16 57 lbs and cross Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 17 55lbs on my K-Factor 90. This combo has both power and control. Plus it's easier only my arm. I also put string saver. As an experiment I had same hybrid with different main and cross. I put Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 17 at 57lbs in the mains and crossed with Gamma Pro 16 at 55 lbs. The result is stiff board, dead feel. Although this setup may last longer, it definitely doesn't bring out the best in Gamma Pro.
From: Charles, San Jose, CA, USA. 4/08