Comments: I demo'd the M-Fil 300 along with Head Radical MP, Prince O3 Hybrid, and DNX 7 after going through some shoulder issues that impacted my ability to play. Found the M-Fil to be an almost custom fit to my "new" game. It's an arm friendly racquet (was it the Dunlop Max Comfort strings?) that had the right amount of power to complement baseline game but with a LOT more feel than I had gotten from any of my past few racquets. Good spin potential on both wings was found during the demo period. Only drawback was in handling/overcoming really heavy paced groundstrokes courtesy of a 5.0+ friend whom I played against. I fully believe that a little lead tape will go a long way in helping overcome this one drawback. I was impressed enough with this stick that I waiting on my shipment from TW due today.
From: Brian, McLean, VA, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Head FXP Prestige, WeissCannon Scorpions

Comments: I broke the last of three, 300-G Dunlop racquets I owned, and did not know what my next racquet was going to be. The AeroGel 300 was my first idea, but at $170, I was expecting more than just a cool paint job and toothpaste in the handle. I demo-ed the AeroGel for a while and decided that it was not worth the money. The only differences that I noticed from the 300-G to the AeroGel 300 was a higher price and actually a faster swing (which was really annoying). With that bad experience, I decided to try the M-fil 300. The M-fil is not only half the price of the AeroGel 300, but it also hits more similar to the 300G and looks way cooler. At $79.99, the racquet is a steal. The only noticable difference from the 300g to the M-fil 300 is how defined the shape of the M-fil 300 handle is. I felt that going from the 300g handle to the M-fil 300 handle was like going from a circle to an octagon. Regardless, I love it and I highly recommend it.
From: Darrell, Overland Park KS, United States. 6/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 16L/65 lbs
Headsize: 98 sq. inch

Comments: I'm a counterpuncher kind of guy who has a very reliable on-the-rise flat serve and a slicer when I'm pressured and this stick fit my game perfectly. I started with some issues with 'finding' the sweet spot since I'm sure and convinced its extremely small, and comes out of 'hiding' only with proper technique. I restrung it with Wilson Enduro 17 at 54 pounds, and now this thing is amazing! I don't have to find power to push my forehands back hard, the racquet's stiffness helps so much in my game. Thank you Dunlop, although the newer one isn't as fun. Will restring to a Luxilon Big Banger 16 later this year. Can't wait!
From: Reza, Malaysia. 6/08
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro 17
Headsize: 98 sq in
NTRP Rating: 3.0-4.5

Comments: I have been playing with the MFil 300 for about a year and a half and absolutely love the racket for the price. Great spin and power, but I could use a little more weight. I was thinking of trying the MFil 200 (16x19) after seeing the price and noticing that the weight is slightly higher. I definitely feel the difference when hitting against players that hit heavier balls. The 300 could use a little more punch. Anyways, other than that, great racket!
From: Jason, Waialua, HI, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Prince Lighting XX 16g

Comments: I bought these racquets in October of '06 to replace my Prince Triple Threat Bandit midplus. A good starting weight that can easily be customized (due to balanced feel). Though this racquet is 98 sq inches, the sweetspot size is definitely smaller, and there is less power than other 98 sq in racquets out there. But the sweetspot has some of the greatest control out of the racquets I tested. I demoed about 10 racquets before settling on this one, including M-Fil 200, Prince Graphite NXG, Slazenger, Head Liquidmetal Radical, Wilson nCode n6-1, and others. I chose this mainly because control and spin are there, but the weight of a 12+oz frame is not. Since it is always easier to add weight than remove it from a frame, these are great for those of you in transition from intermediate level play.
From: Eugene, Berkeley, CA, USA. 04/08
String type and tension: Generic polyester 16g 65lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: The absolute best racquet I have ever had! It is absolutely amazing. It has great feel and control and great power. I tried the new version and hated it because it was too head light. Dunlop needs to make a new one that is exactly like the old M-Fil. LOVE IT!
From: Kate, Nebraska. 2/08
String tension: 59

Comments: Truly a great stick, I have only recently committed myself to playing and now realize that this racquet is one of the best Dunlop I have ever played. It is well worth the 80 bucks.
From: Zack, San Bernardino, CA, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Babolot Pro Hurricane @ 57

Comments: Great stick. I really love using Babolat racquets, but I have to say this creates more topspin than the Pure Drive and has more control than Pure Drive and Aero Control!
From: Justin, Auckland, New Zealand. 1/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger
Headsize: 98 sq inch

