Comments: These strings moved a lot, was constantly straightening them out between points. Played about 10 sets before they broke in the middle of a match. The strings did a decent job of imparting topspin.
From: Rob. 7/11

Comments: I think a lot of the issues people are having with this string is that it's misrepresented. Asterisk is NOT a "power string." I think the best way to describe it is a "game improvement" string, and it needs to be treated as such. Don't attempt to treat it the same as a modern poly...it's much softer and really demands a higher tension (I wouldn't even consider stringing this stuff any lower than 58 lbs, and low 60s seem to be ideal). It's also unique amongst strings in that it seems to really take a bit of a "break-in period" before it starts to hit well. After about 20 minutes of moderate hitting it settles in and really starts to feel crisp and clean. It's great for overhitters...it adds considerable spin without adding any power, helping those long forehands dip inside the baseline. You have to take a good cut at the ball for this string to really do it's thing, but when you do it's fantastic. In short, if you're looking for depth and power look elsewhere. If you take a big cut at the ball and are looking for some extra control and consistency, this is the string for you.
From: Joel. 7/11

Comments: I did not like these strings at all. It made it feel like I was hitting with a piece of plywood. Much too stiff with poor power and playability.
From: Kevin, San Ramon, CA, USA. 5/11

Comments: This string sucks. I have strung it for three people and all complained that the string is to stiff and told me to restring it with something else. I am sure Gamma will drop this string as soon as they realize what we think of it.
From: Michael Crimmins. 10/09

Comments: Not a good string. They gave me little pop on my Babolat Aero ProDrive and the string feels dead. They tend to move quite a bit as well. A lot of balls soar deep.
From: Heath, Salyersville KY. 04/09

Comments: I heard this string talked up and decided to give it a try. I strung it at 58 lbs. myself on a Wilson nTour and looked forward to my first session with it, which turned into a major disappointment. Someone else's review here said that the ball would not go over the net. That was my experience. I stuck with it for the first two games of a set against a much weaker opponent and watched my opponent hold, then break me as I netted balls again and again. I went to the bag, got the same model racket strung with Big Banger at 54, won the next six games decisively. I tried the Asterisk again today and got my butt kicked again until I pulled out the same model racquet strung with Polyfibre TCS and stopped the beatdown. This string made me feel like Samson with a new haircut ... weak. The string moves all over the place with big cuts. I break strings constantly, but I am not waiting for this stuff to break. It can't break soon enough. I am going to cut this stuff out first thing in the morning.
From: Eric, Bradenton, FL. 11/07

Comments: Highly anticipated Asterisk was a HUGE disappointment. Installed and tested with Dunlop M-Fil 300 strung at 60 lbs. The ability to impart spin was NIL. I have never had such difficulty getting the ball over the net - it was almost like a new sport where I should be given $$ for just getting the ball over the net. The string was developed by Toalson (Japan) with a goal to create a crisp, powerful string. (Manufacturer interview is available on Smash! 's December publication).

Comments: I got a free sample of this from TW (Thanks TW!) and I really, really liked this string. So you can compare to your game, I'm NTRP 4.0/4.5, play mostly singles, and hit big serves and forehands, 2HBH and rarely come to net unless forced. The string itself has a very soft feel, which is very welcome to me as I normally play polyester mains and multi-crosses for durabilityís sake. I tend to hit with lots of spin and had no problems generating it with this string, despite the dense string pattern on my racquet of choice (18/19) The strings didn't move around at all on my Head LM Flexpoint Heat strung at 60lbs. which really surprised me. Again, you can't be lazy with this string or you'll simply dump the ball in the net. Volleys felt wonderful which has always been a very weak point to my game but I had much more confidence to chip and charge with this in my stick. All that being said, $14.95 seems a little steep to me personally for this string. I string myself and others so my only costs are the string and *might* get this if I were getting other string at the same time to knock down the shipping costs. If the $$$$ isn't a drawback to you, it's one of the better strings I've hit with and I've hit with MANY.
From: Geoff, Richmond, VA, USA. 4/07

Comments: This string is pathetic. I am disappointed with Gamma for making such a weak string. Gamma normally makes very premium strings, but I think it was foolish to make a string that could only maintain its tension. As I do not like wasting strings, Iíll have to wait for these strings to break.
From: Cal Gao, Melbourne, Zhejiang, China. 4/07

Comments: The string may be weak string, not giving any power to the hitter, however as a player that tends to hit the ball deeper in the court this string is great. The lack of power helps the player to put more spin of the ball, which helps to keep the ball in. The only problem with this string is the costliest of them all and there are no close substitutes.
From: Thom, USA. 4/07

Comments: I used this string as part of Gammas free trial sample and can honestly say after trialling it that it is not worth the asking price, you can get better synthetic multi's from Gosen and the like for much better price performance ratio. On the upside it held tension well for the month that i had it on (before it broke after 12 hours) and gave about as good a performance from any 3-6 dollar multi out there.
From: Josefa, Springfield, MO, USA. 4/07