Comments: This is a great racquet for control, but you really have to create your own pace and make a serious effort to hit through the ball. I'm able to place my serves and groundstrokes pretty much where I want. The backhand slice is very effective with the closed string pattern. If your strokes are longer and well developed, this is a great racquet. If not, you may want to look elsewhere. With the closed pattern, I would recommend stringing at the lower end of the recommended tension to help compensate for the low power. I have several Dunlops (100 Tour, 200 Tour, and this one). I generally favor the open string pattern and play more with the 200's when my shoulder will allow me to use the heavier racquet.
From: Greg, 10/12
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow @ 55lbs

Comments: The Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 is a wonderful racquet. However this racquet is certainly not aimed at beginners or those with an undeveloped swing style. Weighing in at a decent 305g (strung), and with a 1 point headlight balance the AG300 4d certainly is a pleasure to handle. It has excellent feel on contact with absolutely minimal buzz or vibration. It instills supreme confidence on volleys and drop shots and generates an ample level of spin (with Head RIP Control strings). When used correctly it has pin point accuracy on direction and depth of strokes. The AG 300 4D is very comfortable to use once you get used to it (I had to add an overgrip). Again, in my personal opinion, I really liked the paint job and general aesthetics. As for the cons, it's not powerful. Having used a 98 sq inch racquet before, this is certainly less powerful and unforgiving on badly hit strokes. You have a small margin for error. It also has an uncomfortable factory grip. I would buy one size smaller than your regular grip size, and use an overgrip. I use the Wilson Pro or Dunlop Hydramax. This makes it slightly more headlight, and a lot lot more comfortable to use. I gave this racquet 5 stars based on accuracy and comfort which is rarely found in this price range. Having gotten a good deal, I am more than satisfied with this racquet.
From: Raj, 10/12
String type and tension: Head RIP Control @ 60lbs

Comments: This racquet provided a predictable response with good control and decent power. I agree with other reviewers that the sweetspot is too low and there is a really dead spot at the upper part of the hoop. The combination of the relativey light weight and thin beam did not work for me, resulting in too much instability and lots of vibrations. I tried adding some weight at 3 and 9, which helped a little but also made the racquet less maneuverable, as it is not that head light to begin with. I wanted to like this one but I really feel that Dunlop makes their sticks too light. I am not interested in doing lots of tinkering with lead tape. I am still looking for the perfect thin beam 18x20 MP stick. I may try the EXO3 Tour 18x20, as I hear it is quite forgiving with good dampening.
From: Adam, 8/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Multifeel 16g @ 58 lbs

Comments: This stick was awesome but later I found the racquet didn't have much plow through. I've used this racquet for around 6 months but I have decided to switch to the Dunlop Biomemetic 200.
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code, 60 lbs

Comments: I took this out for a demo, and I have to say I am disappointed. Hitting towards the upper part of this racquet is near impossible. Also, plow through with this racquet was not great. This racquet shines on the volley and serve, but my all-court game needs more than that.
From: Jesse, 8/11

Comments: This is by far one of the better racquets I have come across in a long time. I used to play with the Head Prestige mid, and while I loved the control on that racquet, I found that I needed something more forgiving as I get older. This racquet gives me both the power and control I want without sacrificing my arm. I still added some lead tape to give it more torsional stability, but other than that my serves have been powerful, and my volleys especially have felt very controlled and crisp. It has a surprising amount of power though, so I sometimes actually overhit on my groundies!
From: Chris. 6/11
String type and tension: Pro Hurricane 16, 60lbs

Comments: Been playing with this frame about a week and it's a mixed result so far. It's a nice, solid feeling stick, especially at net. But like others I find the string bed a bit muted (even strung at 52lb with a soft multi) and there really is a dead spot at the top of the string bed. Real dead. Hit high on this frame and you're hosed. I also haven't noticed more pop on my serve or more kick, though, again, it feels very solid. It may just be I have to adjust to the 18x20 bed, which I'm new to. I'll play with it for a while longer to see how it goes.
From: Anon, LA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk 17 @52lb

