Comments: The size of this racquet instantly improves volleys. The light weight and extended length improve speed and spin/kick on serves. With polyester strings, I'm learning to control groundstrokes. There is a slight rattle from the grommets that I hope resolves with more break-in. So, far I've hit about 4 hours with it. I feel like the Smart grip runs one size larger than stated, so consider ordering a size smaller than your standard. I prefer a standard (straight)grip, since it allows me to slide the bottom one inch of my hand off the racquet more easily. Overall this racquet is a blast to play with. I'm an athletic 3.0, playing several times a week for a couple years.
From: Rick, NC 09/09
String type and tension:Kirschenbaum Spiky Shark 1.25 #55
Headsize:118 - can you believe it!

Comments: I along with a few friends demoed this racket. What a different, unique and FUN feel. Whoever heard of a racket generate excitement on the court? Everyone who tried it either liked it or loved it. Nobody disliked it. It is so soft on the arm. So much of this "net technology" advertising is hype, but I firmly believe that this racket does have the technology to dampen shock. It also gave easy access to spin such that friends who were not consistent with their topspin improved instantly. For such a large racket it is fast and very accurate. It gives little deformation of the frame and so the ball seems to go where I want it to go. I enjoyed playing at the net and felt it could move right along with me. The minus is that this is the 118 which is way too much power for me but that is obvious since its 118. I plan on trying the 105 and 110 which are powered down versions. I simply know I'm going to be owning a Drive Z shortly! If you have a sore arm from playing or want to play twice as long as you currently do then give this a test drive. I wish someone had pointed this racket out to me sooner!
From: RonaldR, Chicago,IL, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: Advantage

Comments: It has a unique feel. I get really good accuracy with it. It is predictable and effortless to play with. The racquet is a little dead in the upper hoop, but elsewhere I get a good feel and response. And unlike other oversize racquets the power is more evenly distributed throughout the string bed. I don't notice hot spots. The smart grip is really comfortable for me. If you are looking for an effortless, predictable and accurate oversize racquet, you may want to try this one. I was surprised all around with it and purchased 2 of them.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g at 48lbs