Comments: After having played with more then 15 racquets from Yonex, Volkl, to Wilson, in the past five years, (all on the control oriented side) this Dunlop Biomimetec 200 is the best racquet I have ever played with. Better than Fed's 95 alternative, better than Djokovic's Head; this Dunlop is perfect. The heavy weight is fantastic, the plow through and swing weight is spot on for the net and baseline. This is a classic.
From: Sjoerd, 9/13

Comments: Love it! After playing for a year with Aerogel 4D 200 Tour (16x18), I figured to try Biomimetic 200. I was torn between Lite and this version and I am really glad I got this one. It is 15 grams lighter than the Aerogel 4D Tour and 11 grams heavier than Lite. For me, it is the perfect weight. I am able to swing faster compared to Aerogel and hence re-act faster and get many more balls over the net. Control has improved greatly on my ground strokes -- maybe it is the 18x20 string pattern, but I feel it is more than just the string pattern only. One handed backhands now have some pop to them and I feel I can swing as fast as I can and still get those forehands in. Slice is top notch as well. Strung mine with Babolat RPM Blast at 58 lbs.
From: Gru, 8/13

Comments: This is an arm-friendly racquet that offers excellent precision and control. Works great for my one handed backhand. It is a great racquet for volleys. You need to have a full swing and able to handle the weight, although it is not the heaviest racquet in its class. Serves are fine as long as they are strung in the lower end of the recommended tension. Highly recommend it for some looking to develop consistency in their game.
From: Suresh, 7/13

Comments: I am mad at myself for not ordering this while I was still playing in high school. I ordered this because I picked up a one handed backhand recently. The stiffness is 62 on the racquet but it feels a little more flexible, which is fine with my wrist that I sprained a while back. I used to use a Wilson Tour and I am in love with this Dunlop racquet. First time using Dunlop and for $89 a racquet, I can't complain. Serves were placed really well; it had less power than what I was used to but that will all come in time once I'm used to a racquet that's an ounce and a half heavier than my previous racquet. Volleys were beauties with this stick, I felt very confident and was able to place every volley where I wanted it. Thank you Tennis Warehouse for such a great price and stick!

Comments: A few useful tips in order to get out the best of this frame: 1) Use a polyester string at between 45-49 lbs because the power and spin, as well as the feeling, will allow you to swing freely. If you string higher the power drops and the sweetspot shrinks significantly. 2) This is a flexible frame. Take off the factory cushion grip and put on a leather grip. You will get a crisper feeling and feel less vibrations. This allows you to feel the string bed better and not the frame vibrating. I do this on all thin beam racquets. Enjoy!
From: Pete, 5/13

Comments: This racquet is perfect. I played with the Wilson Pro Tour BLX and I think this stick is much better! Tons of feel.
From: Dejan, 3/13
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 1.23 at 50/52 lbs

Comments: More powerful than I expected in a 200 series racquet. Also more comfortable with a little less feel. The older 200s had a nice raw feel with lower flexibility. This one is nice too though, but quite different. I'll have to use firmer stringbeds in this one
From: Kevin, 3/13

Comments: Great Racquet! Heavy at first since I'm switching from a Babolat AeroPro Drive. If you are a serve and vollyer, this racquet is for you. I'm having trouble with mis-hits though.
From: Marco, 1/13

Comments: I really enjoyed this racquet. It's got great control, good power, and good touch. I love it on volleys, and love it on slice. Definitely a comfortable racquet and love the way it feels for my elbow (I have a history of elbow problems). It may seem "low powered" but honestly all it needs is a lower tension. Definitely recommend this racquet to a 4.0+ player looking for more control and feel.
From: Jake, 1/13
String type and tension: Solinco Revolution 17g mains / Solinco True Feel 16g crosses @ 50/52 lbs

Comments: This racquet is a perfect fit for me. Great control and arm-friendly. Has definitely improved my game.
From: Jono, 1/13

