Comments: Great doubles racquet. Very nice pop, stable and good control on reflex shots. It doesn't serve as big as the Pure Drive but placement and spin is excellent. It also seems to be arm friendly considering my history of arm issues. My previous racquet was the ProKennex Ki5.

Comments: I am a 4.0 player. I have a double handed backhand and full western grip on my forehand. I experimented with loads of racquets including Babolat APD and Wilson Steam. However this racquet is the cheapest and best. It is solid on both the forehand and backhand side. Very stable, does not need any lead tape etc. I can hit down the line, flat and topspin shots. I feel this is the complete racquet, no frills, just a solid, stable racquet off both wings. Definatelty would strongly recommend this racquet.
From: HD, 6/13

Comments: I'm a 3.5-4.0 player looking to step up to a better racquet. Thanks to the awesome demo program at TW, I was able to try 8 racquets and settled on this one. I went through 2 Head racquets, 2 Prince racquets, 2 Babolats, a Wilson and this one. The thing that stood out with this racquet for me was that it just felt right, like a well crafted weapon. First off, you get spin for days. Shots that would often go long now drop in from virtually anywhere on the court. And my slices which were probably my best shot are now evil. Volleying also excels with this racquet. Literally overnight, my placement accuracy has gotten significantly better with this stick. The thing that really blows me away about this racquet is the fact I have already beaten two players that I have never beaten with it. I cannot tell you how tickled I am about that! If I would fault this racquet at all, for some reason, I have still not gotten used to serving with it, but I am confident that this will come with some more time as I have owned it for only 2 weeks. Cheers, Dunlop. You have a new satisfied customer!

Comments: Great racquet, but only after I added approximately 7 grams of lead on to the hoop. My racquet is now 330 grams, and has a very solid feel and more power without losing too much swing speed. Also, I'm using a lower tension (around 52 lbs) and it's working better on this racquet.
From: Sasha, 12/12

Comments: Once you adjust to the spin and power, it's a dream stick. It's better than the APDC and it's also arm friendly. It feels perfectly balanced and is so spin friendly. Serves are like missiles due to nice weight and balance. I've tried all sticks and this one is my fave. From TF 320 to EXO tours this one beats 'em all. It's a double hander's dream as well.
From: Dean, 11/12
String type and tension: Black Line @ 55 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet. I demo'ed this racquet and bought it immediately. Prior to this I used the Babolat Pure Drive and Wilson NPro Open. This racquet has incredible spin production, it has a little less power than the PD and is easier on the arm than the PD. Off the ground and around the net this racquet is easy to use. For serving it is almost necessary to add some lead tape to the head in order to get the full potential out of a serve.
From: Brandon, 10/12
String type: Isospeed Spin 17L

Comments: There is just no way to sugarcoat this one: the Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour is one of the best all- around performing racquets ever made, and I do mean EVER. You simply cannot find a single aspect of the game in which this racquet does not perform well above average, and in many instances, excels. To begin with, this is about as spin-friendly a racquet as you'll find out there. Those who like to jack the RPMs up on the groundstrokes will find this one a joy to play with. On the serve, this thing is a cannon, very similar to the Babolat Pure Drive, but where it blows away the PD is with the kick serves, as it has a more open string pattern. I typically prefer racquets closer to 12oz, but was surprised at the balance and consistent swing weight of this stick. At the net, the volleys were crisp, and I really enjoyed the maneuverability of the frame. If you are a power- hitter, you will probably need to put control-oriented strings, but the bottom line is, if you are an intermediate to advanced player, especially from 4.0 to 5.0 NRTP level, you'll be hard-pressed to finding anything better out there than this frame.
From: D.J., 10/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18g mains / Tecnifibre NRG2 18g crosses @ 57/60 lbs

Comments: Wow, this racquet totally rocks. I am a tennis coach and after I've tried almost every stick available out there I've finally found the perfect one. Just enough power, good control, amazing feel on the ball. A must demo! Good job Dunlop!
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force (25/24 kg)

Comments: If you are a 4+ player you will definitely need to customize this racket and add a lot of lead tape to the head to stabilize it. I went out to hit tonight and this racket was so unstable, it didn't matter what stroke it was on. So just a heads up, cheers!

