Comments: This racquet has very easy access to spin and is great for players trying to be more consistent with their game.
From: Joseph, 3/13

Comments: When I first tried this racquet, it was lighter than what I'm used to but stiff as a board. Good on volleys and backhands. Good to perfect the forehand with it. Great on serves and has good pop.
From: Edsel, 3/13

Comments: A very lightweight racquet that performs so well on the court. It's perfect for beginners and even intermediate players. Those who have fully developed strokes will certainly benefit from this high performing stick. Yes, it is a little stiff, but you will be comfortable with it after a while. Being a lightweight racquet, groundstrokes and volleys are easy to hit due to its maneuverability. With a 16x18 string pattern, you will also have easy access to spin. My game has never been better. Once again, thank you Dunlop.
From: Robert, 12/12
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow 17g @ 52 lbs

Comments: I love this frame. I struggled over the past year or so to find a good fit for my game (Murray wanna-be), after returning to the game after an almost 20 year absence (I'm a fit 44 years old). I experimented with the Prince POG Mid and OS (my old racquets), Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 Tour, and Prince O3 Red, all of which didn't quite allow me swing the way that I like to. I bought some 500s on a whim, given the reviews and bargain price, and I'm completely sold. Strung at 65lbs with a run-of- the-mill synthetic gut, I'm getting nice control and enough, but not too much power. My serve is lights out with this thing, and much more consistent. This 500 is also beautiful for a more nuanced/sliced/placed second serve. Touch/drop/spin shots are also much easier with this than with my previous frames. Man, I don't think I could be much happier with a racquet. Now, I've only got myself to blame when things aren't clicking.
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut @ 65lbs

Comments: This is a very maneuverable, low swingweight racquet with a generous 100 square inch hoop. I string it at a low tension to help generate better energy return/power to basically spank flat forehands back to the other side of the court. It's good also for quick cut slice backhands and reflexive defense at low tension. The low SW and lighter weight helps to hit flat serves and for me improves accuracy somewhat, but it doesn't blast them like a heavier racquet. It's kind of like a BLX Juice but tinnier.
From: Scott, 9/12
String type and tension: Forten Sweet 16 @ 52lbs

Comments: I like this racquet because it is good at everything. The only thing I didn't like was that it was head heavy so I made some modifications to it. I chose this racquet because my coach had an older version of this racquet that he let played with which was the Dunlop Aerogel 5D Tour M-Fil.
From: Taylor, 8/12
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow, 55 lbs

Comments: After some extensive demos I just kept coming back to to this wonderful stick. I tried the AeroPro GT, Pure Drive Roddick 2012, Wilson Six.One BLX amongst other popular racquets but this one just felt so right. I love the power and pop from this thing and the open string pattern is great for the spin I put on my serves. The area where this racquet lacks is in the finesse game like volleys but that's just a small complaint. And it's hard to argue with the great price point.
From: Kenny, 4/12

Comments: This is my first racket. I play high school and it does the job well. I enjoy the grip style on this racket as well. I laced mine up with Babolat Pro Hurricane tour at 60lbs. I'd say 60 lbs is too much. This racket feels nice to me but like I said, it's my first racket.

Comments: I am a 39 years old. I switched from Wilson n6.1 95 to Wilson K6.1 95 to Wilson BLX 6.1 95 to Head Youtek Radical MP and finally to Dunlop 4D500. The Dunlop 4D500 racket is lighter and easy to swing and very quick at net. The one that I like the most about 4D500 is the feel. Its soft and good for my arm. The top spin produced is quite impressive specially on my backhand. I had a problem handling a hard ball. I decided to added 1g of the lead tape on each 3 and 9 o'clock of the racket beam. Now, it feels more solid and become a bit head heavy. This help me to handle some hard balls without sacrificing the feel. I highly recommend this one.

Comments: This racquet helped my groundstrokes. I was able to hitch deeper in the court. Power is good. Control is great as long as you hit out. If I start playing it safe I can't control it. I like a heavier racquet. I tried 6 or 7 others and very happy I bought this one.
From: Bill, 10/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Silk 16 at 60 lbs
Upgraded to this racquet due to it's affordability; switched from a Head TiS5. The S5 was all about control with an oversize head, but lacked any power and was under my playing level. The Aerogel 500 is a great stick, with good power and good opportunity for spin. Since switching I've been able to improve my spin shots, as well as up the pacing on my shots, but there are a few things I don't like about the racquet. First off, my next purchase will be the 4D aerogel 500 tour, just because this racquet is a bit light for my liking. I'm 6'3" and 225 pounds, and hit with quite a bit of pace, and this racquet needs some lead tape as others have mentioned. It's also a bit stiff, which some people have complained about, but I haven't had too much of a problem in my arm with this racquet. Right now, it's one of the best racquets you can get for the money.

