Comments: I've been playing Junior tournaments and ITF events so I really needed a change of racquet. So, I decided to demo the Dunlop Biomimetic 500 and it felt absolutely great! I got the ultimate spin and control! I hit a very heavy ball so I needed a racquet with great control. The strings that came in it were the Dunlop Silk strings and they were fantastic. I play with a hybrid now of Black Widow and natural gut. It gives me even more power. Dunlop has done a great job with these. I got 12 of these racquets plus a 10 pack bag. Love it!
From: Vignon, 6/12

Comments: I just switched to the Biomimetic 500 from a Head iRadical MP. This racquet felt fantastic for me right off the bat. Groundstrokes and serves are improved and volleys are crisper. The sweetspot is pretty generous and off center hits are not a deal breaker. I also have a lot of touch with this frame. The frame is slightly stiffer and lighter than the iRadical. Made the transition very easy. I can vary my swing speed and have a very predictable response off the frame every time. I tried switching to the Youtek Radicals (MP and PRO models), but the racquets just didn't swing right for me. I couldn't hit touch shots as well or consistently with the Youteks. The lightness of the frame makes adjustments (via lead tape) easy and reversible if needed. I've played about 5 hours with this frame and I don't have a bad thing to say about it.

Comments: This year was the first time I ventured beyond the low cost beginners' racquets section of the local sports store and got into the more specialized racquets and strings that Tennis Warehouse offers. I ended up buying three racquets, all Dunlop's: a 300 Tour, a 500, then a 200 Tour. I bought the 500 because I hurt my shoulder practicing serves with the 300 Tour, and thought a lighter racquet might help. I then realized that my technique was at fault, not the racquet, and to cut a long story short, discovered I like heavier racquets with poly strings. I modified the 500 by adding 1 ounce of lead weights in the handle and about 0.8 ounce spread at 3 and 9 o'clock top make it into a 12 ounce or so racquet. In this configuration it works great for me, it plays similarly to the 200 Tour but with a slightly bigger, more forgiving, head. Don't be afraid to customize this racquet.
From: Roger, 11/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow 16 / 60 lbs

Comments: There is ample top spin in this racquet and allows for flat strokes. It is very nice at the net but it takes a little time to get used to with the serve. Kick is easy to access but flat serves take some time to get used to. My favorite part of this stick is the amount of feel with volleys.
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk, 58 lbs

Comments: Let's put it this way. I started playing tennis just 8 months ago using an aerogel 100. Being a squash player and with a little coaching, things progressed well but stagnated quite soon too.
I received my gem, "what a beautiful racquet my Biomimetic 500 is", 3 weeks ago. Immediately my game started to progress forward again, so much so that I now play for the second team (mixed doubles) of my club, where just a short while ago people weren't to keen to play with me because of my weak'ish tennis.
Improvement areas: Volley: The racquet is very maneuverable, at the same time being quite solid when taking on the ball leading to a lot of confidence to attack the ball. 8/10
Groundstrokes: I used to battle with topspin, now it feels like I've been doing it for years. It's also quite easy to gauge the speed you need to swing the racquet to get the ideal length 9/10
Service Returns: Bullet proof, I feel as if I can attack any serve "Bam". Solid confidant feel 10/10.
It has improved my game from a hacker to a league player. Very easy to play with and confidence inspiring. A very worthwhile purchase 9/10.
From: Mike, Durban, South Africa, 03/11
String type and tension: Dunlop silk

Power