Comments: Average synthetic gut here. I tried this out as a cross string with Luxilon 4g (mains) strung at 56lbs on my Blade 98 16x19. Had a decent lively feel when freshly strung, but that feel soon disappeared after just a day or two. This string also feels a tad brittle after its original feel dies out. I, personally, wouldn't buy this string again but I can see this as a good choice for people who string out of their own home and possibly are on a low budget too.
From: Shane, 7/13

Comments: These strings are ok. Power: These strings offer a descent amount of power but there are more powerful strings in the same price range. Control: Average amount of control. Durability: I tried the 16 gauge and it broke after about 10 hours of play. Not the worst, not the best. Value: Pretty good value. Very cheap strings that will last long enough.

Comments: Pretty good feel.. Predictable play. I get about 10-15 hours of play out of it, which is what you want out of a synthetic anyway. I usually string a new set in my racquet for every tournament match.
From: Mark, CA, USA, 01/11

Comments: This is about the worst synthetic gut I've every played with. Zero bite, zero feel, just a waste of money. Good thing its cheap, and you get what you pay for.
From: Tom, USA. 6/10

Comments: Wilson Extreme Syn Gut 16g are great strings. I play with a Babolat Pure Storm LTD. I string it myself at 65-67lbs. I am a 4.0+, hard hitting, topspin junky. A set of strings last me just about 3 weeks. At that time I start to feel a loss in tension, but they soon break at that point. The feel is great. Don't judge these strings by the price. Buy it if you want a string that is cheap in price, great feel and control, easy to string, and has a good hitting life. Forget it if you want to break serve speed records, don't care about price for strings, and want to match your Babolat racquet with Babolat strings.
From: David, RSM, CA, USA 11/09

Comments: Good string for the first couple days of play. Lost tension quickly and strings became dead and powerless. They are pretty durable and haven't broken on my Babolat AeroPro Drive yet. For the money, I would recommend this string for a beginner, or one who has their own stringer and reel of it.
From: heath, kentucky, usa. 5/08

Comments: Very good string for the price. Very easy to string, but stretches A LOT! (Strung on Wilson Ncode Six- one 90) As far as playability goes it feels great, but strings get out of line a lot and it is a hassle to straighten them out between points. Another downside is that they collect a large amount of ball fuzz... Which is great if your going for the whole green Chewbacca look (I don't really care how it looks, as long as my opponent looks like an idiot)! Anyways, this is a great buy for people looking for a great balance between price and playability.
From: Tuan, Everett, WA, USA, 04/08

Comments: I go lots of power from this string. I've been using it on a couple of Trisys 260s (340 grams strung) that I restrung at 58 and 64. No problem with either the durability or loss of power so far. I play 5-6 times a week and the plow through is still there. The control is the best I have seen on an economical string, so I plan on stringing the others with the same stuff. I'm still trying to break a string just to see how far it can go! This one's got my vote.
From: Art, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 11/07

Comments: It's an awesome string. It is perfect for spin, power and control, but it has poor durabilty. Very great string.
From: Stefano, Pescara, Italy. 11/07

Comments:
From:Wilson Extreme 16 Synthetic Gut is an economical and consistent playing string. I play about 10 hours per week and it lasts around two to three weeks, which is great. The strings don't move around much either. It breaks just when I feel it should and I can restring. I don't like to play too long on a set of strings as they get mushy. I am 4.5+ and play with a Prince Tour 700 and string at 65#. This combination of string and heavier racquet got rid of my tennis elbow and shoulder tendonitis. I've been using the string for 2 years and haven't found a string I like better for two to three times the price. Phil, Tempe, AZ, 12/06

Comments: This string is great, it keeps its tension and has a very nice feel to it. I am 10 years old and just had this string put into my head prestige. I think this string is giving me more power because my prestige is more of a control racquet. I am a baseline player with medium topspin and am currently playing at the under 13's level.
From: Bob, Liverpool, England 04/06

Comments: Pretty good string. Though its not the best Iíve ever used its excellent considering how much it costs. Great feel and control. Though it only lasts several hours, overall its great economical string. Iím a 4.0 hard hitting, heavy topspin, baseline player.
From: Danny, NYC, New York, USA. 9/05

Comments: I've tried a few different strings, and this is the best so far. I play an all court game with a Prince Precision Response MP, strung at 62lbs.
From: JD, Bismarck, ND, USA. 8/05

Comments: This string is great. It performed very well for the first few hours and did well for considerable amount of time. This string tends to break very quickly. It lasted for about 4 days before it broke. I do like to string my racquet to around 63lbs and hit the ball really hard. If you can afford to re-string your racquet every week this is a great string.
From: Harry, Falls Church, VA, USA 08/05