Comments: Absolutely love this racquet! I personally love the swingweight and feel. I switched from a Wilson KPro Tour, which I felt didn't give me enough plow through even with some lead tape. Also the 16 x 20 stringbed was a little too lively and didn't offer as much precision as I would have liked. I felt an immediate improvement with this stick. It allows me to swing harder and still have great control. I also can also get a very good amount of spin despite this being an 18 x 20. Serves were still powerful and my placement improved as well. Co-poly string set up felt great and complements this stick. This is the perfect racquet for my playing style.
From: Danny, Houston, TX, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 16 @ 60

Comments: I used to play with the Aerogel 100, which is a fantastic racquet but a bit too demanding for me being 90 sq.in., so based upon TW review I have purchased the 300 4d tour... I must say that I am a bit disappointed: the racquet is way too stiff, low power unstable and mute at the top of the frame - the sweetspot is down below, the grip is just too short for 2HB, the racquet is difficult to control especially returns and BH.
From: Bzazut, France, PARIS, 11/10
String type and tension: Topspin cyber Red (17)50, Gosen's OG Sheep Micro(17) 50

Comments: Great racquet! Very stable and great control on all my shots! I hybrid the string with Babolat Pro Hurricane 17g on the main, then Wilson Sensation 17G on the cross. Since the string pattern is tight, it gives very good control on the shots. You should demo this one!
From: Mel, San Diego, CA, 11/10
String type and tension: 45 lbs. cross (poly) and 48 lbs on the cross with multi filament strings.
Headsize: 98 sq

Comments: Nice racquet in stock form, outstanding with a little bit of lead tape. I play with 4-5 grams at 10-2 and it works fine. I found a little bit of power to be the main weakness of the racquet and sweet spot area to be the second one. I also recommend to string this one at lower tensions.
From: Pablo, Bilbao, Spain, 10/10
String type and tension: Kirscbaum Pro-line 1.20mm 22 kg

Comments: Not for me. Very unstable specially if you hit off center at 6 and 9 o'clock. Hard to put spin in the ball. Very disappointed. The non tour version is much better at least for my game.
From: Claudio, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 7/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Original, 60 lbs

Comments: I made the transition from 300G to this 4D 300 Tour version three months ago. It took a few weeks to get used to the added weight and different balance, but overall the transition has been relatively smooth and rewarding for most aspects of my game; especially for the double-handed backhand, volleys and serves. The access to spin is easy, although the 300G was even better in this regard. But the added stability definitively makes up for this. I was a frequent string breaker with the 300G, but with the 18x20 pattern this is not an issue.
From: Jonas, Sweden. 7/10
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Plasma 1.23 mm at 26kg

Comments: I demo'd the Dunlop 3 Hundred 4D today and found the racquet amazing on serves. Flat, spin and kick, plenty of power and a nice "pop" that sounds intimidating. At the net, plenty of power on volley. Overheads were very strong. What I didn't like was ground strokes, I couldn't generate power without smacking the snot out of the thing. I wonder if a little lead tape would help? I'm going to demo a few more sticks before I make a final decision but man I liked the power and accuracy on serves!
From: Terry, Lone Tree, Colorado, USA. 06/10
String type and tension:N-fil tour, Demo

Comments: Started playing late in life; currently 52 with a play level between 3.5 and 4.0. I use the 300 M-Fil, AG 300 Tour and AG 4D 300 Tour (collected over a few years). Made the move to these Dunlop racquets from Prince Shark to force myself to improve strokes rather than rely on a racquet's power. I feel the experience with more of a player's racquet is working to help me improve overall game. Each generation of the 300 has a slightly different feel, but I enjoy hitting with all of them. Mostly doubles play; I strive to get to the net as quickly as possible where the maneuverability of the racquet pays dividends. All models of the 300 have good control and can generate spin from anywhere around the court. Return of serve and groundstrokes becoming more consistent as I learn to use the racquets. Shots feel solid even when hit is slightly off. Serves, both flat and slice, had good control from the get-go. Last few months stringing the 4D 300 with Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue 17 at 52 pounds; good feel and control with serves and strokes; no elbow issues. On AG and M-Fil use MSV Focus Hex 17L at 52 pounds, have also used this as a main with Prince Duraflex 17 as a cross at 55 pounds - both setups work well to lend a little power without giving up control and spin. I plan to stick with this racquet (and soft poly strings) for the next several years.
From: Leonard, Honolulu. 6/10
String type and tension: Soft poly at 52 pounds

