Comments: I enjoy the frame but do not use a string created for spin because with the open string pattern the ball will fall into the net every time. If you adjust your game the ball will sail long. Great for serves.
From: Joseph, 7/13

Comments: Another BULLS-EYE from Dunlop! This racquet offers superb control with fair amount of spin and excellent power. It will certainly benefit those players with fully developed strokes seeking control and pin-point accuracy in their ground strokes. It is quite stable against heavy hitters and provides wonderful service precision and deep penetrating volleys. The sweet spot seems to be smaller than what the specs suggests though. Despite its weight, the racquet is very maneuverable. And by the way, the cosmetics is awesome! This is a must demo in the "player's racquet' category.
From: Robert, 2/13

Comments: I got two Dunlop 4D AG 500 Tour, and they are great racquets, but a little stiff. The racquet has great control. I now string at tensions of 60-63lbs depending on the type of string I'm using. I use Luxilon Savage 17g @ 61 lbs and Prince Lightning XX 17g @ 63 lbs. My favorite is Prince Lightning XX 17g at 63 lbs. It has good control and eExcellent power. Nice spin as well. Overall, the racquet requires less fast swings in tournament, lasting 11 hours of playing. Great pop and smooth feel. I had the Dunlop AG 500 Tour.
From: Abel, 10/12

Comments: This is a very good racquet. It offers great access to spin and pretty fair control. The blend of power, comfort, and spin is just what I'm looking for in a racquet. Hybrid strings give me more pop on my strokes, and broaden the sweet spot.
From: Clarence, 10/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast mains / Prince Syn Gut crosses @ 59/57lbs

Comments: What a great racquet! Just purchased after I decided I needed to get another racquet similar to the original Aerogel 500 Tour (not the 4D) which I have been playing with for awhile. This racquet is quite an upgrade! The control of the racqyet is superior, and while I feel the racquet may have a bit less "pop" then the old 500 Tour, the upgrade in control far outweighs the minimal loss in power. Spin production and volleys also recieved an upgrade with increased precision and more "bite" when contacting the ball on volleys. The racquet is solid from all areas of the court, and it is the superb control and feel which really stands out for me. Try it with the NXT Duo II and you can't go wrong!
From: Chase, 9/12
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Duo II @ 57 lbs

Comments: To put it simply, this is a great racquet! I just ordered my second one. It's game-improving for me. I can swing big with spin and pace on forehand and backhand sides, and the ball stays in play. I hit with lots of topspin on both sides, as well as slice. If this is your game, you'll find this racquet to be the perfect complement. Excellent blend of control, power and touch, with incredible spin potential. Better than my old racquet, the Dunlop Aerogel 600. Highly recommended.
From: Bruce, 9/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage @ 60 lbs

Comments: Great racquet if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Babolat Pure Drives.
From: Logan, 8/12
String type and tension: Babolat French Open XCel 16g @ 60 lbs

Comments: Bargain alternative to the Babolat Pure Drives, without losing any quality. Powerful and precise. Definitely stiff, but not as jarring as you'd think. More solid than the original Aerogel 500 Tour. Not as big a sweet spot as you might like from a 100, but excellent racquet. I added a leather grip to mine.
From: Justin, 4/12
String type and tension: Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue, 57 lbs

Comments: Although it has a nice feeling, this racquet has too much power. I could not control it and found myself overhitting.
From: Gus, 11/11

Comments: Great racquet. I tried the Aero Pro Drive, Pure drive, Head Youtek series, Prince EXO3 Black, and Wilson BLX Pro Open. None compares to this. Great control and spin while allowing for flat shots when needed. May be a little bit light for some of you bigger players, but the 2pt head light balance deals with that. Great racquet for any high level aggressive baseliner or doubles player. I recommend any poly strung from 50-54 lbs.
From: Rushk. 10/11

Comments: I decided to get the 1st generation Aerogel 500 Tour and I totally love it. My game started to improve even more, then when the second generation came out, I got it too. The Aerogel 4D 500 Tour is my actual frame and it's the best combination of power, control and maneuverability. The best paintjob together with superb quality control that Dunlop is known for. Soon I'll be getting the 3rd generation of the 500 series, the Biomimetic 500 Tour.
From: Wilfredo. 8/11
String type and tension: Gosen OG-Sheep Micro @ 58 lbs

Comments: This is a very good racquet. If you're looking for a game improving stick, 500 Tour is definitely worth considering. Whether you are a baseliner or like to come to the net, this frame will work for you. Now that the price has dropped, it's definitely worth checking out.
From: AJK, 7/11
String type and Tension: Tecnifibre X-One 17 @ 56lbs