Comments: Fantastic racquet that does everything well. Produces good spin, amazing power, good control, good on serves, and generates some very, very serious pace. I have a two-handed backhand and the racquet serves it very well. Can't imagine a better racquet save for it being a bit more damp. Would even recommend as a blind buy - it is THAT good. For reference, I stepped up from a tweener Head Liquidmetal 4 that I THOUGHT did everything well - this Dunlop beats it by a fair margin in every category, especially pace and control.

Comments: Great stick. Decided to switch from my old Dunlop g300 was very very suspicious about stick and finally decide to buy Dunlop bio 500 tour. String with Pacific polyforce from warehouse, @ 62 lb. It was first time after winter break I've played. I was very pessimistic about everyone keeping mention that backhand will improve so after first couple hours I can tell you its wrong, your backhand will be MONSTER its so much surprising how powerful my backhand became! Definitely recommended for anyone looking for easy switch from 300 series to something more lazy!
From: Daniel, 3/12
String type: Pacific Polyforce 16 gauge

Comments: With this racquet you can hit powerful shots from any positions of the court. When I first got this racquet, I noticed the fantastic paintjob and quality feeling when I hold the stick. On the court, you can hit all shots with no problem like my old Babolat AeroPro Drive GT which I don't like compared to this racquet. It's really easy to hit from the baseline, hit drop shots, serve and volleys. Suits all players. 10/10!
From: Oscar, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast cross/Luxilon ALU Power main

Comments: Ranks as one of the best racquets I have every tried. I tried all the Biomimetic Tours, and this is the one that stands out alongside the 200 Tour. Strong in every aspect, hence it is an all around racquet. Demo this, you won't be disappointed.
From: Brandon, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17

Comments: Best racquet I've ever tried. I have played with many racquets but this is one is awesome. I have good control, nice serves and good volleys. I ordered it without even trying it but I loved it on the first 5 minutes I played with it. I just ordered my 2nd one a few days ago! Recommended!
From: Leandro, 11/11
String type and tension:Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 Red, 58lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet. I love the feel it has and I love the balance. It is great at net and at the baseline. Maneuverability is top notch! This racquet should be on every demo list!
From: Magnus, 11/11

Comments: This is a nice racquet with low tension. Otherwise is is too stiff. Topspin and slice are the best. Slice is excellent, it clearly excels past my other racquets. If you find good timing and hit in the sweet spot, this racquet can deliver delicious bombs.
From: Alberto, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g at 44-42 lbs

Comments: This is a solid racquet. The best I've ever owned. No gimmicks, no ploys, just solid. You will see yourself hitting the ball deeper immediately. Volleys are crisp, serves are firm. The is the best racquet Dunlop has ever made. Demo this for sure.
From: Don, 9/11
String type and tension: Dunlop 17g poly

Comments: A little too light for my taste. The paint job is nicer, but I play a lot better with the 4D Aerogel generation.
From: Jessie. 6/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g@58#

Comments: I just recently bought this racquet after choosing it over about 10 other racquets. I can merely say: Wow. This racquet is incredible. It has a great deal of power tempered by exceptional control, so you won't be spraying balls because of the racquet itself. And the spin production is ridiculous.This baby will kick a topspin groundstroke way, way up, far too much for most people to handle comfortable. Backspin is similarly devastating. With mid-tension strings, it can create a lot of depth and pace, and it does so without the feeling that you even have to try. Finally, its feel and comfort are also incredible. That was the decider between this racquet and one like the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT or the Head YouTek IG Speed. The Bio 500 Tour just feels incredible. I never expected myself to leave my Prince Rebels behind, but I made the switch over to this racquet almost the moment I started hitting with it. Complete game changer.
From: Aidan. 6/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk @ 58 lbs.

Comments: I have played with many many many racquets in my tennis career, and I think this is the best racquet that I have ever played with. Best hitting experience, cool cosmetics. Nothing beats the Biomimetic 500 Tour. Very nice work, Dunlop.
From: Shep. 5/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 @ 58 lbs.

