Comments: A great frame, crisper than the previous versions. Grip shape is still a bit odd to me coming from Wilson. I added weight around the handle area(about 8grams, and put on a leather grip to make it 360grams total. One of the top 5 rackets I know, and I have tried a lot :)
From: Tommy, Norway. 1/09
String type and tension:Different, 44-50lbs

Comments: Nice racket to play with, the feel off of the ball is really friendly and you almost fall in love with it right away. The mid size is really maneuverable, and in spite of having an 18x20 patter the racket generates a lot of spin. My only problem with the racket is that it's too light, and the sweet spot is TINY (oxymoron). When you hit the ball right on the sweet spot the ball seems to melt into your strings and the stiffest poly feels like gut, but so far I've only felt the sensation once. Hopefully it wasn't a crack.
From: Dan, Fremont, CA, USA. 1/09
String type and tension: Forten Nylon/Wilson Super Spin
Headsize: Mid
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments: I've played with quite a few demo frames and after buying a few of these I'm really pleased to say they are brilliant. Great control. Enough power. Spin is quite easy, although if you want heavy spin i would look else where. Very solid, great weight, the string bed is just a solid feel.
From: GB, UK. 11/08
String type and tension:syn gut @61

Comments: Just a great racket, introduced to Head rackets about 2 yrs ago after always playing Wilson (mainly Pro Staffs) and must say this is an awesome racket, forgiving and with enough power for a strong player. Balance and weight excellent. I am now in mid 30's and am very very happy I found the Prestige. Might be a bit hefty for a younger junior though. Hope the new Microgels match up when these run out.
From: Ross, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 11/08
String type and tension: Big Banger Alu Power, 54lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.0+

Comments: This racquet stops you from falling into bad habits when playing for fun; the tiny sweet spot means you must concentrate on the ball and the heavy weight forces you to move those feet and get your timing right.

Comments: This tennis racquet is the best I ever played with all my life. Since I don't have that much money I could only get one, but for some reason the Head I Radical Pro Tour, after playing a couple of games it breaks. I am a person who respects the racquets since they are hard to come by, but the thing is why does it break? I have like 20 friends with the same tennis racquet and they all have the same cracks on it?
From: Ryan, Visalia, California, US. 8/08
String type and tension:gamma pro
Headsize:mid plus
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: This racquet feels awesome. Definitely recommend for 4.5+ or advanced juniors. You get a huge amount of control with this stick.
From: Andrew, Potomac, MD, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Pro, 62 lbs

Comments: My previous racquet was a Head i.prestige mid & played with it for 3 years. It came out & felt heavy for me so I tried to look for a lighter & a bit cheaper ones like Dunlop 200g muscle weave, 300g hotmelt & a customized babolat aeropro drive (black). Both racquets lasted a year, left unsatisfied. So, I decided to go back to the Prestige line. I always want to try the Wilson Ksix-one 95 but, with the convenience of TW reviews & racquet specifications, I found out that the swing weight was too much for me so I finally decided to buy this Head FXP Prestige MP. It is very satisfying & easy to swing, felt a huge difference from my previous i.prestige. The stability, heft, feel, power & control come together well-balanced. My only gripe is that it has a slight metallic feel, which is why the i.prestige felt way better.
From: Angelo, Machias, ME, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Dunlop Synthetic 17 (mains) & Gosen OG Sheep Micro super 17 (crosses)

Comments: I don't know what rating I am in US, but am guessing 5.0. I am 40 years old and haven't played in about 8 years. Got sick of tennis. Played with the old Pete Sampras ProStaff before and beat some top 100 players in my time. I used to have huge power on groundstrokes and serve in my 20s, and either I have REALLY gotten weaker, or this stick is just way too heavy and too stiff. You had better be a huge hitter or else go for something less rigid and lighter. Too many weaker players want this stick to be like Safin. Seriously, if you are not a top player with massive power, this is not for you. I switched to the Radical and it is so much easier to hit.
From: Nic, France. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, 55lbs
Headsize: MP
NTRP Rating: -5

Comments: I am now 40 and used to be a big hitter with the old Pro Staff. I bought this without trying it and strung to maximum of 62. Big mistake. I used to string the ProStaff at max as well. This racket is very stiff and you better be a heck of a hitter to play with it. I now string at 56 and it's much better. There are plenty of racquets that are a lot more forgiving, such as the Radical. Played with that the other day and was taking chunks out of the clay with forehand. Tough racquet to play with. Amazing volleys, though.
From: Nic, France. 7/08
String type and tension: 56
Headsize: MidPlus
NTRP Rating: -5, I believe 5.5 in USA

