Dunlop Synthetic S-Gut 16 String Reels Customer feedback

Comments: I play Varsity tennis for my High School and was trying to find a string I really liked. This string is probably the best synthetic gut I have ever tried. However, you really get what you pay for with this one. The durability lasted me about 20 hours of intense playtime. The topspin on the ball is excellent, but i did not feel like I was getting a ton of power on my shots. My slices were excellent, but not very controlled. Overall, if you are not playing competitively and are just looking for a string for leisure, go with this string. If you play intense tennis like me, I suggest switching to a polyester string like Dunlop Ice or Kirschbaum Pro Line.
From: Mohammad, 8/15

Comments: I'm not a hybrid guy, but lately, I've been having issues with a sore elbow. I've been very reluctant to go away from having to use a co-poly in my string bed so the only option it seemed was to go with some kind of a cross that would be arm friendly but would allow for spin. This is the perfect cross string! Paired with Black Widow 17g, for the first time in months I am not needing arm support, and have no need to string low. I play with a 16x18 frame and this string at 56 lbs and Black Widow at 59 lbs which gives me more than enough pop, spin, and power that I need with great control. My advice though would be to let the strings settle in for a day before playing or it will feel a little stiff. But after that, let it rip!

Comments: Came back to syn-gut after going crazy with polys over the summer! So far these strings haven't bothered my arm. They have a semi-soft feel, good control, a little above average spin, and don't move very much. I strung these at 53 lbs in a 1 piece set-up. Also these are the yellow ones and think I will try the black or white next time. Senior 4.0 player, strung in Babolat stick
From: Doug, 1/15

Comments: This is a very arm-friendly and soft string. It's an excellent, economic string for those learning how to string their own racquets, especially if you have a drop-weight stringer. It provides lots of pop and decent spin.

Comments: Fantastic stuff for a cross string in a hybrid, especially with Black Widow 17G in the mains (my setup is 50/52 lbs). It's easy to string, with good feel and great playability for the price. Best of all, the sound the ball makes coming off of the strings. This is a great buy and highly recommended from a 5.0 Babolat- sponsored teaching pro.
From: Quinn, 8/12

Comments: I love this stuff. It has a good soft feel, durability isn't terrific but better than some. It is my favorite synthetic so far.
From: Rod, 4/12