Comments: I was immediately struck by the uniformly solid feeling off the string bed. Everything I hit felt extremely strong and within the sweet spot. Never had that feeling before. My 4-D Aerogel 300 Tour weighed out at just about twelve ounces. Not that heavy compared to my previous frames, but it was more than weighty enough. And though the string pattern is tight, I had access to spin if I wanted it. Great at net or on the baseline, the results were equally satisfactory. My only concern now is getting more Dunlop Aerogel 300 Tours and that they match up in terms of weighting and balance. I hope the quality control is as good as the frame I have now. Then I will truly be satisfied.
From: Jeff, Napa, Norcal, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Technifibre X-One Biophase 17 @56 lbs.
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: This racquet has no plow thru at all. It won't be heavy enough for the advanced player. On the court it feels way lighter than it is. Demo before you buy.
From: Peter, Netherlands. 6/10

Comments: I bought it last month. Strung with stock dunlop synt at 47/50. Pretty okay. Then, restrung with thinner 17g head synthetic at 50/50 and the racquet became demanding for me as the tension is too stiff for me. Finally, with poly, Babolat Revenge 17g at 47/50, this stick is a gem. With a tight pattern (18x20) and thinner string, it works very nice for my middle swing playing style. It doesnt give you tonnes of spins yet it certainly spins, just enough for net clearance for short balls volley approach. Volleying is just what tw review points out, excellent especially when playing doubles. No arm or elbow pains and with red revenge strings on this stick, it looks cool to be on court. Kudos to dunlop and tennis warehouse for the reviews.
From: Spelunker, Bangi, S'gor, Malaysia. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 17g 47 mains 50 crosses

Comments: I've used this racquet for a year now after first using the AG 300. This racquet is a bit more stable. I have a fast swing and use a lot of spin; both topspin and slice. This racquet has a nice feel to it, although the racquet gets overpowered occasionally from hard returns that I hit off center. I like the feel of the volleys being crisp. However, I don't get as much out of the serve as with some other racquets, although it's decent. I like it...
From: Russell, Sandy, UT, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour, 58#

Comments: 4D 300 tour is a very versatile stick, compared to my old Head LM Radical MP and Boris Becker 11 MP. The funny thing is, spec-wise, 4D 300 tour is almost identical to Head LM, but feels much heavier. The balance is head light, but in your hand it feels head heavy. This funny but practical fact gives me better snap on my serve and higher stability against strong opponents. This is a truly amazing stick.
From: Robin, Taiwan. 03/10
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 17, 60 lb.

Comments: The 300 Tour is a very solid stick for all aspects of my game. I achieved the perfect weight and balance by stringing with poly and adding a leather grip. The frame felt a bit light in stock form, but the heavier strings and leather solved that issue. Now it's 11.9 oz, 6-7 pts HL. I haven't had any arm problems with the poly in this racquet, but that's a personal thing (no racquet is "bad for the arm"). Control on serve is better with the 18x20 string pattern, but the power is still there due to the frame's mass. I hit a relatively flat but hard forehand and mix it up on the backhand side with a slice and two-hander, and all of these shots felt natural at first hit with the 300. My net game could stand to improve, but that's purely a function of technique, not the racquet. Maneuverability is great, and the Dunlop grip shape makes for a comfortable Continental grip at net.
From: Dave, Bethesda, MD, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber flash, 57 lbs.

Comments: I have used the 4D 300 Tour and it has been great for the arm and elbow. I think a racket suitable for those who suffer from Tennis Elbow.
From: Isaac, Salvador, BA, Brazil 01/10
String type and tension: Weisscannon Turbotwist 54 main, Explosiv! 58 cross
NTRP Rating: 2,5

Comments: This racquet is okay. The best thing about it is control: it will let you place your shots anywhere on the court, and with A LOT of pace, especially if you like to take hard swings at the ball. Serves are great, and volleys are good. Only thing is, It doesn't offer a lot of spin. At all. Slice is alright, unless you put a lot of under spin on the ball, but flat slices are good. Topspin is extremely difficult. You need to lift the ball A LOT to get a topspin shot. The frame itself also had a really dead feeling to it, and a lot of balls fall into the net. If you can get used to how this racquet plays, since feel is not an issue, you'll get to like it.
From: Evan, East Meadow, Long Island, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 56 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: Hello everybody! Any comments regarding shoulder and tennis elbow problems? I'm currently playing with the Donnay 95 (stiffness around 58), the only racquet that really doesn't give me these problems. Tried A LOT of racquets so far, with no success. Thinking about a switch to the 300 4D Tour. Thanks a lot for the info! Best regards!
From: Fernando. 12/09