Comments: I love this racquet! I recently switched to this racquet after my friend let me hit with it. I played with the K-Factor six one team for at least 1 1/2 years. The K-Factor is great, but I wanted a heavier racquet with more control. I was looking at the K-Blade Tour, or possibly the K-Factor Six One 95. I demoed the K-Blade and found I REALLY liked it, but we just didn't have the money to buy two racquets. This racquet is basically the Head version of the Wilson K-Blade. It's really solid and that's what i like about it. The control is nice too, and it still has enough power so you can rip a forehand down the line. But after volleying with it, I found my volleys weren't as good as they are with the K-Factor; but my baseline game is definitely better. Now that im playing with this racquet, I'm playing better than ever. i definitely recommend this racquet to experienced players.
From: Blake, Lubbock, Texas, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Wilson K-gut 59lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: I have had this for a year. Yes it's everything people say here. It's accurate and if hit perfect has power. It is 100% aimed at 4.5 or above. Don't even mess with it if you don't have serious strength. I am 165 lbs and in very good shape and I can muscle it an entire match. I recently tried the Wilson 6.1 Team and man is that a racquet. It has every quality this racquet has in terms of accuracy but is way less demanding. It has better punch, better feel, as good of control and weights 10.3 oz. It's a no-brainer technology has passed this thing up.
From: David, Tampa, FL, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger
Headsize: Mid

Comments: I just ordered two more of these racquets. This is a great stick and has even more control and pop that the LiquidMetal version. My concern with the MG Mid is the flex. I love the stiffer feel with the Flexpoint Mid, which provides additional control on groundstrokes and volleys. I am an old style player and do not like the way technology is going with racquets and the additional flex. Yes, they seem to provide more power, but at a distinct loss of control. If you look at the top 10 players in the world, 8 of 10 are playing with low power rated racquets, and the other two with low-mid power ranges. They all know that this game is about technique, not technology, and the Flexpoint mid rewards good technique with both power and control. There is no other racquet like this, and my fear is the stiffer control racquets are going to be harder to find. I am stocking up now at the lower prices. This racquet is for those with good technique on groundstrokes and volleys, probably 4.5 and up players will be rewarded with outstanding control, and power when needed.
From: Glen, Jacksonville, FL. 5/08
String type and tension: Luxilon LTS 16 - 57 lbs

Comments: Very very solid racket. The feel is quite dead which is great because you can really hit through the ball. I have no problems keeping the ball in court. You can get the frames at a lower price now as the microgel one is out. I'm already buying a couple more!
From: Greg, 04/08

Comments: Feels like you're holding a truck in your hand; there are no heavy balls you can't conquer. Very solid at the baseline and at the net. The sound of the balls popping is amazing - very intimidating. Good racket for advanced players who like to feel like superman.
From: Samson, Philippines. 4/08
String type and tension: Gamma synthetic gut 16 58lbs
Headsize: 93mid

Comments: This has great touch and feel. It's good on every stroke including the serve. The racquet is very accurate and has plenty of spin to spare.
From: Anon, Irmo, SC, US. 3/08
String type and tension: HEAD FXP Control 55-60

Comments: This is my first Head racquet, and I must say I'm very impressed! I have been using the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick model, but as I have improved my game and my strength, I found that I was hitting long. I've now got great racquet speed and needed something to help with the next stage to my game. I demoed the Wilson nBlade for around a month and really liked it, but it was a little unstable with a few bigger shots. The Prestige is a real player's racquet. Very stable, great control and balance and some nice pop when needed. Nice classic looks. This has given me the confidence that I need to go for the big shots and be aggressive.
From: Gb, England. 2/08

Comments: This is a great racquet for hard hitters! There was lots of control in every shot, but the serves didn't feel so great. Volleys were fine and so were groundstrokes. I'd recommend this to hard-hitting juniors or 4.5+ adult players.
From: X, NYC, New York, USA. 2/08

Comments: Good racquet only problem with it is it absolutely is horrible on clay. If you get clay in the grommets forget this lol it�s a pain and the but to take clay out of grommets other than that the stick is a winner in everything.
From: Brian, Winchester, MA, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Luxilon alu touch hybrid at 57 lbs mains and 59 crosses
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: The stick has no power, so you can always hit hard. Control is like heaven so you can place your shot anywhere. Spin is wicked sweet because with such a tight string pattern, the ball will always have spin even on flat first serves. I put in a blend with some naturals and had to cut out the string because they didn't break because they didn't move. I string at 64 lbs to further max the control. The Prestige is in my hand, and I'm in control. Beat that.
From: Eric, USA. 1/08
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Competition, Babolat VS 16 64lbs

Comments: I am hoping that the price comes down soon (with the introduction of the MG Prestige) so that I can scoop some more of these frames. Nice crisper feel, kind of like the iPrestige, and very maneuverable. Good pop, but not too much. It plays nicely for me with a good multi at about 60 lbs. Service returns and volleys are sweet and my control is now better than ever. One of Head's best offerings.
From: Alex, Atlanta, GA, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 BiPhase 17; 60 lbs.

