Dunlop Biomimetic M3.0 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: This Biomimetic M3.0 racquet has a very nice stable feel to it. I tried out a lot of different racquets and this one provides a little extra power to my game which is needed as I grow older. The balance of the racquet makes volleying easier. Power on serves has slightly increased with this racquet. If you are a 4.0 player and want consistency with some power, give the M3.0 a try.
From: Marc, 6/14

Comments: A better version than the Biomimetic 300, suitable for the modern forehand and one handed backhand. I have one M5.0, control and more powerful than the M5.0. At last a good racquet, fans of Dunlop racquet.
From: Caesar, 1/14

Comments: This stick is absolute dynamite. If you have decent, modern strokes you will be rewarded with exceptional racquet-head speed, effortless spin production and last but not least, really good control. It's not clunky like the Blade 16x19 or the Aero Pro Drive 2013 (very hollow-feeling) -- this one feels really smooth but there is one important thing to remember -- the faster you swing the better you're rewarded! I played this with Solinco Tour Bite 1.20 mm 17g at 50 lbs and it complemented the racquet perfectly. If stringing with a poly, I wouldn't recommend going above 52 lbs. Hybriding feels ok, but nothing like a low tensioned shaped-poly will! One more important thing to know with. This racquet's manufacturer variances are enormous. I have 6 of these bad boys and each of the weight and balance is different and range from 11 oz strung to 11.4 oz strung. I took my time and got each one to 11.6 oz and 5 pts headlight. This, is in my opinion, is the ideal balance/weighting for this racquet, closer to the M2.0, however for whatever reason the 3.0 plays much faster and smoother than the 2.0. I was a Division 1 player for 3 years in and play tournaments now at the 5.5/open level. My son, who is a top junior in RI, just switched to this racquet from the Babolat Aero Pro Drive and his game has never been better. I have a one-handed backhand (my best shot) and this racquet rewards a compact fast swing like nothing else. The slice is penetrating and knives through the court. The generic power level is low (a good thing) which will cause you to hit out freely and if you suppenate appropriately then your balls will bite and penetrate! This is not a racquet for anyone rated below NTRP 4.0 -- if your strokes are developed, your game will get better, but if not, you'll be spraying the ball/hitting way short. You will adjust quickly to this racquet and cracking the ball with authority in no time. Take this out for a spin -- keep in mind the strings/weighting and tension -- you'll never regret it, I promise.
From: Vik, 10/13

Comments: Two summers ago, I demoed the BLX Blade 98 that everybody was raving about. After fifteen minutes in, I knew that frame wasn't for me. Way too crisp, bordering on stiff and jarring and the spin was way below par. It sure was solid though. I remarked that if Wilson could open the pattern a touch and dial down the stiffness, it would be gold. Well two years later, I think I've just hit with that desired frame, only it has Dunlop graphics. From the beam width, headsize, stiffness, etc., this is almost a carbon copy of the BLX Blade with a more open pattern that is less harsh. Good from all areas of the court. However, to reduce the jarring feel with the same stiffness, dunlop has muted this thing so much that it has very little feel at all. And unfortunately, feel is a dealbreaker for this guy.

Comments: This is a good, but not great, frame. It does not have the power, spin combo of the new Babolat AeroPro Drive or the Yonex racquets which I think are slightly better in most categories. However, the M3.0 is a very solid and comfortable racquet. There is a good amount of control and it is not as underpowered as I thought it might be. The grip shape is one of the best that I have ever used, which adds to the stability on strong exchanges with your opponent. I think a thin multi string would bring out the best in this frame.
String type and tension: Mantis 305 Tour / X1 Bi-Phase at 58 lbs

Comments: I owned an old 300 version but this racquet is way better than the older version. It has a penetrating slice, very stable in the backhand, forehand, volleys, return and it is easy to generate head speed when serving. The weight is just enough and has very comfortable feel. Excellent job Dunlop by changing the specs and shape of this racquet!
From: Gabriel, 3/13

Comments: This racquet is an excellent racquet. What I appreciate most is the soft feel. I think it would be great for anyone with shoulder issues. I used to play with a 9 oz, Dunlop Biomimetic 4D 550 Light but wanted more power. This racquet is much more stable and powerful on all groundstrokes and volleys. I do agree that if you do not hit it in the sweet spot, the ball with dump in the net. But after playing with it for 5-6 weeks, that no longer is an issue.
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power @ 54 lbs

Comments: This is the best racquet I have ever played with having tried many, many different racquets over the years. I am a 4.0 all-court singles player and need something with enough substance to handle hard hitters, but manueverable enough to not weigh me down. This is the perfect combination of power, control and manueverability. It is so, so solid from the baseline, and my topspin off both wings feels much heavier. Backhand slice feels like shooting a rifle - pin point and exact. Most of all, I love how this performs on the short ball, as I can whip it over the net and down in the court resulting in a more aggressive and confidence approach to closing out the point. My only regret is that I did not purchase two at the same time to get the TW discount! I'm ordering my second one now.
From: Peter, 1/13
String type: Dunlop Black Widow mains / Dunlop Hexy Fiber crosses

Comments: I've played with Dunlop before, but nothing compares to this model, as it's way better in every way than any other previous model. It plays like a dream; it's solid, comfortable, the backhand slice is amazing, and it has good pop and control. Great job Dunlop!
From: Peter, 12/12
String type: Dunlop Silk

Comments: This racquet is solid, comfortable and extremely maneuverable. It's an upgrade over previous Dunlops of this line. I personally don't like the paint job, but it did play sweet, doing all things well and nothing badly. I give it a thumbs up.
From: Kevin, 11/12

Comments: This racquet plays excellent. It's the best 300 to date. I have played with every generation of the Dunlop 300 models; I upgrade each time the new model comes out. This by far is the best version. It does not get pushed around like the previous models. Groundstrokes feel crisp, volleys are effortless, serves are heavy and accurate, service returns are smooth and deep, slices are penetrating, and topspin is easy to generate. If you are in the market for a new frame, or looking to improve your game, this is the frame to consider. You won't be disappointed.
From: Wayne, 11/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17g @ 57 lbs

Comments: I'm really glad I purchased this racquet after watching the lukewarm video review. The written review including Mark's comments, and some YouTube video comments by Chris convinced me this racquet would suit an all-around game, and excel for a doubles player. The power was more than adequate and the control was excellent. It plays a lot softer than my current racquet (Wilson Juice 100) and feels more solid returning serve and volleying. Like Mark, I think this racquet plays a lot like an open pattern Head Radical (without the Head grip shape that killed that racquet for me), and a Yonex 98D, without the stiffness. Now it's time for a second purchase.

Dunlop Biomimetic M3.0 Racquet - Where to go from here