Comments: This is an arm-friendly racquet. The specs are similar with the popular Wilson 6.1 18x20 line, but a lot softer. This gives you less power and a smaller sweet spot. On the other hand you get more feel and easier depth control. It has nice control for "low net clearance" shots due the tight string pattern (ie. slices and flat winners). I recommend this for a "player's racquet" with a strong fit men age 16-60 with developed strokes and all court game. Phil, 4/12 commented it is lacking power and spin. The easy fix for those is the right string setup. Try VS Touch Black 1.30 mains at 57lbs and MSV coFocus 1.18 crosses at 53lbs (my setup). If it is still lacking power try VS Team in the mains.
From: Mathias, 12/12

Comments: I came from a Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 which was a good racquet, so I decided to go with the 200 Biomimetic. Totally different racquet. It has more power, but it is controlled. Has an unbelievable amount of feel probably the most of any other racquet on the market. Best racquet I've ever used, will definitely buy another!
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power, 65 lbs

Comments: I'm a big fan of the Aerogel 100, tried switching to the 4D 200 Tour but found it a little heavy and a bit too powerful. I recently purchased the Biomimetic 200 and am very happy with it so far. It has tons of feel and great maneuverability. It's not the best serving racquet I've ever played with, but not terrible. I love hitting forehands with it. I'm not sure why you don't see more players hitting with Dunlop. Overall, this is a great racquet for 4.0+ level players.
From: Jake, 8/12

Comments: First of all, I really love this racquet. It suites me just nice since I always rely on my serve. Last time my volleys were awful but when I tried this racquet, my volley are untouchable. A big hooray! And thank you for Dunlop sincerely from me.
From: Kelvin, 5/12

Comments: This frame has great control and feel, but is lacking in power and spin due to a microscopic sweet spot and tight string pattern. With a little led tape and some rpm blast I could see this being a solid serve and volley or aggressive all court frame, but that's not my style. I would recommend a look at the biomimetic 200 lite, a much more well rounded frame, before going with this guy.
From: Phil, 4/12

Comments: I was holding one of these sticks and the spec for stiffness on the physical racquet is 62... Why is Tennis-Warehouse reporting 57? I purposely wasn't buying this stick as an upgrade to my 4D because the specs didn't match up to what I like...
When specs are printed on a racquet, these are the desired specs that the manufacturer is trying to reach for all the racquets of that model. In reality there are variants on these specs. Therefore, weight, swing weight etc. does not always end up being the same as what is physically printed on the racquet. At TW, we take the specs of several individual strung racquets and post the average. We find this to be the most accurate way of letting our customers know the specs of the racquets we sell - TW Staff.

Comments: "Old School" college player (Slazenger Challenger 1, Victor Imperial gut 17ga. 72 lbs), used Yonex for the last 20yrs. This is a very solid feeling racquet. The combination of the NRG, throat flex and dense string-bed is easy on the elbow and reminds me of my college days. My confidence level has gone way-up in all aspects of my game. Depth from the baseline is consistent, volleys are solid, and 1st serves more accurate and powerful, 2nd serves more kick. It rewards the player that has solid strokes and is not afraid to hit-out on the ball. This racquet deserves to be demoed. Might not be for you but, at least you'll have not ruled it out by not knowing.

Comments: I just got this racquet and the control and serves are amazing but I feel that it's a little low powered...but after playing with it for a while I found the power was there. Playing the net with this stick is unbelievable it's fantastic.

Comments: Talk about spin. This racquet felt great on my forehand and backhand and I got a lot of arc on the ball. Didn't think much of it at the net though, or on the serve, though this is probably due to the fact that I had never played with such a heavy racquet, and I'm sure you could get used to it over time. A very good stick.
From: Jake, 12/11
String type and tension: Head Rip Control, 57lbs

Comments: This demo was waiting for me at my doorstep today and I immediately went to go hit with it. I've normally hit with a Roddick Pure Drive GT+ and have been since my freshman year of high school. At first touch, this stick has good balance between the head and the handle. This was something that turned me off with other racquets like the Six.One 95 Tour. It didn't take long for this racquet to please me, I felt the control over the ball off of the first couple hits. Feeling the depth all the way through my shots was definitely a plus. My volleys felt crisp and serves were top-notch. I found no problem flattening serves out or giving them extra kick. I loved the shape of the grip, it was easy to squeeze down on when I plowed through groundstrokes at the baseline. It was super easy on my shoulders, which I have had on and off problems with the past couple of months. I can't pick out a flaw that I truly had a problem with. This one is definitely worth a demo/purchase!
From: Travis, 10/11