Comments: I played with Smith years ago without enhancements. I liked heavier racquets. The racquet plays nicely. The problem is that coming from the HEAD Tour XL, the racquet tension of 58 translates to a higher tension level. I now have a severe case of tennis elbow. The racquet balance is different thus the specifications of a smaller headed racquet increase the hardness of the stringing because of less area. I hit the ball very hard so it just increased the elbow problem and before I new it I had tennis elbow. Make sure the strings also are the correct strings.
From: N., NY. 12/07
String type and tension: 58lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet for a couple of hours today on an indoor Har-Tru court. This is a nice racquet and is much, much better than the LiquidMetal Prestige Midplus, which I thought was one of the worst racquets I ever played with. It is very good at volleying. Stability, control, and spin on groundtrokes were good. I didn't find the racquet to be overpowering on serves, but the placement was good. This was an easy transition from my Chinese Head Pro Tour 280.
From: Eric, Westchester County, NY. 11/07
String type and tension: Demo - Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16 Silver
Headsize: 98 - Midplus

Comments: This racquets amazing! Before I demoed it I thought I would get zero spin with, but boy was I wrong. With this racquet I could rip my forehands like no other. I could hit the ball as hard as I could and it would still go in. At first I couldn't feel the racquet flex when I got it but by the second time I used I could really feel it flex. The Total Sweetspot Construction makes the sweetspot bigger but not the entire racquet head. This racquet is really stable. It doesn't give you that much power. It's decent on serves but that could be my problem. It's good for volleys too.
From: Gavin, Marion, IA, USA, 11/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16, 58 lbs

Comments:I've used the MP on and off over the last year and a half. Really just one of the best all-around MP frames I have used. I use other frames for periods of time, but always keep these to come back to. Solid, dependable, great off the ground and on serve. I'm not sure if they will come out with a new version any time soon, but these are money - grab them while they are still around.
From: Michael, Tampa, FL, USA, 10/07

Comments: If you tried the Wilson 6.0 (85 sq. in head) and found it just a bit heavy, but you wanted the same feel, this is the racquet for you. It is head light, great direction and easy to play with. Difficult to realize it is 12.2 ozs. But it has awesome serving power and backhands and volleys are great. You will like it!
From: Graham, Canada. 10/07
String type and tension: Babolat 58lbs
Head size: 93

Comments: I recently switched to the midplus from the Wilson Pro Staff 90 nCode. I had more confidence hitting the ball on the rise, increased pace, especially on the serve, and a lot more control. One drawback was the weight. I felt like the stick got pushed a lot more than it should have, so I'll be adding lead tape to it. Other than that, it rocked my socks.
From: Eric, USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Blend 62

Comments: I've had the mid iPrestige for about 4 years and recently purchased the mid Flexpoint Prestige. It feels lighter even though TW says it's about 2 ounces heavier. So far, I think it's a great racquet. I demoed the Babolat PD and Aeropro Drive, the yellow Yonex midplus, the K-factor Wilson 95, and the Prince Black O3, and I still came back to the Prestige. However, I just noticed that the grip (4 5/8) squeaks. Apparently someone else who wrote here had the same problem. It's not a big deal. It's just really annoying to have your grip squeaking all the time. Overall, nice racquet.
From: Jan, CA, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Head FXP

Comments: An amazing stick. Played with iPrestige Mids for quite some time and loved them. Just purchased two of these Prestige Mids and love them--great improvement over the iPrestige Mid. A little more life in them, more crisp, and greater access to spin when needed. The weight seems to be just slightly lighter than the iPrestige mids, but still enough weight to be solid while highly maneuverable. The grip is also wonderful. I usually go through overwraps like chocolate and did not need any during the last week with temps around 100 degrees. Never did the grip slip or rotate within my hands--even when sweating heavily. All around--a great stick and improvement over the iPrestige.
From: Whit, USA, 08/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @57lbs.
Headsize: Mid (93sq in)

Comments: I recently upgraded from the liquidmetal prestige to the flexpoint mid. I was looking for a change, and was experiencing some trouble with my current racquets due to incompetent stringers. I really did not know what to expect, having played with this racquet very little. I was ecstatic to find how much this racquet has changed the level of my game. Combined with some Kirschbaum Pro-Line No. II, I have discovered what it means to "paint the lines." In fact, with this racquet, you MAKE the court! Things like my serve and backhand, which WERE giving me trouble, have improved drastically. The added power of this racquet has made my heavy-spin game go deeper and pierce my opponents more effectively. When I watch pros play, I am always amazed at how much the ball drops at the last moment. This racquet has given me the ability to do this consistently. At least DEMO this stick! It's the best I have ever played with.
From: Wesley, Suffern, NY, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line No. II, 60 lbs.
Headsize: 93 sq. inches