Comments: This stick is a beast! I normally prefer flexible, control player frames such as the Volkl Tour 10s, but I was surprised with the overall feel of this racquet. I was never a fan of the harsh feeling Babolat's (I've tried them all, APD, PD, PST, etc.) but the 500 tour is similar in power/spin with a more refined feel and better control. I was able to generate tons of spin for control and I was able to hit my touch shots as well. Slices stayed nice and low becoming an offensive shot. Volleys were nice and crisp. For a racquet with 70 si rating, it felt comfortable and not tinny/hollow/jarring like most modern/tweener frames. One more plus is the weight and balance, it is ready for customization. I think a leather grip w/ an over-grip +.75 oz of lead in the handle is perfect!Good job Dunlop, this is a great stick!!!
From: Sam, San Francisco, CA, USA. 5/11

Comments: I love this racquet so much! I have 4 of them. It has nice a balance, offers great combination of power and control, not too stiff, not too flexible, not too light, not too heavy, juuuust right! I try to play an all-court game, although I do like to hug the baseline (sorry, coach!:-), and it works nicely for me. I feel like I can stay with this racquet for a while and keep improving my game.
From: Natalia, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. 4/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17g at 59 lbs.

Comments: Love this racquet. Since they have a new model now with different specs, I just picked up my third. I find the racquet to be very stable (more so than its predecessor) with just the right amount of stiffness and power while still having good touch at the net. I am also pleasantly surprised with the high level of comfort from the racquet given its stiffness. Get one while you can!
From: Dan W., Roswell, GA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Duo II, 53/55

Comments: Oh yay. I'm a 14 year old, probably 3.0 high school player who was looking for that mid weight stick that gave me the stability I needed to return some of the bigger serves on my tennis team. This delivered. It has great power when you need to put the ball away, great directional control, and the open string bed gave me superb spin. It might be a little light for some of you stronger players out there, but for an average strength 14 year old high school player, this was the perfect stick for me. I threw on some head guard tape to protect the head and weight it just a little bit, and put on a Dunlop Gecko-Tac grip. HEA- VEN. I currently have it strung with a basic Dunlop syn-gut since that came free with my racket, but those'll break pretty soon and I'll try out the Lux BB series and post here again.
Overall, for any decent tennis player who wants a mid weight racket that doesn't lack in anything and truly delivers, this is a worthy demo :D
From: Stefan, Madison, Connecticut, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk @ 59 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: I love this racket, and have had it for a while. Just got my second. This racket is very light but still manages decent feel, control, and power, and great access to spin all in one racket. I think this might just be the racket for me.
From: Kurt, Racine, WI, USA, 02/11
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: I love his racket. It hits very well much better than Babolats. It gets loads of spin and power as well. My only quarrel is that the few pts headlight makes it harder to customize but other than that it's a great stick with solid feel.
From: Zac, OR, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour bite 56 lbs

Comments: Just like the standard Pure Drive, I found the AG500 Tour to be too head heavy for my liking. It was extremely sluggish especially on serves. The open string pattern is a good thing though and stiffness was just right. I'd be willing to revisit this model if they made it more headlight.
From: Chris, Sydney, Australia, 01/11

Comments: Great overall racquet. Well-balanced with great feeling. I have strung my two racquets @ 65 lbs., which may be too tight. I am going to restring one of them at 55 lbs. with the Dunlop Tour strings for better net play and more topspin. I always follow Nicolas Almagro due to his use of this racquet.
From: George, Richmond, VA, USA, 01/11

Comments: Tried this frame with Gamma Zo Twist in the mains and Babolat VS Tonic in the crosses. The frame plays very good but what I don't like about it is the feel. The feel is metallic, stiff and dead, although not harsh. Even with a quality gut in the crosses it felt the same, and with the string set up I used, it sounded like I was hitting with stiff metal wires. Plays very similar to the popular Pure Drive GT but with less power, a firmer string bed and more control. Spin is very good as well. Good playing characteristics but didn't like the feel.
From: Anon, SoCal, USA, 12/10

Comments: Fantastic stick! I have been playing with the 500 Tour Aerogel and the 4D 500 Tour has brought a great progression to my game. My serve and groundies are much stronger and crisper. My volleys have been more solid and my spin shots have been lethal. Won 3 of last 4 tourneys using these new sticks (finished 3rd in the other). Great rackets with great power and touch. Dunlop 4 life!
From: Matt, Roswell, GA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro 16 @ 54 lbs main/Forten Synthetic 16 @ 58 lbs cross