Comments: This racquet is awesome! It produces topspin really well on the baseline, volleys are simply amazing, and slice is pretty good. Power and control were overall the best in this racquet. Good job in making this racket, Dunlop! Highly recommended.
From: Christine, Garland, Texas, USA. 12/07
String type and tension: Yonex 850 Pro Spin at 60 lbs.
Headsize: 98 square inches
NTRP Rating: 4.0/4.5

Comments: I started using the M-Fil 300 this summer after having used huge beginner racquets in the last few years. I'm twenty-two and have never seriously committed myself to playing tennis regularly until this year. This is also my first semi-advanced racquet, so take it for what it's worth, but my game improved tremendously using this stick. I was barely a 3.0 player at the start of the summer. I'm pretty much a strict baseline player who relies on heavy topspin groundstrokes, and the 300 consistently provides this. I wouldn't say that my serve has much better pop with this one, but has much more control and bite on slices and kicks. Can't speak to its volleying capabilities as my skills at net are next to nothing (still working on that). I just keep getting better with the 300, so I'll keep using it until I outgrow it.
From: Vince, Vancouver, WA, USA, 11/07
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet is a defensive gem, not to mention it has superb feel and control. It has definitely improved my game overall. The only negative I see from this racquet is that the sweetspot is relatively small compared to my other racquet (FXP Instinct), and it can be a bit jarring when hitting near frame. However, I have no arm problem after long matches. Definitely not a stick for beginner, though.
From: Dave, Spring, TX, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Dunlop MFIL-Tour 16g

Comments: For years I have used a Dunlop racquet -- 200g Black and yellow, muscle weave, and now I have the M-Fil 300. In my opinion the M-Fil 300 is the best racquet on the market for intermediate level players (3.5-4.5) who are looking to improve their back court game. The first time I played with the M-Fil 300 my arm hurt slightly the next day. I added two 2-inch pieces of 1/4 inch wide lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock, and that made all the difference. My arm does not hurt anymore, and the racquet plays like it was made for my game. I suggest that serious players string this racket with 17g string for more pop and increased control. Your technique must be good to get the best from this racquet. My friend with poor technique couldn't play with it.
From: Harvey, Atlanta, GA, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 17g

Comments: As a smallish guy who grew up playing all court tennis long long ago with a Dunlop Maxply Forte, I had hopes for the 300. I was looking to cut about an ounce off the 12.2 stick I have used for years, in hopes of raising swing speed which has been suffering as I have gotten older. After testing half a dozen other sticks from several manufacturers I decided to try the MFil 300 for a year. It is probably a good to great stick for someone who can hit the sweet spot every time and can handle the pop that produces. At its stock weight, the feeling of precision on low half volleys was and is just great. However, this is a racquet for a younger arm than mine in my judgment. It has been a little hard on arm and shoulder at the stock weight, and the smallish sweet spot is not very forgiving. BTW: The spot seems to me to be "hot" on groundies though that could be a string issue -- but the end result for me was a serious control problem. I weighted the stick up to about 11.5 oz, which helped a bit, but it is otherwise still too demanding for me. I had lots of directional control and nice spin on serves at the 10.5 oz weight, but pace was off. Pace problems were largely solved with added weight -- but of course then head speed went down! Note that I tried to keep the balance point unchanged. So I am still searching.
From: Bill, PA, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Dunlop Synthetic MF 16g mid-tension
Headsize: MP

Comments: This is a fantastic racquet. I bought 2 and matched them as closely as I could. Crisp, great pop and nice touch. I am a bit of a racquet junky but consider the M-Fil 300 my go to racquets. Previous racquets have included a POG OS, TT Attitude, M-Fil 400 and a bunch of 90 sq" heads. I am 53 and play often. I find the M-Fil 300 to be easy on the elbow/ shoulder, which is great when you are spending multiple days at the courts. I am a singles player & pretty much a baseliner but I am not unfamiliar with the net and find that the racquet is easily as nice as the M-Fil 400 at the net. My serves have huge pop and with out question, my number of aces has risen. This racquet is a great value and has made me want to demo other Dunlop racquets.
From: Mark, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: M: Poly 55lbs, X: Synthetic Gut 58 lbs, 18g

Comments: Excellent racquet! I used to play with a LM Radical but wasn't able to put enough spin to keep the ball inside the baseline because of the 18X20 pattern. I added lead tape to increase the weight to 330 gr. (One racquet had a 312 gr. weight strung and the other was 317 gr.). The 16X19 pattern gives a great amount of spin on baseline shots and on second serves. It also allows good touch on volleys. This racquet helped me improve my game as no other in the last 2 years (it's the 5th time I switched racquets since that time!!). Because I love to take a big-and-fast topspin swing at the ball, this is the best racquet I could get.
From: Mig, Quebec, Canada. 10/07
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Flash 1.25 at 62 lbs.