Comments: Great racquet, perfect for an aggressive style of play. Couldn't have asked for a better racquet. Shots have lots of control and ample power. The precision of the shots is amazing. Spin is easily accessible and this racquet has the weight and power to flatten out shots if needed. I hit with a 2-hand backhand and the control is just as good, however, I find it harder to generate spin on the backhand side. I am 18 and have been playing for just over a year, and made the switch from Prince. I own the O3 Tour MP, and I must say that the Head Flexpoint prestige is much better despite its unforgiving off-centered shots.
From: Jason, West Hills, CA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 16L at 60 lbs
Headsize: midplus, 98

Comments: This is a truly great racquet. With this racket I was able to produce so much more spin than with my ancient Wilson racket. The groundstrokes and the slices are also quite beautiful. Another good point about this Flexpoint is that every time I serve it goes IN. It is amazing. My serves before were like 50% in and now they are 95% in and I can decide where it goes. Bottom line: Great racket.
From: Alex, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 06/07

Comments: Squeaky Grips? Anyone else have problems with this? I've had to replace six 4 5/8 racquets due to the handle squeaking too much. You can actually press your fingers into the grip and feel it bend in (as it squeaks). Haven't had any problems with the 4 1/2 or 4 3/8 grips.
From: Scott, Chicago, IL, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Head Syn Gut PPS, 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet is awesome. It gets surprisingly good pop on the serve. It has very good touch at the net. It is very accessible to all kinds of spin. I recommend it to all experienced players.
From: Michael, Marietta, GA, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Gamma Powerplay 18 Gauge. 64 lbs
Headsize: 93 sq. in.

Comments: Best frame I've hit with in a long time. Combination of control, spin, power, and comfort is perfect for me. Just enough pop to make a difference but the string pattern, flex, and beam allow it to be a great control stick. I tried the DNX 10's, Kfactor 95, Prince O3 Tour MP, Babolat Roddick, and Dunlop Aerogels before settling on this racquet. Serves bombs and the backhand returns are solid�a great all-court frame. I highly recommend this racquet!
From: Craig, Naples, FL, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Head FXP Power 17g/ 59 lbs
Headsize: 98"

Comments: I keep coming back to the Head Prestige. My first Head Prestige racquet was called the Head Intelligence iPrestige, and then came the Head Liquidmetal Prestige. Loved them both but thought I should be trying some of the new racquet technology that is available and hyped to be so great. What I tried was several of the lighter weight, but less headlight, racquets on the market (Wilson nProSurge, Prince O3 White, Prince O3 Speedport Red). What I got was tennis elbow! As of today, I'm back to my old game of tennis with a new Head Flexpoint Prestige MidPlus. The old familiar feel was there but even better. Rock solid, controlled, and just the right amount of power. Returns were strong and deep. Serves were kicking with lots of pace and pinpoint placement. And spin, oh what spin! The racquet just feels so good when you contact the ball. Head, keep making the Prestige racquet! It's a well-established winner in my book.
From: Spike, Venice, FL, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire Professional 17 ga. @ 57 lbs.
Headsize: 98 sq. inches. MidPlus
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments:Yes, this it is a little bit hard to find how hit with but when you find how generate power, you will be the best on the court because this is the best stick. Great control. Very Happy
From: Pierre-Olivier, Drummondville, QC, Canada, 06/07
String type and tension: Big Banger TiMo 62 lbs
Headsize: Mid plus
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: The racquet has pros and cons. It is a very stable crisp feeling racquet. It gives you a little extra pop if you can handle it. On the other hand, it is a little unforgiving stick that makes you hit go out of bounds if you hit off center. I am surprised spin could well be generated with the tight string pattern. Not recommended for anyone with lower than 4.5 rating.
From: Philip, Hong Kong. 6/07
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane 16 @ 60 Lbs

Comments: This racquet is awesome! I use to play with LM version but since I have been using the flexpoint version, my skill in tennis has increased by two levels. This racquet produces more spin, has more power and also more control. The Precision of shots is excellent. The best racquet I have ever played with. Fantastic!
From: Roshan, Australia, 06/07
Headsize: 98, Midplus

Comments: This stick is a piece of stick...to say the least. I don�t really find that you can generate power from it. All the power has to come from you. The racquet is no help in that category. I would not recommend this racquet.
From: Matt, Lansing, MI, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Prince Topspin, 57lbs

Comments: This is an excellent control-oriented racquet. I started playing with harder hitters, so I wanted something that was easier on my arm and could keep my returns in play. I demoed tons of racquets, including the Extreme Pro (difficult to control and bad vibration), the Radical Tour (small sweetspot), the Pure Storm (closest to Prestige), the AeroPro Drive (gave me more arm problems) and the O3 Tour (no feel). Previously, I played with a Head Prestige Tour 300 for 10 years. I hated the feel of the i.Prestige and Liquidmetal Prestige versions, so I converted to the Flexpoint Radical. Having not been completely happy with my Radical and burned with the last incarnations of the Prestige, I was reluctant to demo this racquet. However, I'm thrilled that I gave in and now I'm playing my best tennis.
From: Brian, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Gamma WG Syn Gut @ 58 Lbs