Comments: When I first saw this here on Tennis Warehouse I said I must have this because I just like the color of the racquet. I finally got it and played with it and it felt good. From the baseline, I have never felt so solid! Volleys I have never felt so in control! I found it a lot better with serves than the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Plus. I have been getting them close to the T and adding spin was no problem to it! I would recommend this racquet to any Dunlop users.
From: Bert, 8/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addictions 16g at 62 lbs

Comments: After playing for around 10 years with all the prestige models available in the market I had to switch to something easier on the elbow (I'm 38 years old, and my shape and arms are not that strong anymore). I knew I needed to keep with the dense pattern of any head racquets so I went for the Radical Microgel MP, which came to be a weakened player's stick; lack of depth and stability. I then tried the Prince Rebel. It felt good, but you need a ton of technique and force in order to get deep shots. This racquet has too much weight in the grip and lack of it in the head. A friend showed what might be the best racquet for me, Dunlop biomimetic 200. It's amazingly maneuverable, great feeling, easy to get spin on all the shots, and is stable in volleys and serves. For me it's almost better than the Head Prestige microgel MP but way flexible and easy on arm.
From: Gabriel, Chile
String type and tension: 54

Comments: Wow, just got this racquet. I am coming from the Prince Ozone Tour MP and played with the O3 Tour MP before that because of degenerative shoulder issues. I like to hit some topspin, slice, and then flatten out winners to the corner. I was a little worried about going to a 95, but it's not noticeable. I haven't played with a dense patterned racquet since the Head Ti Classic. I forgot what I was missing. I got extremely good depth on my shots the initial time out without even trying. My flat serves were bombing, volleys were excellent, and I could direct the ball with ease. No shoulder or arm issues either during my practice session or now, the day after! I've moved on from my old high school stick, the Dunlop Maxply Fort to this Dunlop and can't wait to play again today!
From: Val, Fairfax, VA, USA. 5/11
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: Hi TW, are the 200 & 200 lite reviews still going ahead? Know you guys are always busy but would be great to see them. Meantime thanks for all you work, the site is really helpful.
From: D, 4/11
(D, we are in the final stages of editing both reviews. Look for them within the week. -TW Staff)

Comments: Dunlop 200 series racket has evolved from Max 200g to Aerogel 4d 200 and now the 200 Biomimetic. It is known that the stiffness of this series has increased and therefore comfort and softness may have decreased. It is wonderful to see the 200 Biomimetic stiffness has drop to 57, which is similar to the Muscle Weave 200g.
From: Jason, Malaysia, 03/11

Comments: I tested the racket at Indian Wells and purchased one. I added .5 oz. weight to handle and put my string in and it's a winner. Very good with groundstrokes but even better at the net. It is an all round solid tennis racket especially against heavy hitters. Just a comment about the balance; my experience has been every racket is different. When you get a couple of the same rackets you usually have to add tape weight to one of them to get them the same swing weight and balance.
From: David, Sisters, OR, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Main: Kirschbaum Hybrix Crosses Klipper 17g @ 55lbs.

Comments: Hi, I have a question? This racquet compared to the Prestige MP. Which is better and in what aspects? I'm looking for a frame like the both but I want the more maneuverable.
From: Sebastian, Bogota, Colombia. 3/11
(Sebastian, between the two racquets, our TW testers find that the Prestige is more maneuverable. However, we suggest you contact our international sales team who can help you with any other questions you have and offer more in-depth help. Email: twint@tennis-warehouse.com -- TW Staff)

Comments: Just wondering if anyone knows whether the grommets on the Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 18x20 can also be used on this stick. I scuffed up my biomimetic pretty badly after 3 hours of playing and I'm wondering if it's safe to order those grommets for this racquet?
From: Richard, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger @57lbs
(Richard, yes, that grommet set should work for this racquet.--TW Staff)