Comments: Great stick. I have been using the APDC non GT for over a year and happy with it as I am a baseline basher but have been looking around at new sticks. The 4D500 is solid on both forehand and backhand side and backhand slice can be wicked. People who like the APD's may want to demo this as a nice alternative.
From: Tom, NV, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: 54

Comments: I love this racquet so much!! Easy to handle and improve your game in all areas. I had played with Babolats Pure Drive before, now I couldn't go back to older, I will enjoy playing with this stick.
From: Man, Hong Kong, 07/10
Headsize: 100sq

Comments: Simply the Best All Around Tennis Racquet! A perfect combination of power, control, maneuverability, stability and plenty of access to spin. This racquet is a great racquet for players of all levels. Serving with this racquet, is a dream come true. Whether it be a flat bomb down the middle or a kick serve out wide this racquet delivers! I have tried many, many racquets over the years from Head Prestige models, Babolat Pure Drives, Aeropro drives, Pure Control and Storm models, Wilson Six-One models and many more and the Dunlop 500 Tour is simply the best!
From: Jim, Sumter, South Carolina, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Genesis Black Magic in mains and Prince Syn w/Duraflex in crosses at 60lbs.

Comments: This is a great racquet. I'm getting back into tennis after an extended hiatus, and the 4D 500 Tour feels very solid when hitting, allowing me to "self-diagnose" when I'm messing up a stroke. I agree with R2 that the sweet spot is narrow, and although the racquet has practically no torsion with off-center hits there's noticeably less power and forgiveness than on the EXO3 Black (with "hole" grommets) (the runner-up out of maybe 10-12 demos I've tried). It compares well to the Babolat AeroPro, PureDrive, feeling slightly more stable and comfortable although less forgiving. The weight of the tour feels heavier than others of similar weight, such as the EXO3 Black 100, since the 4D 500 Tour is more head heavy. I prefer this, having grown up on Hammer racquets, but wanted to point this out. If you like the EXO3 Black w/hole grommets or the two aforementioned Babolats, Head Youteks, I'd suggest demoing this racquet. It's not the most forgiving in that the sweet spot seems small, but the level of feel and comfort overcome that shortcoming.
From: Tristan, Houston, TX, USA. 06/10
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: I must have tried just about every racket from Babolat, Prince, Head and Wilson and all the Cortex, Ozone, K factor and Youtek technologies that are supposed to do wonderful things. None of them have the feel, comfort, and playability of the Aerogel 500 Tour. Simply put, this is the best racquet I have ever used and I will always use it.
From: Mal, UK. 06/10
String type and tension: Sonic Pro Fibre Touch @ 60 LBS

Comments: Very nice racquet. A solid upgrade to the Aerogel line although the Aerogels, to me, had a softer feeling. This racquet does everything feel and for a stiff frame you can still feel the flex. When the ball comes off the strings for a touch shot it feels amazing! Serves big, volleys well and is solid off the ground. Only two gripes - the sweet spot is small and narrow for a midplus and it's very stiff in the upper hoop. Not forgiving at all. That's where you feel the stiffness and it caused my shoulder tendonitis to return after missing a few shots on a windy day.
From: R2, Southern CA, USA, 05/10

Comments: This racquet has significantly improved control and pace on my serve and forehand. The feel is wonderful, I feel very connected to my shots. Lots of spin and pace, lots of power, excellent control. Not as pinpoint as some heavier 18x20 player's racquets, but the trade off is pretty easy to take, especially in singles, considering the maneuverability and power of this stick. Playing with this stick is a pleasure. I don't even care what else is out there anymore, this stick is everything! Try it, you will love it. Use lower tensions (45-52lbs.)for poly.
From: Peping, Manila, Philippines 03/10
String type and tension:49 lbs. Thermaxe 130mm
Headsize:100sq.in.

Comments: I could recommend this good racquet to everyone who likes to play from the base hitting the ball pretty hard and top spin. Before, I had been playing with Yonex RDS 300 (great racquet) but and I wanted to get something new. I tried several racquets and not one could reach the Yonex solid feel and quality (for me) until I tried this Dunlop. I think this will be my racquet for the next year. Very solid from the base, good touch and spin whenever you need it. Good Job Dunlop!!
From: Alejandro, Buenos Aires, Argentina 01/10
String type and tension: hybrid, 17 g monofiber at mains and 16 g multifibre at crosses
Headsize: 100 sq