Comments: Another great model from the Prestige franchise. This Flexpoint mid feels stiffer than the other Prestige mids, but not stiff per se. Excellent access to spin despite the tight string pattern. Control is effortless and there is power to spare if you have the strokes to access it. The whole Flexpoint gimmick is just so much marketing hype, I feel, but this model performs so well who cares? As good at the net as the baseline, it's a winning stick. There is no need for me to keep searching. I've found the right racquet.
From: JC, CA, USA, 05/07
String type and tension: Technifibre NRG 17 @55lbs

Comments: VERY crisp, VERY controlled feel. VERY like the Wilson nSix-One Tour 90... I approve! HOWEVER, this is a PLAYERS racquet (quite heavy), and you'll need a toned arm to still be hitting deep strokes 2 hours into your match :)
From: Freddy, WA, USA. 5/07

Comments: For me the best mid on the market. Control is sick, very easy to flat out shots for winners as well as to create spin (surprisingly easy given the dense string pattern). Easy to serve bombs and volleys quite well. The weight is perfect for me. I liked the mid better than the midplus, demoed both. Recommend to 4.5 and above players.
From: Robert, Miami, FL, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Wilson K Gut 26

Comments: I have had this racket since November. It is absolutely fantastic. It feels crisp and stable from all areas of the court. Previous to this racket I used the liquidmetal prestige MP. The flexpoint version blows it away. The liquid metal just felt tinny and the dense string pattern was MUCH more noticeable on the liquidmetal than the fxp. Over this is just a fantastic racket that is stable, spin friendly with lots of control and power. Highly recommended.
From: Nick, CA, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: M: Pacific poly force 18 @53, X: Pacific powerline @ 53

Comments: This stick is the best I've tried in a long time I already switched and the pop out of this racquet is unbelievable for a midsize and I'm a big fan of midsize racquets. You definitely have to try this stick if you play with a long backswing and a long swing, is recommended for a one handed backhand and the racquet flies alone. I string my racquet with the new reel Kirschbaum just provided me from since I have a sponsorship, it feels crisp on the baseline and solid at the net.
From: Muzman, FL, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line N1 @ 50 Lbs

Comments: Racket is really great; I prefer a smaller grip size with this. Really can serve bombs with this, I think its really picky with strings though. Try a bunch. Definitely give this a go.
From: Dan, South Jersey, NJ, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Tecnifiber Pro Red Code 60lbs

Comments: The midplus XL is a very excellent racquet. I'm a #1 high school player and a good strategy that people use against me is a high bounce off the lines in the backcourt and with a heavy Dunlop racquet it was hard to grind with that. When I switched the results were stunning. I cut my errors down by 3/4. When on offense the out wide serve adds a lot of control. So all in all an excellent racquet.
From: Kelvin, Clearwater, FL, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger

Comments: The Head Flexpoint Prestige MP is a very stable, powerful racquet. I felt ample power even with moderate swings on my groundstrokes, but topspin was not great which might be due to the high tension and tight string pattern. Volleys are real solid and my overhead feels like it has real weight behind it. My serves demonstrate excellent placement and control. Slice serves are very effective, but I am not getting the topspin I want on my serves as of yet (I might have to play with the tension a bit). However, the best part is return of serve, which exhibits great control and accuracy. As long as the weight of the racquet does not bother you, this racquet allows for good strokes to shine.
From: Babar, VA, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16g at 58lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: A good racquet but I must say the liquidmetal version is much better. The feel of the racquet is much better. The flexpoint version feels more when hitting the ball. Personally I don't like that.
From: Rosh, 02/07

Comments: I LOVE this racquet! It fits me just right and I get a lot of power on it. I can actually control the ball I hit and not just hit with 100% power. This racquet is a 100% POWER + CONTROL! A 10 out of 10!
From: Taishi, Chicago, IL, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Head FXP 17 and 55 lbs.
Headsize: 97 sq. in.