Comments:

Comments: I was demoing this racquet along with BB SE, and Yonex RDS 002 Tour. I just wanted to try 18x20 and see what would happen. I strung all 3 at 56/54. A lot of people say wonders about Dunlop and I wanted to check it out myself. The racquet had a little better maneuverability compared to BB SE, and just as good as the Yonex. Returning serves that's when this racquet fell apart comparing to the other too. So unstable, vibrating a lot, could not control my returns, they were falling short in the middle of the court or they were going long. While the SE lacked of maneuverability, but I could control my returns really well, hit winners of second serves on both wings, and the RDS Tour was very maneuverable, great control, great slice return as well as a flat, spin you name it. On serves 4d 300 T was good, I could place my serves well, but not even comparable in pace (flat), spin (slice serve), Kick with the RDS Tour, and BB SE. I practice with a College heavy hitter player. Final words: The best of them all was RDS 002 Tour overall, followed by BB SE, and the 4D 300 T. The 4D 300 Tour is a racquet for recreation on weekends, and not for a tournament level. It's too light for heavy hitting, the sweet spot isn't as good as the other 2,the spin was bad, and to go to net volley with it, was just like to be asking to have your arm ripped off your body. No control whatsoever with this racket. So if you are player in activity don’t even think about this one, go for the other 2, but if you are 3.0 maybe 4.0 you can still use 4D 300T, or if you are an upcoming Junior player.
From: David, Miami, FL, USA
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Power/Tecnifibre X-one biphase 56/54
Headsize: 98 18x20

Comments: Updated feedback - so my last negative review was changed after I put different string on. I put tecnifibre byphase - 17 at 58 pounds. The racquet needed some time to get used to but now it is great with loose and soft strings it adds power and control is always there. After 2 times of playing with that racquet and comparing to Babolat APD: 1 - serve: better placement with Dunlop and good power. 2 - groundstrokes - APD give more bite but now with better strings I get generate the same with better control with Dunlop. 3 - volley and overheads - not even comparable - Dunlop feels so natural at the net and made my net game much better. Serve return - about the same for both. Now I am trying to decide which one to keep but at this point I thing Dunlop will be my choice. It is a definitely for more advanced players above 4.0
From: Zviad, NY, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 17G @ 58 lbs

Comments: What a great stick. I used to have Wilson ncode 90 racquets, they were really nice racquets to hit with, nice weight, nice plow through, power, spin, classy feel, etc. But they were harsh on my arm, very unforgiving if hit off center shots, and required perfect timing to hit a one handed backhand. This Dunlop 300 tour racquet has all the benefits of the ncode 90 with none of the drawbacks. It's got nice power, spin access, control, and very nice feel. It's a flexible racquet which means my wrist/shoulder are happy, I can now put more zip on my backhands, and topspin if I need to. On forehand and serve I feel the ncode 90 has more power because of the plow through, but this racquet had made my one handed backhand a much better shot, it was a worthy trade off. Overall great stick, highly recommended for high-intermediate to advanced players. P.S.: this racquet looks REAL good with black strings, preferably black poly.
From: Anakin, San Francisco, CA 10/09
String type and tension: Signum Pro Tornado 17 main, K Gut 16 Cross

Comments: I took a demo of 4D 300 Tour. I currently play with AeroPro Drive from Babolat and wanted just some additional control. First few minutes it seemed to be a good racquet but then I got tired of generating power/pace when I needed it. After 20 minutes I went back to aero pro drive and saw why I chose that one to start with. Did not try lead tape but may be a lighter tension would work. Decided not to buy (still looking at KBlade 98, YouTek Radical Pro) but Dunlop was the best one, just not for me.
From: Zviad, NY. 9/09

Comments: This is an outstanding player's frame with great balance and a buttery feel. It is, however, a little light. Never been a fan of loose strings, but tried stringing this at 48 lbs with soft/thin string and it was better than adding lead. Enhances the character of the frame in a way that changing the weight does not.
From: anon. 09/09