Comments:
From: Ben, Elgin, IL, USA. 06/11
String type and tension: Gamma Syn 16, 58 lbs

Comments: I played with this racquet competitively in juniors. It had lovely feel and very comfortable, but after awhile the racquet seems to behave like a head heavy racquet and I struggle. It really bothers my wrist. I stop using the racquet after about 8 months of using it, then I transitioned into Prince.
From: Kaithlyn. 6/11

Comments:Good stick just got my 3rd one after 3 200's. Stiffness is slightly higher, noticeable, but with tension right at 54, allow it to set for 2 weeks, it's gold to go. Not too powerful, great control, but you gotta do the hitting. Don't let the other guy start to push you around.
From: LeeD, Berkeley, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Boris Becker lite, 54 lbs

Comments: First time I tried this racquet; it felt too light and getting pushed back. But after customizing with lead and overgrip, I noticed 3 things immediately: more power, maintained control and my joint pains (elbow and shoulder) during serves seem to have gone away. I seem to have more time to prepare for my shots. I can hit more consistently deep baseline shots. And my serves have more pop and control at the same time. I can only say good things with this stick so far. I'm excited to see tomorrow how my volleys would change; I'm expecting some improvement there well. And all that for the unbeatable price. Getting a pair of these without demo'ing proved a great decision. The search is over.
From: Harry, Bay Area, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina 16 @ 55lbs

Comments: I really wanted to like this racket and gave it several tries but truthfully I hated it. It had a very stiff metallic feel and even with a full bed of Dunlop Comfort Multi, it sounded like I was hitting a baseball with an aluminum baseball bat. It was just too light and I couldn't get anything out of it. I had to swing extra fast to get some pace on the ball but the super fast swing was out of my comfort range and resulted in a loss of control. I was hoping the light weight was going to translate into some crazy topspin serves but there just was not enough substance to it.
If there are any redeeming qualities to this frame, I would say that the cosmetics are awesome, the frame feels very strong and solid for a racket of this weight, the beam is quite thin for a frame in this weight range which makes it feel much more refined than the super thick beam alternatives, and for a super light frame that is actually low powered and has a control oriented, firm response from the stringbed in a uniquely smaller 100 sq in head.
It's just far too light for me and the feel didn't improve with lead tape. The 500 Tour version was a much better fit.
From: Anon, SoCal, USA, 12/10

Comments: Coming off 4 years of M-fil and Aero 200s, this one is an easy swing, quicker swinging, slightly less flat power, stiffer and quicker. It seems to need softer string. Strikes up at the head yield little power, while the sweetspot seems slightly below the 200's. It's a very solid playing, great for me when I'm tired, a keeper now that 62 is right on the horizon.
From: Dom, Berkeley Ca. 12/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: It feels great in hand when playing, but, yes, it is a tad too light. I tape a dime at the handle, near the butt-cap. It plays very well, but sometimes feels a little underpowered but just needs a little weight. Overall, it has great control, giving me touch and nice slices.
From: Nagan, Orange County, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: 59lbs.

Comments: This racket REALLY HELPED MY GAME A LOT!! This was such a good racket that I fell in love with it when I got it. It had really good spin I think and my serves are FANTASTIC!! I'm really just experimenting with string that would work for it right now but I have some on it right now that it is really working for me. It's a hybrid that Babolat puts out I think. Overall this a really good racket. And those who say its light it is kinda light but its not too light. I think it's a really good racket.
From: Izzy, TX, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: 62 lbs.

Comments: Great stick, but maybe a bit too light in stock form for heavy exchanges. Added about 3 grams of lead at 12 o'clock and about 5 grams more in the butt-cap (be careful if you add weight only in the head as the racquet is already even if not slightly head-heavy balanced). The quality is excellent and I really like the Dunlop grip shape. I have used many racquets over the years and this one is at the top of the list! Fantastic for doubles, especially as it is very quick at the net and also very stable. Highly recommended, but you may have to experiment just a bit to customize it to your ideal weight and balance (I found the Tour version just a tiny bit too heavy for me-- it's VERY easy to customize this stick).
From: Tom, NY. 6/10
String type and tension: Dunlop comfort poly 17 55 lbs