Comments: This is an update to say that I have switched from the mid to the midplus. Though initially the feel of the mid is very attractive, it is very demanding physically and mentally to keep hitting with during a match duration, unless your a top county level player and seeing the ball twice as big as it really is! However, while I wanted a little more ease of use and power, I did not want to lose the grove I had with the prestige and the midplus plays very similar overall. It is though significantly easier to play with, and has good power. The extra forgiveness over the mid is worth the slight compromise on ultimate feel. This probably is true for most players, even high standard club players. The MP is a great racquet.
From: James, UK, 02/07
String type and tension: Head Ti Fibre 56lbs
Headsize: 98- Midplus

Comments: Okay, I have never been a real fan of Head racquets until recently. I decided to give the Flexpoint Prestige MP a go. At first, I really didn't like it. To me, it felt like it had no feel and I struggled hitting solid groundstrokes. That soon changed. I have developed a strong confidence in the racquet and feel I can hit out without any fear. The Flexpoint Prestige Midplus has really helped my game and confidence. I like players� racquets and so far, this has been the best stick.
From: Todd, Atlanta, GA, USA. 2/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 61 lbs

Comments: It�s a great racquet. I love the feel and the control the racquet gives you. I also found that it generates more spin than any of my other racquets. It is an exceptional racquet, one of the best you can buy.
From: Tyrone, Australia. 2/07

Comments: I really like the Prestige Flexpoint. It gives me so much more control on the ball and I can return more heaters(very hard shots). The control is amazing and the feel of the racquet is similar to the classic.
From: Tyrone, 2/07

Comments: I changed from my tuned i.Prestige XL to the Flexpoint XL which they tuned exactly the same way and the difference is big! Much more power and same control! If you tune it the right way, this racquet is fun...
From: Henryk, Germany, 02/07

Comments: When I first picked up this racquet it felt ok, and when I hit with it, it never felt as crisp and solid as my Pro staffs, it felt hollow and I couldn�t generate as much power, its also very unforgiving, hit a little off center and your ball goes flying. Also feel a strong crack as if the racquet has cracked in half if you hit off center, at the top half of the racquet. I didn�t like this at all. The new technology is not good, go buy a prestige classic.
From: Kenan, UK

Comments: I could definitely detect a catapult-effect, probably caused by the Flexpoint technology. My backhand went fast, though I couldn't generate as much topspin as I would've liked. My forehand kept popping up, something that isn't a problem with other racquets I have tried. I didn't like this racquet at all.
From: Anonymous. 1/07

Comments: If you are coming from a light racquet it will be a big adjustment for you. This racquet strung is 12 oz. Now in tennis .1 of an oz is a huge difference. I got tendonitis in my shoulder the first week, and it lasted for a few months. Following this incident I had to go to physical therapy to get it resolved. However after I build the appropriate muscles needed for play it a very smooth racquet however does still feel a little heavy.
From: Joe, NY, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Head FXP @ 53lbs

Comments: It's a great racquet! Great combination of power and control. I had used to RDX 500 for about a year, it's a great racquet but lacks power...FXP prestige MP is easier to swing, I do lost some pop hitting groundstrokes (string setup is critical, I am using nylon string), but it gave me power! Feels great when hitting the sweetspot, great serve and volley as well. No matter how much criticism Flexpoint received, it's perfect for me, a must try racquet out there...thanks to Head!

Comments: Honestly, I am normally very skeptical about most new racquet "technology." However, since all my i.Prestige's cracked I've tried a couple different frames looking for something that has the same solid feeling, yet soft touch. After trying this racquet just once I cannot describe how awesome it is, it is like a rock, the string bed feels so crisp no matter what. I am an NCAA college player and a lot of players are actually switching to this frame from older versions (that are painted to look like modern models). Even ATP pro's like Stanislas Wawrinka and Jose Acasuso have actually made the change. This racquet will be long remembered even after it is updated, and I cannot recommend it more highly.
From: Thomas, Dallas, TX, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Head Ultratour 16L 51 lbs.
Headsize: midplus

Comments: This is the best racquet I have ever picked up. The weight is perfect, and the solid feel is awesome. There is no other racquet I have picked up that comes any were close to being as good as this racquet. I can see why so many pro on the ATP circuit are using this racquet. The power you are able to generate is unbelievable, but the spin and control that this racquet gives is also amazing. I have also added a bit of weight to the racquet but still feels just the same as when you first got it. Not to mention that this racquet looks absolutely fantastic. I recommend this to anyone that is keen on tennis.
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger original 53 lbs
Headsize: 98"
NTRP Rating: 5.0-6.0

Comments: This racquet is great for players seeking for a lot of control and little of power. Is a very solid racquet and has a very appropriate weight. In the volleys is great also in serves and groundstrokes, but I had a lot of trouble in slice. You need an excellent swing so you can do well with this racquet. When you hit in the sweetspot is the greatest feel but when you not hit the sweetspot isn't so bad. I love this racquet.
From: Diego, FL, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Pro hurricane tour 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: As the guy below says, this racquet needs some tape. I play D-1 in college, and use the XL. I found that with some tape at 9 and 3, and a LOT in the heel, this racquet is sweet. That said, my racquet can be mistaken for a solid brick. I love this stick, but you have to be strong, and have very solid, fluid strokes, especially for the XL.
String type and tension: Big Banger ALU @ 64 lbs, Live Wire Pro @ 66 lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.5-6.0