Comments: This tennis racquet did nothing for my power game that want. This is my first and last Dunlop racquet I will ever use. The groundstrokes were very weak and barely got by the service line. I have to really swing at it to make the ball go somewhere. But mostly if you really have to swing at the ball it's going to be a moon ball. Best advice if you want power with a little more control on your backhand try Wilson because Dunlop is having some trouble with M-Fil power.
From: Dominque, MD, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: 59 lbs
Headsize: 98 square in.

Comments: This racquet did nothing for my game. The ball never went past the service line with my groundstrokes and my serves were like 30% it did nothing to help my serve. If you want improvement in your game try Wilson because Dunlop didn�t cut it.
From: Dominque, MD, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: 53 lbs

Comments: This doesn't have quite the flexible feel of the 300G and is noticeably less headlight. This increased swingweight adds slightly more power, which is probably more appealing to most. I welcomed the extra weight toward the head since I usually play from the baseline. It's still unstable at the net b/c of the low weight, but less so than the 4pt HL 300G. Also, the stiffer feeling increased discomfort for me somewhat, but that may be because I've strung 5 lbs higher than I did the 300G. The Aerogel 300 is noticeably heavier than both of these, but feels perfectly balanced and provides the most power overall, yet is still easy to control. The feedback is more like the 300G, where the M-Fil is a bit boardy. The only downside to the AG is that it requires a little better preparation b/c of the weight.
From: JT, Huntsville, AL, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Polylon sp 17, 58/61
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I have been playing with Dunlop rackets for the past 15 years and I am happy that Dunlop has continued to offer great new models all along. Power, (I think) to a large extent comes more from timing the ball perfectly and can be achieved irrespective of the racket you use. The type of strings (thinner the better & nothing like natural gut) & the string tension also play a very important role in determining how any racket behaves. One likes a particular racket due to the desired feel & control it offers. The M-Fil 300 has those features I look for. Great feel & superb control. The built in vibration dampening in most Dunlop's make them great rackets to use. The M-Fil 300 is highly maneuverable & gives me the choice of using slice or topspin, whenever I want to. A great racket for those seeking feel, control, & maneuverability. What else would one want? Speed/Power as I said, comes from timing. Roger Federer is a great proof. Keep it up Dunlop.
From: Nitin, Poona, India, 09/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 17 : 53

Comments: I love this racquet. I have been using Dunlops for years. I have been using the 600g for about a year and I was unhappy with the balance and needed something very head light for my backhand. This racquet performed better than expected. I mainly play from the baseline and the forehands are much more controlled. Great power when you hit it in it's sweetspot. Unbelievable access to spin from the backhand, which was unexpected. The racquet feels very solid. No power if you hit outside the sweetspot, which is expected given its head size. Great racquet for the price. Since I have been playing this racquet my game has definitely improved because the racquet demands it.
From: Alan, Campbell, CA, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 17, 60lbs

Comments: Well I bought this racket yesterday as a backup to my Babolat aeropro drive and I just got back from using it. First things first this is a very very good racket and its price is great. I loved volleying and serving with it. My backhand was very nice as well. My only problem is my forehand, I�m not getting a lot of depth with it. Now that might be because I�m used to my Babolat or swing technique. I�m going to get another one and add some lead tape to see if it improves. overall a splendid racket to demo and buy.
From: Chris, Marengo, IL, USA, 09/07

Comments: Previously I played with the old Dunlop 200g & the 20th anniversary model 200G the model right before the muscle weave. Recently been playing with the POGs OS & midplus models but since I�m getting older I need something easier to handle. So upon further research & based on the board here I decided to get one. Originally I was going to get the M-Fil 200, but I wanted the lighter racquet so I got the M-Fil 300. At first I thought I made a mistake, because the only thing I could do well with it was the volleys. But now I've customized to my own specs with lead tape. Wow the results are amazing! I'm playing like I'm playing with a Turbo Charged POG! Serves, overheads, volleys, & the groundstrokes are all amazing now! The price you can't beat, I better stock up on a few more of these magic wands.
From: Eric, Honolulu, HI, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash 57 lbs