Comments: I previously was using the Prince EXO3 rebel Team and also played with the EXO3 Rebel; both are good racquets don't get me wrong but after breaking frame after frame I had to switch. Back when the aerogel first came out I was a big fan of the 200 series and its crisp feel. When I saw the biomimetics were coming out with the 200 I signed up on the waiting list before even demoing the racquet I had that much confidence in it. From the look of this racquet the cosmetics are awesome it's by far one of the best paint jobs in tennis!
Performance-wise I could not be happier, it's everything I could want in a racquet for the most part! The aeroskin really works the racquet goes through the air so much faster! From the baseline this racquet has given me so much control, more than I've ever had! I can hit my angles with ease! I love using my one handed backhand with this racquet it makes it even better my backhand in general whether 2 handed or one handed are fantastic! IDK it might be my strings but I'm getting so much topspin form my backhand and it has made my backhand a true weapon on the court from any area. My forehand is just as good as before if not better I can really crack a forehand and just plow through the ball without even using my full power! When I use my full power it's blazing fast! Approach and volleys continue to shine with this racquet there is so much spin, touch, and feel I'm getting from it! I have never had better volleys! Serves are still questionable; it's still too early to tell but it seems like once I get back into the swing of things this racquet will be a pretty decent serving racquet as well! Also noting for being a player with severe tendonitis in my wrist this racquet is very easy going on it.
I can not complain this should most definitely make top ten racquets of 2011 it players a great stick Dunlop has done a great job! If you are looking for a control-oriented racquet that will keep your ball in the court and you are a higher skilled player this is the racquet for you! It's great for all court players!
From: Nick, Mokena, IL, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Prince 3D spin/Prince recoil hybrid strung at 62lbs

Comments: I purchased this biometric 200 recently, switching from my 6 year old m-fill 200. This new one is slightly lighter, about the same balance. I've tried many racquets, but this one is markedly greater than any other I have tried.
These honey comb sheets of carbon they use I think is what makes such a difference. This racquet has the best feel/touch. It felt very flexible and I was concerned it would not have enough power, or would be unstable when hitting in the upper hoop of the racquets head. I was wrong, the racquet is very crisp, when hitting in the upper hoop as well. You really feel like you have incredible control with this racquet, and power is good if you use a powerful string, as I have used Babolat gut at 63 lbs.
I tried the 200 plus used by Davydenko, and the biometric 500 used by Nick Alamagro, they all have incredible feel, 200 plus was slightly more powerful, and the 500 was very powerful, yet with good feel and control.
I highly recommend these new biometric racquets, my 200 has the best control.
From: Ged, Baltimore, MD, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat tonic (gut), ball feel, 63 lbs.

Comments: I recently got the chance to demo this racquet and noticed they specs listed on the actual racquet are slightly different then the ones listed on the website. Specifically the stiffness and balance. TW lists the stiffness: 57 and balance: 6 pt HL (approx 325mm), whereas the racquet is lists its own specs as stiffness: 62 and balance: 7 pt HL (approx 320mm). Are these typos on the racquet or the TW website?
From: Joey, Salinas, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Twist 16g @62 lbs
(Joey- neither, we measure the specs of multiple strung frames we have in stock from the manufacturer and average those findings to create the specs listed on our site.--TW Staff)

Comments: I just received my demo of the 200 and used it all day without missing a thing about my previous racquet, the K-Blade 93. I was very impressed with the comfort of this frame; it still felt every bit as "crisp" as the K-Blade Tour, which I have used since its inception! The racquet shape, weight, balance, and beam width along with the shape of the grip itself made this racquet feel like I had been using it for years. DO NOT be swayed by the stiffness rating! This racquet is CRISP, with great plow-through due to its 12-ounce frame. The only modification I made was to replace the stock grip with a leather grip, which I have always done, and used a Wilson pro perf overgrip. The leather grip makes this a true "players" frame and an even more perfect balance for me. VERY IMPRESSIVE, Dunlop. I was not planning on switching, as I was demoing this frame for a competitive junior player, NOW Dunlop has a couple of new customers after ONE demo!!!
From: Hammer, Wichita, KS, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Multi-filament at 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5, teaching pro...training with Nat. ranked Jrs.

Comments: I know the TW team is pretty busy with a lot of reviews, but I was wondering if you guys are going to review the Dunnies? especially this 200 series.
From: Austin, San Diego, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17g @58 lbs
(Austin, we just shot our review for the 200 and the 200 lite, look for them in about a month. In the meantime you can check out our review on the 200 Plus.--TW Staff)

Dunlop Biomimetic Racquets