Comments: This string is great. It doesn't seem to last that long but the playability is great. I am a 5.o player and hit with a bit of power and lots of spin. I won't play with any other string in my racquet.
From: Jason, WI, USA 07/05

Comments: I personally like the synthetic better than the NXT because I get more feel for the ball. With the NXT, itís cushioned. Another plus is that the synthetic gut is pretty cheap
From: Bob, San Francisco, CA, USA. 09/04

Comments: I used the Wilson Sensation 16 and switched to Wilson Extreme 16. The difference in feel, bite, and control is phenomenal. I am a hard hitter playing at the 4.0 level, and these strings are very durable.
From: Jeff, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. 8/04

Comments: This is a great deal if you string your own racquets. I used to play with NXT 16 at 65lbs (Prince Org. Graphite OS), and I switched to Extreme Synthetic 16 at 62lbs. The difference was miniscule in terms of performance. This string breaks after 3 matches, compared to deterioration after 5-6 matches with the NXT.
From: Anjan, Carlsbad, CA, USA. 3/04

Comments: I just bought another Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.2 and got this string free. On my other stick, I was using Wilson NXT Tour 17 string and wasn't really happy with it. It started to fray really fast and took a while to break. Well I absolutely love this string. I get a lot of ball bite and ball feel. My groundies are really solid and my volleys couldn't be better. My serve has also improved using this string. I would really recommend this string if you prefer ball bite and feel. I also hit with heavy topspin and this string is still really good. No loss of tension at all.
From: Adam, San Jose, CA, USA. 8/03

Comments: I first used these strings as a Tennis Warehouse throw-in, free with new racquet purchases. I like them very much, and you can't beat the price! Great ball bite and feel. Nice snap. Reasonably durable, with not a lot of movement. Strong value to performance ratio.
From: Sandy, NY, NY, USA. 7/03

Comments: These strings are the best. I switched to them from Gosen strings. I play Varsity Tennis for my high school for 1-3 hrs a day everyday. I have some SERIOUS topspin with some SERIOUS power. I use a Wilson Hyper Pro Staff 5.0 and the string feels great. I break my strings once every 2 weeks and these strings are the best because they are cheap and they last long.
From: Saurabh, Gahanna, OH, USA. 4/03

Comments: One of the best economy strings and better than many expensive ones.Good bite on the ball, easy on the arm, average durability.
From: Toby, UK. 4/03

Comments: This is a very good string. It doesn't last me that long but I get good and hard hits off of it. It will only last me about two weeks and I'm re-stringing, but overall it is a very good string.
From: Corey Gaines, Elberton, GA. USA 2/03

Comments: Wilson Extreme 16 Synthetic Gut has a good feel to it, but suffers in durability. I bought a reel and I am restringing every 10 days. I can only get about 6 hours of play before it breaks.
From: Jim, Peoria, IL. USA 5/02

Comments: Wilson Extreme Synthetic Gut 16g is a very good feel string but doesn't do that well with durability. I am a 4.5-5.0 NTRP level junior player and I use the string on my Head i.Prestige racquet. I hit with heavy topspin and power and it seems that the string can't go beyond 2 weeks of 1-3 hours of play.
From: AY, Princeton, NJ. USA 4/02

Comments: I like this string a lot, it has great feel and the ball really pops of the racquet. But is durability is limited. The best I can do is about 3-4 weeks in the racquet before breakage. My skill level ranges from 4 to 5.5 and I play a lot of tennis. I have a heavy top spin and slice which adds to the wear factor. A great playing string, I just wish it was a touch more durable.
From: Art, USA 10/01

Comments: I think the Wilson Extreme natural is the best string on the market. It is extremely durable and bytes the ball. I can get good speed and control with it and it lasts for about a week or two. Its great stuff.
From: Kyle, Lexington, KY. USA 4/01

Comments:I asked a local pro about string. He recommended Wilson Extreme 16 or 17g. Synthetic Gut String for my Wilson Hammer 6.2 Stretch. I have found it to be extremely durable, responsive, and economical string. When I first put the string in my frame, the ball seemed to explode off of my racquet. I am a 4.5 level player with pretty hard groundstrokes.
From: Joe, Richmond, Va. USA 6/00

Comments:Wilson Extreme Synthetic Gut 16g. seems to maintain low durability. I play several times a week, and am not an avid string breaker, but this string breaks often. It feels nice, but doesn't last long.
From: Steven, Champaign, IL. USA 4/00

Comments:Wilson Extreme 16 Synthetic Gut has great overall playability. Durability is questionable but worth it. I'm a 4.5+ player and have found great feel with this string.
From: Ben, B.C, Canada 08/99

Wilson Reels
Best Values (Price vs Performance)
Synthetic Gut String