Comments: This is an amazing racquet. I almost went with the non-tour version and I'm glad I didn't. The added accuracy and weight is a nice benefit. I'm in my 50's and after trying some sub 11oz racquets and suffering for it I'm back to a heavier stick. I do take a full swing at the ball and hit mostly with topspin. This racquet has a huge sweetspot. It feels better in my hands each time I play with it. I have no negative feedback. Will probably string a few pounds higher the next time around.
From: Lou, ID, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 17G @ 62 lbs

Comments: Nice, but not for me. The 300 4d tour is a bit light and and I just don't have anything on my serves. On several occasions I have brought this stick out and just couldn't hold serve. As soon as I switched back to my Babolat Pure Storm Tour, I was holding serve again. I added about 10 grams of lead tape to try to get a little more weight, and that helped, but I won't be sticking with these.
From: Anon, Santa Rosa, Ca, USA. 7/09
String type and tension: Vs Gut mains, Luxilon Big Banger Ace crosses

Comments: Buy this stick along with some lead tape and you will have a good time. Its too light against heavy balls and requires extra lead to hit through the ball, other than that its a great racquet. Lots of spin but not much power as this is a players racquet therefore this stick is well suited for advanced players. This racquet fills the void between the 200AG 4D & 300AG 4D very well.Happy hitting!
From: Ian, Queensland, Australia 06/09
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: I agree with the previous post (Jarret,NJ). This racquet would get pushed in heavy hitting and I'd put it back in the bag when I'd have to consistently return heavy shots. I was all ready to sell my pair until I added 1/4" strips of lead @ 12 o'clock. My placement is from one end of the top cross string to the other end of the top cross strong (1/4" strip on both sides of the frame). This is a different frame with lead @ 12 o'clock. I tried it at 3/9 o'clock; 2/10 o'clock; 4/8 o'clock and even 6 o'clock. None really worked for me. 12 o'clock with adequate lead and you have yourself a nicely weighted, well balanced player's stick! One more thing; dump the stock grip and go with either leather or a Gamma Hi-Tech Gel grip.
From: Matt, Charlotte, NC. 6/09
String type and tension: MFil Tour 16 mains (60lbs); Babolat Addiction 17 crosses (58lbs)

Comments: Only thing I can say is grab the lead tape. This stick is amazing, but when in heavy hitting, you get pushed around the whole time. Don't just let the weight push you away, this stick is buttery smooth off the ground and a lot pace on groundies and serves. My flat serve was juiced up and I get a huge pop every time I hit the sweet spot. The ball hops off the court on kick serves and topspin groundies. Don't sleep on this stick, get it and get some lead, and some Luxilon too, just like James Blake.
From: Jarrett, New Jersey 06/09
String type and tension: Signum PPP Pure 1.18 mains and Forten Sweet 17 crosses @ 62/60 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.0 (High School Varsity)

Comments: Amazing racquet! It's nice dense 18x20 pattern gives me the control. Mr. Vic, Belgium dude its 18x20 you have to produce your own. I demoed this for a week and beat 2 champ players in the top hundred of my state. I have a heavy topspin forehand and this racquet completes it. I can flatten it out and paint the lines. My serve is a BEAST with this racquet. I use Topspin brand poly and Wilson Hyper Spin. Using that and working out more I can get all the spin i need. So dont whine its an 18x20 not 16x18.
From: Ryan, Abilene, TX U.S.A. 05/09
String type and tension:poly and synthetic 58-59

Comments: Well, I think this racquet could be the holy grail for a lot of people! But it's not mine. It has excellent control, stability, maneuverability, but I just cant seem to generate a lot of spin. I adapt my game on the gravel and I play heavy spin-forehands, I couldn't do this with the 300tour. I could hit them nice and flat with no problem, but just lack of spin! And that is what I need. So a no for me, but still a great racquet.
From: Vic, Belgium. 05/09

