Dunlop Biomimetic M4.0 Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: The M4.0 is a nice alternative to those that have been playing with the Babolat Pure Drive. The frame has less power than the PD, which I like as a stringer, allowing me to utilize modern arm friendly polys. My M4.0 has a swingweight of 312 and a static weight of 318. Solid intermediates and advanced players will apprciate these numbers, giving them an ample ceiling for custom tuning with some stick-on lead. I found a nice poly hybrid combo: Black Widow 17g mains and Solinco Tour Bite Soft 17g crosses at a reference tension of 47 lbs, on a Constant Pull Electric tension head. If you use a lockout machine, adjust up accordingly for tension loss. On the court, the M4.0 had the right amount of power for full and free baseline strokes. The topspin was superb, the control encouraged confidence on a short ball putaway! At the net, the manuverability was great. I added 4 grams of lead at 3 and 9 o'clock, this gave me the extra mass needed for torsional stability on a heavier ball. The touch was above average, you feel the ball the right way! I suggest you playtest this frame with the proper string setup. You do not experience what the M4.0 offers with demo syn-gut. I rate this as a very playable and tuneable frame that will not disappoint!
From: Byron, 5/14