Comments: Perfect combination of power and control.
From: Calin. 5/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original

Comments: I love everything about this racquet. It has plenty of power and forgiveness like a tweener, but also has great control, feel and touch like a players racquet. The Swing Weight is on the lighter side (and may be too light for some), but the balance and maneuverability are amazing. I've been playing with the PDGT and the APDGT, but I'm switching for sure. The Bio 500 Tour has definitely improved my game and it's a joy to play with. Great job Dunlop and thanks TW for your great service. I will be ordering another one soon.
From: Bobby, FL, USA. 5/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk 17 @ 58lbs

Comments: As a Dunlop-sponsored teaching pro, I think is the best racquet in all of the Biomimetic series. It's combination of weight and flexibility have enabled me to recommend this racquet to a large amount of players at my club. My forehand, usually the weakest part of my game, feels much crisper due to the weight distribution of this racquet. It's a very versatile racquet, enabling my volleys to have that great 'stick' feeling.
From: Tim, Chicago, IL USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Luxilon at 50 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 5.0 - 5.5

Comments: I started with Aerogel 500, then 500 Tour, 4D 500 Tour and now Biometric 500 Tour, which by far the best of the series. Extremely stable and very easy to swing. Excellent control, power when needed. I thought it may be too light, but the balance is excellent and swings with ease. I can spot my serves, drop shots that die. I am able to quickly swing when reacting to unexpected shots, bounces etc, and return the shot with pace & placement, that I could not do with any other racquets. The hologram in the butt is cute.
From: Chris, New Jersey, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18 crosses at 55# and Volkl Power Fiber II 18 mains at 58#

Comments: After demoing the Head Microgel Radical Mid, Wilson BLX Six.One Tour, Babolat Aeropro Drive GT, and the 200, 300, 600, and 500 Biomimetics, the Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour has to be the best. I'm very impressed with every aspect of the racket.
From: Leo, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Ace 18

Comments: Awesome racquet. Forehand, backhand, volleys(especially), serves, everything was terrific. One of the best all around racquets on this site. I would say that this racquet beats the Aerogel 4D 500 Tour because of its performance and feel.
From: Jeff, San Francisco, CA, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Big Banger Rough(mains) @ 54 lbs, Prince synthetic gut Duraflex(crosses) @ 58 lbs.

Comments: I test drove and bought two of these at the Family Circle Cup over 2011 qualifying weekend. Wow, coming from Head Microgel Extreme, it was a seamless and natural flow to 500 Tour. It's easy to wield around for all court play and has slick cosmetics.
From: Donna, Charlotte, NC, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk 17 @ 58lbs

Comments: This is the third generation of the Dunlop 500 Tour for me. I began with the Aerogel, then the 4D and now the Biomimetic 500 Tour. I have loved them all! IMO it is the best all around racquet for players at all levels. A perfect combination of power and control. The biggest difference I have noticed so far between the Biomimetic version and the two previous is the racquets maneuverability. The Biomimetic version is definitely the most maneuverable of the three. There is no loss of stability with this latest version. This is a very stable racquet. For me this is the best of three generations for volleying mostly due to its improved maneuverability. Another GREAT racquet!!
From: Jim, Sumter, SC, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow, 58lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq.in.

Comments: This racket is so useful, it's like a maid that can cook, clean, iron and wash everything flawlessly. I was struggling with my backhand for a while, until I got the BIOmimetic 500 Tour, I regain my confidence and my shots are much more solid. The slices are so natural with this stick, feels like cutting the butter, I also love the volleys with this beauty, solid as a rock, deep, short, penetrating volleys, you name it! They come really easy with this racket. You get a nice pace, placement and it's easy to produce kick, slice and flat serves. The only shot I'm still struggling with is, strangely, my best and preferred shot: The forehand. I'm still finding the best way to use all the potential I had with previous rackets, especially on approach shots or offensive baselining.
All in all this is the perfect ALL-AROUND racket, while it doesn't excel in any particular area (well volleys for me), it executes every shot flawlessly, whether attacking or defending, it's easy to spin a bit that defensive shot or flat down the line that aggressive winner, or even an offensive slice and come to the net! My score (on a 0-10 score)
Forehand: 7.5
Backhand: 9.0
Serve: 8.5
Volley: 10.0 (This is the best experience I ever had on the net)
Slice: 8.5
Overall: 8.5
From: Martin, Lisbon, Portugal, 03/11
String type and tension: Tourna Big Hitter Blue
NTRP Rating: 4.0 (I think)

Dunlop Biomimetic Racquets