Comments: This wasn't exactly an update to a 300G. The balance is more toward the head and you can feel it in the swing. I used a 300G for two years until I wanted more weight. Both of these are unique racquets in they're a little too light against heavy hitting, but very maneuverable and control oriented. They make great doubles sticks, but lack sufficient mass to receive and deliver heavy balls from the baseline. Bottom line: suits juniors (?), baseliners may want to add weight, doubles players can appreciate the speed and agility of this frame.
From: Grant, Queens, NY, USA. 7/07
String type and tension: 16g synthetic @ 55 � 60 Lbs

Comments: This is my first TW review, and I�ve played with the Dunlop M-Fil 300 for about one month now. I�ve used my trusty Wilson ProStaff 6.1 Stretch for about 10 years. But now I�m 42, and it�s getting pretty hard to swing 13+ ounces for hours at a time on a hot summer day. I think most of the previous feedback is spot-on. I will add that this racquet is a defensive gem. I won my last three ladder matches; not because I hit a ton of winners, but because I made very few errors. I have found more pace and consistency on my serve, no doubt about that. The jury is still out on my ground and return game. I love that my errors are down, I�m just not sure that I can hit a deep and heavy enough ball with this racquet. A little lead tape does help. But I think keeping the ball in the lines is what matters most, and as long as I swing out with confidence, the Dunlop M-Fil 300 treats me right. I can recommend it and I�m buying another one.
From: Bruce, Ventura, CA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Yonex 850 60#

Comments: Most of my tennis is doubles. My previous racket was a Pro Kennex 7G and then I demoed a M-FiL 300. It was as comfortable on my arm as the 7G but produced a better slice backhand and more power on the forehand and serve. However, when I played against stronger players, I noticed some loss of control in groundstrokes and volleys. After adding lead tape at 3,6,9 o'clock and the throat that problem went away. This racket also can provide adequate topspin as needed. I now own two of this model and my game has improved noticeably.
From: Howard, Las Vegas, NV, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut Multi 17- 60lbs

Comments: The M-fil 300 offers a nice blend of stability, control and maneuverability. I got excellent control when I put my power into my shots. My serves are much better due to its control factor. I can pinpoint my serves and hit with more topspin. This racket is a dream come true and is well worth trying out if your looking to improve your game with an all around racket. Perfect choice for a one-handed backhand player.
From: Sergio, Clearwater, FL, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Dunlop Explosive Polyester 17g
Headsize: 98 Sq. In.

Comments: I love this racquet. It was just what I wanted after switching from a Hyper Hammer 6.2. There is much more control, and power only when I desire it. I still made plenty of errors, but they are my fault now, not due to an overpowered unpredictable racquet anymore =) It has a very solid feel, nice thin beam, good weight for someone moving up from a hammer-type racquet. Also it has the greatest paintjob ever. Serving is a breeze and volleys are nice. It will take a while to get my ground strokes dialed in, but in general when I hit with confidence they are good. I am not nervous about hitting out much anymore. Definitely give this racquet a try. I love the Dunlop feel. I got this partly because my dad and I both liked the Maxply McEnroe that I got him and this has very similar specs.
From: James, Wilmore, KY, USA. 6/07
String type and tension: Wilson Reaction 17 62 lbs

Comments: I just love this racquet from the start I got it from Tennis Warehouse. It gives me power, but I would like it if it gave a little more control. Overall this racquet is for me. I use a 5/8 grip and it feels awesome. Very comfortable, barely any vibrations, and the racquet looks great.
From: Kevin, Corona, CA, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16L 60 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet for me. It really adds some power to my first serve, and allows me to put a lot of spin on my second serve. It handles really well at the net. My volleys feel really solid with the Dunlop. From the baseline, I can get a lot of topspin on my groundstrokes, along with power whenever I need it.
From: Richard, Baton Rouge, LA, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 61 lbs