Comments: I have played with the prestige classic since 1996, so I am a very big fan. I am a baseliner and try to play with a lot of topspin off both sides. I tried the flexpoint and found that it is more powerful and produces more spin than the original. However, I do not like the twin tube feel that they borrowed from Agassis' racquets. I have never really liked his racquets. I think it deadens and takes away feel from the racquet. The first thing I noticed was that the weight and balance point is different from the original prestige. The original was more head heavy and moved through the ball path easier than the new flexpoint, so I used a local pros racquet balance and added lead tape from about the 2-3o'clock and 8-9 o'clock position on the racquet head. I also noticed that the racquet has a waddle or flexibility in the throat that the original prestige did not have. Now that I have added the lead tape to make it feel the way I want it to, I will stay with it. It feels a lot like the original but with more power and spin. I think for someone who is wanting to change from the original to a more a updated version, this would be good to read.
From: Christian, Kansas City, MO, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 17 @ 63lbs
Head size: 93

Comments:
From:Just bought this racquet and as a lefty I say it's a great racquet! Lots and lots of control and the sweetspot is quite large however missing the sweetspot means failure 70% of the time. Great for serves but not a power racquet! Don't be afraid to swing this sucker hard cause if you don't, the ball is not going anywhere! Recommended for intermediate players at the mid and midplus sizes. Ziad, Cairo, Egypt, 12/06
String type and tension: 16g Babolat Hurricane 59lbs.
Headsize:mid
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments:
From:Very nice racquet. The mid and midplus play somewhat different, the mid has far more control, and a better feel, overall. The midplus will be better for those with a slightly shorter swing style, the mid for placement and weight of shot on serve. I chose the mid for these reasons. Topspin is reasonably easy to generate, and as long as you prepare early, power is good too since you can allow the racquet to drive through the ball, the weight helping control direction and spin nicely. The sweetspot is not a problem, though it is a 93. For me, if you don�t hit the center or thereabouts, the shot is not an effective one anyway. Another point is that I found the midplus slightly harsher, and caused some arm discomfort, whilst the mid caused no such problems. Overall, a very fine racquet for all court play, for those confident in their shot making. James, UK, 11/06

Comments:
From:This is a great racquet! I recently switched from the Wilson npro surge and wow! My game improved a lot! It offers a lot of control and a good amount of power. This is one of HEAD's best racquets! Ben, Iowa City, USA, 11/06
String type and tension: Head FXP, 58 pounds

Comments: I've used the LM prestige midplus, the FP Radical Tour 100 and the Babolat Roddick reg length. I�ve looked for the "perfect racket" for my all court, precision shot mixed spin game. The FP Prestige Midplus swings lighter than the others has incredible directional control, requires a full driven swing but has good power (better than the LM version) and great spin on groundstrokes. The FP Radical Tour had been a better serving racket and easier to volley with but is harder to control and feels clunky at times. Probably easier spin but not as good control of spin and pace as the FP Prestige. I'm still working on getting more pop on the serve with the FP Prestige and hitting further into the court on volleys (less trampoline effect than FP Radical Tour on volleys). FP Prestige is more work but more control with excellent topspin and laser directional control. Babolat is easy to play with, the strings do the flexing not the racquet but harder to control, not as maneuverable and just has very little feel. Harder to keep the ball in the court even with a ton of spin-needs soft string. Not for me, I like to put the ball on my marks not push it there with the strings (Babolat Roddick). Maybe when I turn 65 the Roddick will help but at 52 the Head racquets are still within my abilities for control and stability. Love the Prestige, and am playing better than ever with it.
From: George, Boston, MA, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 @ 57lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Awesome stick. Even okay to be used by a beginner/intermediate player, as long as you have a moderate to long swing. If you constantly mis-hit the ball using your old racket, maybe don�t buy this just yet. But, this stick really helps me to be accurate. I can pretty much put the ball where I want and service has gotten easier too (especially, slice and top spin). I previously owned a Head intelligence I s12 (beginner racket) and was bugged by how much power it generated. If you feel the same, maybe this stick is right for you too!
From: Steven, Seattle, WA, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut @ 54 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: What can I say about this racquet....GODLIKE!!! This racquet is a godsend for me. If you have a long swing and love hitting flat precise shots this is the racquet for you. I used to play with a Babolat aeropro control until I tried this racquet. If you want your flat shots going down the line or crosscourt or even inside out this is the racquet of choice. But, I don�t recommend this racquet for people with heavy western forehands because of the string pattern. Never the less the slice is superb. If you're a net player this racquet has great pop and pocketing for spectacular placement. My volleying has improved ten fold with this because of its pocketing effect. If you always wanted that volley in the corner this is the racquet. Now lets get to the good stuff...SERVING!! This is the racquet where you feel the pop on the strings when you�re nailing a serve. The control is excellent. I highly recommend this racquet.
From: Daniel, Torrance, CA, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Gosen Poly
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: After playing w/the Presitge Classic for 8+ years, I felt I was well overdue for an upgrade. The Flexpoint Mid isn't that much different than the Classic. Overall, I highly recommend this racquet to anyone rated 4.5 and over. Serves and volleys seem to have more 'pop' and the sweet spot seems to be a little bigger. Forehands and backhands will require you to produce the power, but that's to be expected in most players� racquets. Control is also improved. All in all, it's a little pricey, but a great buy!
From: Bill, Orlando, FL, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments:Huge difference between 93 and 98 models! In fact, two different styles of play. I had the 93 model and it took me more than one month to get used to it. During all this time I had only one thing on my mind: to quit! Then, slowly but surely, I began to feel it, and now I just can�t imagine playing with other racquets. A few days ago I bought two 98�s. What a tragedy! I just can�t get along with them! I often hit everywhere else but where I want! For me, as a tennis coach, the most important thing is to hit a down-the-line backhand. If you are confident on this shot you don�t "shake" when you do it. Not a chance to do such "crazy" thing with the 98, but with the 93, YES
From: Marius Dragomir, Targu-Mures, Romania, 10/06

