Gamma Tour 340X Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: Simply amazing. Perfect all-court racquet. Solid enough from the baseline yet comfortable enough at the net. Serving with this stick is just a dream.

Comments: This stick is a sleeper. Unassuming and not very aesthetically pleasing, but it comes to life on the court. I demoed the Gamma tour 340X, Yonex RDiS 100 Mid,Pacific X Feel Pro 90 Vacuum,and the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid. Of the bunch the Gamma had the best combination of feel, power, and control. The lineage of sticks I've used for considerable amounts of time are: PS 85, k6.1 tour 90, Dunlop 4D 200 tour, and I am currently contemplating switching to the Gamma. I felt this stick has the power potential I felt with the Dunlop 200 tour, but the control and volleys mirroring close to that of the PS 85. At first glance I felt the racket would not be as heavy as I like, but to my surprise there was enough weight to give ample plow through. I was searching for the racket which falls somewhere between the K6.1 tour 90 and the Dunlop 200 tour, and I feel this could be it. I will continue to demo this stick to see what other gems I can uncover with it
From: TA, 1/12

Comments: This is the Ferrari stick. You can do everything with this one. It's very stable and power is there. The feel is there. It makes me just want to play tennis nonstop! Given the dense string pattern it can generate a crazy amount of spin. And it had just the right needed flex for comfort and control! I love it!
From: Andy, 10/11

Comments: Switching from the Wilson K 88 which has served me well for 2 years to something more headlight, the obvious choice was the BLX Six.One but I decided to also give some other frames a shot. I really like this one. It is 4 grams lighter than the Six.One but feels a lot lighter. It has a great pop to it on the ground strokes but mainly I notice a nice difference in my serve. I agree with the TW reviewer though, it really needs a classic leather grip!
String type and tension: Luxilon M2 54/40

Comments: This stick is a real surprise and a big winner from Gamma! I never really looked at the Gamma racquet range because I always thought that they weren't that good - BIG MISTAKE! This 340x Tour really rocks! The Gamma 340x Tour is rock solid. It has a good amount of power and the control is outstanding. The feel is really unique und old-school-like because it is 100% graphite with no modern day wannabe-gimmicks. I put the 340x Tour up there with all the other top-player-racquets like the classic prestige or the Wilson pro staff. Go give it a try if you are looking for a control-orientated players-stick!
From: Pat, 02/11

Comments: I decided to try this racquet b/c the specs are very similar to the Wilson K Blade Tour (93) racquets I use and like a lot. The TW testers also give the K Blade Tour very high marks. Anyway... I have used this Gamma frame and found it to be very similar to my Wilson rackets with a couple minor exceptions. This Gamma frame has a slightly higher swing weight and it seems to have a little more power than the Wilson K Blade Tour. Perhaps it's the graphite frame material. Bottom line, excellent control, good power from the baseline and easy to maneuver. And this frame is much cheaper than the Wilson. I think Gamma has a winner with this frame. My Wilson frames are worn out and I plan on purchasing this racquet.
From: David, Belmont, CA, USA. 07/10
Wilson NXT 60 lbs, 16 gauge

Comments: An amazing racquet that really puts the fun back in tennis. Though definitely a player's frame, the 340X is not out of reach for the 4.0 or even 3.5 player. The sweetspot is easy to find and the control and comfort is outstanding. You have to bring something for power, but whatever you bring will be rewarded. In all honesty I don't think the 340X would be a baseliner's dream stick, but it is a weapon in the hands of an all court chip-and-charger!
From: Charlie, Atlanta, GA, USA, 06/10