Comments:This racquet has decent control and spin. However the power isn't all that great. When serving I can get good spin, but power is midrange. On groundstrokes once again I get good spin, but power is once again mediocre. As a headlight racquet, you'd think it would be good at the net, however it�s lacking in this area. The sweetspot is a bit small, and it doesn't have much power in the first place. The comfort on this racquet it very poor, it's very jarring even when you get the sweetspot, it's a pain on the elbow. If you play with this definitely use a dampener, (however the one that came with the racquet doesn't quite fit and it pops off rather easily). The factory strings are horrible, so get it restrung asap if you get one. The grip is decent, but it rips rather quickly, and since it's white it gets dirty even faster. I should put some lead tape on. I don't really recommend this racquet. Some other racquets that I tried that I am considering to replace this stick- Wilson k6-1s Babolat Pure Drive and Aeropro Drive Prince O3 tour, red and hybrid hornet
From: Jonathan, MN, USA, 05/07
String type and tension: Factory Strings
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I demoed this racquet and a day later I went out and bought it. It offers excellent power on the serve with lots of control. I would highly recommend it anyone.
From: Oliver, London, England, 04/07

Comments: Love the racquet, Used the Babolat Pure Drive last season after always using Wilson Pro Staffs before that. After struggling to keep any groundstroke consistency with the Babolats, I purchased a Dunlop M-Fil 300 on a bit of a whim. Best move I have made for my game. Just a racquet with a great feel. Bought a 2nd straight away from Tennis Warehouse. I have an all court game and like to hit the ball pretty hard and flat. I put lead tape on at 3 and 9 o'clock and also under the handle to keep the balance and it gives it a bit more heft as I did feel it was a bit light for bigger guys. I did however break more strings with this racquet that normal. I purchased Luxilon Big banger string recently and that has definitely helped. Great racquet and the great price certinly helps. Certainly worth a demo.
From: Ross, Melbourne, Australia. 3/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @ 58 Lbs

Comments: Overall, very satisfied with this racquet. I like small frames but if you want to generate ample power, maybe not your first choice.
From: Jos�, Dallas, TX, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Prince topspin 16, 59lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet. I find that it gives me the best serve and overheads over any other racquet. I also think that it gives me some of the best feeling volleys. Play is good at the baseline as well. Slice on both wings is great. A good choice for an advanced player.
From: Ryan, NC, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Dunlop M-Fil Tour 16L @ 60 lbs

Comments: I switched to the M-Fil 300 after using the Dunlop 400G for a couple of years. I absolutely love this racquet. This racquet has fabulous control, and I love the "feel" that I get when I attack the net. Topspin is great as well.
From: JP, New York, NY, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 at 58 lbs.
Headsize: 98 sq. inches

Comments: This is a great frame. It helps you on so many aspects, that it�s hard not to turn it down. Volleys are crisp, slice is deadly, and serves are powerful. Good choice for any developing player!
From: Ryan, Murphy, NC, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Dunlop M-Fil Tour 16 @ 62 lbs.
Headsize: 98 (only one)

Comments: I just purchased this stick last month, great value for money and it�s got a great feel to it I have an all-court game and tend to stay at the baseline so it suits me fine; not too stiff so it�s easy on the arm. My volleys seem to come off more crisp and my backhand feels great. Dunlop multifilament 300 is the one for me. Hope these comments help.
From: Jeremy, Japan, 01/07

Comments: I just switched from the i.Radical OS racquet, to the Dunlop m-fil300 racquet, and I love this racquet, it was a great Christmas and new years gift. This racquet helps me keep my shots in, unlike the i.Radical OS where the balls would sometime fly out on me. My new Dunlop is perfect for my game, because I have a fast swing and hit the ball flat with a touch a top-spin. As For my serve I now hit cleaner faster serves and have a better feel for my volley. This is the best racquet I�ve ever had, and it is worth getting another one.
From: Gafar, Union, NJ, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 58 lbs

Comments: I found the MFIL 300s on TW and bought them on account of them being 90 dollars a stick I was surprised at the buy because they seemed to be the perfect racket for a 6'5 all-court player. I was serving huge and believe it or not kept some balls in court. They have great feel and are good all around.
From: Alastair, Canada. 1/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Code Red @ 59 lbs

Comments: I put some lead tape on the head only and this baby was hitting the balls harder than ever. So much pop so much control so much spin, flawless racquet.
From: Nick, OH, 01/07
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro @ 60lbs

Comments: I strongly suggest to test the old 300G before buying the new model. I bought the new Mil-300 and I am little bit disappointed even that is has good control, decent power and is very consistent racquet. I find that the 300G provides you with an extra boom on every shot that gives me better feel and sensation. The 300G is the best/price racquet available. Also, from my point of view, the Babolat that I tested are pure marketing and the only brand that I like (apart from Dunlop special feel) are some Volkl models.
From: Melendo, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. 1/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Original at 24 kg