Comments: Before I bought my AG200 4D Tour, I played with the AG200 and the AG500 Tour. The AG200 has an extreme flexible feel and you have to hit the sweetspot perfectly to keep put any pace on the ball. Off center hits were very unstable and it was tough putting spin on the ball. The AG500 tour is very stiff so you could have flaws in your game and it will help you mask your weaknesses as it seemed to have a big sweetspot and spin was easy to generate. But the AG500 Tour was so stiff that I developed a pain on my upper arm. When the AG300 4D tour came out, I purchased one after one demo and it was a great decision. It plays like a cross between the 2 aforementioned racquets because it has the better stability of the AG500 tour but still have a firm flex that many is better identified with the AG200. This translates to more stable volleys and better plow through on mishit groundstrokes but still have plenty of feel and control. Slices are amazing and easy to hit and so are overheads. It tends to swing heavier than the AG500 Tour even though the weight specs are nearly the same. I feel that the AG200 4d tour is head heavier than the specs. Dont ever try to string it higher than 59lbs as it has a tight 18x20 pattern that make the racket feel unstable, boardlike, and lack power when strung higher than 59lbs. And if you care about how the racket looks then you would be really happy with it too as the cosmetics are top notch and would be very cool to string the racket with RED tecnifiber strings such as the red color poly code red strings or the red x-biphases.
From: Arthur, Monterey Park, CA, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Pro Hurricane Tour 16(56)mains & X-Biphase 17(59)crosses
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: My racket of choice varies between the Aerogel 200 and 300, and this racket is the perfect balance between them. I've got the maneuverability at the net that my 200 lacks and the powerful consistency backcourt that my 300 lacks. It's also very stable and just feels comfortable. I highly recommend it for anyone torn between the 200 and 300 series.
From: Colin, Newcastle, WA, USA, 05/09

Comments: I really wanted to like this racquet after reading all the rave reviews, but I was disappointed. A nice stick though, a little light for a tour spec. I found that the racquet needed more weight to be more stable and to produce heavier shots against big hitters. Overall, it had good feel and spin, the flex is firm; better than all the previous 300g's that I've tried; all shots were easily executed. It's probably good enough for player's below 4.5 ntrp looking to transition a control oriented stick.
From: Sam, San Francisco, CA, USA, 04/09
String type and tension: Dunlop 24kg
NTRP Rating: 5.0, all court

Comments: This racquet is one of the best racquets I've ever used. I tried it out once and new it was the racquet i was going to switch to. I used the Dunlop 300 Aerogel before this and the new 4D Tour version is a ton better with more weight and better stability. I found there to be less vibration on volleys because of the weight. There is definitely more spin on my groundstrokes so be ready for that. All-in-all, its a great racquet.
From: Steve, Timonium, Md, USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Dunlop Explosive Synthetic Gut

Comments: Very solid feel to this racquet. Love the thin beams and the weight, reminds me a bit of a prestige mid, but a lot more playable. I only played with a demo of this racquet strung with m-fil tour, but even then you could feel the potential. A bit of lead and full Luxilon ALU at 60lbs would make this stick an absolute screamer I think. Players with well developed, and PROPER strokes looking for a new racquet should check this one out.
From: Pete, Vancouver, BC. 04/09

Comments: In my opinion this is the best frame Dunlop has ever come out with. Both 300 and 200s of the past had a very strange flex to them and I struggled to find consistency. The 4D Tour feel is much more solid and less hollow. I'll confirm what the other posters are saying - lead on 3 and 9 is a MUST for solid impacts on anything other than dead center - I also have a bit of lead at 12 for added stability on serves.
From: Anton V, nyc. 3/09
String type and tension: mid tension sgut

Comments: A little light, but very nice player's frame when strung on loose side and ball is hit clean. Sweet spot is a bit low, which takes some dialing in. Balls hit too high in string bed feel weak and unstable.
String type and tension: 55/gut

Comments: This is more like the 'maneuverable cousin' to the 200. If you are a die hard 300 fan, this stick is not for you. However, if you were looking for a control oriented lighter frame or a platform to build your optimal tight pattern racquet, this is worth a look. The racquet is stable in stock form, and stands up well to big hitters provided you have the strokes. It is nimble at the net and it is relatively easy to hit penetrating volleys with it. I have no fear of hitting long with the racquet and this translates to aggressive cuts at the ball that bite and land deep. The racquet has good feel for the finesse shots too! The frame is a good serving stick...I am able to hit good kickers and slices, hitting my spots easily and it is great for hitting the 'bomb'.... Give it a demo...worth the try.
From: Mark, Atlanta, GA, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Wilson KGut - 65lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet because the specs are almost identical to my old Volkl C9 Pro, which I have been playing with since I was 16 years old. I'm 24 now, and only have one Volkl out of six left. I decided to give this racquet a shot, and I was not disappointed. It felt a little unstable at first, but a little lead tape at 3,9, and under the grip cleared the problem right up. The only issue I've had with this stick is inconsistent serving, but other the that, it's great!!!
From: Jacob, Louisiana, US. 3/09
String: Luxilon BB ALU POWER MAINS @ 58, NXT TOUR CROSSES @ 61

