Lobster Elite 1 Portable Ball Machine Customer feedback

Comments: Part 2 (from my comments below): Resolution of Lobster issues I had -- The old battery was kept on the Elite Premium Charger as recommended in the instructions for the Lobster. It went dead in about a year. Upon removal, I found it swollen and warped. Installed a new battery and it works again, but now I am afraid to leave it on charge with the Premium Charger per instructions. I charge it, watch it and take it off just like with the standard charger. So far it works.

Comments: Used my Lobster that I bought from Tennis Warehouse moderately a couple times per month for about 1 year. The machine now shuts down after about 5 balls. Opened it up after talking to their warranty department and it looks very cheaply made. I also purchased the Premium Charger for an extra $100. No abuse at all, and they tell me the battery has a 6 month warranty. Lobster's warranty department informed me that I probably need a battery, it costs $97 for battery and shipping. I can only hope this solves the problem, but as is, I have a $1,200 useless ball machine. If this doesn't work, I can send the machine back to California for over $60 more. I am not happy with the product and wish I had saved the money and bought something else. These machines are not built to work life long.

Comments: I am an advanced player (5.5) who bought an Elite Model 1 in late 2005. I have hit an average of 3,000 balls per week for 9 to 10 months per year for the last 5 years with very few problems. In fact, the only issue I have is a quirky horizontal switch on the control panel that can be easily fixed, and is more about convenience than performance. This machine is so rock solid and such a reliable performer that I would not even consider another brand machine, and I've demoed a dozen other brands. My Lobster is the perfect portable backboard and drill master. Kudos to Lobster.
From: Beau, Harpers Ferry, WV, USA, 01/11

Comments: You did not mention the dc voltage of the said ball machine.
From: Danny, State of Qatar. 8/08
(Danny, You can ask for standard US voltage or the 240V version and Lobster will set it up. The machine is 13VDC 1000 mA. -- TW)