Comments: This was my first Dunlop purchase and sort of on a whim. I was dissatisfied with my older racquets and was looking for something to complement my game and this racquet was it. Took a while to get used more of a player's frame but the control is there and just enough pop to be helpful on groundies. Serves and volleys like a dream. Combined with the low price you can't go wrong.
From: Sean, Auburn, AL, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger XP @ 60 lbs

Comments: I have played with Wilson 6.1, 4.3, and 6.0. Dunlop M-fil 300 has better control power and fell than those Wilson racquets. I recommend this to anyone who is using those racquet and looking to move up to the next level of play.
From: Harv, Queens, NY, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 15 @ 57 lbs

Comments: Power, control, silky feel, and even comfort...sounds more like a Porsche right? Take this racquet out for a spin and you will truly not believe the solid changes it can offer your game. I tested many racquets before making the switch not wanting to believe that Dunlop (makers of what I previously considered racquets that were entirely too stiff) had made a stick that feels more like an extension of my arm than a racquet. Walk quietly but carry a dangerous stick - the Dunlop MFil 300...sweet response with a NXT/Big Banger blend at 60 lbs...
From: Rick, Newport, RI, USA, 12/06
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour/Luxilon Big Banger Rough

Comments: I have played the mFil 300 for just over a year and have been very pleased. Very nice balance of power & control & very maneuverable. Great at net. I was worried about the light weight but have found it to be very solid, even against open level players. This racquet allows me to feel very comfortable swinging freely on groundstrokes and the open string pattern has helped to give me more spin than I used to get from my previous racquet(Head iTour). This racquet has something to offer most levels of player.
From: Dave, Baltimore, MD, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Gosen OG Sheep Super 16

Comments: That�s good to hear Barry and everyone else, yes they are really good racquets they are by far the best I have ever played with. Very responsive and nicely balanced they are also.
From: Sam, Brisbane, Australia. 11/06
String type and tension: Babolat X-cel @ 61 lbs

Comments: Excellent! After hitting for less than 5 minutes with this racquet, I knew it was the perfect fit for me. Power & Control are both there. It feels like more of an extension of my arm compared to several others I tried.
From: Ethan, San Francisco, CA, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Hybrid

Comments: Both my brother and have been part of the babolat and head team for quite some years as junior players. Recently we played with Dunlop and we both received these sticks. Number one, they are ridiculously light for any player at a pro level, and secondly, the control from the back of the court is horrible. In one week all four racquets that I strung broke in 3 days. My babolats lasted for 2 weeks sometimes. Funny, all sticks broke in the same exact spot, the middle of the frame. And, the strings broke in the same exact way. It is something that Dunlop must look into and that is why this stick is so cheap I believe, the feel may be good and the look, however, the quality is poor. Definitely demo it first but I would wait to see what Dunlop makes next. My brother and I are just furious with this stick. We have to now use it for our upcoming juniors tourney in Moscow! great way to run out of sticks ~
From: Jesse, Boca Raton, FL, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Kirshbaum / Alpha gut 16

Comments:I really liked this racquet, it gave lots of spin potential, very nice power without sacrificing any control. Also the extra pop really helped my one handed backhand and made it into a weapon. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to improve a one handed backhand or wanting more power without sacrificing control.
From: Milan, Marlboro, NJ, USA, 11/06
String type and tension: Mutual Power 55 pounds

Comments:I waited 5 days for this racquet to arrive at my house and for me to test it out. It was definitely worth the wait. I used to use the 200g but I decided that I needed something lighter to customize with. The stock version is a nice racquet already but with added lead weights in appropriate places, this became my all-time favorite racquet and it made me enjoy every moment of tennis I was playing. It did take a while to get used to but after a week of playing, my friends and I could notice that my overall playing level was more consistent because of the control this racquet has and the precision just made me play more confidently. This racquet is definitely worth a try for any tennis player. You might come to love it as I have
From: Andrew, Arlington, Texas, USA, 10/06
String type and tension: Babolat Ballistic Polymono @ 63