Comments: I too was disappointed in this frame. I currently play with the AG 200 and I had high hopes for this and it is not even close in terms of playability feel and control. This racket felt very "hollow" upon impact, it lacked heft and felt unstable at the net on any shots hit with any pace. I have very good volleys and this racket just could not handle the hard shots which I need at my level. Though it is great for reflex shots and half volleys due to its relatively light heft, I actually felt this racket played rather soft unlike some other comments suggest. The racket came with MFil tour string which Dunlop seems to put in all their demos. I would say this racket would be well suited to a jr player looking to upgrade to a racket with a little more power. I will say spin is very easy to access despite the dense string pattern. They should have made the head size a little smaller, the beam a little slimmer and a higher swing weight. I played with the KBlade 98 right after this one and that racket had much better feel, more heft and more control yet was still great on reflex volleys and half volleys. Perhaps the 4D 200 will be better.
From: Mike, Bay area, CA. 3/09
Demo String Dunlop MFil Tour
NTRP rating 5.0

Comments: For people who like the 200s yet find the weight slightly too demanding (i.e. difficulty generating enough racquet speed on the run; wearing down during a long match), this frame feels and responds very similar but offers more options. Three weeks in and I'm loving mine!
From: Phil, Toronto, Canada. 3/09
String type and tension: Head RIP Control 16 @ 52 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.x

Comments: Devoted Dunlop fan. I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with this frame. The frame seems more stable than the 300 Aerogel, but where is the power? You have to hit the snot out of the ball to generate any pace. Basically, I'm giving up a great deal of pace to gain a little bit more control. Dunlop, please give us back the 300 G. We all know this was a great frame. Produce something like this again, but in the meantime I will continue to use the 300 Aerogel until you do.
From: Chris, Durham, NC, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L (50 lbs)

Comments: I bought two of these rackets because the specs were really close to my current racket, the Volkl C9 Pro. After adding some lead tape at 3 & 9, and under the grip, this thing is a beast! At first it was a little bit unstable on off-center shots, and my volleys weren't the best with it as I suffered some twisting on reflex volleys. Those problems are gone with the appearance of this lead tape. Now my strokes are venomous, My serve is bigger, my volleys are like butter, and my Volkl's are in my bag as emergency replacements!
From: Jacob, Winnsboro, LA. 3/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour on Mains/Luxilon BB ALU Power on Crosses at 60/61

Comments: I'm a 4.5 all court player, singles and doubles. I'm a little mixed on this racquet. After playing with it three times, for a total of about 6 hours, I can't make up my mind. The good: It feels great. Very stable, solid feel, but you can feel the ball, so touch is good too. Plenty of spin, topspin or slice, and plenty on the serves. I think the surprise to me was the weight. It feels lighter than advertised. TW says it's 318 swingweight, but the total strung weight listed on the frame is 320, so it can't be 318g swingweight. I could be wrong, but it just feels so much lighter than that. In spite of its lack of heft, it's not too low on power unless you don't like to take a good cut at the ball. I play currently with the Aerogel 200 (AG200), which is 331 swingweight, and the difference in heft is very noticeable. The 300 Tour is so light it tends to get very whippy, specifically on crosscourt forehands. As compared to the AG200, it has less control, despite the 18x20 string pattern. I'm going to continue to try it and compare it to my 200, but I really don't think I'll switch. It's light enough to be customized, but rather than go through all of that and buy all new racquets, I'd rather stick with the 4 AG200s I already have. I just don't think it's "better" for me. If you like the 300, and just want a little more heft and control, it might be for you. But if you swing a 12oz racquet, you'll probably feel the way I do about this one. I'll say this though, it feels great, very stable, and delivers as advertised as far as performance goes, it's just not the same as the heavier 200. I'll look forward to the 4D version of the 200.
From: Danny, Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash 17 (1.25mm) at 58lbs.