Comments: I bought the 500 Tour about two months after I started getting serious about tennis and I just couldn't put it down, it felt so right in my hands, I previously owned a head racket and there was just no comparison.
From: Josh, Gonzales, Texas, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 59lb

Comments: Just an all around great racquet. It took a little while to adjust to but once I did my serves were faster and had more spin. My groundstrokes were more consistent and my net game was amazing. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
From: Matt S., Camarillo, CA. 5/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 60lb

Comments: I switched from a Tecnifibre TFlash 290 to the 4D 500 due to being more flexible and slightly lighter. This is a great frame if you have shoulder and arm issues in the past. Very easy to swing through the ball. Ground strokes pop off this racquet. At the net, the racquet really earns it's stripes. Control is amazing, placement is crisp. I have added some weight on the neck of the racquet to increase the speed of the serve.
From: T, Birmingham 09/09
String type and tension:Tecnifibre Bi-phase 16 ga. @ 54 lbs.

Comments: Decent racquet and nice feel. A little lighter than I thought and as such I feel the power is slightly lacking. However I have found control to be great (especially at net). I now realize I should have gotten the tour version. I am going to add some weight and see if that helps.
From: Elliot, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 @ 60 LBS

Comments: I absolutely love this racquet! I found that my groundstrokes were a lot more efficient and that I could bust the crap out of the ball and still have it well inside the baseline. I also found that my volleys were crisper and I had more touch with them. I am still trying to work out the kinks with my serve, but I recommend this racquet for anyone who is looking for a very spin-friendly stick.
From: Allen, Owensboro, KY, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: Isospeed Energetic 16 @ 65 lbs.

Comments: Fantastic racquet - perfect weight, stiffness and balance for me. I was looking for a moderately hefty frame of 11-12 oz, but one stiffer and more evenly balanced than a typical player's racquet. I like the heft of those frames, but the flex and head-light balance adversely affect my stability on volleys and serves, and consistency on groundstrokes. With a stiffer frame, the ball's action off the racquet is more unpredictable, so flexibility can actually reduce control. I realized I had been playing with frames too head light and flexible after demoing the KBlade 98, which improved my game instantly, especially my serve. But I wanted to try a couple similar frames before making a purchase, so I demoed the 500D Tour and Babolat Pure Drive (the inspiration behind the 500D Tour specs). It was a close call, as all three frames offer what I need in a racquet. But the Dunlop felt the most natural in my hand and the most comfortable swinging. It was also most forgiving of the three on balls that missed the sweet-spot. I plan on buying another very soon.
From: Al, Raleigh, NC, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro, 60 lbs

Comments: This racquet has a great blend of power and spin. The light frame makes it easy to cut through the air, while saving you arm, and joint. I love this racquet, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a light power racquet.
From: John, Helena, MT. 7/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 58lbs

Comments: Before this racquet I used the Babolat aero pro drive but I have to say this racquet has´┐Ż way better maneuverability and offers more forgiveness. Stick to Dunlop :)
From: Giovanni, Miami, FL, 07/09

Comments: I have moved to Dunlop on from the Babolat APD (which killed my wrist, arm and shoulder). I have been using the Aerogel 300 for a while, but now decided to have a hit with the Aerogel 500. This racquet provides a perfect balance between power and control and I feel my game has stepped up a level with this racquet. Although slightly lighter than the 300, I did not have any issues with the weight. I can hit with the same amount of power and spin as the Babolat, and have the same placement as the Aerogel 300 - and the arm problems have gone! Dunlop are making great racquets again!
From: Dave, UK. 6/09

Comments: I tried the 4D500 Tour and while I was impressed with it, I have found I hit with the 4D500 even better. Make no mistake about it, this is a "control" frame; groundstrokes, serves and especially volleys, come off the frame solidly. This is a solid, overall stick and I never thought I'd ever play with a Dunlop, but this is one sweet stick! I am sold on it.
From: Rob, Coronado, CA, USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Klip Screamer 16 or Dunlop Max Comfort Syn 16/Dunlop Syn Gut 16

Comments: I switched from the M-Fil 300 and I like this a lot more. With the 300 I didn't have enough power, and in order to put the ball deep from the baseline I was over swinging. This is just right for me from both the baseline and the net. Control and comfort are both excellent, and my elbow and shoulder have healed up nicely. I am able to put a lot of power on my serve and still maintain good control. I have also been told that the amount of spin I put on the ball with this racket makes playing against me very annoying. It's a good slice and dice type racket if you like to play that way.
From: D, Chicago. 04/09