Comments: If you're looking for a racket with some - but not too much power (not as powerless as some of the real low-geared player rackets out there); and yet a racket that has a good degree of control - then you should definitely try this one. The head is a bit narrow on this racket - the 98 sized head has the width of 95 sized racket - I guess it gets the 3 extra inches because its head is a little more oblong than a typical Wilson, for example. I have tried nearly 30 rackets in the last year and have found a few that I like a lot - for different reasons... I like Prince O3 Tour MS (controlled sweet spot, with low power), Volkl Catapult 8 (nice kick, light, but not too powerful) and now I need to add this one to the list - Dunlop M Fil 300. This is really a nice racket - with traits blending the above mentioned Prince and Volkl rackets. I wish it were a little heavier - and have thought about trying the M Fil 200. But I liked this racket so much, I almost don't want to mess with a good thing. Of course, putting natural gut string is probably nice on almost any racket - but I demoed this racket with Wilson NXT Max and that was enough to make me purchase it. $99 is an absolute bargain - so I figured I'd throw on the gut - the results were amazing. I almost felt guilty playing with it. That combination makes for such a comfortable, responsive racket. I think this is going to be my new number one racket.
From: Tony, NJ, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Wilson Natural Gut 16 @ 60 lbs

Comments: After borrowing my friend's M-fil 300, I said to myself that I'm going to buy one too. I was able to hit forehands with more spin and power and my backhands were diving in fast and with more control unlike before. My serves were amazing! I could hit 3 to 5 more aces per game with this racket. However, I was not satisfied with my volleys with this racket, but it's a very good racket. This racket is good for intermediate and advanced players.
From: Lance, Philippines. 9/06
String type and tension: Dunlop Syn Gut 16 @ 61 lbs

Comments: I borrowed this racquet from a friend several months ago when I really began looking into buying some new frames as I could sense that my 300g's were about to crack any day and I was noticing that these racquets were beginning to get quite popular. For me, it was love at first sight. This racquet is just that little bit better in every single way compared to the 300g. Solidity and better control make this racquet ideal. It�s very maneuverable, has a nice low swingweight, and a good level of stiffness. It is easily the best racquet out there for me right now, and at the price, it�s a complete steal. This stick is definitely worth a test drive no matter what style you play.
From: Lenny, San Francisco, CA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 17 @ 59 lbs and Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 @ 61 lbs

Comments: This racquet is AWESOME! I'd been using Yonex for years and after reading such great reviews about the Dunlop, I decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did because it was all I had hoped for and more!
From: Jen, San Francisco, CA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Babolat Tonic+ 16 @ 62 lbs

Comments: I just bought one of these on an impluse because I have grown frustrated with my Babolat Aeropro Control. This is a great racquet at a great price. It has quite a bit of power but it is manageable. I have an extreme western forehand and a one handed backhand and let me tell you the action I can get on the ball with this open string pattern, and weight is amazing. This racquet will take some time getting used to but so far it is very good.
From: Josh, Fredericksburg, VA, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Big Banger Original Mains @ 55 lbs, Gamma Synthetic Gut Crosses @ 57 lbs

Comments: While I would agree with just about all the positive things that have been said about this racquet, I can't go along with the notion this racquet will work for all player levels. As a 3.0 player who demoed this racquet I was taken by its control, power, maneuverability and feel. After purchasing the racquet, however, I found that it was difficult to achieve consistently good results. Finding the sweetspot on this racquet could be challenging at times. Missing the sweetspot caused power and control to nosedive. This is billed as a player�s racquet and I believe that's what it is (despite its relatively light weight). If you're not at least a solid 4.0, I think you'd be better served by a different racquet.
From: Joe, Memphis, TN, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Wilson Ultra Syn Gut @ 60lbs

Comments: I am a former user of the ever-so-popular Wilson NCode six-one 95. Fairly solid, but I felt a few of my balls were still sailing long on my big groundstrokes, even though my swing is fairly compact. I use a semi-western grip on my forehand, and even with a compact (but hard) swing I was seeing a lot of my shots sail even with fairly heavy topspin being generated. I'm 6'6 so I have a monster serve, and I was very pleased to see the m-fil300 improve my serve even more. My second serve gets a ridiculous amount of free points with this stick. As for volleys, it�s probably the only area I think the m-fil is worse than the NCode in, but it�s still not terrible by any means. Overall, though, the improvements on groundstrokes and serves made this an incredible upgrade for me, and at the price they go for it�s basically a steal.
From: Jason, Az 09/06
String type and tension: prince 16 with duraflex - 60lbs

Comments: I bought this racket last spring after cracking the frame of one of my 300Gs. Before I bought one though, I borrowed one from my friend. At first I really didn't like it, primarily because it has a different kind of feel and sound when it comes off the strings. However, once I got past that I realized that, besides those differences, the 300G and the m-fil 300 are essentially the same racket give or take some ounces and swing weight. Overall, this is a great racket. Good, solid feel. Great control and very maneuverable. It doesn't matter what your game is. As long as you take long, full swings, consider this racket.
From: Matt, Portland, Oregon 09/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough @ 57 lbs
Headsize: 98 sq. in.