Comments: TW's description was spot on. Best blend of power, spin & control of the many racquets I have used. Nice pop on demand without that feeling of looseness that comes with more powerful frames. Will be getting another one. Good job Dunlop!
From: Soo, David, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia 01/10
String type and tension: Main- Gamma Asterisk 17 @ 58lbs, Cross - Head FXP Power 16 @ 56lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 to 4.0

Comments: A most pleasurable and user-friendly racquet. The strung weight is like 11 ounces and not 11.3 as posted in T.W specs. The low swing weight makes it highly maneuverable at net play. The ball comes off the strings with pace and spin. Great spin and pinpoint placement on serves. Velocity on hard flat serves seems to be a problem with the demo racquet with default string. It may be overcome using high quality strings and lead tape customization. A must demo for all.
From: anon. 12/09

Comments: Great racquet, good pop, good spin, good control, better than my Babolat pure drive, I have returned to Dunlop after many years and I'm really impressed with the Dunlop aero gel 500 tour, it has all I was looking for.
From: Oscar, Bogota, Colombia, 11/09
String type and tension: 60 lbs

Comments: Great racquet, I am coming back to the game after a 10 years break and demoed a lot of racquets, including Babolat PD Roddick, Wilson K6.1 team, Wilson Kobra Tour, Head YT Radical MP, Yonex Rdis 100, Wilson K Blade 98... Finally I tried this stick and after a week of playing I could say it is love. Easy to play with, but with a great control. I definitely suggest everyone to demo this racquet
From: Andrea, Italy 11/09

Comments: Nice Racquet, I put 2 gr of Babolat leadtape each on the throat so a total of 4gr additional weight. I'm a serve and volleyer and I love the pop especially on touch shots and half volley at no man's land. The topspin is good. Just the string can easily break and moved often because of the open string pattern (16x18). Maybe if Dunlop can improve this racquet into 16x19 pattern then I think it would be better.
From: Rey, Woodside, NY 10/09
String type and tension: Gamma TNT tour, 56
NTRP Rating: USTA 5.0

Comments: This racquet really works for my game. I demoed the pure drive cortex, pure drive GT, pure drive Roddick, Becker pro and the Volkl Powerbridge 8 and none of them had the feedback and control that the 4D 500 tour did. Also demoed the Wilson K six one 95, 16 X 18 and the Donnay Pro One oversize. My old frame was a prince precision graphite, leaded to almost 13 oz. I can't take as big of a swing from the forehand side, compared to my old prince, but with a shorter backswing, I just set my racquet and swing away. I have NEVER hit better backhands than with this stick. I have a one handed backhand and my slice is better than ever, as is my topspin. My backhand is twice as good... really :) Serves are great as well. If I'm in trouble, because of the lighter weight, I can whip the racquet around and turn a defensive situation into an offensive one. Although this is a lighter, stiffer racquet that I'm used to, I find that the added power allows my hands to be softer. I relax more and let the racquet do the work. I strung this with Babolat VS team natural gut, 17 gauge and it kills! I"m thrilled with the way I"m hitting with this..... I guess I'll stop now, you get the point.
From: Paul, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS team natural gut, 17 gauge @ 60

Comments: I used the Dunlop Mid Impact plus 105 since 1990 with Prince Topspin Duraflex @ 55 lbs and I started to get back in to tennis after a 18 year hiatus period. I've had great results with Dunlop racquets since the mid 1980's so I decided to demo AG 4D 500 Tour which I love but for the money I went with Dunlop AG 500 Tour. To took me a few matches to get adjusted to but once I got adjusted, it was like playing with a Yamaha Grand Piano. Volleys, Serves, and back hand greatly improved. Much smoother stroke, forehand and backhands. Great pops with less vibrations. Much better control on serves. Great baseline volleys, much better volleys at the net. Topspin and backspin have become a threat on the court for the opposition, great for single and double matches. The ball will actually elongate with spin making it harder for returns, serves and baseline volleys. The racquet works for you at all levels of play. The strange thing is that I can't go back to my older racquet, which I have won tennis tournaments with through out the years. Now I have a weapon. Racquet is strung with Prince Topspin Duraflex 15L.
From: Abel, Minneapolis, MN. 8/09
String type and tension:Prince Topspin Duraflex @ 58lbs.

