Comments: I'm not sure why but this frame swung much slower and heavier than I expected considering the light weight and swing weight, even with all of the customization kit removed. Call me crazy but I felt the X-Red 94 swung faster and offered better control and power. I tried a few different weight set-ups using the customization kit but just couldn't find the groove with this frame. I liked the X-Red 94 much better. Based on the specs I thought this frame could potentially turn out to be an Babolat AeroPro Drive GT with a thinner beam and better feel but it didn't play or feel similar at all.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: It felt unstable, made an annoying ping noise, and a had a small sweetspot. The only things I liked about it were serves & slices. I usually use the K Six.One Team.
From: Anon., 5/11

Comments: I switched to this racquet from a Wilson KFactor and found this to be a remarkable racquet! In a day and age where racquets have become much commoditized with little differentiation other than brand name and cosmetics this racquet represents a breakthrough in technology that separates it from all others. The minute I hit one ball I felt there was something special about this stick. It reminds me of "old school" tennis with the super thin beam, yet I get all the power I need and more. Rallying from the baseline I can generate plenty of depth hitting heavy topspin both on the forehand and two-handed backhand sides. On serves I get more power and better accuracy than I had 20 years ago. When hitting volleys I am able to execute with pinpoint placement and touch drop shots are easy squeezy. If you are looking for a player's racquet that will give you power, control, feel and maneuverability. Just demo the Donnay X-Orange 99, you will be surprised at what you find. This is not your father's Old Donnay!
From: Alan, Wayne, NJ, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Hybrid @ 55lbs

Comments: This is a tremendous racket! It is a "lighter" player's frame. The thin beam, headlight balance and 11.2 oz strung weight allows tremendous maneuverability and racket head speed. Surprisingly, this racket generates very good power for such a thin beam. Excellent access to spin, and wonderful touch. For advanced players who want an easier racket to wield, it doesn't get any better than the X-Orange.
From: Tom, PA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Bi-phase 17 at 54 lbs.

Comments: Great stick! Groundstrokes are what stand out the most on this baby. You can really hit some HUGE winners off the baseline. Serves and volleys are great as well but groundstrokes are outstanding. I have to say that the Donnay white is my favorite and the Orange is a close second. The one downside to the orange is that by the fourth game of the first set my forearm was a bit sore and weary. I think that the stick would be better in the hands of a young college player. This is a great choice in the Donnay line and falls right smack in the middle of all the different weights they offer. It sort of does everything very well....but again, it really shines in the groundstrokes department.
From: Alex, New York, NY, USA, 11/10