Comments: For me, it was ok. A little weak on off center hits. I was a little disappointed, the specs on this frame caught my eye and I was expecting a more solid hitting frame. When you nail the sweet spot it is ok...it works, but not much room for error and it felt too light for me on contact. If I were Dunlop...I would have made this frame a little more head heavy. I am sure lead tape can help with that. It is, however, one good looking frame. I am sticking with my Wilson blades.
From: Jeff, Burbank, CA. 2/09
String type and tension: 60 lbs, Klip Excellerator 17g

Comments: Good all around feel, control, and comfort. You notice the extra heft on the tour version over the old 300 Aerogel. The extra weight helps add stability, although the racquet still retains a headlight feel. For a player's racquet, it feels quite light and the result is access to plenty of spin. I was afraid the dense string pattern would dampen the spin potential, but it does not. The 18x20 string pattern feels more open than it is. Excellent racquet.
From: Jeff, Grand Rapids, MI. USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Poly / syn gut, 42 / 57 lbs.

Comments: Gabriel's assessment is spot on. Disappointing too as I had high hopes for this stick. Very unstable at the top of the frame, and just too light - no plow through at all. Maybe the 200s will be better.
From: Chris, Tulsa, OK. 2/09
String type and tension: Mfil @60
Headsize:98 (97!)

Comments: I'm a former AG300 user, so I'm familiar with Dunlop frames. I just came back from the court and played for 3 hrs. It's a very arm-friendly frame. My shoulder or elbow have no pain and I've suffered from TE in the past. I was a little hesitant at first as this is my first time playing with a 18/20 stick. I was afraid I would not be able to generate as much spin as with the AG300. I was wrong. I was able to generate lots of spins. Kick and slice serves were AMAZING. Flat serves were consistent. I hit with so much control. It was like if I could put it on a dime. But one of the most outstanding thing was the stability at the net. I went up several times and was able to put away volleys with authority. The feel is really good. If you just push the ball, this is not for you. It's a control-oriented racquet. I felt so confident I could take big cuts at the ball and that's what I did. I got so many winning returns, aces, points at the net...this is a must-try. You'll have lots of fun.
From: Comps, Santo Domingo, DR. 2/099
String type and tension: Babolat attraction 63

Comments: I found this racquet to play very nice. For a 98, it has fantastic control, which is likely a function of the Dunlop quality as well as the dense "tour" string bed. Because the weight isn't too much, those that typically have trouble generating spin with more dense string patterns will not have a problem here and you don't sacrifice control! I previously used the Yonex RDS 001 MP, which was also a 98. I found the control here to be a bit better likely due to the string pattern, and the power to be a bit higher. In terms of stability, I don't find it to be an issue. I'd call this a player�s racquet and the beauty of it is that if you think it does need more stability, adding weight or customizing is doable because the weight isn't too hefty. Many times player�s sticks weigh so much to start with that if you add weight your arm feels like it will fall off. I weighed mine and it came in (with an overgrip) at around 11.7. You could easily add 8 or 9 grams to the frame for stability if you feel it necessary, but as I said, in terms of a 98 inch players frame, I'm sold...just ordered 3!
From: Erik, Lincoln, NE, USA, 02/09
String type and tension: Dunlop Explosive Synthetic (demo string)

Comments: As a Dunlop fan, it saddens me to write this but I was very disappointed by this stick. It felt unstable and it was very hard to get a solid hit on any stroke. Don't know why. It's perplexing. Maybe the material Dunlop uses or the new 4D "technology." Quite flexible, but not buttery, just weak. And I used the great Tecnifibre X-One Biphase string, too.
From: Gabriel, Bermuda. 2/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase, 17G, 57 lbs

Comments: I must disagree with Mike here. This racquet was very stable. This was very impressive. I found great stability and comfort from this frame that I haven't found with a few other previous models I have tried. This is definitely worth a demo for anyone that is ready for 11 ounce and above frames. I didn't find a weak point with this racquet. I thought all areas were impressive. Very nice stick.
From: Ryan, Murphy, NC. USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Dunlop M-Fil Tour 16g @ 62 lbs

Comments: Ball simply doesn't go! Can try to customize but then I will buy something else!
From: Corrado, Italy, 02/09