Comments: I love this racquet, best racquet I have owned. The power and control is great for me and it has definitely improved my game a lot. My serve got way better; I am now able to add more spin to my serves and now hitting them harder and more consistently than ever before. Also my shots have been hitting cleaner and deeper into the court, this racquet has also added way more control. Volleys and overheads have been way easier for me. I have been able to create rallies with this racquet and have been able to create great slice shots. Very comfortable racquet. I would recommend this racquet to any player from all levels.
From: Janel, Alsip, Illinois, USA 09/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 @ 58

Comments: This is a great racquet, great at stock, great when you customize it. It�s light enough with a good balance to customize to your needs. I leaded mine up to 11.6 with even balance and all I can say is WOW. I am ripping shots, putting great spin and serving flat bombs. It�s now very stable as well, and serve and volley has worked great with this.
From: David 09/06

Comments: This is a great racquet. The power appropriate with the weight and topspin comes with no effort at all. What can I say is, this racquet really change my game. My forehand is now deeper, backhand is much in control right now, and what I really like about this racquet is that I can put a lot of top spin for my 2nd serves which I don�t have before. Confidence is there every time for my 2nd serve. I try to hit with Eastern grip with this racquet and it felt great with flat shots. However I stick with Semi-western and topspin is really nice with this racquet. It can be demanding if you strung this racquet at the tight level, and mine is best played with 57lbs. I don't know why not many recreational players chose other brands. I can see improvements in my serves and backhand. Can be tough for those who don�t have full strokes yet.
From: Mr. Jgx, Malaysia 07/06
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 17 w Duraflex 57lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet recently as I had trouble finding a good 300G in the 3/8 size. I've played with a friend's 300G before and it�s a wonderful player's racquet: headlight, lightweight, control oriented. The mistake I made was to buy the M-Fil 300 without demoing it, believing that it was going to be similar. I did notice the single point difference in head- light-ness and the small difference in stiffness. But the results were completely disappointing. The M-Fil felt like a 'tweener racquet with nowhere near the control of the 300G and way more power even when strung tight at 63 lbs.
From: Nikhil, Charlotte, NC, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 16

Comments:I picked this racquet up and I immediately started playing better than I did with my current racquet. That has never happened to me before. Incredible. Improvement in all areas of my game, and lots of control too. I'm now switching to this stick. Can't wait to kick ass at the club! I'm worried that Dunlop might stop making this racquet. It's not easy to find here.
From: William Henry, Orange County, California, USA, 07/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 58lbs. Wilson NXT 64lbs.
Headsize: 98 sq. in.

Comments: The M-Fil 300 is awesome! My favorite uncle gave 2 of them to me as a gift (ordered from TW delivered to my house), and it is the best racquet I have ever used. I've played tennis for 15 years but it has been a long time since I got excited about a racquet (when I played my first pro staff!). This is IT. My holy grail. Control and maneuverability are incredible and somehow the feel is UNIQUE. My forehands just explode off the M-Fil 300 with lots of spin, my backhands are flat and crisp, and my sliced drop shots just die behind the service line. As for my kick serves, I have never gotten so many free points off my second serve! I've played singles against 3 players rated NTRP 6.0 with this racquet, and I took them all to 3 sets, and held match points on 2 of them! Unbelievable! Maybe the M-FIl 300 turned me into an NTRP 6.0? That's how I feel! I already have 2 but I am buying 4 more of these for my 20th birthday next month. Just... wow. Goodbye Wilson nsix one 95! You were a nice solid racket, but I am just infatuated with this unknown Dunlop racket. I hope no one catches on and I have this treasure all to myself. It's different from any other racquet, really one of a kind in a great way.
From: Immanuel, Washington D.C., USA 07/06
String type and tension:Dunlop Max Comfort 66lbs.w/Luxilon Ace 60lbs.
Headsize: 98 square inches

Comments: When I started playing on the varsity team at my high school I used the 300g, until one day I decided to try out the new version. At first I was about to throw it out, but give it some time, two weeks at the least. If you do that you will see a drastic difference in your game, serving, volleying with this racket I think is key. Go and try it out, I swear you'll like it.
From: Matt, San Jose, Ca 07/06