Donnay X-Dual Platinum 94 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: I have been demoing this racquet this week as I thought it might be a close replacement for the Wilson K Blade Tour no longer made by Wilson. I was very pleasantly surprised. This racquet does have a dampened feel. It is very precise and has enough power especially when you set up for the returns. Swing weight is on the lower side so it makes response time adequate. By the time you put an overwrap and a shock absorber on this frame you looking at a full 12.0 ounces but the head light frame and lower swing weight make this racket very manageable in my opinion.

Comments: If you have elbow or wrist tendinitis, the X-Dual line of racquets is the most comfortable out there. It has this dampened sort of feel which I personally like. Also the thin beam is very forgiving on mishits versus any widebody racquet. For a low-powered racquet with a somewhat stiff frame, I feel I found the perfect match of strings in a 17 gauge poly or co-poly at 49/46lbs. It gives me the bite I need to hit a heavy topspin ball or just swing through while it naturally generates good spin on flatter shots. It allows the ball to pocket nicely, thus allowing me to swing more aggressively. This set up has helped me hit controllable pace on my serve, groundstrokes (top and slice) and return. Plus the low tension even makes it that much more comfortable. I previously strung at 53/50lbs and this made my life miserable. The racquet hit like a board forcing me to overswing to hit spin. Balls were flying out. I may even try a lower tension.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g @ 49/46lbs

Comments: I demo'ed this racquet, and now I wish I hadn't bought the two Donnay X-Yellows that I have. I thought the 94 sq. inch loop would be too small for me to play with but i was wrong. This racquet hits great after some ball machine drills (~ 500 balls). It took me a bit to zero in on the ball with this racquet, as the mis-hits feel worse with this racquet than my two lightweight Donnays. Compared to a Dunlop 4D200 Tour, the X-Platinum doesn't have the power on serve but I found it to be extremely accurate. i assume it is due to the modest headlightness and the close string spacing for (18x20) on a 94 sq. inch racquet. I was pretty much able to point and shoot on serve and the balls went where I wanted. The racquet can't quite produce the rockets on groundstrokes that the 4D200 Tour can but its greater nimbleness seems better on defensive shots. Forehand and backhand slices can be chopped into the ball with ease with rather consistent placement. The modest HL-ness also helps on topspinning low balls up and across the net with a low trajectory, I.M.O. better than a Wilson Pro Staff 95, which seemed to me to head light and sent balls higher than I wanted. Accuracy was good on groundstrokes too from ball machine hits (near 60mph), again probably due to the string spacing. Once you zero in on the sweetspot with this racquet it provides a good mix of power and placement.
From: Scott, 7/12

Comments: Single backhand - compare with X-red 94+ , X-red 94+ is better as the head is lighter, Ground strokes - stable, deep and power, Serve - fast swing , power and stable, Volley - Solid, Backhand slice return - not very stable compare with 99 or 100 headsize racquet. Overall - good for experienced player, not for junior or new players.
From: Caesar, 5/12

Comments: This racquet has power and precision! Solid feel on every shot. Can really place groundstrokes, serves easily. Solid volleying racquet as well. Overheads are solid. Has a light swing weight feel to it as well. Only minor complaint is serve went long, once in a while, on that 2nd serve kicker. Overall, an solid, awesome racquet! I predict Donnay will get an increased following with these new racquets!
From: Carl, 2/12

Comments: If you have your technique right, this is one amazing stick. Lots of power, spin and slice returns are a just too easy to control.
From: Sharad, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 17

Comments: I like this racquet a lot since it is very powerful and I can hit the ball hard and create good spin. If you like to serve and volley, you will like this racquet too since it is easy for me to use this racquet to hit a big serve and get the point at the net.

Comments: I have heard that Donnay's players racquets have a sort of old-school feel, but having little experience with old racquets I was quite surprised by the feel of this stick. Spin was decent, with slice being the easiest to generate. Power was extremely low, and I could practically feel the ball compressing on the string bed (which came as another surprise; the demo was strung with Champion's Choice!). Extremely stable on every shot, no jarring on impact with even the biggest of serves. When striking the ball, it has an odd sound, more of a 'boom' than a 'ping' or 'thwack.' Not my cup of tea, but I could still tell that this is a wonderfully designed and constructed racquet.
From: Patrick, 8/11
String type and tension: Champion's Choice at mid tension

Comments: Just got done play testing this racquet. It plays like a traditional feel racquet. I would compare it to the Prostaff 6.0. I was able to generate topspin and slice at will very easily. Ground strokes were very solid. Volleys were very easy to control with good pop. I had to make no adjustments to my serve placement and power was very nice. If I had one complaint it's that this racquet needs a vibration dampener and then the ball still pings off the strings a bit.
From: J. 7/11

Comments: An excellent racquet. I've been using the Donnay Pro One for the past two years, but this one has a more solid feel due to the increased stiffness.
From: E. Romanias. 6/11