Comments: Great racquet. Great from the baseline, and net. Hard to serve with at first, but after I used it for a month or so my serve has increased about 5 mph. Decent returns, only setback is there isn't as much access to spin as you would want, but overall a great racquet if you have a fast swing and are looking for control.
From: Anon., USA. 10/06

Comments: Exceptional stick, I used to play with i.Prestige Mid, but decided to change to a more forgiving stick and tried FP Radical Mid Plus; wrong thinking, my shots were going everywhere as I'm a hard hitter with moderate top spin, after two months decided to try other brands and did not found anything similar to what I was used to with the i. Prestige so decided to try the FP Prestige Mid; a treasure, solid ground strokes, exceptional serves and fine volley, that make you feel accomplishments when playing. For my style of play, it is the best stick I have ever played with.
From: Ricardo, Mexico City, Mexico. 10/06
String type and tension: Gamma Synthetic @ 53 lbs

Comments:Very sweet racquet with laser like precision. Very direct and linear response that is shocking at times. Usually my placement is a foot or two away from the intended spot, but the dense string pattern gives this racquet deadly accuracy. Topspin and slice are not a problem either, and controlling spin is just as easy as driving flat. If I had to list a weakness: balls hit near the top of the head have almost no pop, so shots hit at full stretch often die on the strings. Overall, a great racquet with outstanding control.
From: Keith, USA, 10/06
String type and tension: 17g Polyester, 60lbs

Comments: Thought I needed a powerful racquet until I went to a clinic last week. The pro said I hit really hard and recommended this racquet and I'm hitting 100 times better. I was shortening my swings because I was using a racquet with too much power for my 5 plus swing rating. If you take big swings this is a perfect axe. I've been getting more serves in and the pace has not slowed down any since I'm using better form and swinging through the ball. Superb feel at the net and much improved ground stokes. I've found my last racquet! Highly recommend!!!!!!!
From: Anon.
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 17
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Hey, just tried this racket from my shop in England. Nice weight. However, you do need to hit the middle every time!! No room for error, demo before buying! Great to serve and volley with and in the right hands would be brilliant!
From: Mitch, Leicester, England. 9/06
String type and tension: Gamma live wire 16 @ 57 lbs

Comments: Just demoed the MP version yesterday. I've been playing with a variety of racquets lately, looking for something that would quicken my pulse. This was it. It felt great every time I smacked it. There were more than a few times when I felt the ball leave my racquet and thought, oh crap, that's not going to drop in time, only to see the ball dive nicely inside the baseline. For the first time in years, my opponent was over-reaching my kick serve, mis-judging the bite once it kicked. That felt good.
From: Kery, San Francisco, CA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: 17 gauge

Comments: Somehow, this racquet felt lighter than the liquidmetal one. It had excellent control and good pop. I would recommend it to fairly experienced players.
From: Jack, Columbus, GA, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: 58 lbs

Comments: Great Racquet! I have the midplus head size and it has been a godsend. I played tennis for New Mexico State University and have a full western forehand and 2 handed backhand. I can nail the ball pretty good. With this racquet, my serve is better than ever! I routinely crush the serve about 120 and this racquet has added more control that I would ever need. Overall, I haven't found anything that I don't like, I was worried about the Flexpoint at first because of the flop on the other racquets, but if you are a big hitter who likes to slug it out from the baseline and occasionally attack at net, this racquet is for you and a great addition to the Prestige line!
From: Ryan, Las Cruces, NM, USA 09/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Rough 58lbs, Wilson Sensation 17 56 lbs
Headsize: midplus