Gamma Tour 340X Team Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: Great racket. Definitely needs some getting used to; but once that is done, this is a great racket to own.
From: VRD, 4/12

Comments: This is definitely a racket for skilled players. It's not forgiving in that if you are constantly missing the sweet spot, your arm will get twisted up. You'll definitely want extra grip on this one. It's not stable unless you hit the sweet spot (which is pretty good for a 93). With that said, this racket is a dream once you get used to it. The light weight keeps your strength up even with extended play. Being head-heavy, there's a lot of pace to be had if you can adjust your stroke to such a different feel. This racket has no power- but the light weight makes it easy to generate. The best example of this is the serve. The serve is where this racket shines. This baby swings fast, and with the extra pace, the serve becomes scary. Especially flat serves. Try it out.
From: Jacob, 2/12
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge, 60lbs

Comments: I thought I would try this new Gamma frame based on some buzz I was hearing about its friendlier player frame specs. I wasn't disappointed! Once in my hand, it was easy to see the similarities to either the Head Prestige MP or Wilson Blade 98. Despite having an 18 X 20 string pattern, it was easy to generate spin and depth on shots from either side. When hit in the sweet spot... pure butter. It certainly was easy to generate pop on my serves and move the balls around the box. The lighter swing weight of this team frame is certainly appealing and despite lacking typical player specs in the 11-12 oz range, the plow through was quite spectacular. The only disappointment of the racket was the grip. It was very slippery and not as sturdy as I would expect from such a racket. It could easily be rectified with some modification using a traditional leather grip or tackier synthetic. Gamma 340X Team certainly deserves a demo if you are looking for a player's racket with a smaller head and 18 X 20 pattern.
From: Mike, CA, USA, 12/11

Comments: I was intially going to buy the Gamma Tour 340X from my tennis instructor, who has been recommending and using Gamma for many years now and gave me my first Gamma racket: the Tour 320X, but then he decided to let me use the Team version instead. Boy is there a difference. The team version is suited to a much faster play style. I could really feel the speed of the racket and the plow through is just as good, if not better than the Tour 340X. It's head heavy, but feels head light when volleying and hitting wide. Deep groundstrokes, and the feel of this racket was just ridiculous. I could play 4 straight hours and not feel tired swinging this bad boy. The pace and spin of this racket is superb. I would highly recommend using this racket, especially in sync with Gamma Hi-Performance strings. Though I no longer use this racket, I still find it a pleasure to hit with and a good frame overall.
From: Yang. 5/11