Comments: I didn't care for this racquet as it had too much power for my game. I take a pretty full cut at the ball and had a very difficult time keeping the ball in the court. With that said, Dunlop makes high quality racquets and if you're looking for extra power, then this may be worth trying, but be warned it is not what I would call a tweener racquet as the gap in power between this and a true players racquet is pretty wide.
From: KD, Austin, TX 08/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 17g at 62#

Comments: Wow love this racquet! Been playing with this stick for nearly 2 years. Previously used players frames e.g Volkl C10 Pro. This racquet does everything very well, you can hit deep with tons of pace and spin, volleys stay hit and stability when facing a heavy ball is excellent. I play with a single handed backhand and can still generate pace from shoulder high balls. The weight "11 oz" is perfect, means its still maneuverable during a long session. I've experimented with a few string set ups but the Head Rip control at 59lbs seems to be a match made in heaven. I'm not surprised that Nicolas Almagro has stayed with this stick, its an absolute joy to play with.
From: Ian, London, England 07/09
Head Rip Control 59lbs

From: Ian, London, England 07/09
Head Rip Control 59lbs

Comments: Very pleased with this racquet. I added some lead at 9 and 3 area of the head. Great touch and excellent feel.
From: Mark Riccitello, Hamiton NJ USA. 06/09
String type and tension: Prince Topspin 17G 54lb
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: To update my previous review, I added some weight lead tape to the handle, about an ounce. This makes the racquet almost 1 inch headlight. I like even better now. If you add lead tape in the handle where you hold the racquet, you should cover it with clear packing tape or something similar because you don't want the lead leaching into your skin. Lead is very toxic.
From: Selles, Chicago, IL, USA. 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 65 pounds

Comments: A truly awesome racquet!! Have always played with Head racquets and demo'd their latest offerings (Youtek speed, Radical microgel, Extreme microgel,etc) but also took out the Aerogel 500 Tour based on some excellent reviews in German tennis magazines. Found it to be clearly superior as had significantly more pop, yet retained superb control and feel. Decided to buy the new 4D 500 Tour based on the reviews above really does feel even better (more solid) than the Aerogel. My serving has really improved and can pinpoint first serves better than ever with increased pace. Topspin shots have also improved hugely due to open string pattern. Volleying is very solid and accurate too. Also demo'd similarly spec'd Babolats - Pure Drive & Aero Drive but wasn't overly impressed as they seemed to lack accuracy and felt substantially less solid (a lot of vibrations). All- in-all the 4D 500 Tour is an excellent racquet that I'm sure will significantly improve my game.

Comments: This is a must demo racquet. Great on all shots. I can hit topspin/kick serves extremely well with this racquet. My kick serve out wide in the add court pulls my opponent way off the court. The overheads are very solid. You can generate a lot of pace/topspin on the passing shots and force your opponent to make a bad volley even when they are in an offensive position. Slice backhands are strong enough to neutralize the modern big forehands. This is a modern weapon.
From: Selles, Chicago, IL, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 gauge 65 pounds
Headsize: 100 in

Comments: AWESOME RACQUET!!! I was in the search for my next racquet and I'm glad to say I found it. I tried the Babolat Pure Drive, the Babolat Aeropro Drive, the Head Microgel Prestige Pro, Wilson KBlade, and the Adidas Barricade Tour, but the Dunlop Aerogel 4D 5Hundred Tour was the winner for me. It was great everywhere on the court. I was able to take a full swing at the ball, add enough topspin, and the ball would land within 2-3 inches from the baseline. Control is there, which is awesome. At the net I was able to hit nice volleys and score some easy points. Topspin came very nice with the open string pattern. Slices seemed go higher than with my Prince EXO3 Rebels but with a little practice I got them down. These gave very nice pop on my serves. I was able to hit a flat serve faster and more accurate(and I suck at flat serves since I'm fairly short at 5"7'). My kick serves were quicker and bounced higher. My slice serves landed deeper so it made it harder for my opponent to return. All in all this racquet is great anywhere on the court and was worth the change.
From: Lee, CA, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Sweet 60 LBS

Comments: I have tried many of the offerings within this spec range: 100 sq inch/11.0-11.5 oz/315-330 swingweight including the past AG 500 Tour. This has been the most exciting hit I have had in the last year. Power range is slightly less than a Pure Drive/Microgel Extreme but with great control and feel (despite its high RA rating). Very high spin potential and also good accuracy when flattening out the shot. I find the volleys,serves and groundstrokes to be just the ticket for my game. The only weakness is operator error! At 11.3 oz. it still has good stability due to its balance (3 pts HL).
From: anon, Norcal, US. 4/09
String type and tension: Prince Premier 16g (prestreched) 57lbs

Comments: Great racquet! Wonderful upgrade to the AG 500 Tour which I have played with since they came out. Solid from all areas of the court. I've got three of them and they are all with in a gram of each other on the scale. I think Dunlop quality is the best! Great pop on serve and excellent touch and feel. I love these racquets!!
From: Jim Gray, Mobile, AL USA. 04/09