Ektelon O3 RG 165 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: A friend of mine bought one (from amazon) after reading positive reviews. The frame cracked after just 2 hours of playing though, and he was being cautious since it was brand new. He doesn't have a particularly fast swing, and therefore wasn't getting the power out of this racquet. He did describe his shots as feeling more accurate.
From: Anonymous, Atlanta, GA, 07/15
Skill-level: B
String type and tension: factory

Comments: I am sad that I am currently on my 4th (and last) o3 RG, and it too has cracked, after RbW has replaced a few (1 from eBay as well). I loved the way I could play with this model, so I stuck with it, and have Gorilla-Glued the cracked frame, and continue to use it until I can find another racquet with the same specs, combination of power, speed and playability, but improved durability. I have demoed and even bought other racquets, even from other brands, and for me, nothing compares. Looking forward to the next generation of great and durable racquets. Sincere Thanks to RbW for your great customer service!
From: Rick, San Diego, CA, USA, 05/15
String type and tension: Factory

Comments: I've had this racquet for two years and play 5 times a week. I"ve yet to even put a crack in my frame like others have mentioned, but I'm not a heavy wall banger either.This racquet is great because it provides amazing power and a lot of control. Keep in mind though the power is recquired by you to have a nice full swing.This racquet is highly recommened for those who play upfront who have reflexes and can chase the ball around the court with its lightweight.
From: Michael, Edinburg, TX, USA, 03/15
String type and tension: Megablast/ 32

Comments: This racquet hits very well. Lots of power. Good control. Has a major design flaw. Lack of good grommets on side holes supplying sweet spot will allow the strings to drive into the frame of the racquet and break the frame at this point. It also results in a broken string at this point. I have seen 2 racquets from Ektelon break in the exact same spot in only 2-3 month span. If you are looking for a durable, well designed frame that will keep you on the court, look elsewhere and consider looking for grommets at all string/frame interfaces.
From: Rob, Hampton, VA, USA, 01/15
String type and tension: 34 lbs Head MegaBlast

Comments: I have had 3 of these racquets in the last 4 years.  I play 3 days a week, 2-3hrs every time.  This is by far my favorite racquet in the last 30 years of playing.  I could spend more money, but I wouldn't find a better racquet.  Very Happy with my Ektelon O3 RG.
From: Mark, Kokomo, IN, USA, 04/14
Skill-level: Senior

Comments: I love this racquet. I don't plan on changing it for a long time. Since I've been playing with it my game has improved a lot. If your looking for a light racquet that also delivers power this is the one for you.
From: Davie, Bethlehem, PA, USA, 02/12